PDA

View Full Version : Hacknet Flaws

silver talon
24-06-05, 01:29
Ok i'm a pure hn char and i am getting annoyed as hell by clans that don't have hn chars sending ppu buffed chars to take the op. Just a suggestion to solve this is no buffs can be carried into hn. Yeah it's crap if u defending an op and go in without them but better than losing an op to a bloody ppu coz u can't kill them on time. If anyone has anything better to suggest i am more than willing to listen.

Morganth
24-06-05, 01:37
Ok i'm a pure hn char and i am getting annoyed as hell by clans that don't have hn chars sending ppu buffed chars to take the op. Just a suggestion to solve this is no buffs can be carried into hn. Yeah it's crap if u defending an op and go in without them but better than losing an op to a bloody ppu coz u can't kill them on time. If anyone has anything better to suggest i am more than willing to listen.

Well it will teach you to not camp the zoneline or the term with 4 HN Spies then. :rolleyes:

Brammers
24-06-05, 01:54
What 4 HN spies couldn't kill a PPU in HN? :lol:

mehirc
24-06-05, 02:01

Yes, this really sucks.

LiL T
24-06-05, 02:06
HN is a joke its never going to be fun, its just loads of path ways the are exactly the same in each zone. Its far to easy for people to camp the zoneline and kill anyone that comes in, it should be a virtual representation of the world with hills buildings etc. All done in the current hacknet theme

imper1um
24-06-05, 02:11
See my post on how to fix HackNet so that HackNet characters are more required, and it prevents people from just coming in from the back and clicking the hack term without a fight. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=123889)

Clobber
24-06-05, 03:43
Well it will teach you to not camp the zoneline or the term with 4 HN Spies then. :rolleyes:

Which clan currently have 4 HN spies at the moment ?

Fact is HN is a complete joke, waste of time, and has just made op wars less fun. I think the majority of people would agree the old system > current one.

mehirc
24-06-05, 11:24
I would say that even 4 hackerspies would not stop such a PPU, maybe not even one full hacker-spy, because the only thing that he has to do is to run and the damage and range of the HN-weapons is ridiculous now. I also have the feeling that that there is alot more warping in HN than outside, not to mention that everything dissapears shortly when you turn around.

Skusty
24-06-05, 13:05
Hey talon! :lol: Yepp you said that yesterday :p and yes it sux :(

imper1um
24-06-05, 13:08
Silver Talon, I have killed about 20 non-hackers trying to get to the terminal. I have killed 8 hackers trying to get to the terminal from the back. If you have two camping the bottom entrance, one guy next to the terminal, one guy next to the terminal, and one guy outside in the Uplink, you should have all bases covered, although one thing that needs to be changed is that when you log in inside an op HackNet, you end up at the spawn area for outside hackers, not at the point you logged off at.

Clobber
24-06-05, 13:43
Silver Talon, I have killed about 20 non-hackers trying to get to the terminal. I have killed 8 hackers trying to get to the terminal from the back. If you have two camping the bottom entrance, one guy next to the terminal, one guy next to the terminal, and one guy outside in the Uplink, you should have all bases covered, although one thing that needs to be changed is that when you log in inside an op HackNet, you end up at the spawn area for outside hackers, not at the point you logged off at.

So all these people you said you killed, was it using the method descibed or alone. Slight flaw with that method finding 4 people willing to roll a HN char wasting a slot for the most boring and mundane thing in this game. Hacknet is a chore and that is when it become a big problem.

sultana
24-06-05, 16:11
See my post on how to fix HackNet so that HackNet characters are more required, and it prevents people from just coming in from the back and clicking the hack term without a fight. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=123889)
Kinda just like what you've done before right?

In my opinion, that is too involved, the one good thing about hacknet right now, is its simplicity. Only 3 types of software you need.

enigma_b17
24-06-05, 18:45
hacknet just gives me a headache;

its a good idea, but as with everything in this game is lacking in implementation....pvm damage is unbalanced, a good few mobs do alot more damage then they should, and the fact that its made up of 5 or 6 zones which look the same (except different colours). Hacknet skins too were nice when they were transparent but now they seem to have gotten rid of the transparent models and these ones just look crap. TechHaven's difficulty to get past is also ridiculous, 4 127/127 mobs which just own the bejasus out of u the second u zone in, and all those 100/100 ones flying around.

[edit] one thing i do like is the fact that partial hn chars (ie a pistol spy that can hack) doesnt have a chance of going up against a pure hn character. As they shouldnt, better spells, more pool, greater hp agility etc.

imper1um
25-06-05, 14:54
Kinda just like what you've done before right?

In my opinion, that is too involved, the one good thing about hacknet right now, is its simplicity. Only 3 types of software you need.
Problem is that the outside world is much much much more advanced and technical. It just seems that something that has something more technical and advanced should be so, even though I never even touched the ability of being as complicated as the outside world.

If you look at my weapons, it's pretty much like this:

- Attack Head/Torso
- Attack Legs
- Attack Both with less damage
- Defend Against Head/Torso Attacks
- Defend Against Leg Attacks
- Defend against both with less ability
- Remove All Damage Stacks, but be frozen for some time
- Remove Head/Torso Stacks
- Remove Leg Stacks
- Regenerate Head/Torso/HP/Remove 1 Head/Torso Stack
- Regenerate Legs/Remove 1 Leg Stack
- Damage Boost for Head/Torso
- Damage Boost for Legs

Here's the outside world:
- Attack with Energy - 15+
- Attack with Poison - 15+
- Attack with Fire - 15+
- Attack with Xray - 15+
- Attack with force - 30+
- Defend (3) - Shelter, Deflector, Psi Shield, Armor
- Heal
- Anti-Poison
- Parashock
- Anti-Para
- Damage Boost
- Anti-DB
- Much other stuff

The chips are pretty much implants. The three implant slots don't require pokes, but you only have 3 implant slots instead of 13 implant slots.

:/

ROZZER187
25-06-05, 16:40
50/50 bug > all tbh

until thats fixed and the fact you only gotta click the term hn is a waste of time.