PDA

View Full Version : BF2 Ranked Servers

Toxen
30-06-05, 16:39
guess a few of you have been off playing BF2 this week, and a few of us will have read about the new form of continual scoring (FPS trying to go MMO?) but if anyones tried to get on the few low pinged ranked BF2 server they know its insane myself I spent an hour just clicking retry.

Opar
30-06-05, 17:23
Yeah, I gave up trying to get on the Ranked servers after a while, it's just not worth the hassle if you ask me, for the sake of a few weapons, so I stick to the 'unofficial' servers.

Also, because i'm poo at FPS games, the one time I went on a ranked server I got my ass handed to me, so i'm sticking to the regular servers for now.

Skusty
30-06-05, 17:56
Hrm... http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=125402 Discuss there maybe? :p Its a bf2 thread for all kinda disscusses :D But havent played bf2 yet, comp cant take it yet :(

Tidus_Origin
30-06-05, 19:10
My PC is powerful enough, but when I tried to play the demo...nothing happened. Tried reinstall/redownload and still nothing..probably the insanely limited selection of GFX cards that actually work with this game... :(

Toxen
01-07-05, 01:08
I've heard a few people grumbling bout graphics card problems with BF2 i think its only a few select ones though runs fine on my ati radeon 9600.
The ranking system is insane though in my opinion u need 10'000 points to get to the fourth rank, which i also assume is the point which u can unlock another weapon aswell as the one you unlock when you reach 3rd rank, Rank does have its privlages ie u have priority when applying for commander the higher the rank you are, plus you get nice shiny stuff :D, some of those alternative weapons pack a punch though. But if you have to get to general to unlock all of them how many points is that going to be it.

Toxen
02-07-05, 01:13
Rofl its happend I've finally found somewhere with more flame wars over a particular issue than the nerf PPU threads. It appears that certain clans have been using rented ranked servers to bump their stats up on the leaderboard and these servers have been locked and non-normal play as been engaged by these particular clans according to whats been said on other forums those this is all speculative from what people have seen on stats trackers this is open to interpretation and this is just my opinion. But its setting off some flame wars with replies faster than irc.

Tidus_Origin
02-07-05, 15:16
I've heard a few people grumbling bout graphics card problems with BF2 i think its only a few select ones though runs fine on my ati radeon 9600.

I've got a (256MB) ATi Radeon 9550...and it doesn't work.

So I looked down the (demo) readme, and what should I find?

Battlefield 2 only supports the following video cards:
Radeon X700 (PCIe)
Radeon X600 (PCIe)
GeForce 6600 (PCIe)
GeForce PCX 5900 (PCIe)
GeForce 5800 Series (AGP)
ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition
ATI Radeon X800 PRO
ATI Radeon 9800 Series
ATI Radeon 9600 Series
ATI Radeon 9550 (RV350LX)
ATI Radeon 9500 / 9700 Series
ATI Radeon 8500 Series
ATI Radeon X300 Series
NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra
NVidia GeForce 6800 GT
NVidia GeForce 6800
NVidia GeForce FX 5950 Series
NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Series
NVidia GeForce FX 5700 Series

Don't ask me what the RV350LX is...I have no idea. But I'm gonna try finding new drivers then trying the demo again. If it works then - then I might consider buying the full game :)

nobby
04-07-05, 11:26
I can get a ranked server with low ping ALL the time!

in filters have just all the map sizes, ranked, no password, same version.

Then in server write "Europe"

then you'll get lots of low ping servers, then put them into player order!

voila!
Lotsa servers to play :p

Superbron
04-07-05, 11:33
Just curious: does BF2 rock?

Skusty
04-07-05, 13:26
Just curious: does BF2 rock?
Better than bf 1942 and BFV ican tell you that :p Just got some memleaks that leads to crashes for some after rounds and ati cards got probs with gfx sometimes but other wise its ok.

nobby
06-07-05, 13:58
Once i get on the game, i can't get off !
it's so Addictive!

buy it to find out!

(or downlaod it off a torrent site and write the cd key down from a case in Asda) :lol:

Original monk
06-07-05, 15:09
Rofl its happend I've finally found somewhere with more flame wars over a particular issue than the nerf PPU threads. It appears that certain clans have been using rented ranked servers to bump their stats up on the leaderboard and these servers have been locked and non-normal play as been engaged by these particular clans according to whats been said on other forums those this is all speculative from what people have seen on stats trackers this is open to interpretation and this is just my opinion. But its setting off some flame wars with replies faster than irc.

rofl, darn i forgot to go to fnac to get me my BF2 copy today :/ my mate (ingame: witte) allready has it and he really enjoy's it he says ! even with one hand ! (he smashed hes other hand to pieces on an annoying drunk guys face last week when visiting a club ... result: 2 months unable to work or drive :/ )

giga191
24-07-05, 03:00
Just curious: does BF2 rock?It's good apart from the sniper rifles which can't shoot in a straight line :mad:

Skusty
24-07-05, 11:57
It's good apart from the sniper rifles which can't shoot in a straight line :mad:
Ye heard of that, but you need to practise more, and maybe they got winds in the game that makes bullets fly bit to right / left as example ;)

Terayon
24-07-05, 20:52
Nah ive spent alot of time testing the sniper and found out its off by about 2 feet in a random direction at 200 meters. After that it just gets worse. I find i get more kills sniping with the medic rifle or the assault rifle then the american sniper rifle. I mean my 50 cal sniper dousent even kill in one hit unless im 10 feet away.

Also i have no trouble getting on a ranked server. Just filter for not full and try to get on one. Plus the server "000 super fast" usaly has a spot open. Maybe its just my area.

Don't ask me what the RV350LX is...I have no idea. But I'm gonna try finding new drivers then trying the demo again. If it works then - then I might consider buying the full game
I think its your cards core.

giga191
25-07-05, 01:46
I spent my weapon unlock on the massive sniper rifle that can shoot through heli cockpit glass. I have yet to kill a pilot....

I find that I have to aim right at the centre of the torso to make room for error. I WANT HEADSHOTS!!!!!!!:mad:

Hippieman
25-07-05, 02:11
I think its your cards core.

And I say good sah you be correct in your guess! /southern accent

Terayon
25-07-05, 03:59
I read it takes 10000 or 20000 hours, one of those, for an expert rank in a single kit. Incase anyone was wondering.
http://www.ubar.sc/ Think it will be down for a while longer though.

Original monk
25-07-05, 08:50
i allready unlocked the specops rifle .. the G36C .. very nice weapon yeah and i enjoy shooting it but i was wondring for my next weapon .. i was thinking about the medic rifle is it auto and single shot ? is it accurate and powerfull ?

anyone have any experiences with the anti tank gun and the engineer gun ? are they decent ?

Terayon
25-07-05, 10:02
Why dont you play on a modded server and try it out for yourself :).

Just that me and my friend have used it and have completely different opinions about it.

canuma100
25-07-05, 10:09
I have unlocked the G3 and it rocks hell (on citymaps)

Good ranked servers in EU are Multiplay.co.uk and K-play forget the french servers there are autobalance OFF and just zerg 7 vs 44 games

Skusty
25-07-05, 12:31
I have unlocked the G3 and it rocks hell (on citymaps)

Good ranked servers in EU are Multiplay.co.uk and K-play forget the french servers there are autobalance OFF and just zerg 7 vs 44 games
I heard that the G36C is good to, iam going to unlock it first ;) Its good on longrange i heard to :D

Exioce
25-07-05, 12:52
G3 is a great gun, but also balanced as its clip size is smaller than the default gun (or so it seems to me). i'm thinking of unlocking either the sniper rifle or engineer shotgun next. but damn, i used to be headshot master in BFV. now i can't hit for shit :(

Original monk
25-07-05, 13:08
yeah i should try them all on an unlocked server !

skusty, the G36c is great lol .. theres was a sniper aiming at me and witouth zooming in i yust sniped em back LOL

the medic or the engineer gun !! hell of a tough choice !

edit: tough he's a good guy: NERF SKUSTY'S SIG 111ONEONE1111

Skusty
25-07-05, 14:27
edit: tough he's a good guy: NERF SKUSTY'S SIG 111ONEONE1111
Why that? :) It is as big as it is alowed :D

And the medic gun is known for missing alot o_O The SA-80

nobby
25-07-05, 22:27
I love playing with my SA 80 in the army cadets :p

giga191
26-07-05, 00:11
Why that? :) It is as big as it is alowed :D

And the medic gun is known for missing alot o_O The SA-80 So medic unlock gun = pile of crap not worth spending unlock on?

nobby
26-07-05, 02:58
:lol: well if you're running and start to go into a crouch and start shooting...You hit everywhere apart the target...but if you were to lay down and see a tin on the ground, you could snipe it no problem...

Thing is though, i don't like the amount of damage.

BTW DO NOT GET THE SPECIAL FORCES GUN EVER!

does soft bullets that are good for killing men without body armour but other than that, it's extremely shit!

Sniper rifle doesn't piece through Black hawk glass but does apache glass :D
bastards stealing my chopper :angel:

G3 is very accurate and VERY powerful, though getting a clip of 20 bullets is a bit poo...
But if lucky, can take out 3 men max in one clip.

Playing about after number haxing my file with the new guns, DO NOT get the anti tank new gun, The loudest and stupidest shotgun i've ever used, the engineer one is better but i'm not a fan of shotguns on multiplayer...

though playing with the support gun...

can kill a man in like 3 to 5 bullets and has massive clip size and is very accurate than it says on screen due to it's slower rate of fire than other .

So here you go, here's my opinion!

Terayon
26-07-05, 09:33
Aside from that, the next assault gun has no gernade launcher i hear.

I would never upgrade my medic rifle becouse i love the current med rifles. I only ever shoot single shots with em and almost always am looking through sights. Suites my playing style.

Original monk
26-07-05, 12:29
Aside from that, the next assault gun has no gernade launcher i hear.

I would never upgrade my medic rifle becouse i love the current med rifles. I only ever shoot single shots with em and almost always am looking through sights. Suites my playing style.

i heard that with youre playing style the unlockable medic gun owns ... but when you use it on auto it sucks :/

the G3 had a grenadelauncher but it got removed they told me .. dunno if this info is accurate tough ... i do know they dont have a launcher at this point ..

and nobby, the specops gun is the first one i unlocked and darn its a powerfull weapon, i use it all the time to infiltrate enemy HQ (no not for camping but for destroying there UAV and artillery) ... extremely accurate (sniping snipers :P) , extremely fast, decent clipsize etc etc .. 2 bad its an ironsight and not the hitech reddot sight that the basic specops gun has :) but on the other hand i dont use the G36C sight alot anyway

best guns are G36C and G3 ... G3 being more powerfull but less bullets ... G36C being a tad bit less powerfull but more bullets and specops have C4 ... while assault has to miss its launcher

for my next unlock i think i take the medigun ... i made insane amounts of kills allready with the regular engineershotty, its more then powerfull enough .. i dont think its worth taking another shotty and altough i like the regular medicgun im very curious for the AS-80 ... i didnt try em yet :)

if anyone knows a better gun do tell ! i dont want the G3 cause i never play the assaultclass and have the G36C allready anyway

Skusty
26-07-05, 12:55
Wooo new compparts ordered!! But i might get it when im in finland so i gotta wait 4weeks prolly :( At least i will get high nolag with about 90 fps :D

canuma100
26-07-05, 14:18
G3 is a great gun, but also balanced as its clip size is smaller than the default gun (or so it seems to me). i'm thinking of unlocking either the sniper rifle or engineer shotgun next. but damn, i used to be headshot master in BFV. now i can't hit for shit :(

the jackhammer is realy Bad the normal shotgun is like SHOT PUMP SHOT PUMP load load load

the jackhammer is SHOT SHOT SHOT SHOT SHOT LOAAAAAAAAAADDDDD and some noob kill u while loading with knife :rolleyes:

The Medicgun is really good on singelfire its a sniper but autofire is not so good

G36C is VERY accurate but makes not so much DMG then the AKSU 74 or M4

the M95 Sniper rifle is only good for kill some heli noobs that capture a flag its not very accurate (for me)

i have tested all wppns becouse a bug has hitten the ranking system i have now ALL wppns unlocked (just7000 points :lol: )

Original monk
26-07-05, 14:30
intresting intresting ! :P

so the jackhammer has extreme reloading times ? i wonder how the striker is then :)

tough probably as a next weapon ill choose the medicgun :)

i would like the G3 but assault cant destroy targets with C4 or heal people or place AT mines :/ and thats the things i like :)

(and playing commander like somekind of simplified RTS where you can zoom in on the targets like C&C generals but then with reallife people running around as targets :P)

giga191
26-07-05, 18:33
(and playing commander like somekind of simplified RTS where you can zoom in on the targets like C&C generals but then with reallife people running around as targets :P)
You should be able to control people too :D

"Why are you walking me towards that enemy tank? NOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Original monk
26-07-05, 19:58
You should be able to control people too :D

A mutiny has been initiated versus giga191, you have 2 minutes to vote: press "pageup" for YES and "pagedown" for NO :p

Original monk
27-07-05, 12:46
apology for double post, yust found sumthing BF2 related tough !

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2005/07/19/battlefield2_mod/1.html

watch all 6 pages tbh, its the battlefield2 casemod made by the same guy that made the known HLČ casemod, nice work i must say :)

Skusty
27-07-05, 14:05
He can prone under the tank and let it drive over, samething about hummers :D My mate allways jumps under tanks as enginer :lol:

Original monk
27-07-05, 14:35
He can prone under the tank and let it drive over, samething about hummers :D My mate allways jumps under tanks as enginer :lol:

somehow when i try this i always end up ... flat =/

giga191
27-07-05, 15:21
A mutiny has been initiated versus giga191, you have 2 minutes to vote: press "pageup" for YES and "pagedown" for NO :p I've never actually seen any mutiny vote being successful.

It's so much fun driving people over with the jeeps while honking some well known tune. Shame there isn't any music like in BF:V

Original monk
27-07-05, 15:56
I've never actually seen any mutiny vote being successful.

It's so much fun driving people over with the jeeps while honking some well known tune. Shame there isn't any music like in BF:V

yeah jumping in a jeep, put on the radio ... some teammates hop in and !

BABY ON THE ROAD AGAIN !

And my dear mother left me WHEN I was quite young
BABY When I was quite young
And my dear mother left me WHEN I was quite young
BABY When I was quite young
She said "Lord, have mercy on my wicked Son"

BABY ON THE ROAD AGAIN !

but youre right ... i never seen someone been kicked ... and only seen a commander been booted once !

ME :P (little mistake ... artillery instead of UAV :P)

giga191
27-07-05, 16:34
ME :P (little mistake ... artillery instead of UAV :P) I hate the blind gits who just walk into the artilery. Then they have the nerve to punish for it. I hate people who punish for stuff that is there own fault

Skusty
27-07-05, 16:42
I hate the blind gits who just walk into the artilery. Then they have the nerve to punish for it. I hate people who punish for stuff that is there own fault
Like you do? :p

Original monk
27-07-05, 16:51
I hate the blind gits who just walk into the artilery. Then they have the nerve to punish for it. I hate people who punish for stuff that is there own fault

indeed, i encountered this alot lately ... a guy stands in a buggy at the turret waiting for someone to jump in and drive em away .. innocent souls like me think: hey a teammember looking for assistance/backup ...

you jump in and drive away but right before you drive away he jumps out and jumps infront of the vehicule ... and punishes you ...

rince and repeat ...

extremely annoying :/ and not quite good for youre stats ..

theres more of this and it aint no good :/

(thing i like tough isnt enjoyed by alot of people also ... paste youre buggy full with C4 ... drive out and meet a tank ... jump out infront and blow yourself, the buggy and the tank with the C4 :) quite enjoyable but not appreciated lol, i loved to do this with sticky bombs in BFV but in BF2 this is a good alternative .. also mentioned in one of the posts here :) )

nobby
27-07-05, 19:45
heh, at the beginning of a round, stick loads of C4 onto the windows of planes of heli's :p

They'll either just stand and watch or fly off and you can then KABOOM them :p

giga191
27-07-05, 20:01
i loved to do this with sticky bombs in BFV but in BF2 this is a good alternative .. also mentioned in one of the posts here :) ) That was my speciality in BF:V. Get a 2 seated vehicle, put c4 on it, drive up to people, switch seats, blow the C4 (this way, your vehicle stays intact although it will only work if friendly fire is off)