PDA

View Full Version : Items Lost - Support don't care ...?

Neally
02-07-05, 14:00
Hello,

I'm a Pandore/Mars/Terra player (some peeps of Terra may remember Neal from Pluto ^^). On the 1st July i was doing XP on Mars, with my brother (PPU/APU) with my so ooooold Pluto's PPU ^_^.

I just heard the day before that PSI Casts had problems, so, i didn't really wonder why my casts were so shit while doing XP. Well, the problem is, they were a bit too shit...I knew Casts had problems, but, so much ? no, it wouldn't be possible, so, i just take a look at my shelter by accident, and there is what i can read of it : "Good Holy Shelter, slots free: 1", then i was like wtf (my shelter was 5 slots and ultimated, that the most rich guy of Pluto gave to me on NC1 ^^ sex Spike)

Then i wonder if the same happened to my Holy heal, since it was really difficult to cast too, and yeah, there is what i can read of it : "Good Holy Heal", both spells having 60% : wew !!! onoz, problems begins, and i didn't really played on mars lately, so i'm short in money and spells, those stuffs were the only i had.

Then i decide to send a first mail to : support@neocron.com and this is the answer i get from them >>

Hi Det,

The team is looking into the bug however without item tracking we cannot track which users are affected without everyone buying up that version to try and exchange for a 5 slot.

If the team cannot locate and fix/reverse the bug the support policies on item replacements will still stand.

http://cp.neocron.com/8/suppolicies

1. Loss of in-game items
The loss of items will not normally be compensated. The sole exception will be when Reakktor Media GmbH or the Neocron Support Team have provided prior notification of issues affecting the game servers, in which case backups of characters may be restored. Direct compensation of items or in-game currency is not permitted.

With kind regards,

Warren Ferguson, Community Support

R E A K K T O R . C O M
A Division of 10tacle Studios AG

Walderseestr. 30
30177 Hannover
Germany, EUROPE

I'm ok with it, it could just be myself trying to steal stuffs off Reakktor, and i can understand they don't trust this...so they can't give me any stuffs back.

ps : on this answer, the Support don't talk about any rollback of the char.

Then i decide to go to Mars myself, and call for a ticket support here (i cba to wait with mails :d) There, i meet Mokoi, a very cool GM, he's interested about my problem on Mars, and he says to me that i should not whrite to support@neocron.com but to directly try : helpdesk@neocron.DE and also that the mail should be written in german.

So, i whrite a mail in english, and get it translated by a clanmate (thx Qwaaas who took time to do it) and then i send it to that other support mail, here is the reply :

Hallo Jéjé Det,

I'm sorry to say that the item tracking isnt working actually, so that our
supportcrew isnt allowed to compensate anykind of itemloss which we cant proof.

If you likte you can use the english support crew (helpdesk@neocron.com) too,
for problems with characters on the german servers.

with best regards,

Stephan Bast, Community Support

R E A K K T O R . C O M

Walderseestr. 30
30177 Hannover
Germany, EUROPE

This reply just says the same as the last one, so all the things Mokoi said (this include there could be a rollback) isn't true, and this support isn't really helping me more than the last one. This support mail say that i could try to contact : helpdesk@neocron.COM if i have problems with my chars, EVEN if those chars are in a german server. I whrite a 3RD mail to the support. Here is the reply of it :

Hi Jéjé Det,

No a rollback is 'not' possible. What was stated prior were the only options. Also writing multiple places will only causes a delay to others. Please do not do this again.

With kind regards,

Warren Ferguson, Community Support

R E A K K T O R . C O M

Walderseestr. 30
30177 Hannover
Germany, EUROPE

This time the question of a possible rollback got aborded, and it's still 'not' possible, not being put between '' because, yes, it is, but i can't proof those items were both 5 slots. I can't proof.....but i sent screenshots of the new Shelter/Heal i have, i attached them to the post. SO i wonder how can they explain i own 60% stats items with 120/120 condition ? that's such not possible ? even if i'd let them CST'ed by a shit const, their condition wouldn't be 120 as far as i know...and i couldn't buy those off the Crahn smuggler, since the holy buffs he sells are 70% condition...

So i lost my stuffs and now what ? i know i'm jsut crying for 2 littles items without any importances, but, now, can i continue to play NC ? how much items will i lose next ?

Note : the support didn't even apologize, they don't care or what ???...

Source :

http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9166
http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9167

Edit : sorry for my bad english ^_-

Mighty Max
02-07-05, 14:09

Neally
02-07-05, 14:11

Are there rules which explains why in everytime you log your stuffs might turn into 60% stats without slots ? .....SO it's normal for you if you'd log on your char and find shit stuffs, just because it specified on the rules....ok....loool

Mighty Max
02-07-05, 14:20
Does that really matter?

Fact is that happened, so what? Suicide?

Just wanted to show you that it was not espacially you that you did not get a replacement, its just the way.

*shruggs* i don't know why i should be interested into your PRIVATE mails with support

RogerRamjet
02-07-05, 14:20
Good job theyve just put item tracking in eyyy...

Neally
02-07-05, 14:23
Does that really matter?

Fact is that happened, so what? Suicide?

Just wanted to show you that it was not espacially you that you did not get a replacement, its just the way.

*shruggs* i don't know why i should be interested into your PRIVATE mails with support
THen don't read the thread ? i know it' snot especially ME, it's for like a lot of people, but this isn't normal, and this isn't normal for everyone. Maybe it didn't happen to you yet, about myself i feel really bad when i see things like that..And then if it happened for more ppl, they'll just react here...and give their opinion about how the support really helped them.

Dr Strange
02-07-05, 14:25
There are rules that explain item changes or at least, item loss.

While the new Item Tracking system was just implemented, theres no official notes on how far back it can track, and if you had to venture a guess I'd say once it was turned on it then tracks from there on it, and not old characters whom had been transfered from NC1.

Even with proof that items were of a certain quality and stats, Reakktor states in their policies they are not liable for such things. While Item Tracking now helps prevent some issues, some are going to be unsolveable.

It sucks, I know. We've all lost or had an item disappear or change it's stats, you just gotta grin and bear it. Worst case you grind some more cash, or hunt more parts, and remake those items.

Neally
02-07-05, 14:30
It sucks, I know. We've all lost or had an item disappear or change it's stats, you just gotta grin and bear it. Worst case you grind some more cash, or hunt more parts, and remake those items.

I've understood after the first sec of that i lost those items that i'd have to built them again, but, you know, i wanna do something else in neocron than to log a cster, build 200 holy shelters, hunt for ultimas, and build shits again

Nullvoid
02-07-05, 14:31
As far as things go, re-obtaining 5 slotted ultimated holy spells is somewhat of a hassle(I should think getting mc5 chips is easier, more expensive yes, but easier). Throw in the fact that he didn't lose them in a belt but by some weird warping of the item db and you don't have much of a recipe for happiness.

Jesterthegreat
02-07-05, 14:38
babelfished from german com talk a while back...

Statement to the changed Spells and to the Itemtracking
Until the Itemtracking is completely implemented in coming weeks, the support cannot unfortunately replace articles for long-known reasons. The error with some players some Spellmodule changed, on Friday was repaired. Since it concerned however only a relatively small portion of the population, a general roll-bake rejected.

Naturally is clear us that it is not beautiful to lose articles. It should repair however in the coming weeks owing to Itemtracking no more problem its lost or verbuggte articles. Unfortunately it for the sayings verbuggten now will not be possible.

Dr Strange
02-07-05, 14:42
As far as things go, re-obtaining 5 slotted ultimated holy spells is somewhat of a hassle(I should think getting mc5 chips is easier, more expensive yes, but easier). Throw in the fact that he didn't lose them in a belt but by some weird warping of the item db and you don't have much of a recipe for happiness.

Yea but it's Neocron. I don't mean to sound overly negative, but like, you just gotta accept that these days. You know how many Gliders I've lost that have, touched a blade of grass? Or how many times I've gotta a permasynch in the middle of a fight? Or lose a much needed rare part cause it showed up in my inventory as a weapon part 2 (which I tossed away)?

It sucks, yea. It definitely is a recipe for unhappiness when it happens, once, twice, or many times. But it's Neocron. I've played this game barely one year, and by now I've already accepted there are just some issues we players have to deal with and hope for the best.

The day I start raving and ranting about losing a 5 slot ultimated rare weapon, is the day I'll realize how stupid that sounds in retrospect and quit. Cause on that day if I can't force myself to stop and think "its ok, it's just Neocron and a bug/issue/problem" then it's a day I need to stop playing.

Besides, whats the worst he has to do? Get BP's, get parts and chems, build them. If you're like me and lazy, shell out cash to a resser, get him to do the grunt work. Hire a barterer to break even on parts cost, and the cst is the quicker of them all so you're only really out of time on the building aspect. It's not like he'll be missing some epic battle or anything, mobs will always respawn, rares will always be around to be hunted and any op/pvp fight can be done at a different time in the future (population at the time depending).

Jesterthegreat
02-07-05, 14:44
it sucks, but you got a choice.

1. deal with it and move on

2. quit

Dr Strange
02-07-05, 14:45
One other thing, actually two:

A, if this ever happens to you (thread starter) on Terra, let me know, I'll compensate you myself for it, I've got more money than I need, and it'd save us all some time if you just sit for 10 minutes in the Trade channels and buy what you want.

B, if this happened on Mars, why are you posting it here? I realize Terra's support language is English, which may or may not be your personal primary language, but the Mars forum would be best. There are actually quite a few people that speak English there I'm sure someone wouldn't mind translating for you so you can get help from the Mars support staff.

Dr Strange
02-07-05, 14:45
it sucks, but you got a choice.

1. deal with it and move on

2. quit

i gotta learn to post like that, simple quick and straight to the chase ;)

Neally
02-07-05, 14:51
Like i said, i just know the stuffs i lost are gone foreva, the question is, how much time will we lose items for ? Wasn't really a long time ago i saw a friend getting killed and then all his imps dropped on the floor when he respawned, he losts his mc5? and also lost weapons o_O

So what ? item looses are like HIV ? you can't do anyhting against it ? THIS is a problem, and it's mean to get resolved, and some excuses to the incoveniance whrote in a mail NEVER KILLED anyone.

Jesterthegreat
02-07-05, 14:51
i gotta learn to post like that, simple quick and straight to the chase ;)

i wouldnt bother... takes thousands of posts to learn not to type crap.

and lets be honest i fail that alot :p

Jesterthegreat
02-07-05, 14:55
Like i said, i just know the stuffs i lost are gone foreva, the question is, how much time will we lose items for ? Wasn't really a long time ago i saw a friend getting killed and then all his imps dropped on the floor when he respawned, he losts his mc5? and also lost weapons o_O

So what ? item looses are like HIV ? you can't do anyhting against it ? THIS is a problem, and it's mean to get resolved, and some excuses to the incoveniance whrote in a mail NEVER KILLED anyone.

stuff from inv drops if you are heavily overloaded when you die (SI kicking in lowers your max load, bringing you closed to so loaded you drop stuff).

as for item losses? its hardly rare. but we are stuck with it for now. apparently progress is being made with item tracking (for what they actually are going to track). however tracking a vien ripper, but not a DS part seems moronic to me...

Dr Strange
02-07-05, 15:01

Shit happens.

Trust me, I've been in your shoes. Tons of us have. It sucks, it flat out completely sucks.

Wanna get some perspective? Don't boot up Neocron for at least 24 hours. Seriously. If you feel the need to do something online in those 24 hours, go play some popcap.com flash games (some are quite addictive and can keep you occupied for an hour here and there). Tune into shoutcast.com for some internet radio or talk shows, etc

Point being, after 24 hours, you will have cooled off some. You'll be more at terms with the fact that you are playing Neocron. Shit happens in Neocron. Stupid shit can happen in Neocron, that shouldn't. Is it right? No. But the sooner you sit back for a while and just accept it, the quicker you'll be back to having fun and enjoying what you can out of the game.

As Jester said two options;

deal with it

or uninstall

Neally
02-07-05, 15:15
Shit happens.

Trust me, I've been in your shoes. Tons of us have. It sucks, it flat out completely sucks.

Wanna get some perspective? Don't boot up Neocron for at least 24 hours. Seriously. If you feel the need to do something online in those 24 hours, go play some popcap.com flash games (some are quite addictive and can keep you occupied for an hour here and there). Tune into shoutcast.com for some internet radio or talk shows, etc

Point being, after 24 hours, you will have cooled off some. You'll be more at terms with the fact that you are playing Neocron. Shit happens in Neocron. Stupid shit can happen in Neocron, that shouldn't. Is it right? No. But the sooner you sit back for a while and just accept it, the quicker you'll be back to having fun and enjoying what you can out of the game.

deal with it

or uninstall

pffff, i can't even visit p0rn gays websites :(

That's what about this thread, it's boring, it's boring cuz if i wouldn't really like playing neocron, i'd have left without any words on the forum

edit : ima keep my sig on, it's funny :p

Nidhogg
02-07-05, 15:15
Until item tracking is in (it's being debugged atm) there's nothing that can be done, I'm afraid. Regardless of the language or server the policies are the same so there's nothing to be gained by emailing twice. Mokoi probably suggested you email helpdesk.de because you were on Mars at the time - GMs don't have visibility of helpdesk emails, only in-game help tickets.

N

Neally
02-07-05, 15:18
Until item tracking is in (it's in the last stages of debugging) there's nothing that can be done, I'm afraid. Regardless of the language or server the policies are the same so there's nothing to be gained by emailing twice. Mokoi probably suggested you email helpdesk.de because you were on Mars at the time - GMs don't have visibility of helpdesk emails, only in-game help tickets.

N
I've clearly said to Mokoi how i used to proceed for the problem,a dn that's what he told me to do, so, shouldn't he just told me to continue to proceed with my problem with support@neocron.com ? ?Ö.ö?

Anyway i aint doing bad comments about this guy, he really tried to find a solution for me and i appreciated his support.

Jesterthegreat
02-07-05, 15:34
many moons ago a pker said to a whiner "if the worst thing that happened to you today is that you died in a computer game, it's been a very good day".

point is... while its annoying... its still just a game

Asatru
02-07-05, 18:14
http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9166
http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9167

Edit : sorry for my bad english ^_- What i find interesting, about item traking and the 120/120 condition, the spells u had before they changed to the current ones, the new changed shitty spells all of a sudden have item traking number, i bet your old oned didnt have one , they should be able to look at the item traking number and find out with what ever info the item traking number has when the the itme was bought/or where they came from and look at your char and look when u logged on to see if the correspond on time/dates,
u said u havnt logged you char in a while then u last loggon date should show and i bet if they look at the id number they will show the bought/inseption date when they patched the server .

Infinite
02-07-05, 22:10
THats retarded... lame .. so so so lame. They wonder why ppl leave b/c of bugs... gay so gay. It obvious you arn't making it up b/c of the 60% 120/120 spells as u say so if they had ANY common sense they would do something. [ edited ]

eprodigy
03-07-05, 01:12
dont play a monk? problem solved

Dargeshaad
03-07-05, 17:02
dont play a monk? problem solved
My thought exactly! :lol:

eprodigy
03-07-05, 18:43
My thought exactly! :lol:
damn i need to work for KK support

Kozmos
03-07-05, 20:08
many moons ago a pker said to a whiner "if the worst thing that happened to you today is that you died in a computer game, it's been a very good day".

point is... while its annoying... its still just a game
I remember back in beta2 some guy saying "'If I havent died atleast 10 times in a day, then its been a shit day" :lol:

Spoek Hagbard
04-07-05, 17:12
Hello,

(my shelter was 5 slots and ultimated, that the most rich guy of Pluto gave to me on NC1 ^^ sex Spike)

Wrong nick but sex 2 you 2 <3

Neally
04-07-05, 17:32
Wrong nick but sex 2 you 2 <3

Getting a new holy shelter, not a problem, but, no, noooooo, it was spoekhagbard shelter, he gave me it before he leaves *cries*

This Holy Shelter.....i'll miss forever :(

Spoek Hagbard
04-07-05, 17:36
Pay for my acct and I can make you a new one and leave again? ;)

Neally
04-07-05, 18:58
Shit happens.

deal with it

or uninstall

04/07/2005 : I played some kewl flash stuffs, ok, i lost a shelt, and a heal, well, it's not like it's the end, so, i log into Pandore on my APU

I had a DS on my inv, and it's gone, like my whole belt, contains HL.

Pandore ? it's np to loose stuffs there, no ppl, but i won't say anything, it's NORMAL.

I go to Terra, i want to do a crosstrade, a DS on Terra FOR a DS on Mars, i trade mine first, because i still BELIEVE the community is honest, then the guy like a tard say to me "ololol i got your DS".....

So.......Am i gone for a new flash game again....? You can't fucking do trade even now, ebcause some wankers just ruin the game ...? So i also have to start steal ppl, and be a prick ..? hmm......

ps : i won't contact support for now, then, cuz, it's useless.....it's normal, so NORMAL

Nidhogg
04-07-05, 19:30
Trading items across servers with people you don't know is not a good idea. There is absolutely no game mechanic to protect you in this case so you trade at your own risk.

N

Neally
04-07-05, 19:31
Ya, so, i'll be leet too, and stela as much ppl as i can, and also, can explain something about the belt ? or ..?

one day i'll just be bored to loose my stuffs...:(

ps : i dunno why the attachements got removed...they were correct, and showing for every traders of Terra the name of a guy who is really NOT HONEST.

PS : do i really have choice to do crosstrade ? have you alreayd played on a 2% french server? really.....looooooooool

why don't we give that guy an award, and another DS..lool

Note : i wouldn't do crosstrades if the support would help me with that stuff, cuz, i don't know what can we do on a 2%, i don't know myself.....so i HAD to do crosstrades, and.....don't say to me plz it's still not possible to help player with that, it's enough lies for now lol

Jesterthegreat
04-07-05, 19:32
heh i gotta agree with nid here. its like buying things from ebay then bitching at KK when its not what you thought :p

Nidhogg
04-07-05, 19:43
As I said, cross-server trades are performed at your own risk because we do not support the transfer of characters or items from one server to another. Our advice would be to re-acquire the item on the other server. The screengrabs were removed for the reason I stated in the edit.

If you want to give the guy a hard time for being a thief you may do so in-game but not on the forums.

N

Flub900
04-07-05, 21:38
[ edited ]

Neally
05-07-05, 19:45
Also, maybe i'm really stupid to believe people, but also, isn't it stupid to see the same guy who stole me stuffs to spam the trace-nc for inter-trades all the day long to steal and steal again ...? i dunno, it's boring.

EDITED

Jesterthegreat
05-07-05, 19:54
ironic thing is... to punish someone who broke no rules you break the rules yourself ("naming and shaming" on the forums = harassment)

Neally
05-07-05, 20:42
ironic thing is... to punish someone who broke no rules you break the rules yourself ("naming and shaming" on the forums = harassment)

Yeah edited it, but still, i come ig, and the guy keeps spamming the trade-nc to steal stuffs, ya, that's normal, but, the famous rules, say that i have tu support stupid guy? :(

Skeet
05-07-05, 20:47
Hope you get your shit back

skeet skeet

Jesterthegreat
05-07-05, 20:51
saying over OOC isnt against the rules (be sure not to spam trade with off topic stuff)