PDA

View Full Version : Worst Night in Months

BradSTL
22-06-05, 06:52
And you know, things were going so well. Bugs I cared about were getting fixed, Reakktor stopped crapping all over the Tsunami and actually threw us a couple of bones, we actually got the Tsunami Syndicate onto the map, and I actually bothered to fully cap a character without getting bored with it for the first time in three years. I hadn't had a bad time in Neocron 2 in at least a month, maybe longer.

[ edited ]

Well, fine. I could have waited six or eight hours for my clan's other hackers in Europe to login, but I figured that we had enough allies I didn't need to do that; I could get it done in no time and have it ready for my people when they logged in next. And, in fact, I had a volunteer to fill in the 3rd hacker I needed in only 10 minutes. [ edited ]

[ edited ] So he shoots me, a droner with no bird in the air, at point blank range. Fortunately, my friend finishes the second hack before having to log out to escape.

So I go back a little later with my other hacker, pop the third layer, get the message that says that outpost security has been completely reprogrammed. Yay. So I start making arrangements with a PPU to have my primary character resurrected ... and while I'm in chat, with a mid-level character, I get shot in the back [ edited ]

So, fine. I log a fourth character who's able to travel through Hacknet, hike the short distance to Syncon outpost in Hacknet, tag the terminal, it says reprogramming in progress ... and nothing happens. I wait a few minutes, put in a GM ticket, 3rd in line. 10 minutes later, I'm 1st in the line. And that's where I still am when I log out two hours and twelve minutes later. So basically, what I paid my $20 a month for, was so tonight I could get shot in the back twice by allies and then spend over two hours staring at a terminal that wasn't moving ... while keeping my mouth shut as long as possible, because I knew the ally killers would just come back and gank me again if they knew where I was.

Thank God Soylent Green was on Turner Classic Movies.

When I put that ticket in, it was 9:11 pm in the evening, St. Louis time, or if you prefer, 7:11 pm west coast time. That's absolutely peak usage time for Americans, and in case you hadn't noticed, your American customers are the tail that are wagging this European dog. Having no GMs online for a two hour period in the middle of peak usage times is just inexcusable, as inexcusable as ganking allies because they're defending their outpost in a way you don't approve of rather than talking it out.

I wish the map designers in this game sucked as badly as the rest of this game does, then I could just be out of here and not miss it. I've stuck around for three years, including returning after trying to stay away for a couple of months, because someone at Reakktor has an absolute fucking mind-boggling genius-level gift for telling a story through clues left in the game world. Neocron feels real to me in a way that no other MMO I've ever played has. I hate that, because if it weren't for that, I'd be in Matrix Online by this weekend.

So excuse me while I vent. I love this game, and things have mostly been going so well. But last night was the kind of night that makes less obsessive fans than me quit games.

CMaster
22-06-05, 12:15
GMs being on is a laregley random affair. Peak populartion full stop is between 8pm and 12am UK time, but I've waited that long before a response to a ticket before. Also, I gather they aren't fans of dealing with OP related tickets. It could well be brad that someone reset it in between you doing layer 3 and doing the hacknet layer.
As for the hints in the gameowrld and so on - well, my wanderings around at least 2 sectors in DoY shows that they have far more interesting NPCs than the city does - although lots of other sectors seem to lack all that. The things that are missing storyline wwise are - CityAdmin in no way come acorss as opressive - yet they are supposedly ment to be. The copbots do nothing save attack enemies, and there is no police-state sensation whatsoever. The other is we really need to hear something about what the faction want from us - even if its through clan epics or so on.

Vae Victis
22-06-05, 13:16
[ edited ]

CMaster
22-06-05, 13:54
Also, wasn't it you saying that only the losers cry about zerg and ninja? :P.

BradSTL
22-06-05, 14:09
Also, wasn't it you saying that only the losers cry about zerg and ninja? :P.
Well, yes. And you'll note that I said that the ninja hack was only an aggravation. And it was only that because I had a committment from the leader of that clan that the wouldn't do that while negotiations were still ongoing, and it only rose to the level of all-out annoyance because some of my own allies tried to stop me from taking it back.

[ edited ]

Original monk
22-06-05, 14:34
this is frustrating allready lol ? common brad :)

general conlusion

the OPscene is crap, the OPsystem is crap, the OP"tricks" some clans use get frustrating after a while ... gatling3 not being ingame ... only for a few lucky people it seems o_O ...

fights itself are also crap including zergs and amounts of ppu's you cant even imagine ...

owyeah, the bigger the clan .. the dirtier the tricks ...

bah i aint even going further ... OP's are bullshit

OPfights where GREAT !! (about 2 years ago .. witouth all the hassle)

thanx for youre attention, bye

Spiro
22-06-05, 15:31
Well, if you want an OP back, which has been hacked from an other Clan, while nobody of yours were online, then do it by yourself, and dont ask the whole alliance to help you.

You can hack OPs whenever you want, and we dont prefer to kill allies, there is no need for it to be exactly, weve got enough enemys out there...

The only reason you got killed for was that you asked in alliancechat that someone help you, thats all not more and not less...

So far and sry for my english :P

Tostino
22-06-05, 20:10
Well, if you want an OP back, which has been hacked from an other Clan, while nobody of yours were online, then do it by yourself, and dont ask the whole alliance to help you.

You can hack OPs whenever you want, and we dont prefer to kill allies, there is no need for it to be exactly, weve got enough enemys out there...

The only reason you got killed for was that you asked in alliancechat that someone help you, thats all not more and not less...

So far and sry for my english :P
So your clan killed him beacuse he asked for some hackers to help get the OP back for his clan? That doesn't seem right to me beacuse they hacked it from his clan when they had no one online first...

Jesterthegreat
22-06-05, 20:12
it shocks me that people havent already realised how pointless op wars are...

other than the odd job, i havent op warred in ages. who needs it? i no longer have to worry about who's allies with who, what clan zergs where, how many chars we got online, how many chars they got online...

theres plenty of fights to be found in anarchy zones, with much better rewards (and greater risks of course)

Gotterdammerung
22-06-05, 21:14
You know the drill. No naming names or bringing unwanted attention to clans/runners.

Please keep things of this nature in-game