PDA

View Full Version : New Chat Functions

Tratos
02-07-05, 11:16
Something that came to me last night when i was at the MB Bunker on my lil spy and having to change from team, to local, to buddy, to faction and to the help channel pretty quickly, having to stop everytime to either open F1 or the RPOS to click the channel skip at the bottom of the chat window...

Im aware you can also hit alt+c (or something similar) and it does the same as the button at the bottom of chat but i think this would be a prefered method.

When your typing something it would be pretty nice to be able to type that message in any channel but to have it be posted in the channel you want type something like "/direct hey how much you wanting for it?" or "/d hey how much you wanting for it?" and it would switch you over to and post this message to who ever you had on direct, also if you simple typed "/d" or "/direct" it would switch you to that channel...

Codes could be made for each channel so you could swtich just by typing, yes this idea pretty much came from WoW as they use numbered channels and for fast typers it really is a quicker and more efficient way of changin channels without having to faff about with opening the RPOS or scrolling through every channel as the one you want to be in is above the one your using.

So what do you think? Yay or teh Nay?

Sakletare
02-07-05, 11:29
But... you allready can type /d [blah blah message here blah blah] for direct, /c [blah blah message here blah blah] for clan etc. :confused:

Mighty Max
02-07-05, 12:00
exactly,

on top of that
ALT+D = reply to last direct
+direct xyz = sets xyz as the new direct chat target.

Tratos
02-07-05, 19:09
Infact just close please, i shall slink off in a noobish manner, lol

eprodigy
02-07-05, 19:35
well lets make it a redo buddy list.. the buddy list sucks!! would be nice is a sort of messenger type where you click a name to messege that person and it shows next to the name offline or online.

i love the half conversations that i get with buddy lists...

Tratos
02-07-05, 19:37
well lets make it a redo buddy list.. the buddy list sucks!! would be nice is a sort of messenger type where you click a name to messege that person and it shows next to the name offline or online.

i love the half conversations that i get with buddy lists...
I agree the buddy list could do with an offline/online function

CMaster
02-07-05, 20:20
Or the fact that Buddy chat doesnt work. I've had at least one friend where we only get about 50% of each others messages in buddy.

Infinite
02-07-05, 22:12
It would be nice to be able to flick through custom channels with a short cut. I've often wanted to say something on trade and have 90% of my ammo left on a drone and have to wait ages to say something. Often to late.

msdong
02-07-05, 23:03
hmm, but they should really set shortcuts for the custom channels.
/a alliance
/o ooc
/h help
/1-x for the trade - help channels