PDA

View Full Version : Making with the anti monk.

Spermy
05-07-05, 15:12
Oki dokes... Seeing as all the anti monk talk is spilling out into other threads - can we please keep it in here?

You see a comment pertaining to monks - rather than take the other thread off topic - quote it, and reply to it here.

Anyhow - yes. I am a tad anti monk - the way they are at the mo - we'd be better off without them. AS THEY ARE - I'm pro-removal, if they were to change then yeah - i'd rethink my stance. Just because my beliefs are unreasonable to some doesn't mean I am :p

Selendor
05-07-05, 15:21
Just stick to the 'solving the ppu problem' thread, no need for another imo

ZoVoS
05-07-05, 15:30
damit taking the linelight away from my thread spermy :p

Mechanicus
05-07-05, 15:32
great, now we can hear all the same things theyve been saying in every thread for 2 weeks all over again

you do realise monks ARNT going to be removed dont you?

Original monk
05-07-05, 15:37
antimonkthread ?

*cough* bollocks *cough*

ZoVoS
05-07-05, 15:39
i got no problem with monks its the useless way the game handels em i dont like lol, my monks a hybreed, cant ARGH so many modules to take into acount lol

vashtyphoon78
05-07-05, 15:50
I dont really hate/love monks. there just like a heavy combat spy to me, but then again i dont PVP (yet) but ppus really help but maybe could use the mini nerf bat.

Dribble Joy
05-07-05, 16:42
Good to see thatany degree of sense and reason remaining in this comunity has dissipated since I was away.

zii
05-07-05, 16:51
Love monks. Let them live. Pro-life - Pro-choice :D

remove 'kin para.

/me goes back to sleep under his rock. The moss is feather soft.

Inchenzo
05-07-05, 17:14
Monks are fine the way they are.
Soon enough it won't be monko'cron anymore and it'll be tanko'cron again
or something, it's always in flux.

Things (addittion of new weapons/items/guns) will keep changing as always.. just not as fast as it used to happen.

LTA
05-07-05, 17:43
Monks are fine the way they are.
Soon enough it won't be monko'cron anymore and it'll be tanko'cron again
or something, it's always in flux.

Things (addittion of new weapons/items/guns) will keep changing as always.. just not as fast as it used to happen.Nothing will change the power of a ppu tho less the weapon is specifically against em (of which past attempts have failed) so nothing much will changed since weapons are always balanced with ppus in mind aswell....

Morganth
05-07-05, 17:47
great, now we can hear all the same things theyve been saying in every thread for 2 weeks all over again

I completely agree. And you are also one step ahead of me with your avatar, I was about to make one of them today :lol:

Nullvoid
05-07-05, 17:58
Removing complexity from the game is a bad thing. Balance monks by all means, nerf some of their abilities if you really feel it is necessary, but don't remove them completely.

Monkocron is boring yes, as is tankocron/libocron/spyocron/whateverthefuckocron...if people could think for themselves instead of just making and overusing whatever is seen to be the latest ownage class we might be getting somewhere.

Spermy
05-07-05, 18:31

Didn't bother to read the entirety of the thread TBH, assumed it was PPU Only.

Yes you can - collected in one place for your convenience instead of over every other sodding thread!

And no - frankly I realise nothing about KK's plans for the game - neither do you - or anyone else for that matter - I think we've seen that already, one good example would be the runcasting nerf they "neglected to mention".

damit taking the linelight away from my thread spermy :p

Apologies.

antimonkthread ?

*cough* bollocks *cough*

Pro Monk? *cough*bollocks*cough*, 2 can play pointless mudslinging games :)

I dont really hate/love monks. there just like a heavy combat spy to me, but then again i dont PVP (yet) but ppus really help but maybe could use the mini nerf bat.

Yar, agreed - the only problem being that a lot of the time - the bat goes unused in favour of the sledgehammer.

Good to see thatany degree of sense and reason remaining in this comunity has dissipated since I was away.

Long gone - as has a fair few peoples patience.

If the modly powers feel a close is in order - then feel free, although I'd prefer it if any comments unfitting of discussion in any other thread ( IE they pertain to the anti MONK {not just ppu!} issue), were to be moved here for discussion.

LTA
05-07-05, 18:36
Didn't bother to read the entirety of the thread TBH, assumed it was PPU Only.
PPU is ultimately the monk problem tho, take away all what they offer and the game itself is a standard mmo setup

Tank,
Paper Thin high dmg dealer
Fancy Class (spy get the toys to a point)
Joat type class (mix of everything)

ppu .... is the healer its just that most healers heal not drastically overpower everyone

Combine half ppu with the apu and you have a High Damage Dealer with HIgh Defense, they bestow it on everyone to... anti measures didnt work, just thinks shelts/defs need a hp level (how much they absorb in total dmg) or need things that just ignore shelt/def altogether pvp wise (as in like teflon coated bullets or some shit that didges shelt lol)

LiL T
05-07-05, 18:43
Whats with all these stupid anti monk avatars, god it reminds me of kids that can't get there way :rolleyes: *whaaaa wahaaa* and such..

Monks need looking into but theres no need for people making sigs and avatars to protest, I'm sure KK are aware of the problems already.

Original monk
05-07-05, 19:17
Pro Monk? *cough*bollocks*cough*, 2 can play pointless mudslinging games :)

pro monk ? nope ... original monk, its all in a name :)

mudslinging hrrrr if i gonna start slinging it wont be with mud hehe :lol: tell me the reason of this post ? to make the forum cleaner of whines on monks in general ? ppu's in particular ? yeah with that kind of avater i certainly believe you spermy :)

fact is this whines gonna be the same and stay the same in the other posts on the forum ... not in youre new antimonkgatheringthread lol, you yust want the removal of monks discussed i guess, dunno

not like this is the first time hehe; few jump the bandwagon but it goes away after a while .. like the remove parasigs :) ... tough diffrence is they had a valid point ... removal of a spell, yes an annoying spell wich makes you a snail if you get hit ... a remove_skill spell if you like ... in any case an annoying spell to get hit with lol ..

but removal of a class ? yeah :rolleyes: KK did alot of weird things in the past but i never seen em remove a basic class lol ... nerf a subclass (hybrids) yeah :( but not a removal of a full class .. common :lol:

if you remove monks whats next ? remove the next class above on the list and so on till where all spy's stealthing away from eachother ? :lol:

yeah yeah whatever :/

im off to play game

Jesterthegreat
05-07-05, 19:21
few jump the bandwagon but it goes away after a while .. like the remove parasigs

wanting game balance = bandwagon...

oh and most of us know exactly why the para sigs went. the person who hosted them decided to get back at KK after he quit...

Original monk
05-07-05, 19:27
good luck on trying to acomplish that with deleting classes ... any class tbh

btw ... 30 x the same avater is bandwagon

Jesterthegreat
05-07-05, 19:29

so if we used the default avatar's that would be a bandwagon too?

how about all being in the same clan?

and i dont want monks to be deleted. i'm anti "how monks are".

:edit: if you want FRE's fixed your on a bandwagon tbh.

if you want a patch soon you're on one too.

in fact if you want anything that multiple others want you're on a bandwagon... right? :rolleyes:

Original monk
05-07-05, 19:40
no :)

and must say its hard recognising who posts at first glance :/ practically :)

what was the use of this post again ? owyeah to remove monks completely lol .. thats not realistic :)

Spermy
05-07-05, 20:04
what was the use of this post again ? owyeah to remove monks completely lol .. thats not realistic :)

Fuck off. The point of this thread is for anti monk discussion in general - How many other threads have I read " Can we stop getting all anti monk? this thread is about xxx yyy" SO, if someone raises a point in those threads that some one wants to raise a point about, from an anti monk point of view, they can do it here without derailing another thread.

It's not a general whine about monks, although yes I do believe they need to go.

Oh, and for the record it's not some arsey attempt to clean up the forum, there's so much complete bollocks on here anyway I wouldn't know where to start.

You wanna keep monks? Fine, then raise some points, if not - all you have to do is ignore the damn thread

:rolleyes:

Spermy
05-07-05, 20:08
pro monk ? nope ... original monk, its all in a name :)

Your stance, Pro monk? or anti monk?

mudslinging hrrrr if i gonna start slinging it wont be with mud hehe :lol: tell me the reason of this post ? to make the forum cleaner of whines on monks in general ? ppu's in particular ? yeah with that kind of avater i certainly believe you spermy :)

Answered above, couldn't really give a shite about the forum state TBH.

fact is this whines gonna be the same and stay the same in the other posts on the forum ... not in youre new antimonkgatheringthread lol, you yust want the removal of monks discussed i guess, dunno

Like I said - not so much a whine as a place to whine (if so inclined), or maybe, just maybe to discuss. Although in your case it's probably to massage the old arsehole gland...

not like this is the first time hehe; few jump the bandwagon but it goes away after a while .. like the remove parasigs :) ... tough diffrence is they had a valid point ... removal of a spell, yes an annoying spell wich makes you a snail if you get hit ... a remove_skill spell if you like ... in any case an annoying spell to get hit with lol ..

Nowt to do with A spell - it's a class, one that is head and shoulders above the rest, and should never have been so.

but removal of a class ? yeah :rolleyes: KK did alot of weird things in the past but i never seen em remove a basic class lol ... nerf a subclass (hybrids) yeah :( but not a removal of a full class .. common :lol:

if you remove monks whats next ? remove the next class above on the list and so on till where all spy's stealthing away from eachother ? :lol:

yeah yeah whatever :/

im off to play game

:rolleyes:

EDIT - Fuck... DBL Post.

eprodigy
05-07-05, 20:12
yeah we are whiners for wanting the class that ruins the game fixed. i dont even care anymore, I don't have to play the game... anyone who says monks are fine is just an idiot... because they actually aren't and KK have acknowledged that as well, they just won't fix them.

Brammers
05-07-05, 21:36

IMHO About the best thing anyone has said on this thread.

and i dont want monks to be deleted. i'm anti "how monks are".

Then why have you got a "No monks" sign as your Avatar?

eprodigy
05-07-05, 21:41

why do people like the game unbalanced? its proven unbalanced, KK's admitted its unbalanced, everyone SAYS its unbalanced. although I would like monks deleted my avatar does not say anything other then that I am against monks (in their current state). and a hell of a lot more then 30 people want monks fixed. you are saying that if any more then a few people agree onthe same thing that isnt what you believe then it is a bandwagon.. everyone that put this avatar up felt the way before it, it is just to show KK we demand they fix the class that ruins the game.

if my tank or pe were overpowered i would want it fixed. its pathetic. if they refused to fix the overpowered class i wouldnt play it anymore because theres no point in winning a fight if you're playing a cheap class. thats why i dont play a monk or EVER fight with a ppu.

RogerRamjet
05-07-05, 21:43
oh and most of us know exactly why the para sigs went. the person who hosted them decided to get back at KK after he quit...

It was his brother who changed it after he changed his brothers on an ultima online forum or something.

Original monk
05-07-05, 22:35
lol spermy :lol: youre funny even, clown

i aint gonna put in some points lol, i dont even think i get the exact point of this thread o.O

gonna tell you my honest opinion tough ... this thread is plain rediculous and i wonder how long this "discussion" and "antimonk" avaters will last ... it gets boring fast you see

thanx

eprodigy ... what you are saying isnt new here, people are whining about monks since day one .. thats also why KK has nerfed em 30 times allready lol, i dont have an instant solution for a fix, removing monks isnt the ideal tough, add classes ok, dont remove em :) i dont deny it would be faster then a fix tough :D

you seen the ppudiscussions also ... i dont think its easy to come up with an instant solution, good you point out the difficulty's in monkbalance for some time tough :)

Spermy
05-07-05, 22:50
lol spermy :lol: youre funny even, clown

i aint gonna put in some points lol, i dont even think i get the exact point of this thread o.O

gonna tell you my honest opinion tough ... this thread is plain rediculous and i wonder how long this "discussion" and "antimonk" avaters will last ... it gets boring fast you see

thanx

eprodigy ... what you are saying isnt new here, people are whining about monks since day one .. thats also why KK has nerfed em 30 times allready lol, i dont have an instant solution for a fix, removing monks isnt the ideal tough, add classes ok, dont remove em :) i dont deny it would be faster then a fix tough :D

you seen the ppudiscussions also ... i dont think its easy to come up with an instant solution, good you point out the difficulty's in monkbalance for some time tough :)

Thats the thing - differing views will never yield an agreement, but you aren't exactly helping matters - right, I get your point, YOU DISAGREE! It's my belief that monks as they are are a pisstake - but - and if i can find my quote I'll stick it here, if they were reworked or whatever then yes - maybe I would change my opinion.

As it is though I'm against 'em. And yer flippin smug attitude is becoming irritating.

*Rams an E-Sock down originals throat*

The threads there - if you got something productive to say - say it - if not then don't post. Likewise I'm keeping my anti monk sentiments in this thread.

Simple eh?

Original monk
05-07-05, 23:13
owyah productive !

spermy somehow "antimonk" doesnt sound productive on itself o.O

shuve youre stupid sock where the sun dont shine for all i care im off to bed, have fun whinin on monks in general, ill catch up tommorow

Spermy
05-07-05, 23:52
God fucking damnit.

Close it, I'll rewrite the thread tommorrow - in terms ANYONE can understand.

Mechanicus
06-07-05, 00:33
great, then we can re-read the exact same things ONE MORE TIME!

eprodigy
06-07-05, 00:57
the exact same VALID POINTS that are going to be repeated until KK listens and acts.

Dargeshaad
06-07-05, 01:03
the exact same VALID POINTS that are going to be repeated until KK listens and acts.
get ready to wait for a loooooooooooooooong time

Nullvoid
06-07-05, 01:15
the only point you seem to be making lately is monks take no skill and anyone who plays them sux?

eprodigy
06-07-05, 01:51
the only point you seem to be making lately is monks take no skill and anyone who plays them sux?
no. forget the amount of skill it takes to play them. they arent balanced. fix them or remove them.

Jesterthegreat
06-07-05, 07:36
It was his brother who changed it after he changed his brothers on an ultima online forum or something.

not what he said when he spoke to me a while back :p

and Brammers, if you can make me one saying "the importance of monks" which is just as clear and readable then feel free. until then i'll use a shortened one.