PDA

View Full Version : Neocronicle 05-06-01

Arbiter
29-06-05, 15:26
Cruel DoY Attack from the Outzone
By William Frost

It started as a normal day, like any other day, until the Dome of York troops invaded Neocron. Some Cyborg Troops under the command of York succeeded in infiltrating Pepper Park. They killed countless civilians and caused a great deal of damage to the buildings.

At first view, the attack looked like an uncoordinated strike but it later became apparent that the massacre was well planned by an insane DoY commander. The cyborgs began their bloodbath at an inopportune time for Neocron. Most of the S.T.O.R.M. Bots were under the command of General Beckman on a training mission in the wastelands. So not only were our elite troops missing; an important Neocron General was with them.

Neocron's chances for victory were slim, but in this dark hour the citizens showed once more that they stand behind Reza. Without giving one thought to their safety, the Neocron citizens picked up their weapons, rushed into Pepper Park and showed the Dome of York that they are not welcome in Neocron!

The York Cyborgs outnumbered the Neocron citizens, but fortunately they were not as well equipped as the brave Neocron runners. It did not take long and first results were clearly visible. Under heavy plasma fire, the runners were able to push the Dome forces back into the Industrial Area. The Neocron defenders then forced the Dome back into the Outzone. In the Outzone the York Troops suddenly disappeared. Neocron was victorious, but at what price…

During the fight some of the defenders ceased fire from shock. The runners looked at the ugly cyborgs and it appeared that the defenders recognized them. Later, when the fighting was over, the cyborgs were researched. The magnitude of the crazy DoY attack became clear. Our own citizens attacked us!

In the last few issues of the Neocronicle we reported about the mysterious disappearances of people in the Outzone. We now know what happened. The Dome of York has built up a base in the Outzone. They have kidnapped defenseless citizens and mutants. In their base they made them slaves for this senseless attack. The technology parts the Dome needed for the cyborgs were seemingly stolen from the Crytons Shops. All bodies were buried with honor.

“This attack was a despicable example of the tactics of the Dome of York.” Govenor Jack Red stated with visible emotion in a recent press conference. “Rest assured, they will not get away with this! I will make sure that these pigs will pay for what they have done to us. We will avenge the death of every fallen Neocron citizen!”

Terra: Outzone Invasion - Neocronicle Exclusive Interview #1
By Jayden "Jay" McCoy

Several days ago, in the pandemonium that exploded in the Pepper Park and Outzone Sectors, a lone cry was heard in Pepper Park Sector 3 at the beginning of it all...

Cherry : What are York Troopers doing in Pepper Park 3?...

I managed to track down this loyal runner and got their take and initial shock on last weeks unexpected invasion.

Jayden : I heard you were one of the first to spot the DoY mobs in Pepper Park. Is that true?
Cherry : Yep, I was there.

Jayden : Great. What were you doing in Pepper Park 3 yesterday when you first discovered the Troopers?
Cherry : Going to buy a TL 3 heal. So I ran from plaza till PP3. I was looking at them and told my brother

Jayden : Fair enough. When you arrived in Pepper Park 3, what did the scene look like?
Cherry : In one word: Nasty. Those DoY soldiers are ugly. I first thought it was my mother-in-law! I was looking at them and told my brother, MediMuerto a melee tank, Shall i make them mad? So I shot some bullets in a DoY sergeant and ran like hell, 'cause I'm low lvl

Jayden : Hehe, smart move So what was you first reaction as far as what should be done about the invasion? Did you call for help anywhere?
Cherry : I told them on HELP Channel. I told them, "DOY TROOPERS IN PP3!".

Jayden : You are pro-city, correct?
Cherry : Yes, CityAdmin.

Jayden : So why not use Alliance? Just curious...
Cherry : Oh, sorry. I'm a little noobish! I needed help, so I called them on HELP Channel.

Jayden : Makes sense Well, thanks so much for your time - I have just one last question. How do you think Pro-City did fighting back the invasion?
Cherry : Hmmm... I think they did great cause few hours later I tried again, and Pepper Park 3 was clear of DoY Sergeants!

I thank you Cherry for your time and Reza thanks you for doing your part and looking out for our fair city. For more information on last weeks failed invasion, read William Frost's article, "Cruel DoY Attack from the Outzone".

Rokkwear repaired the Outfitters
by Grimm Snotrag Grimesby and Gurney Hallek

This reporter was well into his travels of the wastelands, but still near Neocron City, when he got a tip from a fellow investigator. Awed by the great news of a new source of clothing (scrounged ones are just not fashionably current, I must tell you.), I hurried immediately to CityAdmin HQ. Jack Red and Ms. Swift was present, surrounded by several very energetic runners. It took a while for everyone to calm down, but eventually, Mr. Red revealed that Rokkwear, the company that produces, maintains and develops outfits for the Outfitters, had sent out a call for help. Knowing the great demand for Outfitters, they felt that their convoy was in great risk of being attacked, so we runners were asked to guard the convoy as it travelled to Tech Haven to service the faulty Outfitters there. After much complaining of being asked to freely give their time to a Neocronian company in need, everyone went to the Main Neocron Gate, where the convoy was being gathered. There was a huge APC, glistening with dew. This clearly has been planned - the APC had been loaded early this morning. All around us, 4x4 jeeps are being readied. The shouting calms down, everything is organized, I hop into the APC, driven by Mr. Red. Almost as one, we start moving out.

We swing by Jeriko with no problems. The wolves look at this huge convoy and sprint away, their dirty and matted fur hardly hiding their deep grace and iron will to survive. We continue on north, the APC rumbling and juddering with every stone we roll over. The clanking of datacubes and spare Outfitter parts barely audible over the engine keeps me on edge. The shadows moving across my lap catch my eye. We're moving east, towards Tyron. The ground starts to become damper, a sign of recent rain. The jeeps are easily keeping up with the slow APC. Further behind us, I can see runners on foot straining to keep up. The APC stops suddenly.

This was a result of the convoy suddenly facing a large number of Neocron-hostile troops in a surprisingly well-executed road blockade. The Neocron-loyal Runners attacked the blockade and held off the rebels in rather even-ended fighting. At first it appeared that the guarding of the vehicle temporarily ceased to exist due to the sudden action, but our troops were able to divert attention from the carrier to the Neocron bodyguards, sustaining the convoy as a whole very minimal damage. After long fights with big losses on both sides, one carrier was able to reach the neutral trading zone of Tech Haven.

Ironside or Ironhead - A Study in Hunting a Ghost
by Grimm Snotrag Grimesby

Hello there, folks. Sorry for dropping out for so long, but I've been very preoccupied, hunting down what appears to be a ghost or an extremely skilled hider. I've lost count of all the bars, taverns, and clubs I've hit. I can palpably feel my liver rotting in this worn-out husk of flesh that is my body. My nights are sleepless, born of fear of unfamiliar surroundings and the inkling that I may be tracked. This is a lethal leader of a lethal band. Going solo into the Wastelands wasn't all that great an idea. At least the radiation pills I bargained for from that smuggler seem to be working. Not growing a third nut or having hands grow out of my ass yet, anyway.

Rumors of these Anarchist Bikers are all over the place. I've heard they attacked the Racetrack, for whatever reason, destroying many citizens vehicles and terrorizing bettors on the stands. They attacked Gravis and slaughtered many innocent people that were enjoying an impromptu party at the Outpost. Anarchist Camps in the Wastelands are getting larger than I recall them - there are so many of them, I worry about going anywhere. Yet I do it for you, dear readers. I also recently heard that they attacked a Twister Club situated deep in the wastelands, causing a great deal of property damage, but little loss in life to the defenders. These Anarchists seem so ready to lay down their lives, it seems baffling and disturbing.

I've exhausted all the dives and gathering spots of Neocron City. You wouldn't believe how ridiculous the people in these places can be. Nice drinks, though, especially when you can afford higher-grade stuff on a Neocronicle expense account. Appalled at the lack of news and gossip (only about this matter. The gossip and rumors are more than abundant concerning other matters), I have been forced to venture out into the Outzone and past them, into the Wastelands, to search for and directly contact these Anarchists.

So far, it has been a series of unmitigated disasters. All of the Anarchist camps are unremittingly hostile to outsiders. I've simply had no luck in even opening a dialogue with lone Anarchy Breed runners. I hold no hope for having better success if I succeed in finding one of these Biker members. Don't expect further updates anytime soon. The power pack I scrounged to power this antenna is losing its charge. Got to go no...!@#!12*)(((..........

Fabrication of the biometric ID Cards continues slowly
By William Frost

After the production location of the biometric ID Cards was completely decimated, the Neocronicle has good news concerning the useful items. The perpetrator of the horrendous crime, supposedly the leader of the production company, was arrested by CopBots yesterday evening, and was brought into the NCPD HQ for further investigations. The NCPD refuses to comment on its development and status.

Meanwhile, the production continues. In the recent weeks, the City Administration recruited an almost countless workers, who have replaced unfortunately lost employees.

“Obviously, we are unable to produce at 100%” Linda Emmerson, recruitment officer for the Biometric ID Card production crew, told us. She added, “Because of this, we have begun to look in public for competent runners who are able to help in our field of work.”

If you think that your knowledge about the creation of ID Cards is sufficient, report to at Linda Emmerson in the CityAdmin HQ.

Terra: 22 Killed in Brutal Terrorist Attacks!
by Freelance Reporter Philip Parker

Six City Admin and Two Tangent Technologies officials were killed last night in a string of attacks that have raised serious concerns over internal city security. All but one of the victims were assassinated using small explosive devices that had been planted in their homes, vehicles or offices. The last victim, Director Timon Sanchez, was found dead in his penthouse apartment this morning along with fourteen of his of his men. Another seven men were taken to hospital after suffering only minor injuries, but the NCPD have already released a statement explaining that the survivors were not able to assist them in identifying those responsible. According to the statement, the NCPD have also been unable to establish a connection between the officials involved, and no obvious motive has been found for the attack - The most likely theory is that the Dome of York are responsible, and City Admin are expected to make a press release to that effect later today. No one from City Admin was prepared to comment on the attacks before the press release, but one insider at Tangent has cast the Tangent victims in a negative light, stating that they "would not be missed". Never the less, until the case is solved, we can expect to see heightened security in the Plaza and Via Rosso districts.

Xephonas
29-06-05, 15:55
another good read, i like the DOY bit stealing people from outzone!

Spermy
29-06-05, 16:12
The terrorist attack in terra got me thinking - that would make a cool event for GMs to run. Mebbe approach Domers - probably spies - and give them packages to deliver to appartments in NC? Maybe the appartments are instanced like in the mr jones missions - and you had to stick a bomb inside a home term or something - i'm pretty sure it's easily doable! I'd place money on it! Plus that'd be cool - gives them a reason to be in NC - rather than mindless PKing.

I think that would be pretty cool, and it would be doable as a city thing too! The GMs should really have a lot more input into the game - i've had nothing from any of them since i've been back an' I miss em!

Infinite
29-06-05, 16:17
Nice read.
Anything to do would be nice.

If you think that your knowledge about the creation of ID Cards is sufficient, report to at Linda Emmerson in the CityAdmin HQ.
Well i looked.. guess there isn't a little misssion :(

Xephonas
30-06-05, 01:53
The terrorist attack in terra got me thinking - that would make a cool event for GMs to run. Mebbe approach Domers - probably spies - and give them packages to deliver to appartments in NC? Maybe the appartments are instanced like in the mr jones missions - and you had to stick a bomb inside a home term or something - i'm pretty sure it's easily doable! I'd place money on it! Plus that'd be cool - gives them a reason to be in NC - rather than mindless PKing.

I think that would be pretty cool, and it would be doable as a city thing too! The GMs should really have a lot more input into the game - i've had nothing from any of them since i've been back an' I miss em!

Tbh you could add a whole new aspect to the game, where doing stuff like assinating the Tangent director or something will help your faction in someway, so basically it's faction missions, but instead of getting some low ass 5000k reward, you could make these missions incredibly hard, so iff someone did assinate an NPC, they would have that bit in neocronicle about them assinating, adding a whole new section the other faction that got their director assinated, but i'm sure reakktor has already thought of that, right? :P

Ravin
13-07-05, 08:40

Heh, i really like this idea. This could even be implemented as a very hard citycom mission (or have a new category; extreme, heroic, OR you could have it say -CLASSIFIED- if youre under a certain faction sympathy). You could get a box from an npc in some doy faction hq, and u have to put it in a cabinet in an apartment somewhere... an npc in the hq gives you a hacked pw to a specially made apt, and your job is to go in and plant the bomb. Brilliant ^_^

This'd really only be possible to do if you were a spy tho, hard to move around in nc as an apu, tank or pe w/o a ppu. But still, awesome idea 8-)