PDA

View Full Version : >> Monk Int <<

enigma_b17
22-06-05, 21:07
Since theres been so much "monk bashing" i thought id post this (which has been posted time and time again). The rate of Monk intelligence gain is ridiculous. Most of my friends when they reach int 90-92 just give up trying to level int anymore. Ive been trying to cap my Monks int for months now and its so unbelievably boring. It needs to be up-ed to a decent rate of gain, in line with psi, and balanced with the rate of gain of other classes primary skills.

[edit] and to all those monk haters, keep it out of this thread, if your reasoning for not giving a monk and int gain boost is either "theyr ********", "theyr overpowered", "f**king MOnksspdoprpwioejncoqje" then just go write it down on a piece of paper and put it in ur backpocket ta :P

BloodLetting
22-06-05, 21:19
/signed

CMaster
22-06-05, 21:37
Int shouldnt level likepsi - but it shouldne be so extreme that I'm past half way to Psi WoC 1, and less than half way to capping int on my PPU...
APUs are even worse for it. And researching isnt much of a solution, cos xp gained from ressing is really low on monks compared to spies.

Spiro
22-06-05, 21:50
I miss the option: "Leave it like it is" And thats what i vote for.

enigma_b17
22-06-05, 21:51
that was pretty much covered by the last one :P

ie last one is no, nerf it etc

Jesterthegreat
22-06-05, 21:56
that was pretty much covered by the last one :P

ie last one is no, nerf it etc

or post a poll without stupid options.

i'd vote for no. its doable. however i wont vote for the idiotic option.

LTA
22-06-05, 22:09
yeh its doable been teamed in various caves just takes some dedicatation holds more weight when u say monk int is capped coz know you've worked hard.

Complete max capped out stats should be hard to reach coz would add a bit of length, if like pvm wasnt so steadily repetetive

enigma_b17
22-06-05, 22:16
im not saying that capping shouldnt be hard, or it shouldnt take long, but atm monk is ridiculous is all im saying

LTA
22-06-05, 22:18
im not saying that capping shouldnt be hard, or it shouldnt take long, but atm monk is ridiculous is all im sayingHardly its a long but can be done just cave solid, did ceres labs n capped int, and my ppu partner was well on the way to second woc wasnt that hard

Probs needs a slight up from solo work tho since everyone else caps solo well enuff

Jesterthegreat
22-06-05, 22:25
Hardly its a long but can be done

exactly.

there are good ways of int leveling, and bad ones. same as everything else`

-FN-
22-06-05, 22:32
I have a PPU and an APU I haven't touched leveling-wise in quite awhile. They've been at 95 INT for almost a year - MANY cave-runs, MC5-runs, Juggernaught-runs.... it just barely budges :( I'd vote a small or medium boost.

naimex
22-06-05, 22:39
at the risk of sounding like a monk hater...

THE INT XP GAIN HAS BEEN UPPED 4 TIMES ALREADY ITS ALREADY WAY FASTER THAN IT SHOULD BE!!!

SO STOP WHINING ABOUT IT ALREADY!!!!!!!

Just go out to El-Farid underground team up with a spy droner with AoE drone!

or somewhere similar with a billion zillion mobs and just blast them down 50 at a time.

a4nic8er
22-06-05, 22:55
or post a poll without stupid options.

i'd vote for no. its doable. however i wont vote for the idiotic option.

same here

Freaky Fryd
22-06-05, 23:34
or somewhere similar with a billion zillion mobs and just blast them down 50 at a time.

That's a very good reason INT should be so slow for monks.
APUs can drop barrels so fast, that are so powerful, that they can drop large amounts of mobs much faster than anyone else. My tank's AoE does a lot of damage per mob, but I can't fire anywhere near as fast/often. Plus, most monks can carry more "ammo" (boosters) can I can ammo (figure out how many shots they can do with theirs, versus what I can do), not that my gun slowly reloads if I just stand there (as a monk's psi does.)

Pistol, Rifle, Heavy and Melee users have to work longer to drop the same amount of mobs...

Plus, if you want to talk about slow experience gain, let's bring up CON on Tanks...my Tank's CON finally capped when I was 3/4 of the way to WoC STR +2 level...and I have eaten a lot of STR loms...

Brammers
23-06-05, 00:42
Yeap monks INT is way too slow. For INT 90-100 there is no point in putting those points into PSI Use, as must monks are capping all the spells.

Infinite
23-06-05, 00:44
I capped my first PPus int Before the MAGOR int gain increase.
No I didn't repair a rhino or anything.
My 2nd monk i capped Int researching/PPUing.

Doesn't need a raise TBH. Need to cap my APUs but it will cap in time.

Scanner Darkly
23-06-05, 00:45
Despite having 2 monks both with miserable INT stats, I don't think this aspect of the game needs altering.

imper1um
23-06-05, 00:48
THE INT XP GAIN HAS BEEN UPPED 4 TIMES ALREADY ITS ALREADY WAY FASTER THAN IT SHOULD BE!!!

How is it faster than it used to be? Seriously, all other classes get to level at 3/4s or better the rate for their second main skill, but INT on Monks is stagnant, about 15% the rate of PSI.

Pistol/Rifle Spies level INT at about 90% the rate of DEX. Droner Spies level DEX and INT at the exact same rate. Tanks level CON at about 60%-80% (depending on how much they get shot). PEs level everything at a proportional rate to other skills.

Nullvoid
23-06-05, 02:16
yes it needs a boost because how it is now just encourages people to use macros to cap int.

naimex
23-06-05, 03:04
Let me make 1 thing perfectly clear..

The ONLY way you can have capped psi and low int is if you boost yourself through the world.

I made a monk once somewhere in between the third and fourth monk int increase... and at psi 62 i had int 57...

Doing NOTHING but using spells and teaming up.

A tanks con as was mentioned earlier... there are 2 ways to do that...

1: Shoot yourself repeatedly which isnīt allowed anymore, and hasnīt been for quite a long time.

2: Go into chaos caves or something with a ppu and just stand there without armor and all the defense spells you can think of.

To be quite honest, Iīve always had a lot more trouble with my monks str and dex than INT. but thankfully there arent so many levels in those.

imper1um
23-06-05, 07:32
I capped my STR, DEX and CON about 2 days after I made the character. I am 96 PSI, and 80 INT. Unless you're hacking, I don't know how you can level INT over PSI.

sultana
23-06-05, 08:29
Both my spies I've levelled had intel at 96 when I capped dex.

I don't think the monks should be that high (I guess due to the AoE weapons they can use). But should be upped to something along the lines of 92-93ish intel.

Right now I think in most cases a monks intel is at 87ish intel when they cap psi, or even lower.

Xeno LARD
23-06-05, 09:04
Hell, its ok these days. I leveled an apu to 90ish int pretty fast actually, i cant see the problem with it.

Anyway, what do you need high int for anyway? All you need is what, 83 base int so you can wear a heavy fire belt? Thats like 30 million xp. Piss easy.

Crest
23-06-05, 11:19
I have a few things going for my Monks .... I created a monk on NC1 - Uranus and capped his psi in about a week to 15 days .... spent 1 month in MC5 and walked out with 95 int - else int would have been 85

My true PPU, who has had a resser chipset since NC2, has 98.5 mainly cause in NC1 he was our clans resser, NC2 I did a little lomong but did not touch and then spent a week doing 150 ress missions ........

100 is close when I have the time, plus another shitlaod to allow me to lom

Hell, its ok these days. I leveled an apu to 90ish int pretty fast actually, i cant see the problem with it.

Anyway, what do you need high int for anyway? All you need is what, 83 base int so you can wear a heavy fire belt? Thats like 30 million xp. Piss easy.
WOC, Hacking ....
Level 93/94 is the half way mark of EXP, that means that you need to acquire the same amount exp that got you to this level to cap ..... Its a long haul

mehirc
23-06-05, 14:10
If you start leveling for PSI-WOC, you will see hat the INT-gain is pretty much ok and you will reach lvl100 faster than you expected. PPUs even gain some more INT-xp.

Morganth
23-06-05, 14:33
How is it faster than it used to be? Seriously, all other classes get to level at 3/4s or better the rate for their second main skill, but INT on Monks is stagnant, about 15% the rate of PSI.

INT gain in NC2 is much faster than it was in NC1.

imper1um
23-06-05, 15:22

I use a Heavy Poison Belt. :p Little bit more than 83 Base INT :p

ZoVoS
25-06-05, 04:05
That's a very good reason INT should be so slow for monks.
APUs can drop barrels so fast, that are so powerful, that they can drop large amounts of mobs much faster than anyone else. My tank's AoE does a lot of damage per mob, but I can't fire anywhere near as fast/often. Plus, most monks can carry more "ammo" (boosters) can I can ammo (figure out how many shots they can do with theirs, versus what I can do), not that my gun slowly reloads if I just stand there (as a monk's psi does.)

Pistol, Rifle, Heavy and Melee users have to work longer to drop the same amount of mobs...

Plus, if you want to talk about slow experience gain, let's bring up CON on Tanks...my Tank's CON finally capped when I was 3/4 of the way to WoC STR +2 level...and I have eaten a lot of STR loms...

im so wierd, i capped con before i capped str, maby my tank gets his arse kicked far to much

eprodigy
25-06-05, 06:29
no, if theres going to be an overpowered/noskill class at least make it hard to level... i say make all monk stats that slow.

Koshinn
25-06-05, 06:41
no, if theres going to be an overpowered/noskill class at least make it hard to level... i say make all monk stats that slow.

If you hate monks so much, you do not want to make that argument. If your argument is implemented, then that would be like KK admitting monks are overpowered and that's how they planned it, they won't be nerfed because a leveling speed nerf would balance it according to you. Therefore the current monks would stay the way they are forever while there wouldn't really be any more new monks. Do you really want that?

By that same logic, PEs should be nerfed until they're worse than trade skill spies in pvp.... any class that can fully cap in less than a week (I've fully capped PEs multiple times in less than a week) should be far weaker than a class that never really caps (monks). Same goes with tanks, but they take a lil longer. :rolleyes:

eprodigy
25-06-05, 10:07
well obviously i dont expect KK to take any action whatsoever, so i dont even need to argue for them to leave the XP the same as theres no doubt it will be.

Superbron
25-06-05, 12:33
im not saying that capping shouldnt be hard, or it shouldnt take long, but atm monk is ridiculous is all im saying
Yes, INT on a monk is the most annoying thing to cap in this game. Compared to all other classes reaching cap this one is the most time-consuming. I say: boost the int-gain of monks!

ino
25-06-05, 13:44
Voted needs a medium boost.. Huge boost would take monk int up to spy int xp gain. But ppu's should gain a medium boost and apu's should gain a huge boost to catch up to ppu gain.

It was painfully annoying do reach 100 int on my ppu but it is extremly annoying to go higher than 93 int on apu..

ZoVoS
25-06-05, 14:48
i vote lowere every other skill slightly to fall in line with int =] but that option wasnt up there

ints like what 15% of psi, so psi should be lowererd not int raised, same for all the stats across the board, hehe