PDA

View Full Version : [MERGED] NEWS Update

CMaster
04-07-05, 18:00
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.neocron.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Fp%3D1835825%23post1835825&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools
Basically, they are opening two nightclubs in DoY. Also, and this was sggested a bit back - you will be able to display trophies from things you kill a lot in you apprtmnet - sounds good. Shame both the PvP server and Spell fizzle is a "we are still thinking about this" response.

Comie
04-07-05, 18:01
Allow me to be the first to say

HOLY FUCKOLA (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=126566)

well im impressed.... buuuuut im not gunna be distracted by this stopping me from proving the imbalance and bias dammit!

Nullvoid
04-07-05, 18:10
Well, first off, it's nice of them to have told us they were going to be changing runcasting :rolleyes:

Assuming they fix the problem we currently have with spell fizzle what was it they were actually trying to achieve?

edit- the trophies do sound ok however(props to whoever gets the first lil bastard trophy ^^). The nightclubs tho...given the barren wasteland DoY currently is what will make people use them? Will they be secure zones?

Nidhogg
Thread merged.

N

Demental
Looks interesting to say the least. Still eager for the PVP server tho

CMaster
04-07-05, 18:14
Hmmm, new queasts from the DoY nightclubs? Do we get some new quests in Pussy Club/Club Veronique, too?

Exioce
04-07-05, 18:18
so the run-cast issues are intentional? does this mean you need a higher proficiency with the spell to run-cast, or that you will fail more irrespective of how high your proficiency is?

enigma_b17
04-07-05, 18:22
Definately looks interesting. Im a little worried about this "toning down runcasting" as ppus couldnt run-cast holy spells anyway....so thats a little distubing. Ps i want a drom trophy, (Yes it is a dangerous mob, look its trying to attack me "badbadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadad"......it was going to attack u saw!!!!

Tratos
04-07-05, 18:23
I have to say on the content front i am impressed.

the new trophies are cool and its nice to have them added as we suggested them when furniture came into game, it would be nice if the Tiki furniture set is made purchasable also ;)

I now know what the Art Dep have been up to lately :) thanks go to them aswell.

Nice to see a teaser type thing of this sort i know it doesnt make up for the bugs and stuff but it is an improvement.

EDIT:....two clubs..... Theres only the Veronique in sector 10 i assume thats becoming the Tiki bar due to the signs on the doors, i hope the Veronique signs are replaced unless this is just a themed club from Tsunami but....where the heck is the other one going to be?

EDIT2: There is actualy an english version on the forums; http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=126566

RogerRamjet
04-07-05, 19:08
At first, i wondered why the runner had an appartment full of trophies collected from some of the hardest mobs in the game yet carried seemingly weak grenade launcher.

Then i realised...

http://usera.imagecave.com/MrLuke/Trophy.jpg

Selendor
04-07-05, 19:30
Why was this runcast nerf not posted in the patch notes?

Will points spent specifically to allow runcasting now be useless?

Is it the intention of KK to remove runcasting completely? Or give it a random chance of failure?

This whole change is a stealth attack, was not put forward in the discussions people had, and hence I am not suprised it went tits up.

Also, and I really hope I get an answer on this, if you nerfed runcasting, why is there now a server 'catch up' time that wasn't present before the patch, for when you are clicking on anything in game (doors, loot, terminals) ?

Thanks in advance.

eprodigy
04-07-05, 20:02
nerf runcast for monks only and it's a great idea..

new clubs yay another zone we will go to once and never enter again!

Nvidia
04-07-05, 20:05
What the fuck... you all complain about monks and how they need to get nerfed and die and stuff, and then you guys complain when they do it?

I mean, stealth nerfs are never nice tbh, but I care more about the sorry state this game's in with monks ruining PvP than I am stealth nerfs.

Good job KK - find a fix, and I'm sure us monk haters everywhere will be pleased. :D

By the way, good job too on the content! The trophies and the new night club look great in those screenshots. I'm looking forward to checking it all out.

EDIT: <3 for fellow monk hater lover, eprodigy. <3 + <# ;)

EDIT 2: Mind if I use your signature as well? It's sex. :)

Jesterthegreat
04-07-05, 20:20
What the fuck... you all complain about monks and how they need to get nerfed and die and stuff, and then you guys complain when they do it?

hmm... odd... all my chars cast spells, not just the monks.

they put in something that effects everyone without so much as hinting, let alone discussing... yet they leave para in.

well aware its their game... but look at the server pops these days. people leave. no where near enough join to make it up. its time to bite the bullet and actually listen to the community.

eprodigy
04-07-05, 20:25
EDIT: <3 for fellow monk hater lover, eprodigy. <3 + <# ;)

EDIT 2: Mind if I use your signature as well? It's sex. :)
<3

i just removed that sig image i thought it might be too over the top?

Jesterthegreat
04-07-05, 20:30
<3

i just removed that sig image i thought it might be too over the top?

i enjoyed it tbh.

eprodigy
04-07-05, 20:41
my dream news/patch notes

- Monks removed. Unfortunetly all players will now be required to obtain skill.

Jesterthegreat
04-07-05, 20:46
Unfortunetly all players will now be required to obtain skill.

ahahahaa... hilarity :D

Spermy
04-07-05, 21:18
One more for the anti monk parade.

Oh, how trendy do I feel? I'm part of the "in" crowd. Oh my god I'm so cool.

In all seriousness though - Monks are bum. Shall not bother discussing with the pro monkies, as the points have already been made and argued time and again, you lot have your opinions I have mine.

I just so happen to believe yours are shit.

Nidhogg
04-07-05, 21:28
Quit hijacking every thread into monk haters. Discussion of runcasting is on topic but the rest of it is off.

N

Spermy
04-07-05, 21:31
[ edited ]

Brammers
04-07-05, 21:35
Bad news is monks are here to stay, just wish the monk bashing would stop, getting fed up with a few people shouting the same message all the time.

But the trophies, can't wait to get my hands on them.

Spermy
04-07-05, 21:41
Bad news is monks are here to stay, just wish the monk bashing would stop, getting fed up with a few people shouting the same message all the time.

But the thropheys, can't wait to get my hands on them.

The trophies look sweet, I don't know why they haven't been thought of before. :cool:

A bit extra for people to do - and an E-penis extension for those with no life.

That said - I'll be hoping for a warbot one if it's out there.

Brammers
04-07-05, 21:47
I can just image all the fire mobs spots being camped, like they was when the Canyon quest came out, and you had to kill 35 Doomies.

I'm suprised the firemobs haven't been wiped out!

Flub900
04-07-05, 21:51
Quit hijacking every thread into monk haters. Discussion of runcasting is on topic but the rest of it is off.

N
Ban the ones who bitch and moan about monks on every thread. Just ban them for a few days. It will clear up the bitching about monks for sure.

Brammers
04-07-05, 21:59
Oh there better be a trophy for the most hated mob in the game - The Dragon Fly. :D

CMaster
Interesting question - the DoY clus are finally getting opened. What happened to work on the zoo?

Nullvoid
You could:

1. Remove/weaken para - something swathes of the community want.
2. Nerf foreign buffs - perhaps more controversial but guaranteed to nerf ppus current dominance of pvp.
3. Stop heals from affecting all 3 hitboxes simultaneously - all heals potentially being three times as effective as they should be...makes total sense to fix this.

Instead you mess with runcasting...need I mention I haven't heard a single person complaining about runcasting? :confused:

Jesterthegreat
04-07-05, 22:00
anyone know a taxidermist who will stuff a decayed horror for me? :D

Tratos
04-07-05, 22:05
I quite like the sound of a launcher cyclopes trophy tbh :D

LC = Coolest mob in the game, although a hover bomber trophy would be cool also.

Jesterthegreat
04-07-05, 22:12
I quite like the sound of a launcher cyclopes trophy tbh :D

LC = Coolest mob in the game, although a hover bomber trophy would be cool also.

i was planning on saying launcher... but then i thought "fuck that... i want a dinosuar!"

Seven
04-07-05, 23:59
I want the chick on the bed in my appy.
How do you win one of those? :cool:

eprodigy
05-07-05, 00:17
I want the chick on the bed in my appy.
How do you win one of those? :cool:
soldier mr jones mission

Mechanicus
05-07-05, 01:31
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?loadNews=3212&fp=1024,768,1085929281,20050704192755

Jesterthegreat
05-07-05, 01:33
didnt realise it was coming out tomorrow... but check the news thread / announcement

eprodigy
05-07-05, 01:36
suddenly they are keeping up with NC so well? wonder is this KKs doing...

edit: nc2 is also in the top45 highest rated mmorpgs on there lol (ok its number 45 with a 6.8/10 avg)

Maester Seymour
05-07-05, 01:42
The trophies look v cool indeed. Good to finally see something new like this ingame. :)

Omnituens
05-07-05, 02:19
how the fuck do you stuff the apparition?

Jesterthegreat
05-07-05, 02:23
how the fuck do you stuff the apparition?

and how many apparations would you have to kill for a trophy? 8|

Dr Strange
05-07-05, 02:28
the trophies look cool, cant wait to pick up a raptor one

but night clubs?

doy doesnt need clubs

we need wargames open, having to travel all the way to NC to use neofrag is just stupid

RogerRamjet
05-07-05, 03:12
Killerjoe91 for teh win, lolz, etc.

eprodigy
05-07-05, 03:15
we need wargames open, having to travel all the way to NC to use neofrag is just stupid
mostly everyone would use NF still anyway, as its easy for anti to access NF, but it would be very tough for pro to get to wargames, and usually its hard enough to find people for duels without limiting to one side.. would be cool if they could link them

Kozmos
05-07-05, 03:20
mostly everyone would use NF still anyway, as its easy for anti to access NF, but it would be very tough for pro to get to wargames, and usually its hard enough to find people for duels without limiting to one side.. would be cool if they could link them
if ive ran a unbuffed tank from TG sector into citycenter to GR out, im pretty sure its not that hard to get to wargames, aslong as there isnt a stupid ammount of guards inside :P

sanityislost
05-07-05, 05:07
Whoa nice work with the new trophy thingy...sex @ the person who gets a wee
crab one.

Shame about the runcast nerf but with all the monk bashing knew something
was going to happen sooner or later...still APU's will always be my fav class to
play and if it brings more balance to the game in the long run should be ok (i
hope lol)

SiL ..:..

Tostino
05-07-05, 05:46
Whoa nice work with the new trophy thingy...sex @ the person who gets a wee
crab one.

Shame about the runcast nerf but with all the monk bashing knew something
was going to happen sooner or later...still APU's will always be my fav class to
play and if it brings more balance to the game in the long run should be ok (i
hope lol)

Have you seen how suckey the nerf is? PE's and Spy's are so useless atm (not to mention monks).

Infinite
05-07-05, 06:21
Haven't played much since the patch, i can't cast heal in TH so i dont dare pvp :)

Trophy system sounds kewl but there only going to sit in my really nicely recorated apt that no1 except me can see anyway.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Clubs sound kewl but i've never been in the ones in NC except for he next epic or following ppl in in the old pp battles. Open the zoo :)

Nice to see things are getting done though so thanks for that. Shame about run casting, i hope its fixed 2morrow.

40$Poser
05-07-05, 07:32
it's ok, but I doubt that's gonna help fill up the servers

Xeno LARD
05-07-05, 10:14
At first, i wondered why the runner had an appartment full of trophies collected from some of the hardest mobs in the game yet carried seemingly weak grenade launcher.

Then i realised...

http://usera.imagecave.com/MrLuke/Trophy.jpg
Ahaha, classic. I miss KillerJoe.

And hell , i LOVE that tiki tornado thing. If its a doy only club, i'm gonna move all my characters over just to hang out there for the rest of my life. :lol:

Uh, and Kapow will come back soon if everything goes fine. :)

sultana
05-07-05, 13:45
if ive ran a unbuffed tank from TG sector into citycenter to GR out, im pretty sure its not that hard to get to wargames, aslong as there isnt a stupid ammount of guards inside :P
It's harder to get into DoY then into NC though.
Also the guards don't camp the zonelines in NC as much as they do in DoY, like half the time you do zone in DoY you will get paraed.

Major Havoc
05-07-05, 13:55
Hmmm, new queasts from the DoY nightclubs? Do we get some new quests in Pussy Club/Club Veronique, too?

Well, hopefully these new Quests will have Dome runners having to enter Anarchy Zones in the wastelands...

...fresh meat, fresh belts - who says Dome get's all the loving?

Dr Strange
05-07-05, 14:06
It's harder to get into DoY then into NC though.
Also the guards don't camp the zonelines in NC as much as they do in DoY, like half the time you do zone in DoY you will get paraed.

You're joking right?

Sure, up to say PP2-ish area, it's not as many guards near zonelines. After that it's Copbot galore, not to mention all the Screaming Horse guys. Insta para is the hurt. They are opposites of a coin; DoY is harder to get into, but you can move around virtually guard free once inside. NC is easier to get into but as you get "deeper" into the city you have more and more guards and NPC's.

RogerRamjet
05-07-05, 14:14
Kid Kapow Woooooo.

Dribble Joy
05-07-05, 14:26
Yes, remove monks, because that's the real problem isn't it :rolleyes:.
Blanketing something so arbitarily, mindlessly without thought is only going to strengthen KK's resolve not to do anything about it. The more you lot jump on this mob ruled bandwagon the less likely something is going to be done.

It's worse than the remove para sigs we had ages ago.

Nice to see trophies though :).

Riddle
05-07-05, 14:34
Trophies look great!

Probably won't see the clubs all my chars are pro city so wheres our ZOO? ;)

As for the neofrag problem, you should pick the whole dam thing up and dump it at Battledome. Then both sides can venture for PvP practice instead of two seperate locations.

Omnituens
05-07-05, 14:39
and how many apparations would you have to kill for a trophy? 8|

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/daniel_rogers1/ESB.jpg

Spermy
05-07-05, 15:09
Yes, remove monks, because that's the real problem isn't it :rolleyes:.
Blanketing something so arbitarily, mindlessly without thought is only going to strengthen KK's resolve not to do anything about it. The more you lot jump on this mob ruled bandwagon the less likely something is going to be done.

It's worse than the remove para sigs we had ages ago.

Nice to see trophies though :).

Didn't you have remove Para in yours? :D Anyhow - I'ma start a thread about this to stop the argument spilling over into other threads...

sultana
05-07-05, 16:01
You're joking right?

Sure, up to say PP2-ish area, it's not as many guards near zonelines. After that it's Copbot galore, not to mention all the Screaming Horse guys. Insta para is the hurt. They are opposites of a coin; DoY is harder to get into, but you can move around virtually guard free once inside. NC is easier to get into but as you get "deeper" into the city you have more and more guards and NPC's.
Well it depends, nearly everytime I've zoned into a non-abandoned sector in DoY, I've been parashocked.

Besides this wasn't about moving around in NC, it was getting to Neofrag as opposed to getting to Wargames.

Nc has the two secret entrances that have no procity guards around them, in fact, they have anticity guards there. You won't find pro city guards in DoY. And once you get to PP3, there no guards on your way to Neofrag 1, and none camping the lines on the way to NF 2.

sanityislost
05-07-05, 16:03
Have you seen how suckey the nerf is? PE's and Spy's are so useless atm (not to mention monks).

Na i havent been ingame in ages, comp is fucked for playing games atm :/

Capt. Rik
05-07-05, 16:04
Didn't you have remove Para in yours? :D Anyhow - I'ma start a thread about this to stop the argument spilling over into other threads...

I think he had a paintshopped "don't remove my kami" sig if i remember correctly

Morganth
05-07-05, 17:55
Looks like those trophies will give me a reason to not delete my PE, yay!

Running out of setups to try on him, might have to actually try something partially sensible in order to hunt stuff. Looks like I will have a reason to play for a little longer :)

I really hope runcasting isn't getting a nerf, because it will seriously take the piss if monks fizzle if they aren't standing perfectly still. Perhaps decrease runcastability on spells by 25% or something, not make monks standing targets whenever they are at fights. I can just imagine myself dying on my PPU, not because the enemy were good, but because KK made me into a statue with PSI capabilities.

-FN-
05-07-05, 19:00
[Brainport] Mob Trophies for DoY (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=102491)

I almost feel like I was useful in some way... o_O

Major Havoc
05-07-05, 19:00
Was on my PPU in MC5 this afternoon - before you all start foaming at the mouth I have probably am the worst PPU on Terra, I've known entire Cave Teams to reform around me in the past and get by on self cast Level 1 spells rather than share F10 with me :(

Anyway, dispite being the worst PPU, even before the last patch my Holy Heal could keep a lone APU vertical as opposed to horizontal; my Rezz was in danger of wrecking I had to use it that much - not only did my spells fizzle, they also appeared to not stick, and they didn't seem to do as well - prior to the last patch the APU I was teamed with could out-heal the guards (okay, I could out-heal the guards)...

...this time we called it a day and pissed off to hunt firemobs :eek: :confused:

numb
05-07-05, 19:02
I really hope runcasting isn't getting a nerf, because it will seriously take the piss if monks fizzle if they aren't standing perfectly still. Perhaps decrease runcastability on spells by 25% or something, not make monks standing targets whenever they are at fights. I can just imagine myself dying on my PPU, not because the enemy were good, but because KK made me into a statue with PSI capabilities.

While your PPU makes me into a statue with shooting capabilities :angel:

RogerRamjet
05-07-05, 19:07
I dont see the reason run casting needs to be nerfed. Unless the aim was to piss people off immensely.

Jesterthegreat
05-07-05, 19:18

my uncapped crahn PE ran from the crahn church in OZ through pepper park, through plaxa 3, throught plaza 2, throught plaza 1 and into CA HQ when i joined him to pro city.

solo. as a PE. before TL 10 heal.

not only do doy guards hit harder, the doy bots outside are slightly better than the sprinkling of stormbots pro city get.

oh and DJ? "para is a gank tool" :rolleyes:

:edit: btw on the new "change monks dont remove them" sig... i totally agree. its the way monks are right now that's the issue. however i would rather see no monks than how monks currently are.

Mr Kot
05-07-05, 19:21
Trophies of creature kills is all well and good, but will we ever get to hang the heads of our PK victims on our walls?? :angel:

/edit:
Ooh, that's given me an idea... make current dogtags into placable furniture. When placed they show up as a spy/monk/PE/tank head on a spike. The target box will show the runner's name, faction and rank. ;)

Jesterthegreat
05-07-05, 19:24
Ooh, that's given me an idea... make current dogtags into placable furniture. When placed they show up as a spy/monk/PE/tank head on a spike. The target box will show the runner's name, faction and rank. ;)

i'd love it... currently they are completely pointless. waste of space, waste of freee load. no one picks them up.

for the first 2 weeks of NC2 i decided to collect one of each person i kill to remember them by. i filled my custom made, cab filled TH apt in 2 weeks and thought "fuck this"

giving them a reason to get would be good.

Major Havoc
06-07-05, 12:18
I tend to stick the dogtag in the belt, so when the recently deceased get's back and get's all excited upon seeing his/her belt still on the floor, when they grab it it's not the 5 slot Libby they foolishly didn't have in Slot 1 of their QB...

...okay, so I've never hacked a 5 slot Libby, but I did hack a 3 slot Libby outside MB on Saturn...

...nothing compared to the guy who hacked my QB at Drakkhan on Saturn after the AOE from my Moonie splashed a few NPC's during an OP fight and my SL dropped to -34; I lost a 4 slot CS, 3 slot Moonie, PA, nicely slotted TL3 Heal :eek:

Erm, anyway, dogtags - weren't they introduced so Runner A could say "10K to anyone who brings me the dogtag of Runner B", that sort of thing?

btw, 11:18 GMT and still no patch, I thought the new content was being introduced ingame today :confused:

Dr Strange
06-07-05, 13:11
no one picks them up.

Well as someone that's not very "skilled" in PvP, I kept all the dogtags of people I killed (plus some of people I just hated and wanted their tag). I was proud of each one earned

Jesterthegreat
06-07-05, 13:26
Well as someone that's not very "skilled" in PvP, I kept all the dogtags of people I killed (plus some of people I just hated and wanted their tag). I was proud of each one earned

that only lasts til your apt is overflowing and they are putting you under 50 free load.

then you got the choice of dumppin em or wasting money buying a second dogtag apt :p

or becoming more and more overloaded...

Major Havoc
06-07-05, 13:51
I got about 12 dogtags on my PPU at the mo, people who had me inserted into their butt under the impression I could actually keep them alive 8|

Mechanicus
06-07-05, 14:05
what are they to remind you to do a better job next time or something?

Mr Kot
06-07-05, 14:18
btw, 11:18 GMT and still no patch, I thought the new content was being introduced ingame today :confused:

Patience, young padawan. "Today" is not over yet ;)

Brammers
06-07-05, 14:38
London gets the 2012 Olympics and the patch is here! (http://cp.neocron.com/5/patchnotes?id=120&lang=eng&)

Edit: Anyone seen this mentioned anywhere?

- The Private Security Guards that were announced on the forums have not yet been implemented because they haven't finished their training yet.

Brammers
06-07-05, 14:42
Edit: Doh!

Dargeshaad
06-07-05, 14:46
About damn time....

- X-Bow Pistol damage reduced by 20%.
- Special Forces Plasmawave damage reduced by 10%.

::edit::
Uhoh....my all out pker won't like this

- If a character goes into negative sympathy with his current faction, he still remains a member of the faction, but has to face the consequences of his bad reputation.

Major Havoc
06-07-05, 15:03
what are they to remind you to do a better job next time or something?

Reminders of all the runners I've helped level CON :D

Jesterthegreat
06-07-05, 19:15
- If a character goes into negative sympathy with his current faction, he still remains a member of the faction, but has to face the consequences of his bad reputation.

good. hopefully this will stop people gring into enemy HQ's.

hmm... i hope i logged av joe out in next / dre / cm HQ... any other HQ and he's gotta run. fast. :p