PDA

View Full Version : Neocron 1

Infinite
24-06-05, 01:07
Just been told you can still log on Uranus but can't find my 2nd NC1 CD.
Anyone know where you can still D/l it?

Inf

Mr_Snow
24-06-05, 02:19
I downloaded both cds off a newsgroup 2 weeks ago, it said it was a special edition version launched in the states just before nc2 came out

it was the exact same as the one vic got in game in dec2002

[TgR]KILLER
24-06-05, 03:19
lol why the hell should they put effort in launching an renewed old client special version when they are releasing their new game.. or even put time into making a new client so you can tell out of the blue thats bs.

and yea i think there are still a few mirrors up with nc1 tho you have to search.

Nidhogg
24-06-05, 10:26
KILLER']lol why the hell should they put effort in launching an renewed old client special version when they are releasing their new game..
We didn't. If I'm not mistake the version Mr_Snow is refering to came from a pirate website. Still, the good news is that it's been hacked so you don't need the CD in to run. :rolleyes:

N

Tratos
24-06-05, 10:32
I understand alot of Uranus got a bit fecked and parts were replaced on the old server, the other servers having gone caput, how long does Neocron 1 have left from KKs point of view Nid? as i assume there arnt enough people playing it to provide the resources for another server fix when will KK consider Neocron 1 to be becoming a loss?

I guess its an ontopic question, since the topic is "Neocron 1" :p

Nidhogg
24-06-05, 10:36
Contractually it has to remain open though I don't know for how long (I don't think it's been finalised yet).

N

Comie
24-06-05, 11:12
Contractually it has to remain open though I don't know for how long (I don't think it's been finalised yet).

N

so, can we not have Uranus as the Test server until the actual test server is up and running?

Tratos
24-06-05, 11:26
Doubt it as Neocron 1 needs to remain running (Contract is probably from CDV, possibly another reason Neocron 2 had to be a standalone) and since the engine and stuff has changed and all the items in game have changed so much since NC1 sticking NC2 things on it would just cause more and more errors.

Nidhogg
24-06-05, 11:34
so, can we not have Uranus as the Test server until the actual test server is up and running?
I just said it has to remain open. ;)

N

LTA
24-06-05, 11:44
Does it cost to play aswell?

Nidhogg
24-06-05, 12:17
Does it cost to play aswell?
Payment arrangements for the NC1 server are the same as before NC2 was released.

N

Capt. Rik
24-06-05, 12:51
Payment arrangements for the NC1 server are the same as before NC2 was released.

N

Then why are some people supposedly playing for free (taken from one of the threads in the newbie forum - can't remember which)

Skusty
24-06-05, 12:58

N
Let it be open please, i need something to play at my moms place untill i get a new gfx card :lol:

Sammson
24-06-05, 16:50
I don't know if it still the same, but if you had a nc 1 account, even if expired, you could play nc 1 for free, all your items still there, as you left them. I played from nc 2 release till pbc came in, in feb, for free. Lonely, but free, heh.

Vae Victis
24-06-05, 17:26
nc1 is free

already saw 2 overcapped hybrids with moneyhax tho :eek:
they say its a bug :rolleyes:
yeah right.. cast holy sd/heal with a apu PA on.. If that's possible (and still use holy lightning) then I'm a goddamn neocron newbie.
been playing pure monks for about 3 years now and I know that aint possible.
killed him tho *cough* 4 times out of 4

Infinite
24-06-05, 19:28
To much spell swapping fo holy holy as u cant cast holy in combat and u get a liek 230psi poool... its jsut for show i guess heh.

I got it but there were only 5 people on. Have to try and get some ppl back on there. It was such a joy to see my old skin and no to look like i was a retard when i cast sd heal... awww sex.