PDA

View Full Version : Any Musicians?!

Spermy
22-06-05, 21:12
Muscians!

Just thought I'd start a thread. Really to discuss what people are up to.

Reetio - I play Guitar and Bass Primarily, I'm in 2 bands at the mo - both Bass positions.

I also play the drums, but I don't own a set. I'm actually pretty good, but purely for the fact it's not something I can practice and do everyday - It's not one of my primaries, wish it was, I like making noise! :p

I can use decks comeptently - although I HAVEN'T for a year now...

Also I can play the keyboard/piano - although strictly a novice on that front, with no real motivation to go anywhere!

At the mo - I'm picking up the guitar parts for Please Play this Song on the Radio, by NOFX - Purely cos I've just been listening to it and only know the bits of it :p

Oh - that and it's an ace song to be able to play :)

EDIT - and I just realised I don't like the solo style intro - it's annoying. Got it down note perfect - Now all I have to do Is get the picking rythm right, almost there :)

Opar
22-06-05, 22:28
I play Guitar, Piano/Keyboard, Sax (and thus I could also play clarinet), and I took like, 4 drum lessons, but my other interests got in the way. Im a pretty musical guy, I guess

My current guitar rig is a Gibson SG Gothic (prized posession :P), Crate GLX212, Nady Wireless

My sax is just a bog standard alto that cost like £450 a couple of years ago, but it's still pretty cool.

Don't got a piano at home anymore, since we had to dismantle it when we moved house.

Thats pretty much it. NEver had my own drum kit

EDIT: and at the moment im perfecting a few songs for a young musician contest in a few weeks, see which ones I prefer, thinking of doing Sweet Child O' mine with some other guys, or Everlong on an acoustic, as that pwns.

Jesterthegreat
22-06-05, 22:31
no.

only play the drums.

the only part of a band not technically a musician...

Opar
22-06-05, 22:34
Of course drummers are musicians, they're part of a band that makes music, = musician.

Jesterthegreat
22-06-05, 22:35
Of course drummers are musicians, they're part of a band that makes music, = musician.

no.

technically a drummer is not a musician.

Opar
22-06-05, 22:38
Who cares about technicalities, to me, a drummer is a musician, I don't care.

Jesterthegreat
22-06-05, 22:43
Who cares about technicalities, to me, a drummer is a musician, I don't care.

if we decided what was true and what was false... there would be alot of laws being broken :p

Opar
22-06-05, 22:44
... I didn't understand a word of that.

Gydjia
23-06-05, 14:39
I'm a drummer, I'm a percussionist when I'm hitting drums. When I'm playing the flute however I'm a musician. When I'm mixing four record decks of my very own battle vinyl and tunes then I'm neither, then I'm just the geezer on the decks.
When I'm writing score, well then, I suppose, I'm a composer.

Bottom line. I make, jam, music and stuff.
Yes, I am pedantic.

Original monk
23-06-05, 14:47
i wish i could play classic piano, such extremely nice sounds its unbelievable ...

in music class i always got 1/10 for bringing my instrument to class ...

when i had to sing in class (some time ago but still) my classmates had trouble not interfering by laughing there ass off :/

this totally offtopic tough :(

Torg
23-06-05, 15:09
i had a band for approx 7 years, my part was guitar and vocals. we did 2 independent albums, had well over 120 gigs. over time this rocknroll life got somewhat boring, so i took the chance when the band split up to move over to computer games, which are easier to play. the only thing i miss: games arent as loud as amp racks, no matter how hard you try.

Xephonas
23-06-05, 20:22
rr, i have played Saxophone (sex machine) for about 2 years, and play guitar but not in a band, there's one at school that is gonna start, might go in for that for a laugh.

Nidhogg
23-06-05, 20:56
I learned piano when I was a kid. You've never known fear until you've taken piano practical exams - even the dreaded driving test doesn't come close to having to go through those exams.

N

/edit - not played in years now though. :( I was thinking of picking up a second-hand stage piano off EBay some time.

Tratos
23-06-05, 21:02
I have a bass, its pretty sexy, just a beginer one though, Yamahar RBX 150 i think, aint learned to play much but im sitting down with a mate of mine during the summer hols to learn some stuff i hope :)

eprodigy
25-06-05, 02:41
can play guitar, bass, trumpet and trombone.. best on trumpet, played for about 12 years now... play in three local orchestras and still march drum corps.. yes i was a high school band nerd :p

Spermy
25-06-05, 23:59
I just played the worst gig EVER.

Gear was already there - so I was able to use another bands guitar equipment - including the guitar, which was ABYSMAL. The thing was paper thin and just couldn't hold the tones I needed.

Frown.

That and the sound was crap - although it magically got better when the most anticiapted band came on. Fucking sound guy was a smartarse, I was literally begging him to let me remic and set levels myself, purely because I knew it was gonna give a crap sound - he essentially told me to get fucked.

Mind you our set was awesome - the crowd was impressed - we got the cheers and the "we want more!", I was just hideously disappointed, because I knew we could have done better if I had my own guitar and been able to Mic up properly.

I left as soon as the set was done - extremely pissed off. As far as a performance was concerned we were ace, but as far as enjoyment was concerned - I couldn't wait to get out of the place, turned down several offers of free drinks etc etc, I just wanted to go home.