PDA

View Full Version : Gliders: No <3

40$Poser
28-06-05, 23:10
well over the past week I've decided to invest into vehicles on my droner spy. I've realized how undeveloped the gliders are, so many issues seem to occur when they are used. So far I've encountered the following odd occurences when using them

-Long Syncs seems to trigger a loss of being in the air and so you drop down to mountain side/tree level and you get that nice boom noise right as you synch in. Unpleasant, but it's more of an issue with lagged out synching.

-Glider vanishing while in use, relogging to find the glider stuck in a small little bush and no way to make it move.

-Then the inventory of my character goes haywire. took me about 8 relogs to get my inventory back to normal

-Soullight / Faction Symp goes haywire. Don't know if I warped into someone else's body or what, but it did fix after of course a relog.

-When zoning you randomly lose health and glider takes damage for no reason whatsoever

---

Now I know people have suggested theme weeks and what not, but for the few of us who have characters who take advantage of being able to drive the glider issue is probably the most buggy thing I've encountered in all the time I've played neocron. Sure NC is a buggy game, but it's sometimes to the point where gliders are pointless to even have in the game.

The big question is reakktor even looking into glider bugs and perhaps making them a more consistent and trust worthy form of vehicle choice?

Toxen
29-06-05, 00:42
Gliders have been a bug bear right back from the first time they were temporarily introduced wayyy back in a beta, and now their updated cousins follow in the traditions, but most of the glider bugs stem basicly from two area's 1) the zoning sequence which i've talked about in a number of posts that the entire way people zone needs to be re-ordered at least to reduce these problems or completely redesigned, I'd love to see NC go zoneless but doubt that would ever happen. 2) The improved physics in NC2 ie the fall damage factor, this when tied with invisible objects, ceilings and infinite height objects causes a nightmare for gliders.

-Long Syncs seems to trigger a loss of being in the air and so you drop down to mountain side/tree level and you get that nice boom noise right as you synch in. Unpleasant, but it's more of an issue with lagged out synching.

Basicly you and your vechial zone in seperately and you then returned to your seat lag in the zone means you don't get placed in the seat.

-Glider vanishing while in use, relogging to find the glider stuck in a small little bush and no way to make it move.

Vechs vanishing while in use quite common, cause havent got a clue, relogin isn't usually nessicary just get off and vech usually reappears, as for getting stuck in a bush think thats just one of those random freak events that doesn't regularly happen

-Then the inventory of my character goes haywire. took me about 8 relogs to get my inventory back to normal

-Soullight / Faction Symp goes haywire. Don't know if I warped into someone else's body or what, but it did fix after of course a relog.

Common bugs, well known about not associated with gliders.

-When zoning you randomly lose health and glider takes damage for no reason whatsoever

*points to top of post* ok have you ever been in a sector and seen this random deafult character model drop from the sky usualy at the reset point.... (im making some guesses here as I havent had time to do exstensive testing on this.) This is someone thats just zoned into the sector inside a vech as I said above body zones in seperately, this body falls to the floor, and you get fall damage in the leg area when you zone in vechs, trust me this happens as much in land vechs as in gliders.

Biggest problem here is the zoning sequence think once thats sorted I think alot of the other problems will sort themselves out.

40$Poser
29-06-05, 00:50
that's a poor way of handling how a person in a vehicle loads, plus if your in a vehicle flying, more complicated with landing ect to get a heal off and take off again.

as for the symp/soul light that's the only time I've seen it happen and it was while I was flying in a warzone.

Mr Kot
29-06-05, 03:09
When zoning you randomly lose health and glider takes damage for no reason whatsoever

I know this isn't helping much, but here's a typical KK RP "fiddle" to match the bug:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, as we approach the canyon sectors we may expect a little turbulence, due to fast rising thermal currents. For your own safety, please place your trays in an upright position and fasten your seatbelts."

There ya go... it's not a bug, it's turbulence! Throws you about a bit and hurts you... damages the aircraft too.

:angel:

40$Poser
29-06-05, 05:50
hate to see what an rp version of fatal runtime errors would be lol

Clive tombstone
29-06-05, 08:25
/Rp-Now If you look out to left wing of the plane, youll see... Oops I have been informed the pilot has just went into a coma. Please pray to whichever god you worship now, and Pray the entire glider Hits what ever it does, at a speed which kills us all Instantly, rather than slowly and painfully. That being said, We are glad youv'e chosen to fly with NC AIR, even though it wasnt the right choice, now was it? Have a nice day :D /RP end

Something like that? :D

PEace out

Xeno LARD
29-06-05, 08:51
Gliders are shit these days and a complete waste of time and money.

They should have never been implemented as they are now, they're simply not working.

On the other hand, they're one of the few new things in NC2. o_O

40$Poser
29-06-05, 09:07
Gliders are shit these days and a complete waste of time and money.

They should have never been implemented as they are now, they're simply not working.

On the other hand, they're one of the few new things in NC2. o_O

agreed, but in the brief moments they do work they are great.

Asurmen Spec Op
29-06-05, 09:22
agreed, but in the brief moments they do work they are great. untill you try to do a backflip

Selendor
29-06-05, 10:55
As usual the temporary fix is staring KK in the face and they haven't done anything about it. MAKE THEM CHEAP AS CHIPS. Then we won't care that they crash as much.

40$Poser
29-06-05, 18:13
As usual the temporary fix is staring KK in the face and they haven't done anything about it. MAKE THEM CHEAP AS CHIPS. Then we won't care that they crash as much.

and put a vendor for them inside nc until they aren't so bad ;0

LiL T
29-06-05, 18:23
Agreed something like 25k maybe then fighting with them will increase and add more fun to fights at opwars.

40$Poser
29-06-05, 19:11
while on the topic of vehicles, I've been searching for a doy bomber for a few days, seems like there in no FA on terra anymore ;0

Asurmen Spec Op
29-06-05, 20:52
while on the topic of vehicles, I've been searching for a doy bomber for a few days, seems like there in no FA on terra anymore ;0 My rl friend has FSM, just DM asurmen some time, I have no life ill be on :)