PDA

View Full Version : Quick Log

Tickles
23-06-05, 00:05
Ok, maybe someone's come up with this before, but if so, it needs a reminder...

We all have FRE's, and syncs and all the other bugs that have been in this game since it began...

Now KK can't fix them without fucking something else up, and it seems like a loop... they fix this, they break that, fix this etc...

But there is something quite simple that could make alot of the community happy which wouldn't get rid of any of these bugs, but might be something to make dealing with them better..

How hard would it be to make a little program, exe or launcher, client, that sends you straight to the char you were previously on, bypassing the NC Launcher, the annoying "Your computer runs on coal and may not run NC properly. Are you sure you want to continue?" prompt which is totally pointless, the Splash Screen, and the Login Screen.

Obviously it'll need to start the server and patch check that the Main NC Launcher has, but in bypassing all this other crap, it puts you right back in your last char...
This makes it a Desktop Resume or Quick Log.

Surely you could make it so it's just a revised Client. Forget the login screen, the moving icons on it, just start this NC2 Quick Log, goes to black screen, connects to server and wham straight into your char which hopefully isn't dead from the precious seconds you've managed to save.

FRE's ARE A BUGGER. They're one bug that doesn't seem to go, and so maybe we can deal with it with this or by actually fixing it (not going to happen.. its been what 2 years now? 3?)

Maybe KK can do this, maybe the community, but I'd love it if possible. It can't be too hard and is something that might ACTUALLY work, unlike these stability fixes.

Yes KK, another go at you, but you can't be surprised.

Is this possible or just a load of time wasted?
Please discuss.

Parallax - (Tickles' bro)

imper1um
23-06-05, 00:42
Just run Client.exe to bypass the Launcher.

Codrum
23-06-05, 01:42
Goto this file:

C:\Program Files\neocron2\neocron.ini

Make a backup copy if you want, just in case.

And change these entries from "FALSE" to:

NOSPLASH = "TRUE"
NOEXTRO = "TRUE"

Then save the file....

Jesterthegreat
23-06-05, 01:44
"Your computer runs on coal and may not run NC properly. Are you sure you want to continue?"

it's not pointless... it tells you your PC sucks.

i only get that when multi logging, never in a normal logging on situation.

Flub900
23-06-05, 02:44
i remember before NC2, neolauncherpro did that, it skipped the splash and shit, and then some other guy made a new background for the login screen, it was pretty cool, i think it was a spy in the anti-radiation suit, all i know is that it was bangin