PDA

View Full Version : Patch 136-137 Discussion

Thanatos
29-06-05, 14:57
Patch Notes (http://cp.neocron.com/5/patchnotes?lang=en&id=116&)

The servers will go down at 2:30 PM CET for approximately 1 hour.

Riddle
29-06-05, 15:01
Added maps and art files for content to be released in the next patch.

ooo what content might that be>? New maps :)

Like the sound of this other than that least another mem leak gone ;)

Terkantia
29-06-05, 15:01
yay!!

Selendor
29-06-05, 15:09
Has anyone seen the gamesmaster skins?

I'd also like to jump in early here and request you drop the prices of Flying vehicles next patch. Its an easy change, and will give you breathing room while you try and fix them.

Nullvoid
29-06-05, 15:10
Fixes geared towards stability, thumbs up!

Dribble Joy
29-06-05, 15:17
w00tage.

Eckhart
29-06-05, 15:23
Yey :)

Morganth
29-06-05, 15:25
Looking good!

I'd also like to jump in early here and request you drop the prices of Flying vehicles next patch. Its an easy change, and will give you breathing room while you try and fix them.

Or perhaps create an NPC that gives out free keys like they did for drones?

Spermy
29-06-05, 16:03
Sexual, as usual.

But that said the proof of the proverbial is in the ... other... proverbial...

Tratos
29-06-05, 16:07
By the sound of it this patch rules, well done KK keep up the stability fixes ;)

New maps.....O_o Hmmm.......

Also i wanna see the GM skins :D

EDIT: There now on the eff tee pee.

LiL T
29-06-05, 16:36
The last patch which fixes memory problems seems to have improved the memory leakage, lets see how this one helps :)

New maps o_O are these game maps, as in places or are they maps for the navray, if they are new places I can't wait to see them

Dribble Joy
29-06-05, 16:45
An aquaintance showed me his Moveon, which had an item tracking ID number, but none of his rares and none of mine (including my moveon) had one.

Are they supposed to show? Or they not fully integrated yet?

Jesterthegreat
29-06-05, 16:56
An aquaintance showed me his Moveon, which had an item tracking ID number, but none of his rares and none of mine (including my moveon) had one.

Are they supposed to show? Or they not fully integrated yet?

about 3 of mine show up out of the roughly 15-20 rare / epic items on average joe

Koshinn
29-06-05, 17:03
Where are the governors?

Jesterthegreat
29-06-05, 17:10
my other PE has 5 epic items (1 with an ID), and about 10 rares (none with an ID). oh and neither PE's SA has a number.

i gotta ask... is the visable number a bug or is the lack of number a bug? :p

Mighty Max
29-06-05, 17:13
Could it be that the ID is created on a specific action on already existing items? I.e. an (trackable) Item that was created after #134 hit have the ID, and the Item that is from a time before gets that ID on the first transfer?

Jesterthegreat
29-06-05, 17:17
i have pa's that i have left in my gogu since i lommed to pistol (months and months ago) that arent tracked. both my SA's transfered from NC1. my 3 libs were made early NC2.

nah pre #134 being ID'd and post #134 not being ID'd isnt it

Infinite
29-06-05, 17:47
Got 2 5 slot PEs 3 4 slot and a few 1/2 slot in a box - NON have IDs
Got SA/2 PPs/movon in a box - movon has 1.
PPU - all 5 slot ultimated spells from NC1/glove/DS/PP - non
5 slot HL and 5 slot NC1 HAB - neither lol

hmm :P

ArthurDent2k
29-06-05, 17:52
My 3Slot CS has an ID :)

Brammers
29-06-05, 18:03
Ok I better check out my faction medals later.

Tratos
29-06-05, 18:30
They've done something right, my menu actualy moves about (boxes changing size etc) and actualy flows for the first time since i started playing again, also logged in pretty quickly.

EDIT: From the German Comm Talk;
Pwitty Twophies: http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9155

Brammers
29-06-05, 21:40
Here's my two Faction Medals placed.

http://www.techhaven.org/albums/world/shot0018.sized.jpg

Now where is the Display cabinet KK! :D

CMaster
29-06-05, 22:16
Here's my two Faction Medals placed.

http://www.techhaven.org/albums/world/shot0018.sized.jpg

Now where is the Display cabinet KK! :D

Goddamn, I gotta get me some faction/alliance medals. Shame the faction I'm loyal too isnt the one I'm in...

Odin
29-06-05, 22:17
I'll have to check in but I believe the showing of the ID tags is not meant yet as Item Tracking is not ready to go.

LiL T
29-06-05, 22:39
Awsome can we have ones for the most killing of enemys plz and did not mean that as a joke, would be nice at least have some thing to show my services

Infinite
29-06-05, 23:15
A kill count that takes 1 away when u ally kill :)
Will it go into negative? :P

Jesterthegreat
29-06-05, 23:25
A kill count that takes 1 away when u ally kill :)
Will it go into negative? :P

lil t is CM... who's allied to CM exactly?

suits me. i dont ally kill at all.

Infinite
29-06-05, 23:30
lil t is CM... who's allied to CM exactly?

suits me. i dont ally kill at all.
Ok so maybe it was made up to suddenly and i didnt think about being neutral :P
Maybe clan wasrs could finally be implmented for something more than a useless page on the city com :)

eprodigy
29-06-05, 23:31
if someone shoots you, your obviously not their ally now are you

NC = CS now. simply because half the people playing I think are just doing what I do, logging in to shoot whoever they see.

Jesterthegreat
29-06-05, 23:34
Ok so maybe it was made up to suddenly and i didnt think about being neutral :P
Maybe clan wasrs could finally be implmented for something more than a useless page on the city com :)

whats the point?

when we made VENOM as CM i set us to war every big clan that was active.

i think 2 actually accepted it.

people would rather hide beind F6 than live in a mean, dirty, cyber punk world

Njall
30-06-05, 00:13
NC = CS now. simply because half the people playing I think are just doing what I do, logging in to shoot whoever they see.
When I play CS, if someone kills a teammate he's going to be kicked very quickly.
What a pity we can't do the same thing in Nc :p

people would rather hide beind F6 than live in a mean, dirty, cyber punk world
Well... you're, let's say a BT runner (just an example) who spend his time killing allies. The CA arrests you, a Protopharma doctor says you cannont be cured and you're executed for treason and murder. Will you delete your char or hide behind the rules ?
A game needs rules. F6 is just one of them for Neocron.
Now, if you want a dirty, pityless world when the rules let you can kill anyone, try Eve online...but life for pirates in this game is a lot harder than in Nc ;)

Jesterthegreat
30-06-05, 00:16
Well... you're, let's say a BT runner (just an example) who spend his time killing allies. The CA arrests you, a Protopharma doctor says you cannont be cured and you're executed for treason and murder. Will you delete your char or hide behind the rules ?
Now, if you want a dirty, pityless world when the rules let you can kill anyone, try Eve online...but life for pirates in this game is a lot harder than in Nc ;)

all your doing is making stuff up that isnt actually in the game... making your arguement completely null and void.

as for eve... beta'd it. spent about a month mining to get money before i thought "fuck this... i play a game to have fun, not click rocks all day"

oh and btw f6 isnt a rule.

:edit: what is a rule is 100pix, 6 lines of text, or a combo of the 2 as a sig. you break that rule. :p

Darkana
30-06-05, 01:02
all your doing is making stuff up that isnt actually in the game... making your arguement completely null and void.Then why are you talking about a "mean, dirty, cyber punk world"? This is not in the game either. Don't mix up RP with game mechanics. Njall is absolutely right in the RP context. Looking at it from the perspective you did renders his argument void, true, but your "mean, dirty, cyber punk world" becomes utter nonsense, too.

Anyway, I do hope these casting problems don't have anything to do with the patch, although I don't have much faith in this hope :(

LiL T
30-06-05, 01:56
When I play CS, if someone kills a teammate he's going to be kicked very quickly.
What a pity we can't do the same thing in Nc :p

Now, if you want a dirty, pityless world when the rules let you can kill anyone, try Eve online...but life for pirates in this game is a lot harder than in Nc ;) Life for pirates in eve is hard but it can be done, In eve I'm lowest of the low I kill anyone even noob ships for there loot every ship is lootable. In nc if I get that low I will lose everything without the carebear insurance eve online has for ships, eve is a carebear game now for both scum and good doers. I think NC is alot harder but eve is different carebears don't have there safeslot so when I enter a system with 15 people in it and its 0.3. It emptys pretty fast and lots of smack in local with no backing....

It's like the circle of life hehe the predator will always strike down his prey in every system, I always get the slow dumb cunt that is prolly macro mining or something.

Dribble Joy
30-06-05, 04:53
The balance of how far Rp intrudes into gameplay is tricky one.

In the case of PvP and possibly PvM mechanics it should have as little influenceas possible.

In the life of the runner and the consequences of that PvP/M action outside of it, RP should have an extensive, though most importantly unprohibitive effect.

The faction system is too integral and important to runner life. Working for one is a necessity, not a choice. This has lead to people thinking that what the factions stand for and how they would percieve any action as irrelevant, that being a member of a faction holds you no responsibility to act in it'sd interest and that they have no place punishing you for acting against them. The whole 'omfg i do wtf i want' mentality.

All of which is compounded by the symp/SL system that provides virtually nothing in the way of causality for your actions.

A viable factionless system and relevant symp infrastructure is what we need if this is ever going to feel like the game it is supposed to be.

Njall
30-06-05, 11:00
as for eve... beta'd it. spent about a month mining to get money before i thought "fuck this... i play a game to have fun, not click rocks all day"
Well... what would you say if someone creates a spy tradeskiller and says "fuck this, I don't play a game to construct things all day" ? ;) If you want to PvP in Eve, you can do it with one of the first ship available :)

In eve I'm lowest of the low I kill anyone even noob ships for there loot every ship is lootable. In nc if I get that low I will lose everything without the carebear insurance eve online has for ships, eve is a carebear game now for both scum and good doers.
I think it's easier to increase quickly your SL in NC than the SS in Eve. And copbots don't react as fast as the concord sentries. (example : Protolab = empire zone 0.9 or 1 : it's very easy to kill someone in the lab while it's suicide in an empire zone).

Jesterthegreat
01-07-05, 01:58
Well... what would you say if someone creates a spy tradeskiller and says "fuck this, I don't play a game to construct things all day" ? ;) If you want to PvP in Eve, you can do it with one of the first ship available :)

TRADESKILLER AS MY MAIN FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS. RESSING AND CSTING YOU GET INTERESTING RESULTS. MINING IN EVE YOU GET EXACTLY WHAT METAL IT TELLS YOU

:edit: ffs whats this shit? twice i have not noticed caps is on til after the post and remembered posting all in caps makes it lower case. why the hell has that stopped now?

ArthurDent2k
01-07-05, 13:39
So...this is about the Patch right? :D

Nidhogg
01-07-05, 14:00
So...this is about the Patch right? :D
What he said - stay on target.

N

Nullvoid
05-07-05, 17:53
Since it was only mentioned as an after the fact kinda thing, what was kk's aim with the *toning down* of runcasting? Why was it felt not worthy of a mention in the patch notes?

RogerRamjet
05-07-05, 18:48
Why was run casting nerfed anyway?

Jesterthegreat
05-07-05, 19:22

to give us something new to complain about? we need a change of subject every now and then ;)

Spermy
05-07-05, 20:20

Because apparently people wanted to fix the state monks are in at the moment...

Yeah I know, CRAZY. I dunno where they got THAT Idea from... :rolleyes:

RogerRamjet
05-07-05, 21:57
Yes, i understand that they wanna nerf the monks, but ive got a sneaking suspicion theres some other classes that rely on being able to run cast.

Spermy
05-07-05, 22:45
Yes, i understand that they wanna nerf the monks, but ive got a sneaking suspicion theres some other classes that rely on being able to run cast.

Touche :p

Sorry - But I am hideously jaded at the mo :p