PDA

View Full Version : How many monks do you have?

Nvidia
28-06-05, 11:26
Since Nidhogg closed the last thread about monks and OP fights, and said not to go into specifics, let's try it again without any incriminating screen shots and name calling please...

Honestly, how many of your character slots on Terra are monks?

Please answer honestly...

IceStorm
28-06-05, 11:31
Across all 16 character slots, I have but one Monk.

I'll probably make a second Monk to get a Gaya Glove for my existing Hybrid, but he'll be deleted after performing that function.

Speedball
28-06-05, 11:45
Got no monks.
Only one HC tank (on a 2 slot server :rolleyes: ) even not capped.

sultana
28-06-05, 11:45
2 monks on two different accounts. One ppu and one apu :rolleyes:

Though the apu (or ppu I guess depending), is usually used by someone else other then me. So it's kinda a couple of peoples monk :)

Dargeshaad
28-06-05, 11:59
Maybe you should add another poll with "How much do you play your monk?" :)

Comie
28-06-05, 12:02
one monk... tho i havent logged into him since NC2 been droning and PEing and lvling everything else... i seem to preferr the spy more, considering i still dont quite grasp the aiming reticle (playing a monk for the entirety of NC1 will do that to ya)

Hoernerice
28-06-05, 12:06
i dont like the monks ....

Original monk
28-06-05, 12:12
apuhybrid (pro), ppuhybrid (pro), apu (anti) ppu (pro) ppu (anti)

Selendor
28-06-05, 12:15
One Monk, my PPU. And he's my primary character, I play him all the time.

Since I love op wars, and I love the intensity of PPUing during them, that is why I play the character. He is the most useful to others and contributes more to the fight than my other characters.

Also, consider that not only are monks killing / healing machines, but because of the way skills are allocated, they are also secondary hackers/pokers, which is also very useful for the end-game.

bounty
28-06-05, 12:19
1 account, 1 monk. A ppu that i've played since the first day of retail. But my favorite class and the one I play most is by far the spy. And just for the record, vehicles are sooooo very much the best kept secret in neocron.

edit: my ppu gets logged on very seldom but always for one of two reasons: friends need ressurected or I want to go to an op war (it is the only character i've ever capped).

edit #2: monks are imo the most boring class to play. I hope they get deleted. Yep, I said it.

Nullvoid
28-06-05, 12:38
1 account, 1 ppu. Being the first char type I ever used in the game I will always have one.

Jesterthegreat
28-06-05, 13:37
1 act 1 monk. very rarely play him though.

numb
28-06-05, 13:53
1 act, 0 monks

Rifle Spy, VHC PE, Constructor/Pistol Spy + 1 empty slot (may transfer my saturn tank here)

edit: I like guns more than spells!

Koshinn
28-06-05, 13:57
1 act, 1 monk. Apu hybrid.

Gulinborsti
28-06-05, 14:07
1 act, 1 PPU

hehe, it seems that Monk-o-cron only exists in our heads; either that, or all the n account, n*4 monks players aren't voting here ;)

Awky
28-06-05, 14:14
I got 1 acct and one all but int capped ppu in it.

But for all i care delete the class to balance the game plz...ijust my opinion.

awk

Hippieman
28-06-05, 14:27
I got one account and only 1 monk. He's a APU that hasn't been capped even thought I've had him for a year now. I'm not really into monks much, they maybe powerful and everything but being a spy and tank is much more enjoyable.

Dargeshaad
28-06-05, 14:33
1 act, 1 PPU

hehe, it seems that Monk-o-cron only exists in our heads; either that, or all the n account, n*4 monks players aren't voting here ;)
or else everyone just plays that 1 char all the time....

Riddle
28-06-05, 15:07
Well I will own up, I have one act and 2 monks yes 2! what the hell I love em.

Got PPU / APU . The PPU because he was my first char been apu /ppu /hyb lommed so much ;) but he's kinda always been with me( You all got one :D )

The APU because yes they are heavy damage dealers and I LOVE that!! I like to see the enemy drop in a couple of hits rather than chipping away at them.

The other slots are Spy's mainly for Tradeskill and a bit of DOY raiding ;)

naimex
28-06-05, 15:15
I have 2 or so, spread out over all servers.

Tidus_Origin
28-06-05, 15:34
Zero. None. Nada. My account is a monk-free zone. And it's gonna stay that way. NC's OP-fights look like Star Wars : Attack of the (Jawa) Clones enough already. :lol:

Original monk
28-06-05, 15:46
love love love love love love love love love love love monks in all kinds and sizes, i eat monk i sleep monk i drink monk i breath monk

my precious jewelry is all capped (xcept int, im no macroman you see) and on the terra server

monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks

Zeninja
28-06-05, 16:01
One ppu on Terra : inactive (thanks to God)

love love love love love love love love love love love monks in all kinds and sizes, i eat monk i sleep monk i drink monk i breath monk
Kill that guy. But make it slow please.

Spermy
28-06-05, 16:04
I used to have a hybrid... I hate em though.

No monks.

enigma_b17
28-06-05, 16:06
3 out of 8
rest are spies, and a tank

Rob01m
28-06-05, 16:08
None.

Original monk
28-06-05, 16:27
Kill that guy. But make it slow please.

what did you expect with a name like mine ? :)

THIS IS GoD
28-06-05, 16:49
One ppu on Terra : inactive (thanks to God)

Zeninja your welcome.

Anywho I myself have 3 monks 2 PPU one APU main PPU is 1 PSI from capping (3 Mil) and like 14 Int n00b PPU is 80 Base PSI just made it about a week ago, APU is PSI Capped and needs like 11 Int. Mostly been playing my PPU at OP fights lately to give the people that have played them majority of NC 1 and NC 2 a break and let them get a chance to do some dmg instead of providing some Divine Intervention.

RogerRamjet
28-06-05, 17:00
1 APU, 1 PPU, been that way since NC1, since with my shitty FPS not having to lock on to things was a bonus. Infact it wasnt my APU in NC1, but Ramics, but i have my own now. I prefer to play tanks, but the way OP fights nowadays Monks seem so much more useful.

Xylaz
28-06-05, 17:08
no monks

remove em

|R@zor|
28-06-05, 17:24
1 APU i have'nt played since nc1, i logged him on at the start of nc2 to have him added to the clan but have'nt touched him since then.

I play my Spy more than anything now, and occasionally my PE

Morganth
28-06-05, 17:31
I have an APU and a PPU across my two accounts. They are my joint mains as I don't have any other alts in Paradox :rolleyes:

Though the apu (or ppu I guess depending), is usually used by someone else other then me. So it's kinda a couple of peoples monk :)

Like [insert recently banned dickhead]?

ZoVoS
28-06-05, 17:36
a blessed hybreed for soloing and a ppu hybreed for owning

i can swap the chipies around to make my blessed hybreed a apu hybreed, and my ppu hybreed into a ppu beast, so why would i need more

Jesterthegreat
28-06-05, 17:56
over my whole account (all servers) i have 2 ppu's (never play either) 3 PE's (my mains and a merc one) 4 spies (never play any... random guys xfered to random servers)

pretty much all i play are my PE's

[TgR]KILLER
28-06-05, 18:08
2 apu and ppu.. tho i almost never use my apu @ all and my ppu not to much nowadays eighter.. if i login i'm on my pe.

Infinite
28-06-05, 18:13
PPU (don't play him as NC2 is shit)
Hybrid (Level a lot but dont pvp)
Rifle spy (PK)
Pistol spu(Character i play all the time lvl/pk/pvp/idle)
Rifle PE (Character to fuck about on) - spare slot on a mates account.

CMaster
28-06-05, 18:14
Psi Capped PPU, levelling APU Hyb.

LTA
28-06-05, 18:21
2 ppus on 2 servers

Played ppu for many months solid till my apu partner went ppu so we swapped places i went apu he went ppu then i lomed back to ppu

Lately lt pe or Executioner Spy (aiming to get myself a first love spy) but love the exe

-FN-
28-06-05, 20:04
1 APU (Buu) - All capped cept his 95 INT - Haven't logged him in maybe 6 months?

1 PPU (Catharsis) - All capped cept his 95 INT - Log once in a great while to rez someone.

SXR's catch is - we desperately want to get involved in OP wars, but we actually *like* playing other classes. The main reason we don't even bother with OPs is because we know we'll be going out and facing 5 APUs and 5 PPUs. That's about as much fun as screwing a meat grinder. But nobody will ever give up their precious overpowered monks. If by some chance you manage to find an OP fight where people aren't all monks, awesome. But if you beat them, they'll all log monk alts and come back :rolleyes: There's pretty much no point to OP warring in my opinion - but I think that stems from the fact that I think monks suck.

--EDIT--

I just saw that pic posted in the other thread :lol: THAT is exactly why you'll never see us in an OP fight - that's just fucking CS with Monk Robes. Everyone's the same. Everyone's using the same 3-4 spells. You guys actually find that fun?

If you want to discuss the propensity for people to roll monks all the time then please start another thread
I know Lupus is on about there being some heal bug and that's the 'underlying' problem with PPUs... but I totally have to disagree. The problem is how extreme the Monk classes are in general. The APUs do incredible damage, single and area, very fast, and very far. The PPUs are god-like and despite the foreign cast nerf from a long time ago, make most others god-like. Compound that with the fact that PPUs have PPUs guarding them... it's all just too extreme. Bringing a PPU to a fight should give the *fighter* a slightly better chance to win, not guarantee it. The PPU himself should stay godlike, but buffing a character shouldn't make them near invincible and if the F that up, they shouldn't be auto-saved by a holy heal. The APU shouldn't cast as far or as fast either, not unless they have an aiming reticle like the other classes.

M'eh *deep breath* I hate monks. They ruin so many things in the game for the fact that they just take them over (OP wars, high end leveling, etc) but the game wasn't designed right - 10 PEs don't stand a chance against a 127/127 mob - but 9 PEs and a PPU do - that's just fucked up.

eprodigy
28-06-05, 20:09
1 account (cancelled my other)
0 monks ever (deleted mine when realized how lame they are)

SXR's catch is - we desperately want to get involved in OP wars, but we actually *like* playing other classes.
another problem is, all the SXR ive talked to are actually nice people even after fighting ;) you must be zerging idiots who shit talk a lot and ninja when you lose, to op fight... sorry

Riddle
28-06-05, 20:42
Seems everyone, except a few hate monks and Don't play them.
..... So why the fuck do you all need a PPU to fight ;)
..... a PPU to Rez your sorry dead ass :wtf:
..... a PPU Rez for your epic kills otherwise they ain't gonna do it for your crap cash 8|
..... and mostly PPU's to poke your sorry ass in TH :lol:
..... a PPU in MC5.......etc...etc...

Yeah lets nerf the PPU's , Hell remove them...... :rolleyes:

Spermy
28-06-05, 21:26
Green Bull Boosts for the win!

Tostino
28-06-05, 22:16
I have my PPU and Blessed Hybrid that I play in OP wars, My HC PE I use for Pking and my Pistol Spy is mainly for if somone is raiding to fuck em up ;).

ZoVoS
28-06-05, 22:45
how about adding a aiming reticylce in for apus, but it only comes into play at certain ranges ? so apu's cant "snipe"

LTA
28-06-05, 22:46
Yeah lets nerf the PPU's , Hell remove them...... :rolleyes:YES!

Coz without em mobs will be adjusted accordingly and pokin spies will appear anyway and pes etc

eprodigy
28-06-05, 23:07
Yeah lets nerf the PPU's , Hell remove them...... :rolleyes:
i think you were attempting sarcasm, but it doesnt work when its actually a good idea

Scanner Darkly
29-06-05, 02:52
2 monks across 2 accts: 1 APU hyb one PPU :: for PvM/item gathering mainly

Mr Kot
29-06-05, 03:02
One account, one monk (apu)

He's good for getting it outta my system when i've had a bad day. The power to kill shit and kill it quickly is awesome. Mobs, runners, if they're there, they get HL.

And when i'm in a calmer mood, i think there's nothing in the world like a damn good barrel. I dunno if it's just me, just get no end of pleasure from barreling tightly packed mobs for hours on end. Chaos caves... Ceres labs... i love it all. I just find it hypnoticly relaxing.

vashtyphoon78
29-06-05, 07:19
I have one of every character type (tank monk spy PE) hehe keepin it balanced :lol:

Xeno LARD
29-06-05, 08:55
2 monks on 2 accounts.
One apu hybrid who's fun to play and a PPU that i hate to play. But have to play. :mad:

Koshinn
29-06-05, 09:34
Off topic slightly, but if you do the preacher noob epic, you get a tl10 heal that looks like a psi shield, but if you do the combat medic noob epic, you get a tl10 heal that looks like a tl3 heal. Either case, they do the same thing I believe.

E. Cryton
29-06-05, 09:50
1 apu, my bro's one.
3 pe's, 3 spies, 1 apu, 1 tank (if i'd reactivate my accs :p )

MISS WHIP
29-06-05, 10:27
I have 1 hybrid (110/65) but he dont get logged much mabye twice since NC2
I rather play my capped rifle spy :cool: :cool: and my capped droner who loves to eat PPU'S :lol: :lol:

Major Havoc
30-06-05, 04:44
Three monks: APU (capped PSI) PPU (needs some loving) and a wannabe LE'd Blessed Hybrid (APU and PPU are un'LE'd / clanned - check my sig for a clue ;) ); I've three accounts, and clearly way too much time on my hands...

imper1um
30-06-05, 05:38
Currently have a Op Capible PPU which you see Para spam all the time in op wars, and a non-op capible APU (pro) which you don't see. Soon going to have a second PPU that is going to be a barterer (187 Barter for teh win!). Btw, I have two accounts. :p

solling
30-06-05, 19:17
2 accounts 2 monks one apu mememenownownow, and ppu lore,

1 tank HC, 2 PEs and 3 spies

spy'o'cron

eprodigy
30-06-05, 19:34
someday we gonna get em to nerf monks then all you monkwhores gonna be sorry!

Sanzen
30-06-05, 20:17
i play only two chars and they are monks, ppu and apu.

E. Cryton
30-06-05, 20:19
someday we gonna get em to nerf monks then all you monkwhores gonna be sorry!

true !
what he said tbh !

Asurmen Spec Op
30-06-05, 23:11
3 accounts no monks
4 Pes :)
4spys mostly tradeskillers
a tank
3 empty slots