PDA

View Full Version : I Saw Bill Gates

ZoVoS
04-07-05, 07:42
YA FUCKERS I SAW BILL GATES AT LIVE8... MY LIFE IS COMPLEAT

omg everybody looked at me wierd, bill gates comes on the stage and im like WOOO YAAAA BILL GATES WOOOO everybody else just ignores him and talks amonks them selfs :D hahaha

Superbron
04-07-05, 08:01
Pink Floyd was my personal highlight of live8

ZoVoS
04-07-05, 10:34
Pink Floyd was my personal highlight of live8

i was basicaly in tears when pink floyd played. there great but thats not why i was nearly in tears, its cos i had a american bird sitting on my sholder... lol

ya pink floyed were amazin, the 2 american girls had come all the way to live8 just to see em for like 1 day, they didnt realy care much about the rest of the concert =] so when pink floyd came on we (me n bro) hoysted em on our sholders and wlaked through the croud so they could get a good look.

ahh mun pink floyed, not many ppl will get to say they seen them live mun =]

Superbron
04-07-05, 11:14
ahh mun pink floyed, not many ppl will get to say they seen them live mun =]I was very lucky to have seen them live about 10 years ago. I hope to see them live once again, but I doubt this will happen...

ZoVoS
04-07-05, 11:36
I was very lucky to have seen them live about 10 years ago. I hope to see them live once again, but I doubt this will happen...

im 18 lol this was basicaly my first (and im gessun last) chance to see em =]

i would have killed for tickets, luckely i won the txt lotterie so i didnt have to resort to it

Spermy
04-07-05, 12:47
It seems that we're missing a big point here...

No one killed Ricky Jervais.

Frown.

Heh - it was hilarious watching him bomb on stage though, the crowd was just a see of blank faces while he was on, he really did die a death out there.

Woo.

naimex
04-07-05, 12:53
I´m attempting to live a life where I never see Bill Gates live... I might just have to kill him if I did...

And then kill myself for having touched him.

RogerRamjet
04-07-05, 12:58
"Now heres something to cheer you up! Its Keane!" - Quote of the century.

Skusty
04-07-05, 13:28
And i saw G.bush on tv...

enigma_b17
04-07-05, 14:35
I would have been tempted to ask him

"so......what the fuck is with the bsod in winxp, and whats with the Network Manager in winxp taking like half an hour to get a fucking ip address??????????"

shortly afterwards i probably would ave thrown him to the crowd so they can finish him off.

ZoVoS
04-07-05, 17:58
lmao where one savidge geek would pittifuly atemp to beat him, the rest of the world just think, ohh bill gates, hes got more money than everybody here will ever have in there entier life put together for 5 or more generations :D

OMG PETER KAY WAS FUKING HILARIOUS

Xylaz
04-07-05, 19:29
YA FUCKERS I SAW BILL GATES AT LIVE8... MY LIFE IS COMPLEAT

omg everybody looked at me wierd, bill gates comes on the stage and im like WOOO YAAAA BILL GATES WOOOO everybody else just ignores him and talks amonks them selfs :D hahaha

did u kiss his footprints?

your life wont be complete without it...

;)

Odin
04-07-05, 20:32
I think the highlight of the day in Barrie was 35000 people strong boo'ing the crap out of Celine Dion.

ZoVoS
04-07-05, 22:40
I think the highlight of the day in Barrie was 35000 people strong boo'ing the crap out of Celine Dion.

lmfao i managed to inspire the croud to boo Mariah Carey

must have got atleast 100-200 ppl where i was standing to boo, and there were pockets of ppl all aorund the croud doing it, light YAY masive BOOOOO

then the bitch brought on a army of african kids and u coudlnt boo cos ud feal realy REALY guilty lol

darknessfairy
05-07-05, 20:34
and that was a highlight because Celine Dion got boo'd for helping a charity? hmmm I'm quite amazed at your mentallity here...

lmfao i managed to inspire the croud to boo Mariah Carey

must have got atleast 100-200 ppl where i was standing to boo, and there were pockets of ppl all aorund the croud doing it, light YAY masive BOOOOO

then the bitch brought on a army of african kids and u coudlnt boo cos ud feal realy REALY guilty lol
You should be ashamed of yourself tbh, you really thought that was clever? if you didn't like her music then just grin and bear it. You were given the privilage of taking part the largest musical event on earth completely for charity and you boo a singer... hmmm yeah nice one you fuckin moron! :mad:

RogerRamjet
05-07-05, 22:07
He wasnt "given" the privelige, you had to pay to get in right? Its just like booing a band at the local venue.

Dirus
05-07-05, 23:45
and that was a highlight because Celine Dion got boo'd for helping a charity? hmmm I'm quite amazed at your mentallity here...Considering she was the only one out of the all the Live8 performers to not actually bother going to the venue but doing it via satellite? Hell there was bands there that basically had to leave immediately after so they could be in a different provinces/countries to continue their tours.

Celine Dion has admitted that audiences at her Las Vegas show are often tired, drunk, sick and in some cases asleep.

darknessfairy
06-07-05, 00:01
omg - you pathetic losers - i swear you lot have no morals. she could have just said no. but she did it via satellite.

as for payment, here in the UK we only had to text in for a chance to win tickets - so you all were unlucky on that side of things - but at least you had the satisfaction of knowing that you kept a child alive another 6 months.

geez i swear you lot couldn't give a hit about anyone but yourself. the world does not end at your front door.

Dirus
06-07-05, 00:05
omg - you pathetic losers - i swear you lot have no morals. she could have just said no. but she did it via satellite.

as for payment, here in the UK we only had to text in for a chance to win tickets - so you all were unlucky on that side of things - but at least you had the satisfaction of knowing that you kept a child alive another 6 months.

geez i swear you lot couldn't give a hit about anyone but yourself. the world does not end at your front door.
Only thing we've said so far is that we dont like Celine Dion.. it has nothing to do with Live8 or why she was there, just the plain simple fact that 95% of the people at the concert could care less if she was there. Highlight of the show?.. possible, but only cuz Tom Green's humor isnt all that funny, and definately not as funny as 30k+ people showing Celine what they think of her.

If you want my view on the whole Live8 issue, you'll have to hit me up in private, cuz I'm not going to discuss politics on the forums.

darknessfairy
06-07-05, 00:09
Only thing we've said so far is that we dont like Celine Dion.. it has nothing to do with Live8 or why she was there, just the plain simple fact that 95% of the people at the concert could care less if she was there. Highlight of the show?.. possible, but only cuz Tom Green's humor isnt all that funny, and definately not as funny as 30k+ people showing Celine what they think of her.

If you want my view on the whole Live8 issue, you'll have to hit me up in private, cuz I'm not going to discuss politics on the forums.

let me guess you think its a load of old tosh and you don't see why people do this cos africa is going to be in debt forever due to corrupt politicians? it's people like you that keep africa poor.

for once if people had a little optimism this world could work...

people need to see that people want to help = let them ffs

Dirus
06-07-05, 00:17
let me guess you think its a load of old tosh and you don't see why people do this cos africa is going to be in debt forever due to corrupt politicians? it's people like you that keep africa poor.

people need to see that people want to help = let them ffsWhen did I say that? In truth you are partialy right tho mainly about the political issues in Africa, but not entirely. I don't see it as a complete load of tosh, just that other things need to be taken care of first to have any long lasting success.

People like me keep africa poor? lmao, If you knew a damn thing about me you wouldnt say that.

You're taking the fact that I dislike Celine Dion and I'm not afraid to show it, as me being against the entire Live8 idea. It has nothing to do with Live8 and everything to do with Celine herself. In my opinion she put forth a half assed effort to show her support for the entire Live8 Festival. Stop trying to twist my point of view on things to suit your own jaded outlook on the general public.

LTA
06-07-05, 00:30
when they drop them 500k bombs on us we been buying them.

THe country gets so much money but nothing seems to come of it, i am sure Bill Gates donations alone could build heights upon heights of decent quality accomodation with fresh water supplies...or good general medical facilities about the place
Or desalinsation plants along the coast to pump gallons of water onto the main land to water crop and supply the homes...

So where is the money goin?

n i agree.... celine dion is crap if people dont like something they gonna show they dont like it....

Scarus
06-07-05, 02:10

people need to see that people want to help = let them ffs
Who hasn't had their cheerios this morning?

It is not people like LUPUS.. do you know him? do you know what he does? I thought not.
Just think, if people boo who they don't like, namely Celine Dion then they may not perform for another event, the coordinaters ask a GOOD act who then comes and brings more people in their wake and raising more money.
Yes booing is a immature act in the wrong circumstances but there is no need to rant on about the morals of people who you don't even know, jesus why do you subscribe to NC if you think people don't do enough, send that money to charity instead.. Lupus did something you didnt agree with, as you said if you don't like the song someone is singing, grin and bear it.. your posts are metaphorical boo's.. shame on you!

-Scarus

ps. Bill Gates would have been someone I would stretch my neck to see, though doubt I would scream with joy :p

msdong
06-07-05, 10:28
the german event was filled pretty good, lots of cool stars performin good songs - even some singers sound pretty bad. green day performin "We Are The Champions" was fun to hear and show again that nobody can replace freddy mercury.
hope they put some stuff on a CD.

if its ok to have star shown on a video wall when i would give it a clear NO. if that was a regulary concert with tickets around 50€ this would end in a riot

ZoVoS
06-07-05, 22:57
You should be ashamed of yourself tbh, you really thought that was clever? if you didn't like her music then just grin and bear it. You were given the privilage of taking part the largest musical event on earth completely for charity and you boo a singer... hmmm yeah nice one you fuckin moron! :mad:

i do not and will never feel ashamed of my self, you realy think she gives a fuk about the drive for awarness, she cares only about forwarding her carrier, she repetitivly shoved a mike infront of one of the african kids face although we saw him phisicaly push it away 3 times before he delivered the line he had probably been forced to remeber, he was far to young to make his own desitions, she used to kids to kurb her boo's , the kids had no idea what the fuk was going on they were just paraded on the screen like sheep. i stand by my actions, plus she suks her music is crap and its my right to boo whoever i want, if what i did makes me a fuking moron then who cares :D im a self confessed fucking moron anyway :D

luvz u and everbody else who wishes to take a pop at me for my actions :D i loves everybody *kisses to all*

Spermy
06-07-05, 23:10
Alright Lets try some perspective.

A) How many of you went because of who was on?

B) How many of you went purely to do your bit for charity?

C) How many actually agree with throwing money at a problem? ( cos that's all this is)

D) How many believe issues should be resolved in the form of resources and not money.

Okay.

Point 1. - This kind of approach does not work. FACT. Money has been thrown for years and years and whats this? That dickhead Geldoff wants more? Bullshit.

What Geldoff wants is a jail sentence for his part in the rioting around Edinburgh. He was the one who encouraged the protest. You know what? A lot of the money and resources spent on securing that complete fuck up of a "peaceful" protest, and treating the injured etc etc, could have gone to his precious "Aid".

The money gets spent on what?

Wells? No.
Schools? No.
Infrastructure of any kind? No.

What then?

Dinner parties - presidential palaces, BRIBES. WEAPONS.

You want to help? Don't give em yer money. Don't listen to a twat like Bob Geldoff. Go over there.

BUILD A FUCKING WELL.

BUILD A SCHOOL.

As for the performers.

The majority of them? Care? Did they fuck. Did they fuck give a shit about what was going on. This was the biggest musical event in a long time. Robbie williams - key example - he's been in the studio - he's not performed in two years before that. Can someone say relaunch? I can.

Ricky jervais.

Nuff said.

There are but a few examples who genuinely cared.

So both sides of the coin can take this statement and shove it up thier arses.

Yer both wrong

People don't care. and money? It doesn't help.

Fuck Geldoff

Fuck Live8

You want to help - get over there and do it yourself.

You don't care. Or you'd be there. All you have is a concern.

ZoVoS
06-07-05, 23:37
i dont give a fuk about throwing money at em. it just dont work, but then i dont agree they should have to pay us shit loads due to 80's inflation, cancel there debt and then let them get on with it them selfs :angel: cos to be fair we are draining a mass of there cash away

pink floyd simple as, first and probably last time they will play again,,, ever..... EVER. if they wernt there id prolly have sold the ticket

that dam sexi american girl sittin on me sholders(it hurt so bad) for pink floyed payed 500 quid for her ticket not including plane and hotel fair JUST to see pink floyd... she didnt seem to hyped for the rest of the concert with probably the exception of the killers and left right after pinkfloyd was on.

i care about africa but i care more about over here, i was in london, left my lil sacturay of wales, saw 9 ppl sleeping on the streets 9 FUKING PPL, we didnt even walk far, and non of em were like me sleeping rought cos live8, these ppl had boxes and a spot and oviously had slept there many times before... i care more about the ppl here that are in need of houses and shit rather than people in africa that shoudlnt even have been born, sorry but thats my view, you dont like it, then sell your house move into a cheap arse flat sell your computer and give the africans the cash, i my self look after number one first, the ppl around me second, and if i have some time free ill worry about the 3rd world =]

Spermy
06-07-05, 23:45
And that's how it should be.

Personally yeah - I don't give a crap. I don't care. Period. But I can't stand to see people whining about others not caring. We get one life. And as far as I'm concerned - yeah - number 1 is what matters, sorry people - but if I'm happy, then thats all that matters and to hell with it.

I used to donate to mencap and the red cross when I used to be able to afford it, i don't now. Because I can't. Does that make me a bad person? Well, I don't care.

To be honest - It's not like I'll sit there and say - okay - fine - take everything i have - as long as some kid on the other side of the planet gets a meal. Fuck it. Take my house and my car - everything you want. Just make sure little marvin eats tonight okay?

I help as much as I can, but I'm not going to screw myself over, because if I ever needed help - it's not like anyone would do the same for me is it?

ZoVoS
07-07-05, 00:35
*nods @ spermy*
thats all that has to be said tbh

nobby
09-07-05, 03:42
ah well...

On oxfam ...

I brought a couple of goats and 5x School meals to feed 100 kids in a year...

I've done my bit :p :) :p

nobby
09-07-05, 03:47
Alright Lets try some perspective.

B) How many of you went purely to do your bit for charity?

C) How many actually agree with throwing money at a problem? ( cos that's all this is)

D) How many believe issues should be resolved in the form of resources and not money.

Okay.

Point 1. - This kind of approach does not work. FACT. Money has been thrown for years and years and whats this? That dickhead Geldoff wants more? Bullshit.

What Geldoff wants is a jail sentence for his part in the rioting around Edinburgh. He was the one who encouraged the protest. You know what? A lot of the money and resources spent on securing that complete fuck up of a "peaceful" protest, and treating the injured etc etc, could have gone to his precious "Aid".

The money gets spent on what?

Wells? No.
Schools? No.
Infrastructure of any kind? No.

What then?

Dinner parties - presidential palaces, BRIBES. WEAPONS.

You want to help? Don't give em yer money. Don't listen to a twat like Bob Geldoff. Go over there.

BUILD A FUCKING WELL.

BUILD A SCHOOL.

As for the performers.

The majority of them? Care? Did they fuck. Did they fuck give a shit about what was going on. This was the biggest musical event in a long time. Robbie williams - key example - he's been in the studio - he's not performed in two years before that. Can someone say relaunch? I can.

Ricky jervais.

Nuff said.

There are but a few examples who genuinely cared.

So both sides of the coin can take this statement and shove it up thier arses.

Yer both wrong

People don't care. and money? It doesn't help.

Fuck Geldoff

Fuck Live8

You want to help - get over there and do it yourself.

You don't care. Or you'd be there. All you have is a concern.

Well that's harsh, but true...

I could well be going to Malowi with my school next year to help build classrooms :)

My school does events to raise money for "Africa Link" then it's all gathered up to pay for supplies while we're there then we have to raise our own money for the plane trip there.

So Spermy, I WILL be doing MY part next year :)

A;ready done my part this year with the goats n' stuff :p

Xiphias
10-07-05, 01:03
when each of those artists give maybe half of their millions to charity thats when i'll be interested.
I mean, how much is Paul Macartney worth? about half a billion? Am also told that Bill Gates was also there? how much is he worth?
Live8 is farce and a slap in the face, all these artists are doing is trying to get some publicity, getting possibly a fraction of the wealth they have between them to give to charity is just a bonus.

ZoVoS
10-07-05, 01:55
bill gates gave shit loads, and hey when billi boy retieres/dies he is leaving each of his kids a million and the rest is going to charity

LTA
10-07-05, 15:25
Am also told that Bill Gates was also there? how much is he worth?

Bill Gates does a feckin lot for charity so have to cut him some slack, he gives more than most and i am sure him n his wife run there own organisation thing for charities i know some people some were saying that he'd gave billions to charity.

The live8 artists give some but probs no where near what they could give, they will get huge publicity thumbs "aww hes doing it for africa aint he nice i will buy his cd" and of course not to mention when they start realising them Live8 song albums n cds... even more publicity.
Sure there will be a robbie relaunch in the pipe line etc

Nidhogg
10-07-05, 16:00
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has given $7,486,247,357 in grants since its inception and the charity has a total endowment of almost 29 billion dollars. Count them digits.

N

ZoVoS
10-07-05, 16:58
... shiiiiiiiiiiiit