PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Run cast?

Apoc.
29-06-05, 20:54
Is it just me or is it harder to run cast effectly ?
Any1 else got similar problems?

was on meh pe btw^

Mechanicus
29-06-05, 21:04
same problem here

Riddle
29-06-05, 21:47
You can Run cast??

or you mean run around in circles? ;)

Jesterthegreat
29-06-05, 22:10
You can Run cast??

or you mean run around in circles? ;)

if he run casted ppu spells on his PE then i hope a GN is watching him since its not possible unless you are stupidly slow.

i assume he meant circle strafe cast.

Riddle
29-06-05, 22:15
if he run casted ppu spells on his PE then i hope a GN is watching him since its not possible unless you are stupidly slow.

i assume he meant circle strafe cast.

What i thought ;)

Apoc.
29-06-05, 23:12
What i thought ;)

Ye i did : )

Rabiator
29-06-05, 23:23
I'm getting more fizzled spells on my low-mid lvl PPU too, even when standing. Not fun.
Things like Shelter and Blessed Def used to be very reliable as selfcast when standing. Now they frequently fail.

Xylaz
30-06-05, 00:13
Aye alot of random spell fizzles after the patch, even when standing still.

Darkana
30-06-05, 00:14
While caving I encountered a lot of weird casting problems, too, and, having talked to others, I was not alone with this. Looks like the server is lagging "decently", I had an unusual high amount of messed up synching stuff, too (e.g. missing players in local list, players popping up right beside me out of nothing etc.pp.).

Selendor
30-06-05, 00:33
My tank fizzled his basic heal while standing still in an empty zone. I think somethings up.

Morganth
30-06-05, 00:35
I was on my PPU and couldn't cast my heal/S/D whilst running backwards or crouch-running forwards, which I could do before the patch. Either its an intentional anti-PPU feature or a bug, hopefully the latter as it will be tedious as opposed to reducing a PPUs effectiveness.

Jolt
30-06-05, 01:28
There seems to be some kind of server-client sync problem since the patch. Spells dont cast half the time and in PvP you often see others standing still then when they sync together the character jumps across the screen.

Nullvoid
30-06-05, 02:13
Just to add my voice aswell. I'm a not that far from capped ppu yet my spells are fizzling all over the shop, even when not moving sometimes :rolleyes:

And yes, I have alt+f up constantly and my ping has never gone above 80.

Mr Kot
30-06-05, 02:16
Me PE runcasts just fine. Dunno what all the fuss is about.

eprodigy
30-06-05, 05:51
noticed it a lot on my PE. spells fizziling out even when standing perfectly still. seems to happen especially when you switch spells and also when you run to a spot then cast standing still... its a little too noticable to me to blame on my imagination plus everyone else noticing it too.

Cyberstorm
30-06-05, 09:10
i can runcast when i am overloaded :D

No, if you are normaly fast ( for a pe or a monk ) i think its impossible to runcast with a heal.

You must strafe arround a short time or anything else.

eprodigy
30-06-05, 09:56
were speaking of a possible bug now i think.. or at least i was.

numb
30-06-05, 10:14
Yesterday I hit my TL3 heal on my PE 3 times before it cast without fizzling. That was standing still with a couple of mobs shooting at me. That's not happened to me before.

Exioce
30-06-05, 16:43
yup, just another confirmation that run-casting fails more after this patch.

Tratos
30-06-05, 17:22
Ive been getting fizzles also on my lowbie spy, my APUs spells have been fine however, perhaps this has something to do with the added server load of item tracking (see new thread by Thanatos.)

Spermy
30-06-05, 18:25
I get fizzles on my tank...

I'll be running - stop, and then cast - and it'll fizzle - although if I wait a sec after stopping it works fine - I think it's just my client playing catch up?

That said it also fizzles when I'm doing sod all in my apt at times :S

solling
30-06-05, 19:13
what jolt said

had duels at cycrow last night noticed that a lot

rawr jolt

Apoc.
30-06-05, 21:06
what jolt said

had duels at cycrow last night noticed that a lot

rawr jolt

lore < exo

I hope they fix this problem soon ...

(familiar story ?)

Selendor
30-06-05, 22:16
If you see the item tracking announcement, it seems to be related to them turning it on, and their servers can't cope with the increase in transactions being written. Or at least that is how I'm reading these two incidents.

enigma_b17
30-06-05, 23:28
a for gods sake like, damn spells fizzle out too much