PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle PE questions (got no one to even look at post on profession forum)

vashtyphoon78
30-06-05, 07:26
A few questions for a Vehicle Char.

I Want to make a PE so i can gun rhino and stuff.

1) Do you need Weapon Lore to aim vehicle guns?
2) Heavy Combat effects vehicle weapon effectivness right?
3) Can a PE drive a rhino?
4) Can a PE repair a rhino?

Thanks guys and thanks tostino for the start on a vehicler setup.

Terkantia
30-06-05, 07:31
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes
4) Yes

=)

Cyberstorm
30-06-05, 09:07
1. No
2. No
3. Yes
4. Yes

Vehicles allways deal the same dmg, if you have 120 hc or 220 hc O_o
The aiming is allways the same , too.
So, 0 Wep or 140 Wep is the same in vehicles....

correct me pls if i am wrong..

Xeno LARD
30-06-05, 09:39
Wep does affect the closing speed of the reticle and the range afaik, might be wrong though. Never had more than 50 wep on my vehicle pe anyway.

And h-c does increase the dmg aswell, though you dont need much h-c to cap the vehicle guns.
I think 130ish is enough to even cap the rhino gun already.

Terayon
30-06-05, 09:41
Wep does affect the closing speed of the reticle and the range afaik, might be wrong though. Never had more than 50 wep on my vehicle pe anyway.
Nah, your right. My clannies have tested it.

msdong
30-06-05, 09:43
1. No
2. No

1.Yes - For Weapon Range. it really makes the difference when u start the char and hunt WB and u are outside their range on you bike. once u use rhino its just to save money because u need to repair it less.
2.Yes - If you want to use HC-Weapons for caves and stuff too.

numb
30-06-05, 10:05
I'm sure H-C improves range, aim, handling + frequency aswell. I think, just like with any other weapon, it's best not just to aim for the damage cap. My combat hovertech is certainly far more effective now I have a good degree of HC and 60 odd points in WL, much more shots hit at range.

Cyberstorm
30-06-05, 10:37

-> 2.Yes - If you want to use HC-Weapons for caves and stuff too.

< Whats wrong in this picture ? >

Tell me if you make it to drive a vehicle in a cave :wtf:

CMaster
30-06-05, 16:05
More HC does mean more damage - but vhc weapons are VERY easy to cap damage.
More WEP makes a HUGE differnece to vehicle aiming.

msdong
30-06-05, 16:25

-> 2.Yes - If you want to use HC-Weapons for caves and stuff too.

< Whats wrong in this picture ? >

Tell me if you make it to drive a vehicle in a cave :wtf:

i just want to say thet IF he use a - say SpeedGat - in a Cave he need more H-C Skill tham just the Points for use the best VHC gun.

vashtyphoon78
30-06-05, 16:38
Ok so ill need about 50-60 wep lore, alot of HC due to ill also be using weapons (probly more lore to aim the HC weps) and repping a rhino shouldnt be much of a problem. Thanks for all the help guys. lol one more question- easier to imp/drug a PE to 80 str or a tank to 30 int? (+20_+10)

numb
30-06-05, 16:53
Ok so ill need about 50-60 wep lore, alot of HC due to ill also be using weapons (probly more lore to aim the HC weps) and repping a rhino shouldnt be much of a problem. Thanks for all the help guys. lol one more question- easier to imp/drug a PE to 80 str or a tank to 30 int? (+20_+10)

Dont know about tanks, but with PE, u just need 1 str drug after you generep to get your marine in then u are home free with 81 str (berserk 2 + 3, moveon, marine + harden backbone 3 [edit: or str booster 3 if u value your agil more than your HC skills]).

CMaster
30-06-05, 17:09
Dont know about tanks, but with PE, u just need 1 str drug after you generep to get your marine in then u are home free with 81 str (berserk 2 + 3, moveon, marine + harden backbone 3 [edit: or str booster 3 if u value your agil more than your HC skills]).
Or just relog + zone.
And wep lore seems to keep working the more and more you put in, on say a rhino gun.

Terkantia
30-06-05, 17:28
I've recentlPy dcone some LOM'in of WEP into PSU and it does make a difference. Not only with weapons and with vehicles. Although, the effect on vehoicle reticels is far less obvious than it is with say high end weapons. not only becasue you can see the percentage increase under cable.ng, but the speed in reduction is sizeable.

I wponmder what the caps on skill is to capa reveller or rhino.

Freaky Fryd
30-06-05, 21:30
Vehicles allways deal the same dmg, if you have 120 hc or 220 hc O_o
The aiming is allways the same , too.
So, 0 Wep or 140 Wep is the same in vehicles....

correct me pls if i am wrong..

Yeah, you are wrong...
It's not a huge difference between uncapped and capped, but there is a difference. I think the most difference I've seen is 30-40 damage per shot between the two when firing at a Grim.

Also, since my tank is primarily melee, I had no weapon lore and the reticle closed painfully slow. Once I got some weapon lore (25), it was much faster.

Superbron
01-07-05, 08:43
Ok so ill need about 50-60 wep lore, alot of HC due to ill also be using weapons (probly more lore to aim the HC weps) and repping a rhino shouldnt be much of a problem. Thanks for all the help guys. lol one more question- easier to imp/drug a PE to 80 str or a tank to 30 int? (+20_+10)PE is way easier (especially when using imps).