PDA

View Full Version : good hyb setup?

Mechanicus
26-06-05, 17:17
will it get enough % on its spells etc etc

http://mars.walagata.com/w/oscarsouth/hyb.JPG
(http://mars.walagata.com/view.php?file=hyb.JPG)

Tostino
27-06-05, 00:44
Kinda slow. And a little low on the health/poison but not too bad. And you will get good %'s on your s/d heal and atack spells.

Mechanicus
27-06-05, 01:30
its fast enough for a monk, ppu spells get tricky to cast at high runspeed, and i carry whiteflash on every char for when i need a quick speedboost

its enough poison too, that much'll stop me getting decimated by melee or dev before i can get a mid level parashock off on em and start running backwards, then their damage will be pitiful, and with a blessed heal on even at close range its not gonna be too deadly, poison stacks arnt an issue as i can use crahn antidote

the hp is a little low i admit but the shields and blessed heal will keep me in one piece well enough, with not too shoddy resists for a monk

only thing i really needed to know though was whether the %s would be good :P

Zeninja
27-06-05, 03:23
I suggest using strengthen heart instead of filter heart, so as to use heavy poison belt and reinject all points. You should be able to reach 400 health with 70-80 poison, but u would have to use RB3 (which would'nt be that bad for your force/piercing resists) or heat 1.

I really don't think you need so much psi use, 190 is enough with your ppu-apu skills to get freq capped on TL50-55 spells (3+ slots). Investing 84 in implant skill is a good deal with a glove and a drug to be mc5 poker ; or maybe a hacker ?

Then, using a doy vhc eye would be nice if you plan driving some hovertech with good agi.

its fast enough for a monk
More than enough :) I noticed u put mc1/spy1 instead of mc2/spy2 (look at your screen), so your body health skill and agility are wrong here

Mr Friendly
05-07-05, 22:53
u want at least 400 health, trust me, has to do with the health bounce bug, been in since the game was released (nc1) & still in nc2. ITs the basis for which Polarity did his ppu's con.

ZoVoS
06-07-05, 23:56
... hahahah HAHAHAHA

Netphreak
07-07-05, 16:33
Hmm... a blessed hybrid fun up to the point were you realise how boring it is.
But never the less useful as you can rezz and provide some buffs.

APU biased is alot more fun but also a good bit less god like.

Lifewaster
22-07-05, 04:58
I'd suggest forget about the holy def, you will cap blessed def instead with less mana ,faster freq and the same protection overall pretty much.

The defense of a blessed hyb comes mainly from his blessed shelter and blessed heal +sanctum anyways.

However dont expect to be able to do much damage at op wars , your role is pretty much DBing and distraction value, plus you can do in combat ressing leaving ppus free at vital times.

(However buffed with a foreign psi combat 3 , you are indeed godly in 1v1 using the chaos queen flame avalanche (135 apu/79 mst) , which also lets you deal some good damage at op fights )

If you want to be still able to lvl for cash or WOC, I'd really suggest speccing 71 mst/120 apu , which gives you access solo to holy energy barrel when equipping PA2 ...

Morganth
22-07-05, 08:54
I'd try reworking your setup using a MOVEON, its the most point-effective of the two epic level chips. Other than that, follow Tostino's advice and you will follow the path to greatness (or to the path of the inability to aim with a recticle).

u want at least 400 health, trust me, has to do with the health bounce bug, been in since the game was released (nc1) & still in nc2. ITs the basis for which Polarity did his ppu's con.

Who was Polarity? lol

Arien
29-07-05, 17:21
that setup sucks, really quite hard,and moveon being the best chip is questionable, ive found strenthen heart 2, ppr, heavy poison belt and br3 by far superior on a ppu hybrid setup

Morganth
29-07-05, 17:32
that setup sucks, really quite hard,and moveon being the best chip is questionable, ive found strenthen heart 2, ppr, heavy poison belt and br3 by far superior on a ppu hybrid setup

I find MOVEON better with Filter Heart1, Heavy Fire belt and a Haz buff.

Arien
29-07-05, 17:36
you can use a FH2 with a moveon btw, you can get almost exactly the same resists with the setup you suggest (i think you get like 5 extra points in con to spend) BUT with my setup you gain 15 resist force, which is important on a hybrid as you have to use an experimental psi controller

the 15 resist force will do a WHOLE LOT more than 5 more points in con will, and you get more points in resist force from a ppr than from a moveon anyway