PDA

View Full Version : Scamming and Policies

imper1um
01-07-05, 06:50
(WITHOUT NAMING ANY NAMES)
Scamming is extremely lame and is not a RP aspect when the process involved involves an exploit (without saying the process, GMs please DM me if you would like the process), which degrades the game, or using false advertisement to scam. Other games make this a warnable, 2nd try bannable, 3rd try permaban offense because it extremely degrades the player base if they are allowed to do it.

Now, on the flip side, yes, some scamming is RP and AOK, such as saying that you're selling a MOVEON for 15 mil. That's AOK, I don't mind that. It's the exploiting that will extremely degrade the game and prevent players from getting an enjoyable experience.

Fafhrd
01-07-05, 09:28
Quoting only the important part:

.... when the process involved involves an exploit....

exploit = to be punished

amount of punishment has to be decided on kk's side.

simple.

[TgR]KILLER
01-07-05, 09:56
uhm exploits@neocron.com ?

tbh you can't discuss exploits on the forum and since your talking scamming trough exploiting your doing just that.

Terayon
01-07-05, 09:58
The exploit i think you are talking about should have been fixed years ago. No idea why its still ingame. [ edited ]

eprodigy
01-07-05, 11:16
do you mean an actual exploit or... for removing a zero or swapping an imp to trick someone, or trading someone who just got poked to get them to give you the tip etc that stuff is all fair and good.

if its abusing bugs then no, of course its not allowed its ALREADY would be counted an exploit and be bannable so therefore your post isnt needed? (would be the first post of yours that WAS ;))

Riddle
01-07-05, 11:37
Bannable my arse i reported a person for using this trade bug in the all to familiar belt hack rob.

Not an exploit not an offense was told to lock trade in future which i now do ;)

Aslo hate this shit of late, wanna buy a DS for 8 Mil?
You look then they swop and you trade for another chip. Seen this spamming on trade getting a bit heated personally i don't agree with it and if you wanna hide behindthe excuse
I'm a roleplay thief and KK let you get away with it then fine but doesn't mean its right.

Nidhogg
01-07-05, 12:16
If it involves the use of an exploit then of course it's against the rules and people should be punished; it's a moot point. However, your definition of exploit may not be the same as ours and it's our decision that counts. Swapping the item for something worthless that looks the same is not an exploit because the other party is forced to re-accept the terms of the deal.

imper1um, PM me the details and I'll check it out with Carbonite. Under no circumstances should any more discussion about exploits take place - that includes giving subtle hints to see if you're both thinking the same thing.

I'll leave this thread open for you to discuss whether scammers should be punished or not.

N

Clobber
01-07-05, 12:41
Well if they are using a actual exploit then yeah ban ban them. But swapping stuff around knocking a 0 off etc then no.

Aslo hate this shit of late, wanna buy a DS for 8 Mil? You look then they swop and you trade for another chip. Seen this spamming on trade getting a bit heated personally i don't agree with it and if you wanna hide behindthe excuse
I'm a roleplay thief and KK let you get away with it then fine but doesn't mean its right.

I personally find people like you who would probably whine on trade about it more annoying and off puttin than any scammer. Its simple retards get scammed....did you get scammed ?

Riddle
01-07-05, 14:00
Well if they are using a actual exploit then yeah ban ban them. But swapping stuff around knocking a 0 off etc then no.

I personally find people like you who would probably whine on trade about it more annoying and off puttin than any scammer. Its simple retards get scammed....did you get scammed ?

Clobber, the refererence of me being a retard is a bit close to the mark! Lets try keep flaming me outta this huh?

No i have never fell for a scam, however as described i fell for what i considered an exploit KK did not.

Well on the matter of scams,blags,thieveing we can agree to disagree - I never whine on trade about shit. I'm just hearing too many whines lately, Kinda pisses me off. The odd blag fine by me, someone losses a couple of k maybe even 100k but to lose 8mil+ would piss anyone off lol.

Must make them sick they fell for it :lol:

Nullvoid
01-07-05, 14:29
never reclick ready until you checked what you are trading for is the item u wanted?

afk2p
01-07-05, 15:10
^^

otherwise your gulibility will be exploited

Brammers
01-07-05, 16:45
I heard from another player being scammed the other day. She paid 8 million for a DS, only to get a PSI Defensive 3 chip instead, depsite checking the item several times before the final ok. :wtf: If this was a result of an exploit, then definatly ban them.

RP Scamming, such as pretending to be a repairer, taking the item and then running off is well within the game rules.

imper1um
01-07-05, 17:35
OK, no talking about exploits. Like I said, no naming the process, just worrying about this. Other games have policies against EXTREME Scammers, or false advertisement, since new players in the game have no idea what's going on. Believe me when I say, if Eq didn't put these rules in within 3 days of Open Beta, that game would have never became popular. Scamming ran rampant on the 2nd day of the game, where players would setup shop and host their false advertisements. Everyone did it.

Now, there were some kinds of scamming that is legal, RP, and was not a bannable offense from Everquest. Selling a +1 Sword for 400% it's cost, that wasn't really extreme. However, these players would sell a +1 Sword for 30+ times it's cost, netting them a nice 3000% profit from new players that just got enough cash to do it. Although, once these policies were put in, it wasn't really the high sellers we worried about too much. It was the players that would put this up:

SELLING SOUL ARROWS 10ea!

Whilst if you checked their shop, it said:

Soul Arrows - 99999
Buying - 1ea

A new player would go up to the shop, open it up see the ad and see how many arrows the player would have and they wouldn't miss the zero on it. New players are dumb, they wouldn't see the Buying next to the price. They would have 100 soul arrows in their inventory and the scammer would get 100 Soul Arrows for 1% of their actual cost. After that, the new player would leave, leaving the company with less cash.

Now, in NC, I know that DS is for the higher player, but let's think about this for a little while. Let's say a player comes off of the street and finds Neocron. He parties with a group and finally gets enough parts for a Herc, PPChip, and MOVEON. Now, up to this time, he's felt pretty confident when trading, I mean, after all, MOST players are pretty honest in this game (unlike other games). So he sells the whole getup plus about 6 mil of his hard earned cash to this one dude (no names are mentioned), which scams him (not naming the process) and he ends up with almost nil cash, no Herc, no PPChip, no Moveon and a crappy implant. What do you think this player is going to do?

This player is obviously going to rant, rave, then deinstall the game and give bad reviews to his friends. This ends up that not only has KK lost his support of cash, but also his friend billy that was thinking about it, but also Billy's friend that billy was talking to that thought he might join, and also the other people that he used to give raving reviews to.

I'm not thinking from a in-game aspect. Us seasoned veterans would probably get pissed, but move on. But, this dude who hasn't been in the game too long will send out a wave of devastation instead of a wave of new players. KK, I'm thinking about your guys paychecks when I'm talking about punishing scammers. Now, would you rather have more players and more cash than less players and bad reviews?

Jesterthegreat
01-07-05, 19:36
the games carebear enough.

:edit: voted "Yes, just skip warn and go to Permaban." as long as it is actually exploiting... not just scamming.

Conduit
01-07-05, 19:43
That's a well reasoned and very logical post, Imper1um. KK need to try to retain every single newbie that joins the game ATM.
However, unfortunately I think that you're banging your head against a very big wall :(

imper1um
01-07-05, 20:37
Although a carebare philosophy shouldn't be followed, I also believe that a philosophy that permits too much is the downfall of every game. See, here's the picture, if we get one newbie into the game and he has a mostly enjoyable experience, then he tells his best friends, let's say he has two. Those two tell their other two, and so on and so on and so on. Eventally, it develops exponentially to a semi-good game.

"The best marketing is by word of mouth from your most highest influential friends or heroes."

Jesterthegreat
01-07-05, 21:11
[ edited ]

Darkana
02-07-05, 07:55
First off, I have no idea how you can switch any item in trade, because it's impossible bar this &()§&%)!$&§%-dropback into inventory now and then (something in my brain tells me it was done for a reason, but I dunno anymore and I don't care actually, because it breaks the user-interface consistency :mad: ).

Which means: If they use exploits, they should be treated accordingly. The repairer situation Brammers mentioned is not really ok, but a problem we have to solve ingame.

Jesterthegreat
02-07-05, 12:18
to take an item out of a trade windows you have to click and drag bwloe the item. its as if the items visable location and physical location arent syncronised

Rabiator
02-07-05, 14:29
Maybe it would help to have more different models/trade icons/colors for different items. Especially for the very high priced ones (read rare, epic and MC5 stuff).

Right now, you often have to hover above the item with the mouse cursor to identify stuff at all. A Mendicant SMG looks like an Uziel, for instance. Make things look more differently and item swapping in trade becomes more obvious.

And if there are outright exploits (I have not encountered these yet), FIX THEM!!!

imper1um
02-07-05, 14:45
Well, I suggest this: After both players click the OK button, each player pops up this screen:

[You are trading: (person)]
You will recieve: MC5 Dimension Splitter
You will be giving away: 2000000 Credits, M.O.V.E.O.N. CPU, Protopharm Resistor

Are you sure you wish to complete this trade? Yes, No
WARNING: After you accept this trade, it CANNOT be undone!

Which, if you click any of the underlined portions, it will either show the Show Info Screen of the item, or the Runner Info Screen of the person.

Jesterthegreat
02-07-05, 14:56
or just fucking pay attention.

no one i know has had this happen to them. people need to accept responsibility for their own stupidity.

if you arent sure on the guy wait for him to accept, then double check its the right item, then click ok

Brammers
02-07-05, 15:06
Jester, it's happened a couple of people I know, and they are not stupid either. People have been scammed out of money etc via an exploit. Lets hope KK fix it fast, like past exploits that have been raised.

Conduit
02-07-05, 15:08
Just making all the top-end & rare items a different colour would be a good start. Or is that too 'carebear'? :rolleyes:
I'm thinking this probably wouldn't be too difficult to implement either.

Jesterthegreat
02-07-05, 15:30
Jester, it's happened a couple of people I know, and they are not stupid either. People have been scammed out of money etc via an exploit. Lets hope KK fix it fast, like past exploits that have been raised.

"via an exploit" is different to someone changing the item.

obv i agree exploiters should be treated with harshly. i got sick of seeing gat mk 3's in a certain clans ops... i got sick of seeing a certain clan run through walls and into the ceiling (thus making it impossible to screenie them btw)... i got sick of people hacking things in seconds (which is fortunatly tracked now it seems)... i got sick of all these things, and many more, a long long time ago

fschepper
02-07-05, 15:37
what about adding a text label on high priced items?
like they already are on tech parts...
the item in the middle is a ds, the item on the right a moveon

Brammers
02-07-05, 16:21
Not a bad idea, better still make some new icons for the MC5 chips, like we had from Bramtops NC1 Pro-Launcher.

Jesterthegreat
02-07-05, 16:30
yeah... the suggestions are boiling down to the things we had due to the community before but kk decided we arent allowed anymore...

RogerRamjet
02-07-05, 17:04
Personally, i dont know why KK changed the policies on things like NL pro. If it keeps the community happy surely its a good thing?

Jesterthegreat
02-07-05, 17:10
Personally, i dont know why KK changed the policies on things like NL pro. If it keeps the community happy surely its a good thing?

seems to me that more people were banned for exploiting in nc2 than i ever knew about in nc1... so i dont see the excuse of "stopping people changing the RPOS will stop people exploiting" as being a good one.

:edit: they still take (accept... not steal) things from the community... look at the drone hud. look at the modified default tank model... these were both player made (and possibly a spy model but dunno if that got put ingame).

however the community can do so much more than one or 2 skins. in the past i played nc1 with community made (collected) sounds, RPOS, and some icons. i used a player created tool to change my RPOS colours, and a player run launcher (or more accuratly the launcher was redirected to a player made webpage)

Asatru
02-07-05, 18:04
seems to me that more people were banned for exploiting in nc2 than i ever knew about in nc1... so i dont see the excuse of "stopping people changing the RPOS will stop people exploiting" as being a good one.

:edit: they still take (accept... not steal) things from the community... look at the drone hud. look at the modified default tank model... these were both player made (and possibly a spy model but dunno if that got put ingame).

however the community can do so much more than one or 2 skins. in the past i played nc1 with community made (collected) sounds, RPOS, and some icons. i used a player created tool to change my RPOS colours, and a player run launcher (or more accuratly the launcher was redirected to a player made webpage)
Coulnd agree more, i have been playing this game since 2002 and there was never this kind of a large problem in nc1 as is now in nc2, the comunity also was happier with being able to make custome huds, and such to make this more of a customisable game, no idea what changed their mind from a comunity mods to "no u cant change anything"<shrug shoulders>

Seal

Brammers
02-07-05, 18:16
IIRC Someone made an Aimbot using the info from the mods forum that used to be here. Basically, one person screwed it up for all of us.

However having said that, the Neocon Network Launcher (http://www.neocronnetwork.de/neocronlauncher/index.php?pa2=info_page) for Neocron 2 seems to allowed by KK.

Jesterthegreat
02-07-05, 18:38
it also claims to have winamp controls... but i never found them when i tried it.

RogerRamjet
02-07-05, 19:20
Im sure you can get mods cleared by the Devs for use.

Brammers
02-07-05, 19:31
it also claims to have winamp controls... but i never found them when i tried it.

Read the instructions - type /help winamp for the commands

Jesterthegreat
02-07-05, 21:04
if i was gonna take the time out to type commands i would just alt tab instead

Brammers
02-07-05, 21:37
if i was gonna take the time out to type commands i would just alt tab instead

:wtf: Some people are just never ever satisfied or just not even going to put the effort in....

Jesterthegreat
02-07-05, 22:00
:wtf: Some people are just never ever satisfied or just not even going to put the effort in....

thats the point... its more effort to type out a command than to alt tab (or better yet install my keyboard drivers again and use the media keys).

with NL Pro i never typed anything... cos they put the buttons in which did it for you. best news in the world

Brammers
03-07-05, 01:16
thats the point... its more effort to type out a command than to alt tab (or better yet install my keyboard drivers again and use the media keys).

with NL Pro i never typed anything... cos they put the buttons in which did it for you. best news in the world

Thats the point, that you completely missed, you going to be lazy and a) not type a command and also b) Install the media drivers for the keyboard?

Jesterthegreat
03-07-05, 01:53
Thats the point, that you completely missed, you going to be lazy and a) not type a command and also b) Install the media drivers for the keyboard?

i'll be lazy by doing it the easy way? whats the point of economising eh?

imper1um
03-07-05, 13:41
So, what does this have to do with scammers?

Jesterthegreat
03-07-05, 14:34
if your stupid enough to not pay attention you deserve to lose everything you do lose.

if they exploit the game then i would expect punishment. if they exploit your stupidity i expect you to be laughed at.

on topic enough?

RogerRamjet
03-07-05, 15:23

Someone posted how a customisable RPOS once labeled items to avoid being scammed.

imper1um
04-07-05, 02:25
Yeah, but getting them to make something graphical is like saying that CityAdmin won't Ninja within the next 28 hours.

Asurmen Spec Op
04-07-05, 02:55
Yeah, but getting them to make something graphical is like saying that Both sides won't Ninja within the next 28 hours. fixed for acuracy

eprodigy
04-07-05, 06:38
fixed for acuracy
definetly more accurate. although anticity ninjas 100x more then pro, they just cant stand to lose...

Asurmen Spec Op
04-07-05, 06:40
definetly more accurate. although anticity ninjas 100x more then pro, they just cant stand to lose...I cant really counter because Im Anti and I dont do ops so much

eprodigy
04-07-05, 06:41
I cant really counter because Im Anti and I dont do ops so much
well im neither i just find it pathetic people care so much about the little coloring on a map no one looks at

Clobber
04-07-05, 10:16

So after saying this you come out with

Yeah, but getting them to make something graphical is like saying that CityAdmin won't Ninja within the next 28 hours.

Which is followed by 4 posts that have nothing to do with scamming.

:lol:

Asurmen Spec Op
04-07-05, 10:21

:lol: Me post something relevent?
Honestly, the day that happens, there will be world peace, NC will own the map, and Ill get a life...
Yeah right

Nidhogg
04-07-05, 10:59
Back on topic, please.

N

nobby
04-07-05, 11:08
Stealing and scamming is Roleplay!

It's life!

Give a bloke your car to fix it, doesn't mean you'll see it again!

Doesn't deserve a Ban or punishment TBH, well maybe bad soul light but you know...

RogerRamjet
04-07-05, 12:57
Just look whats in the trade box tbh.

Selendor
04-07-05, 13:19
Late to the thread, but the bug/intentional feature whereby the items go back into your inventory from the trade window seems to be catching some people out. Perhaps this could be removed?

Also, if someone is a scammer, then usually people post on the trade channel and most people get to know who it is. So unless its an alt they won't be playing, that character can pretty much expect to be KOS by most of the server, and also have trouble with trades/pokes etc.

You could host a list of known scammers, but this could run into trouble if its a misunderstanding (ie somone put wrong chip in window by mistake).

Jesterthegreat
04-07-05, 13:37
Late to the thread, but the bug/intentional feature whereby the items go back into your inventory from the trade window seems to be catching some people out. Perhaps this could be removed?

remove the ability to take items out of the trade window? thats just annoying if you put the wrong item in there and have to retrade. especially if you were doing i big trade at the time.

removing the bug that does it and re-arranges your inv i'm all for though

CMaster
04-07-05, 13:57
remove the ability to take items out of the trade window?

Like they alreay have for me?

Selendor
04-07-05, 14:54
No, I meant the way if you keep trade open long enough your items automatically return to your inventory. You can be caught out thinking that is what happened.

imper1um
04-07-05, 15:01
Certain scamming is RP and is acceptable.
Certain scamming is also RP, but is not acceptable because it degrades the game.
Exploiting Scamming is not RP, and is entirely NOT acceptable because it degrades the game 100%.

The first example is like saying that you're selling a TH CPU for 5 mil when it's worth 800k. If you can get 5 mil out of a TH CPU, good for you. That's fine. However, if you're selling a medicant rifle for 5 mil when you are saying it is a rare weapon, that kinda degrades the game. Yes, it's RP scamming, but seriously, tell that to KK's lower paycheck and our lower playerbase. [ edited ]

This seriously needs to be fixed asap.

imper1um
04-07-05, 15:02

:lol:
I was making an analogy: Having KK update something graphical like labelling Dimension Splitters (to prevent exploiting) is like saying that procity won't zerg a offline clan within the next 12 hours. :p

But anyway, point made. Your foot is now in your mouth.

mehirc
04-07-05, 15:11
Did i miss something? As far as i know, there is a mouseover-Info in the trade window since a few patches. If you go over the Items each time before you click OK, you should be on the safe side.

In former times that was not possible and people complained rightly, but today everybody can protect himself in just moveing the mouse a little bit.

I vote for NO.

imper1um
04-07-05, 15:14
OK mehirc, how about a dude who doesn't know better? These are your new players. Like we all said, all of us VETERANS know that we can check it and check it and check it again, but what about newly players that don't know everything about Neocron? I'm looking out for those guys, so that those guys can tell other guys so those other guys can join us and also have a good experience. I like it when servers are full, much more phun. :D

Spermy
04-07-05, 16:15
Well, I suggest this: After both players click the OK button, each player pops up this screen:

[You are trading: (person)]
You will recieve: MC5 Dimension Splitter
You will be giving away: 2000000 Credits, M.O.V.E.O.N. CPU, Protopharm Resistor

Are you sure you wish to complete this trade? Yes, No
WARNING: After you accept this trade, it CANNOT be undone!

Which, if you click any of the underlined portions, it will either show the Show Info Screen of the item, or the Runner Info Screen of the person.

Yeah, I think that would work, BUT....

or just fucking pay attention.

no one i know has had this happen to them. people need to accept responsibility for their own stupidity.

if you arent sure on the guy wait for him to accept, then double check its the right item, then click ok

So does this.

[QUOTE=RogerRamjet]Personally, i dont know why KK changed the policies on things like NL pro. If it keeps the community happy surely its a good thing?

Fuckin' A.

if your stupid enough to not pay attention you deserve to lose everything you do lose.

if they exploit the game then i would expect punishment. if they exploit your stupidity i expect you to be laughed at.

on topic enough?

Sorry - once again - have to agree here. Personally I don't give a monkeys if someone says it was via an exploit or whatever - in a lot of cases, people use that excuse all too often ina completely, and I emphasis MORONIC attempt to cover up thier own stupidy/bad judgement - this doesn't really help anyone at all - all it does is cause the urban legend effect - ties up resources looking into it and create arguments. Moreover it gives me the impression that the "exploited" player is a complete mug. File and save for later, see em ingame, if yer careless enough to fall for that, there's plenty of things that people can do to you that aren't considered exploits.

GODDAMMIT, if people would just accept they made a stupid error, rather than whining I was Haxed etc etc, the world would be a happier place, and people could look into more important things such as stability, rather than the blatant stupidity of other players.

That's neither here nor there - were'nt you pissing and moaning to get back on topic? Then get the fuck on topic.

fixed for acuracy

Agreed - Everyone ninjas Imper1um. Deal with it.

Stealing and scamming is Roleplay!

It's life!

Give a bloke your car to fix it, doesn't mean you'll see it again!

Doesn't deserve a Ban or punishment TBH, well maybe bad soul light but you know...

That would be because yer a scammer yerself innit mate? Ding, correct.

Alright - so a player was scammed - Pfft - it happens, I can't believe we got this blown so out of proportion, a simple " yer a fcuking idiot then, check trade in future" would have done. God dammit.

mehirc
04-07-05, 17:16
OK mehirc, how about a dude who doesn't know better? These are your new players. Like we all said, all of us VETERANS know that we can check it and check it and check it again, but what about newly players that don't know everything about Neocron? I'm looking out for those guys, so that those guys can tell other guys so those other guys can join us and also have a good experience. I like it when servers are full, much more phun. :D

You are right, this can still happen if you trust people and think it was the bug. But there is no exploit anymore, everybody can see what he is trading before he hits ok.

If you don't recheck the trade after it "changed", no matter due to that bug or the tradepartner, it is just careless.

But i agree, that the random dropout of the items should be fixed. And i am also for a lager iteminfo, so that you can read the full name without the mouseoverinfo.

Anyway people still have to check what they are trading for. Nothing can fix this. You also can't help people that give a wrecked MC5 to a monk that pretends to be a repper. (that really happened recently) ;)

imper1um
04-07-05, 18:17
[ edited - what if I was to say "you're banned"? ]
[Imper1um Edit - What if I was to say that 3+3 is actually 25.7? lol jk, sorry man...Didn't know that you can't even mention it :p]

Nidhogg
04-07-05, 18:25
Last warning on exploit discussion, veiled or otherwise.

N

mehirc
04-07-05, 19:01
Then i can only hope that KK fix it. Policies for such people already exist.

Clobber
04-07-05, 19:07
I was making an analogy: Having KK update something graphical like labelling Dimension Splitters (to prevent exploiting) is like saying that procity won't zerg a offline clan within the next 12 hours. :p

But anyway, point made. Your foot is now in your mouth.

Yup its an analogy and a dig at CA, which u know will take the thread off topic, which is what you were whining about earlier.

OK mehirc, how about a dude who doesn't know better? These are your new players. Like we all said, all of us VETERANS know that we can check it and check it and check it again, but what about newly players that don't know everything about Neocron? I'm looking out for those guys, so that those guys can tell other guys so those other guys can join us and also have a good exprience. I like it when servers are full, much more phun.

So you are new and get scammed. Big deal its a game its a few pixels. If these people are the type that will quit over it then good riddance and piss off back to WoW. These are the type of people who will whine on trade whine in DM's and do the same when they get pk'd most likely.

Get scammed (not exploited) then make a little post to warn others, fair enough. Its upto the players to sort it out in game. Dont trade with the scammers, pk the scammers etc.

imper1um
04-07-05, 19:09
Actually, these are good people that I would prefer to you. I would rather have 10 new people that are friendly than even a fraction of you. ;-)

Jesterthegreat
04-07-05, 19:14
to take an item out of a trade windows you have to click and drag below the item. its as if the items visable location and physical location arent syncronised

its doable still :p

:edit:
Personally I don't give a monkeys if someone says it was via an exploit or whatever - in a lot of cases, people use that excuse all too often ina completely, and I emphasis MORONIC attempt to cover up thier own stupidy/bad judgement

i wouldnt wanna count the amout of times clans have reported me for "exploiting"... of course it was all bullshit hense my no ingame bans in close to 3 years ;)

Spermy
04-07-05, 19:20
Actually, these are good people that I would prefer to you. I would rather have 10 new people that are friendly than even a fraction of you. ;-)

Aw for gods sake - [ edited ]

Yup its an analogy and a dig at CA, which u know will take the thread off topic, which is what you were whining about earlier.

So you are new and get scammed. Big deal its a game its a few pixels. If these people are the type that will quit over it then good riddance and piss off back to WoW. These are the type of people who will whine on trade whine in DM's and do the same when they get pk'd most likely.

Get scammed (not exploited) then make a little post to warn others, fair enough. Its upto the players to sort it out in game. Dont trade with the scammers, pk the scammers etc.

You too. [ edited ]

Can we PLEASE close this bitchfest in progress?

Nidhogg
04-07-05, 19:34
This thread is getting out of hand. No more flames, trolls or exploit discussion.

N

imper1um
04-07-05, 19:38
lol sorry, I just hate people that overscam. :p

eprodigy
04-07-05, 20:00
OK mehirc, how about a dude who doesn't know better? These are your new players...but what about newly players that don't know everything about Neocron? I'm looking out for those guys, so that those guys can tell other guys so those other guys can join us and also have a good experience. I like it when servers are full, much more phun. :D
how does it effect a new player? i doubt one would be trading for a DS when they are brand new...

all of us VETERANS know
rofl

imper1um
04-07-05, 20:19
No, I'm not saying new, I'm saying newly, such as one that just got enough shit to get an SA...This is his first SA, and he might just be new to a clan. He went to MC5 just enough times to get 2-3 parts for a SA and bought/traded for the rest. He used one nice CSTer, which we have alot of that gave back his completed SA. Now he's trading for a DS, which he hasn't really known about the game long enough to know too much. After all, you can get a SA within 4 days of the game. It's not a veteran item. Everything in the game is relatively easy to get, as long as you do the right things.

Jesterthegreat
04-07-05, 20:24
No, I'm not saying new, I'm saying newly, such as one that just got enough shit to get an SA...This is his first SA, and he might just be new to a clan. He went to MC5 just enough times to get 2-3 parts for a SA and bought/traded for the rest. He used one nice CSTer, which we have alot of that gave back his completed SA. Now he's trading for a DS, which he hasn't really known about the game long enough to know too much. After all, you can get a SA within 4 days of the game. It's not a veteran item. Everything in the game is relatively easy to get, as long as you do the right things.

so you wanna pretect the newly who is trading his SA for a DS?

even if he does get scammed... good thing you told us you can get one in 4 days so it wont be an issue to get a new one.

its simple. if someone breaks the rules they should be punished.

scamming has never been against the rules. nor has ally killing, nor has ninja hacking, nor has noob buffing. none of these things are "moral"... but they arent disallowed. as it should be.

the game has got more and more carebear. with the (delayed with kk not actually discussing it with us, just saying "its delayed cos people had opinions") PvP server, we finally have hope of a real "watch your back wherever you are", dirty, mean cyber punk world.

imper1um
04-07-05, 20:27
That dude has just spent 4 days trying to get that thing. The nice newly is now a raging hater which spreads it's disease of bad news throughout his part of town.

eprodigy
04-07-05, 20:28
anyone who has played long enough to run mc5 (unless they're an exploiting droner) on their first char should figure out that holding the mouse over an item shows what it is, or they are just stupid.. im sure this probably happened to you

Clobber
04-07-05, 20:28
[ edited ]

Jesterthegreat
04-07-05, 20:31
[ edited ]

Clobber
04-07-05, 20:44
[ edited ]

Nidhogg
04-07-05, 20:44
I warned you. Thread closed.