PDA

View Full Version : NC & WoW prices

Vae Victis
28-06-05, 19:09
Does anyone know what WoW costs for half a year?
NC is about 45-50 euros for half a year..

howmuch does WoW costs?

was thinking about trying it out since BAD ASS, Skuld and slutsumi play it.. they told me to try it out.. hell they think I might even like it :p

eprodigy
28-06-05, 20:06
ignoring your question ;): yeah i am also about to buy it also, what server is all the NC players on ?

Spermy
28-06-05, 20:28
ignoring your question ;): yeah i am also about to buy it also, what server is all the NC players on ?

You can find rangers on dragonmaw... Or the SSX on bladefist.

As for pricings - I suggest you ask on the WoW forums :P

Vae Victis
28-06-05, 20:30
i know that BAD ASS, Skuld and slutsumi are on gorifine or something
TheJester is gonna play it :(
oh and Akasha also plays with them.
so its gonna be the old NCAT again :p

Spermy
28-06-05, 20:33
i know that BAD ASS, Skuld and slutsumi are on gorifine or something
TheJester is gonna play it :(
oh and Akasha also plays with them.
so its gonna be the old NCAT again :p

It's actually NOT that bad - I was thinking it would be twee fairies and stuff... thankfully I was wrong :) it's pretty enjoyable - Come Payday I'll be keeping a regular sub to it as well as NC.

Vae Victis
28-06-05, 20:50
btw WoW prices:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/faq/

it's in there.
not much difference from NC.
I'll be trying it in 3 weeks (going to spain for 11 days next monday)

Jesterthegreat
28-06-05, 21:07
most of NCAT play on a US server, i think its rick (AliG) who plays on the europeon servers.

personally i played it for a while and i can see why its considered best of its genre... its a damn good turn based, click and wait game... but its still turn based click and wait.

i like my games to invoile skill... not just timing your "press 2 now for an attack"

in nc i have to move, watch my buffs, constantly aim, watch for ppu's especially, shoot, reload, db, heal and god knows what else.

in WoW i clicked a monster, clicked attack, then watched it die. occasionally pressing 2 to unleash my uber leet atack.

theres no adrenaline... theres no rush...

ZoVoS
28-06-05, 21:12
its an incredably fun and adictive game, its the games i have been brought up on... that said, in mmo terms its not my cup of tea for the moment

im still waiting for a cyber punk game with the same sort of interface,

FALLOUT ONLINE, omg that would be heaven, if they tweak it a lil more cyber punk a lil less post apocalips

oh and about 78 dollers aint it?

Jesterthegreat
28-06-05, 21:15
a "fallout online" game would have alot to live up to.

it would never meet the hype. but i would love it too :p

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040702l.jpg

:edit: with interplay bankrupt while technically owning the rights to do a fallout MMO... it's not likely :p

NiMBle
28-06-05, 21:35
WoW isnt bad at all, good game, gets boring though.

I'm on Al'Akir
Ascention (decent maybe too), Xtro and some other Phoenix including Digestive Biscuit are in the Immunity guild.

The rush is there Jester, just have to start pvp. Havent done much lately but even on my like lvl 20 Shammy (omfg nerf nerf) killing the gnome bastards that I saw around Hillsbrad was awesome, and then killing lvl 30+ NE's in Ashenvale was great too. The PvP is very fun, its just getting to the PvP level thats a bitch.

ZoVoS
28-06-05, 21:36
lmao love the comic,

surly they could sell the rites to sumbody who knows how to make a game, like andrew gower of runescape

basicaly the entier game is programed by 1 person with a spereate program he worte for modifieng bits of the game, there are a few extra programers now, but certain things are never shared with the magority like the savegame scripting and such

(p.s. rs is a example of a game written by a small team, they thought big but made small and evolved it instead of doing it all in one go and geting nothing right)

the game would seriously pown, i would after my many yaers of playing, actualy consider quitting nc and every other game i play to totaly invest my time in it

NiMBle
28-06-05, 21:40
Twilight War (http://www.TwilightWar.com/) is the only MMO I'm looking forward to seeing, cool storyline, looks like good times with the 'mugging' etc. The other games out there just seem to be repeats of everything, e.g WoW is the classic 'Ugly monsta wit sword kill joo' kinda game, but done to maybe the best possible.

oh and Darkfall isnt looking to bad... lol... 'A game made by gamers, for gamers.'

Jesterthegreat
28-06-05, 21:50
theres various looking good that will be beta'd this year.

oh and the combat system is almost identical to every other mmo out there. i spent years pvping on DAoC and WoW is the same game, but bigger and better. still the same combat though.

still just about pressing the numbers at the right time.

:edit: i was gonna refresh my memory at www.mmorpg.com but it seems to have gone down now...

Morganth
28-06-05, 22:57
I played it for 4 months, capped a character and leveled three others to around lvl20 and got bored. Loads of people said the high end content and PvP was what the game was all about, but I disagree. PvP became boring because it revolved around zerging, and that you were screwed if you had low hlt/mana, and grinding instances got boring after the 10th time, just to get an item. I had more fun capping my Shaman than I did when I hit 60, but I'd say its very nice for PvM and looks decent, so give it a go.

If you see HATE on Al'Akir (Horde), then that will be led by my Cartel friends :p

Vae Victis
29-06-05, 01:54
I saw the PvP video Cannings made (can possibly host link on here if you want) and I gotta say.. it's nothing like NC.
He just stood there, constantly attacking the enemy (as jester said, click and wait) and kinda watched him die.
he stood there, not moving not even healing coz the enemy was running away.
As far as I've seen, you die fairly quick.
I remember 1 fight I had in nc1, no zoning no whining.. just 1 v 1.
that fight lasted about 15 minutes (I know since I had a hightech pistol PE with a executioner) and shortly after I killed him/her my whiteflash ran for the 3rd time (= 15 minutes).
stealth though for the drugflash... so shorten it with 1-2 minutes max.

I don't mind leveling at all, as long as I can explore and meet/do new things.
I've seen all the mobs in NC. I know where it's best to level. I know which sectors are the best to hunt in. Leveling gets boring because you know this.
WoW world is 20x bigger than the NC world (so I've heard)
Therefore I expect it to have many different mobs.
I'm gonna try it in 3 weeks and I've already picked my class and race.
Shaman, Tauren.
I'll have a fulltime job in 3 weeks and in janurai I'm leaving for the marines, but I'm sure I can find time to play WoW, and possibly cap.
Trish (Akasha) has the UK version of the game but plays US server (same as BAD ASS Skuld and slutsumi, now recently TheJester)
since I think NC is boring 'cause of the populations, and I hear WoW has over a million (bet it's not) people playing, and I know 60% of the old NCAT are playing it... Why not try it out myself? BAD ASS already offered me his old account with a lvl 33 character on it, but I refused since I want to do it from the start, not buy a character thats halfway cap and not knowing ANYTHING about the game.

I seriously given up PvP, if I see a red I'll attack it, but I'm not going to look for any reds.
why? busy (but good) RL and I cba putting the same effort into WoW as I did in neocron because I know I'll be gone in half a year.
(plus WoW has better payment methods than NC.)

I don't know if it's a carebear game, I know I'm possibly the most anti carebear person (PPU character) you'll meet in NC, unless we're friends which I highly doubt, I didn't give a shit about anything, I did what I wanted and noone told me what to do (normally it's PPUs following orders, in our clan it was me bossing the APUs around who to antibuff and to kill :D, ask Jester on his monk ;))
anyway I'm gonna give it a go.
(This probably raised my carebear-level with 5, so my level is 5)
same now, I don't care what you all think about WoW.
I know 60% of NCAT enjoys it, and they think I'll enjoy it.
And I know 6 of the ingame friends I met IRL play WoW and they enjoy it.
recently talked to one of them because he was gonna throw some balls and I had to work behind the bar (bowling alley...) so he told me about WoW and if I ever wanted to play I'd just give him a call 'cause he had a spare copy :p

I also know most people on this forum say WoW sucks, but those are the people who love NC (*cough* suck in NC) and will probably refuse to ever play anything else again.
I don't need a plasma cannon to shoot all those queer fairies and elves (BAD ASS said there are no fairies tbh:p)

I'm 100% sure the WoW community is way better than neocron's :lol:
(can't get any worse than this community :D)

eprodigy
29-06-05, 02:11
sort of how i feel

im also thinking about it because i feel more like a mmorpg then a CS shooter (which is unfortunetly what NC has become) and am actually looking for pvp that isnt so on the edge of my seat like NC.

Vae Victis
29-06-05, 02:14
plus WoW doesn't have PPUs :D
(they have shamans :))

eprodigy
29-06-05, 02:19
this time IM playing whichever class is overpowered

seeing as everyone does it here

Infinite
29-06-05, 02:33
i like my games to invoile skill... not just timing your "press 2 now for an attack"

in nc i have to move, watch my buffs, constantly aim, watch for ppu's especially, shoot, reload, db, heal and god knows what else.

in WoW i clicked a monster, clicked attack, then watched it die. occasionally pressing 2 to unleash my uber leet atack.

Bingo, i played the new free linage 37X XP server for a short period, granted i only got to like lvl 30 or something but it didnt do it for me.
Played SWG fora 14 day period and couldnt find n e 1 overt to even die to :s

ZoVoS
29-06-05, 03:01
to be fair we have a nice community under the surface off asshats, to be fair its the most RP'ing comunity in any game u could find, we are all total twats to strangers, shoot em and laugh, but for our friends we would give rares re buff and die repeatidly for just to save there sorry asses, u may not see this as RP but teh comunity is actualy great :D

like the emails say at teh start of the game, chose ur friends carefuly, and u wont realy survive long if u dont have any =]

enjoy WoW, in reality the did make a great game, sohuld say it suks cos i wuv neocron :D but i played it my self, it is good, u cant say the pvp is a no brainer, ye u dont need lightnin fast reaction times like in nc but u need just asmany tactics, like who needs anti buff and where the nib buff goes lol, in point and click its less about reactions more about tactical fighting

Vae Victis
29-06-05, 12:42
eprodigy; I can't say PPUs are overpowered.
I can however tell you my nc1 PPU was more "overpowered" than my nc2 PPU.
shelters already had a silence nerf but noone ever really noticed.
I noticed.
I play PPU for 3 years now, in the era where hybrids ruled the sectors (like before the DS/psi core nerf) I had a hybrid. Hybrids then were overpowered.
Hybrids now are a joke compared to the original hybrids.

PPU is not overpowered if you look at the current (Terra) situation.
zerg everywhere. if you wanna see something overpowered look at FF.
Their PPUs suck 1 by 1, all of em. but the way they use a PPU can be called overpowered. I bet they use 8 PPUs just to paraspam people (this is with 2 damagedealers). Tho as soon as they get antibuffed they zone down. "overpowered"? yes. good/godlike/untouchable? hell no.

Overpowered is another word for saying "They rox I sux but I don't want to admit it."
there is no such thing as overpowered. it all depends on your own skill and the other person's skill.

Yeah I know Shaman in WoW is overpowered. And I'm gonna play it. I don't care what people think of Shamans or being overpowered.

it's the so-called overpowered classes that get all the nerfs.
any idea how hard it is to get nerfed every patch? tweaking your setup every patch?
damn boy, be glad you play an "underpowered" class :D

Capt. Rik
29-06-05, 13:09
Just have to say that i love WoW and since i hit lvl 60 i've enjoyed it even more.

The new battlegrounds that were patched in recently are awesome - 40 vs 40 on a massive map trying to capture and hold objectives whilst killing players and bosses is totally nuts - hours can easily pass when you get involved.

Or you can sign up for the 10 vs 10 capture the flag. Games take about 30-60 minutes and are great fun as well

Probably 50% of the games total horde players play shamans but they are cool and if it gets more numbers onto the vastly outnumbered horde then i'm cool with that.

I run my own guild of 60+ members and i'm in with a group of people who raid dungeons together regularly. We're going to try the end-game content (Molten Core) this weekend and are gearing up to fight some of the big nasty bosses (Onyxia, Kazzak etc...)

Vae Victis
29-06-05, 14:39
I heard BAD ASS and Skuld talk about Molton Core (or whatever).
Didn't know what it was but I'll soon find out myself :p
I'm gonna join their guild for sure, as they are the only people I know.
Being in Europe, though, and them in the USA, is bad. I'd have to play during the evening/nights if I wanna play with them.
Ah well.. Guess I can level solo.. always leveled solo in NC... shouldn't be that hard after I'm familiar with all the mobs/items/rpos etc.

E. Cryton
29-06-05, 14:59
molten core ...
pff
no need to do that high lvl instance if u pvp all the time ...

u get the best equipment if u kill ppl all day long.

Vae Victis
29-06-05, 15:15
lol Eric I didn't know u play WoW :p

vashtyphoon78
29-06-05, 15:35
expensive...i know for a month its 15 US not like NC is about 12 US. but heh i might go bacm soon too =P
BTW in wow you dont level, you quest quest quest quest quest quest quest quest, hey look im level 60!

Lothar IB
29-06-05, 16:10
My guild hardly has any shamans at all and i really don't see that many out there vs other classes, the most i see is rogues.

Leveling solo is ok and the way i play most times, But, you should find a guild to play with who can help you out when you want or need it. Some stuff in the game is impossible to do without a group. Right now i have a lot of elite mission that i will hardly get exp for because i like to solo so much but still can't complete on my own because the mobs are so strong.

Also i disagree highly with jester and others who say all you do is click and hit buttons, pvp and playing in a group of any sort is not often like that. And if you get real picky clicking and hitting buttons is all you do in any game. But there can be a boredom factor in fighting the average mob out in the world over and over. Go into a dungeon or fight a real player and it is a whole different story.

I've played both alliance and horde and it may just be the servers i choose but alliance always seems to be total zergs when it comes to fights and always ganking lowbies. Not that horde doesn't do it as well just seems not as often. :D

Sides Horde has kewler dance moves and that all that matters!

Jesterthegreat
29-06-05, 16:44
as i said... i think its the best of that type of game.

best of luck to ya mate. i dont think you will enjoy the lack of rush... but you gotta try it for yourself i guess :p

NiMBle
29-06-05, 18:28
Trust me, the rush is there. It just doesnt stay for long.

Like NC, I use to get the shakes (we all know what that is.) when I'd be running through PP and get layed into with a CS, turn round and 'ave a go at him. After maybe 6 months that disappeared.

and WoW's high end content is enjoyable, Battlegrounds is fun, as is the Alterac Valley etc. and being able to do things like Onyxia in huge groups is always refreshing. PvP is fun, PvM is... fun in groups.

I may be moving to Daggerspine to reunite with an old NC1 friend (Dr. Aeon) as Al'Akir seems to have a lack of people who want to PvP, especially on the Alliance side.

Lusion
29-06-05, 22:43
most of NCAT play on a US server, i think its rick (AliG) who plays on the europeon servers.

personally i played it for a while and i can see why its considered best of its genre... its a damn good turn based, click and wait game... but its still turn based click and wait.

The problem is you are comparing wow PvE to NC PvP. Try pressing attack and watching a player die...tell me how that goes. You will get rolled. There is no clicking and waiting in level 60 pvp. Your post is like someone on the wow forums who played NC to /5 talking about how all you do is kill rats in neocron.

I am not a fan of people talking out thier ass about games they know little to nothing about....whether it be a neocron n00b saying the whole game is based on killing rats, or a wow n00b saying that all you have to do is click and wait for the monster/player to die. That works well until about..hrmm..level 3?

Both neocron and wow have thier ups and downs, its all about what you would rather play. Neocron is more pvp based, ill give you that, and because obtaining rares is so easy its all about skill vs skill. In world of warcraft, someone who plays 70+ hours a week and has epic gear out the wazoo will dummy someone who just hit 60 and has green gear....no matter how good that guy plays. On the other hand, the tactics involved in wow pvp (especially in ctf) is 500 times more advanced then anything in neocron. PvE in wow is even moreso advanced, killing a 127/127 mob in neocron is a joke. Killing onyxia or ragnoros in wow takes 40 people, everyone doing the exact right thing with a wicked strategy. No pve encounter in nc takes anywhere NEAR the skill to complete then onyxia/rag in wow.

Its all about what you want more, FPS skill (whoever can aim better) or strategy skill (whoever can outthink/strategize). Both are skills, neither is better then the other. Its preference.

as i said... i think its the best of that type of game.

best of luck to ya mate. i dont think you will enjoy the lack of rush... but you gotta try it for yourself i guess :p

Do you know what 60v60 pvp is like in wow? How can you say there is a lack of rush when you have no idea? Again, this is like a player who tried NC for 5 minutes saying there is a lack of rush because he didn't enjoy killing sewer rats. Come on...

Jesterthegreat
29-06-05, 23:32
The problem is you are comparing wow PvE to NC PvP. Try pressing attack and watching a player die...tell me how that goes. You will get rolled. There is no clicking and waiting in level 60 pvp. Your post is like someone on the wow forums who played NC to /5 talking about how all you do is kill rats in neocron.

I am not a fan of people talking out thier ass about games they know little to nothing about....whether it be a neocron n00b saying the whole game is based on killing rats, or a wow n00b saying that all you have to do is click and wait for the monster/player to die. That works well until about..hrmm..level 3?

Both neocron and wow have thier ups and downs, its all about what you would rather play. Neocron is more pvp based, ill give you that, and because obtaining rares is so easy its all about skill vs skill. In world of warcraft, someone who plays 70+ hours a week and has epic gear out the wazoo will dummy someone who just hit 60 and has green gear....no matter how good that guy plays. On the other hand, the tactics involved in wow pvp (especially in ctf) is 500 times more advanced then anything in neocron. PvE in wow is even moreso advanced, killing a 127/127 mob in neocron is a joke. Killing onyxia or ragnoros in wow takes 40 people, everyone doing the exact right thing with a wicked strategy. No pve encounter in nc takes anywhere NEAR the skill to complete then onyxia/rag in wow.

Its all about what you want more, FPS skill (whoever can aim better) or strategy skill (whoever can outthink/strategize). Both are skills, neither is better then the other. Its preference.

Do you know what 60v60 pvp is like in wow? How can you say there is a lack of rush when you have no idea? Again, this is like a player who tried NC for 5 minutes saying there is a lack of rush because he didn't enjoy killing sewer rats. Come on...

the combat system is neigh on identicle to that of Dark Age of Camelot which i played for years and years. i have done just about every type of PvP on that combat system. sure in DAoC it was sometimes fun to rush an enemy keep and slaughter them all... but its nothing compared to the NC PvP rush.

and "strategy" is pressing "5"... unless you block, then you press "6" for your super block counter attack... i'll take NC anyday :p

that said... if i hadnt played NC i would still be playing DAoC. and if i was still playing DAoC i would prolly move over to WoW. its the best i have seen for that kind of game... but that kind of game is totally different to this one, and having known iCe as long as i have i dont think he will enjoy it.

but if he's gonna try it then good luck to him (as i said)

Lusion
30-06-05, 17:08
and "strategy" is pressing "5"... unless you block, then you press "6" for your super block counter attack... i'll take NC anyday :p

Use that strategy against Onyxia. Tell me how you do.

Ill tell you my guild's strategy for Onyxia....

1) Group 1 north west, group 2 north east, group 3 east, group 4 south east, group 5 south, group 6 south west, group 7 west, group 8 mid

2) group 4/6 are welps (mage/warlock/priest/warrior/rogue x2)

3) group 1/2 are main tank and main tank backup groups (priest/warrior/druid/warlock/shaman)

4) healing rotation is:
4a) grp 1 priest, grp 1 druid, grp 1 shaman
4b) grp 2 priest, grp 2 druid, grp 2 shaman
4c) most available priest, second most available priest/druid, most available shammy

5) stage 1 - 5 minutes - MT takes onyxia, drags her to north wall, casters along south boarder - no dps until full sunder armor/mt says to start dps

6) casters during stage 1 must go low dps to ensure they dont pull aggro, rogues must constantly fade, grp 1/2 warlocks must be in north position to give the mt's pet buff

7) about 5-10% in, start full dps for 2-3 minutes

8) stage 2 begins...everyone take positions mentioned in 1), noone can be more then 3 or 4 body lengths away from each other or they will encourage onyxia to "deep breath" which is basically a wipe if she does

9) welp pit groups in position for spawning welps, all casters in range begin FULL dps on onyxia, priests/warlocks keep max debuf slots full on onyxia to discourage deep breath

10) stage 2 takes 4-6 minutes usually, and is the easiest stage as long as everyone keeps thier positions and dont bunch up

11) stage 3 begins - onyxia lands. mt takes ahold of onyxia, everyone stays AWAY FROM THE TAIL and runs to the NE/NW corners to ensure they dont get knocked into the whelp pits
11a) people will most likely get knocked into the pits, all warlocks/mages must be ready to aoe large bunches of whelps

12) once mt has onyxia to the north, light dps begins. when mt gets feared dps STOPS until mt gets onyxia back

13) at ~10%, full dps begins.

This is a very basic strategy for onyxia. I didn't go into detail...ooc ressers, buffing/debuffing specifics, lair navigation during stage 3 when the lava is spiking, etc.

This is an example of pve. Pvp strategy is even more complicated, considering there are literally hundreds of different types of buffs and debuffs in the game. A good player will know when and how to get rid of each one of these hundreds of debuffs. A bit of a different world from neocron...where there are basically 2 or 3 debuffs...para, dmg boost and poison. Again thats why its a different type of skill. FPS skill vs strategy. The closest thing to strategy in neocron is playing a ppu, because you have to know when to buff, when to heal, who to heal, who to buff...it can get hectic trying to keep your group alive. With that said, its INCREDIBLY easy to play a healer in neocron because they are next to invincible. In most mmo's, the healer is a weak class that has to be protected by the group.

It comes down to what you prefer....strategy vs hand-eye-coordination. Two different types of skills. Both games require both skills, but are heavy in one corner. Neocron requires ALOT of hand-eye-coordination...but having only very few buffs/debuffs it doesn't require alot of strategy. People flame fantasy mmo's for being "point and click", when really neocron is also point and click...point your aimer at the player and click to fire. wow on the other hand requires ALOT of strategy....i mean look at a mage or warlock....TONS of spells, debuffs, dots, etc compared to an APU who basically will just spam one or two spells over and over. Alot of strategy required, but only little hand-eye coordination.

Myself? I like both...so I play both. FPS is great, takes alot of skill to kill the other player. Also, strategy is fun...winning a match of CTF against one of the best guilds on the server is huge. Both are a great time, I choose both.

E. Cryton
30-06-05, 20:23
lol Eric I didn't know u play WoW :p
i do, lvl 60 rogue :)
but i suck in pvp >.<

btw, tell me when u'r online, want u to powerlvl my gunz char, i'm lvl 5 and too lazy to keep on killing ppl to get a better weapon.
ass.

Vae Victis
30-06-05, 20:45
i do, lvl 60 rogue :)
but i suck in pvp >.<

btw, tell me when u'r online, want u to powerlvl my gunz char, i'm lvl 5 and too lazy to keep on killing ppl to get a better weapon.
ass.
i quit playing gunz :p

E. Cryton
30-06-05, 23:17
nibbish nib...
i bet it was too hard for u -.- ..

so what are u playing now ?

Jesterthegreat
01-07-05, 02:11
Use that strategy against Onyxia. Tell me how you do.

Ill tell you my guild's strategy for Onyxia....

1) Group 1 north west, group 2 north east, group 3 east, group 4 south east, group 5 south, group 6 south west, group 7 west, group 8 mid

2) group 4/6 are welps (mage/warlock/priest/warrior/rogue x2)

3) group 1/2 are main tank and main tank backup groups (priest/warrior/druid/warlock/shaman)

4) healing rotation is:
4a) grp 1 priest, grp 1 druid, grp 1 shaman
4b) grp 2 priest, grp 2 druid, grp 2 shaman
4c) most available priest, second most available priest/druid, most available shammy

5) stage 1 - 5 minutes - MT takes onyxia, drags her to north wall, casters along south boarder - no dps until full sunder armor/mt says to start dps

6) casters during stage 1 must go low dps to ensure they dont pull aggro, rogues must constantly fade, grp 1/2 warlocks must be in north position to give the mt's pet buff

7) about 5-10% in, start full dps for 2-3 minutes

8) stage 2 begins...everyone take positions mentioned in 1), noone can be more then 3 or 4 body lengths away from each other or they will encourage onyxia to "deep breath" which is basically a wipe if she does

9) welp pit groups in position for spawning welps, all casters in range begin FULL dps on onyxia, priests/warlocks keep max debuf slots full on onyxia to discourage deep breath

10) stage 2 takes 4-6 minutes usually, and is the easiest stage as long as everyone keeps thier positions and dont bunch up

11) stage 3 begins - onyxia lands. mt takes ahold of onyxia, everyone stays AWAY FROM THE TAIL and runs to the NE/NW corners to ensure they dont get knocked into the whelp pits
11a) people will most likely get knocked into the pits, all warlocks/mages must be ready to aoe large bunches of whelps

12) once mt has onyxia to the north, light dps begins. when mt gets feared dps STOPS until mt gets onyxia back

13) at ~10%, full dps begins. pve? no biggie. the mobs are much better is WoW. every mob in NC is soloable given the right stratagy and char.

This is a very basic strategy for onyxia. I didn't go into detail...ooc ressers, buffing/debuffing specifics, lair navigation during stage 3 when the lava is spiking, etc.

This is an example of pve. Pvp strategy is even more complicated, considering there are literally hundreds of different types of buffs and debuffs in the game. A good player will know when and how to get rid of each one of these hundreds of debuffs. A bit of a different world from neocron...where there are basically 2 or 3 debuffs...para, dmg boost and poison. Again thats why its a different type of skill. FPS skill vs strategy. The closest thing to strategy in neocron is playing a ppu, because you have to know when to buff, when to heal, who to heal, who to buff...it can get hectic trying to keep your group alive. With that said, its INCREDIBLY easy to play a healer in neocron because they are next to invincible. In most mmo's, the healer is a weak class that has to be protected by the group. try using a really strict and complex plan like that in PvP. oh and dont tell me people use "hundreeds of types of buffs and debuffs". in all games theres the debuffs best to use. ones that aree worth the time spent using your mana and using your "healer" time. if you sat there using all the debuffs your team would drop. theres always the best few that get used.

It comes down to what you prefer....strategy vs hand-eye-coordination. Two different types of skills. Both games require both skills, but are heavy in one corner. Neocron requires ALOT of hand-eye-coordination...but having only very few buffs/debuffs it doesn't require alot of strategy. People flame fantasy mmo's for being "point and click", when really neocron is also point and click...point your aimer at the player and click to fire. wow on the other hand requires ALOT of strategy....i mean look at a mage or warlock....TONS of spells, debuffs, dots, etc compared to an APU who basically will just spam one or two spells over and over. Alot of strategy required, but only little hand-eye coordination.
thats not stratagy. thats timing. try playing a good FPS against a world class player... thats stratagy.

Myself? I like both...so I play both. FPS is great, takes alot of skill to kill the other player. Also, strategy is fun...winning a match of CTF against one of the best guilds on the server is huge. Both are a great time, I choose both.

i like a stratagy... but it no longer consists of timing my number presses.

Vae Victis
01-07-05, 16:32
nibbish nib...
i bet it was too hard for u -.- ..

so what are u playing now ?im playing nc1 and some of the final fantasy series (7, 8 and 10, atm 10)

Lothar IB
01-07-05, 17:21
Sorry but cannot agree with you jester, you are wrong and you keep showing how little time and progression you actually had in WoW. Nothing wrong with that, first ten levels i thought were boring as hell. There are hundreds of spells, buffs and debuffs. They are almost all used. I can only think of a few i dont use and that is only because of my play style and or not fighting a mob or player that was vunerable to the specific talent or ability. The reason they are almost all used is because not everyone can use the same things, a rogue is not going to go around healing and buffing everyone because he can't do it.

"thats not stratagy. thats timing. try playing a good FPS against a world class player... thats stratagy."

thats not a FPS. thats timing. try playing a good RTS against a world class player... thats strategy.

I think your view on what defines a strategy game is vastly diffferent from most people, at least compared to with groups i've gamed with in the past.
I would say there is more timing and mouse moving...skill...and split second reaction/decision when it comes to a FPS then there is actual thought and planning things out which is what defines more strategic games for me. But whatever floats your boat :)

Jesterthegreat
01-07-05, 19:56
Sorry but cannot agree with you jester, you are wrong and you keep showing how little time and progression you actually had in WoW. Nothing wrong with that, first ten levels i thought were boring as hell. There are hundreds of spells, buffs and debuffs. They are almost all used. I can only think of a few i dont use and that is only because of my play style and or not fighting a mob or player that was vunerable to the specific talent or ability. The reason they are almost all used is because not everyone can use the same things, a rogue is not going to go around healing and buffing everyone because he can't do it.

"thats not stratagy. thats timing. try playing a good FPS against a world class player... thats stratagy."

thats not a FPS. thats timing. try playing a good RTS against a world class player... thats strategy.

I think your view on what defines a strategy game is vastly diffferent from most people, at least compared to with groups i've gamed with in the past.
I would say there is more timing and mouse moving...skill...and split second reaction/decision when it comes to a FPS then there is actual thought and planning things out which is what defines more strategic games for me. But whatever floats your boat :)

played age of something (not empires... the newer one) against someone who played in the world championship or whatever it is (he got beat fairly early though). also played him at just about all the new RTS's on the market at the time (he owned a net cafe... loadsa games and network love).

RTS... that takes planning. however its not required. when playing C&C generals against him i remember rushing to get 5 rocket man, a humvee and the rocket upgrade for the humvee. drive that into his base that early and theres nothing to stop it. did i plan it? no. i just went with it.

but i tell ya what. we arent gonna agree.

how about you run gamecam or something... record me some PvP. maybe i'll even be so impressed as to agree with you and even start playing myself. i'd offer to do the same... but if you post on these forums i assume you have PvP'd in nc.

Xiphias
10-07-05, 00:53
The epic sets are hard to get and take weeks and weeks to get, you need to take 40 people to even get a chance to kill any of the bosses, at 5-10 mins each... then you have to argue who gets what... take too much preparation to get them, The blue high lvl sets are pretty good anyway.

The PvP in WoW is very samey, and you rarely get any recognition for how good you maybe are.

Once you've completed Molten Core, killed Onyxia, become field commander and got the best armor your prepared to get thats it. Time to basically Wash, rinse and repeat.

ZoVoS
10-07-05, 01:58
im playing nc1 and some of the final fantasy series (7, 8 and 10, atm 10)

ff10 sucks, ff10 2 sucks more, wheres ff9 in that list, its better than 10 and 10-2 and 7 put together

Jesterthegreat
10-07-05, 10:58
The epic sets are hard to get and take weeks and weeks to get, you need to take 40 people to even get a chance to kill any of the bosses, at 5-10 mins each... then you have to argue who gets what... take too much preparation to get them, The blue high lvl sets are pretty good anyway.

The PvP in WoW is very samey, and you rarely get any recognition for how good you maybe are.

Once you've completed Molten Core, killed Onyxia, become field commander and got the best armor your prepared to get thats it. Time to basically Wash, rinse and repeat.

in most MMO's the epic stuff is like that. i remember when i played Dark Age Of Camelot... the size of the armies that used to go to do an epic mission for a single guy...

LTA
10-07-05, 15:16
ff10 sucks, ff10 2 sucks more, wheres ff9 in that list, its better than 10 and 10-2 and 7 put together

pfft 7 > all

Didnt rate 9 massively but enjoyed it coz everything seemed very hard to fight, 8 was to stupid spent most of my time drawing magic, then being confused by the ending.

10 is good i like the way the summons work but thought the leveling system was mad, went around that sphere thing on my chars about 5 times or something mad
FFX-2 got on my tits the "girls" pissed me of they were like 7 yr olds and it did ma head in as most over japanesified girls do always making to much noise n gettin overly excited at little lol

and yeh mmo high content is high content...

FFXI the ultimate boss kirin needs a alliance ofr 40+ capped people and you have a slight chance he may drop Kirins robe or Kirins pole and since he takes a good long ass amount of time to kill .... well it may be very very rare

I am currently deciding weather to reactivate nc or reactivate wow hearing ssc is on bladefist is good, knew ADLN were on there never seen ssc i was running with the trickery guild if u seen them on there.

Tratos
10-07-05, 18:27
FFX-2 got on my tits the "girls" pissed me of they were like 7 yr olds and it did ma head in as most over japanesified girls do always making to much noise n gettin overly excited at little lol.

Took 10 minutes of that game to get on my tits, i was like WTF at the music video intro and then the idea of hunting new pretty dresses and changing my clothes for the hell of it just made me kill people on GTA:III lol

Vae Victis
14-07-05, 14:53
tbh, FFX is the best.
Tidus has a babyface tho, but I like wakka and auron.
rikku just sucks a bit, but gets better once shes high lvl.
you can lvl so easily, just go to the sin place or something.

and ive never used an aeon vs any mob or boss, except sin.
and the first seymour but you have no choice.

aeons suck I think :p
overpowered tbh

Capt. Rik
14-07-05, 17:35
tbh, FFX is the best.

overpowered tbh

I never got around to actually progressing that far in the game- i just played that underwater ball-game all the time

FF7 was my personal favourite tho

ZoVoS
14-07-05, 17:53
tbh, FFX is the best.

overpowered tbh

all my stats are 255, i think i killed the last baddy boss in 1 hit