PDA

View Full Version : I would like to ask...

Xylaz
29-06-05, 19:29
...where's our new pvp server?

according to the planfile it should be available tomorrow.

i'm waiting...

-FN-
29-06-05, 19:38
We'd like to clarify that not everything concerning the PvP Server is set in stone.

Keep waiting :p

enigma_b17
29-06-05, 19:44
...where's our new pvp server?

according to the planfile it should be available tomorrow.

i'm waiting...

with a post count as high as yours, i would assume u have been around long enough to know never to trust kk when they give a deadline.

Xylaz
29-06-05, 19:48
with a post count as high as yours, i would assume u have been around long enough to know never to trust kk when they give a deadline.

you mean i should accept that they will never learn and will always do the same mistakes over and over again?

even if i know it perfectly well i just cannot accept it...

enigma_b17
29-06-05, 19:50
Yep prety much lol

[edit] why do we fall down?

answer: so we can fall down again

Dr Strange
30-06-05, 00:16
Maybe it takes a while to convert a server to a certain ruleset?

Jesterthegreat
30-06-05, 00:19
Maybe it takes a while to convert a server to a certain ruleset?

if that were the case why include it in the "within 3 weeks" thing?

NONpk
30-06-05, 00:20
MERC WILL NEVER BE A PVP SERVER >_<....... *runs away*

Jesterthegreat
30-06-05, 00:22
we have had the announcements in both eng and ger com talk disappear... i would like to think thats due to a coming change... but i doubt it

eprodigy
30-06-05, 05:57
hey wheres my mechs!!! I WANT MECHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr Strange
30-06-05, 07:36
if that were the case why include it in the "within 3 weeks" thing?

*shrug* dunno

i mean it takes 30 minutes to an hour for them to patch the servers, sometimes

i figure if you redo the entire game on one server, changing it's ruleset and game mechanics etc it might take 3+ weeks?

numb
30-06-05, 17:26
Yeah with all these ideas, like item drop into belt, changes to PPU and LE (if it's not removed), it's bound to take longer than 3 weeks.

I gathered that initial estimate was based around simply changing zones to anarchy (must be easy to do), making you lose safeslot (code already implemented for negative sl) and making you drop item rather than belt to ground (easy, considering u can throw items out your inventory).

If any of the different ideas that have been brought up are implemented it's bound to take longer to develop, set up and test.

Spermy
30-06-05, 18:19
So who's going on this PvP server - I wanna know who I'll be handing out my equipment to :P

Xylaz
30-06-05, 22:38
So who's going on this PvP server - I wanna know who I'll be handing out my equipment to :P

before i go i would like to have some info about it...

...like if its not another big fake...

Xylaz
01-07-05, 14:32
ok 3 weeks have passed

no word about pvp server

no explanation

another lie

ty, close the thread

Odin
01-07-05, 14:45
Or you could bother to read the fact that were now taking feedback about the discussion on it instead of just implementing it without care as to customer opinion :p

Of course though that would totally deflate your obviously flagrant attempt to shit disturb.

ArthurDent2k
01-07-05, 14:49
Harsh words :) But if you take Feedback of the Com into account...well, good :angel:
Anything about an official Update on the Situation Odin? The current state is quite enerving for "old-Mercurians" like me and potential PvPlers are for sure waiting for infos :)

Odin
01-07-05, 14:51
Harsh words :) But if you take Feedback of the Com into account...well, good :angel:
Anything about an official Update on the Situation Odin? The current state is quite enerving for "old-Mercurians" like me and potential PvPlers are for sure waiting for infos :)

It's being monitored very closely due to the huge uproar it caused and many options could be changed completely based on the feedback. About all I can say on it right now. As for harsh. In rare occassions I think a little harshness is needed to slap reality back in place.

ArthurDent2k
01-07-05, 14:55
Thx for the quick reply Odin...seems we'll all have to wait what comes but I appreciate the fact that KK takes care about feedback...so there's still hope for my home :)

/edit: About the "harsh"...nothing to say against it,the tone is ok :)

grml...curse my English,can't express what I mean correctly :(

Odin
01-07-05, 15:04
Thx for the quick reply Odin

No problem. Pretty much it's trying to balance how to implement a PVP server by pissing off the fewest people while still getting a PVP server going as a new server isn't an option with the current populations. Not exactly easy with the 30 odd completely different opinions by each camp.

enigma_b17
01-07-05, 15:08
what about making a few zones that have those rules implemented lol

ArthurDent2k
01-07-05, 15:18
Yeah, see the prob... hard and ungrateful (undankbar??) task. Well,all I can say is good luck and I mean it, hope you all can find a way which is acceptable by the mayority of players :) In my opinion something involving LE would solve many probs but...that doesn't belong here :D

Xylaz
01-07-05, 16:05
CLOSE THE THREAD NID :mad:

you're blind or something? start your propaganda shit somewhere else, not in my thread...

Superbron
01-07-05, 16:11
I am not going to a PvP-server. If there was a RP-server I would consider it maybe...

Nullvoid
01-07-05, 16:19
responses not quite what you were expecting Xyl Az?

ArthurDent2k
01-07-05, 16:22
you're blind or something? start your propaganda shit somewhere else, not in my thread...Hmm...if that's what you think...I'd consider this as pure Information about what's going on, something you didn't request but there it is...why so negative? Everyone complains about no Information being given to the Com,then some "official" tells us about the current state and then this...well, all Information is Propaganda from some Point of View I guess :rolleyes:

Nidhogg
01-07-05, 16:42
CLOSE THE THREAD NID :mad:

you're blind or something? start your propaganda shit somewhere else, not in my thread...
I think it's worth keeping it open actually. They weren't my posts, btw - heaven forbid I'd start my "propaganda shit" on our own forums. ;)

N

/edit - typo

Tratos
01-07-05, 16:51
So... pathetic flaming/trolling failed so shouting at mods starts, win :lol:

Nice to hear some news thanks Odin/Nid... might have been an easier decision to make if all the servers had had the same slot numbers come release then one of the german servers would have been the prime choice imo to make a proper international server i.e. German & English support (Perhaps ask AD to provide French? equallying the servers per language in the process.

40$Poser
01-07-05, 18:24
pvp server = I'll believe it when it actually happens, until then I'm not holding my breath on a server idea.

Jesterthegreat
01-07-05, 19:30
i'm not sure if AD actually earn money from owning pandore (since subscriptions aren't seperate for pandore... anyone paying 10T can access the server)... but since their population is minimul maybe someone at kk should discuss it with them. from what i understand it has a strong RP base so it may be a no... but it's an option... worth discussing with them and worth them discussing with the current pandore community.

other than that... theres 2 german servers and only one server for the "international" community... i know where it makes sense to make changes (with char transfers... maybe different char slottage)

eprodigy
01-07-05, 19:46
not going to happen

KK should just say fuck you AD were either close pandore or make it pvp your choice.

Jesterthegreat
01-07-05, 19:48
not going to happen

KK should just say fuck you AD were either close pandore or make it pvp your choice.

i doubt kk would hire the server to AD if they didnt earn money off it.

closing the server would be another stupid decision.

imper1um
01-07-05, 20:39
In rare occassions I think a little harshness is needed to slap reality back in place.
This community needs a hearty slap in the face once every eight seconds :/

eprodigy
01-07-05, 20:49
closing the server would be another stupid decision.
i thought kk paid THEM to run it? with the amount of people playing on it...

Jesterthegreat
01-07-05, 21:12
i thought kk paid THEM to run it?

why would they do that?

AD hire / own the server (hire iirc)

eprodigy
01-07-05, 21:57
oh i just thought KK paid them to run it, and KK kept the subscription money