PDA

View Full Version : [Request]All Access Button - Bring it Back?

Tratos
21-06-05, 16:40
When NC2 first started you could buy an all access button to add to yours apartment allowing anyone who wandered there to open it, doing so cost the runner pressing the button 500cr, this 500 credits then disapeared (RP: Was rumoured to be transfered illegaly to Freddy's Furniture Ltd.) These were then removed because of this.

Now heres the questions, are you hugely bothered about this cost for the price of having an open house shop? these buttons are insanly handy if you think about it as they dont have to be on the outside of your door (to my understandling)

For example Heavyporker who is securely stood behind his large store counter could place one od these buttons in the "staff only" area of his store then could check local and open the door without coming from his safe area, protecting him from potential attackers.

Another Example, the DoY level 3/clan appartments are really quite annoying to have to run all the way up and round to open the door, with one of these buttons, people could be let in from downstairs in the apartment.

So, would you like KK to bring back the all access button?

Check out the poll and please post your opinion.

-FN-
21-06-05, 17:23
Yes, bring it back but only when it is fixed.

enigma_b17
21-06-05, 17:50
aggreed fix it first, then bring it back.

Brammers
21-06-05, 18:03
Definatly bring it back!

enigma_b17
21-06-05, 18:31
the ideal alternative to that is to give an apartment a list of allowed people, like gr settings, except u can add and remove access for specific runners, and even give em access to your cabinets.

Toxen
21-06-05, 19:53
Im for both idea's especially the having an access list for your appartment would make it ideal for player setup shops as the ones that are sposed to be in tech-haven have vanished with out a trace.

Seriously is it that hard to change the script of the doorbells so its not taking 500cr heck if my assumptions are correct you'd need a text editor with a find function and you could just replace the 500 value with 0 or 1 if 0 would cause game problems.

Brammers
21-06-05, 20:21
And also add hackable door access interfaces!

Argent
21-06-05, 20:39
And also add hackable door access interfaces!

Hear hear. Would really help doing RP stuff, ie stealing documents, assasination... Lovely.

Tratos
21-06-05, 20:46
Hear hear. Would really help doing RP stuff, ie stealing documents, assasination... Lovely.
Sounds kick ass to me.

athon
21-06-05, 23:44
I'd also like to see 'all access' cabinets that could be used, for example, as a mailbox for items.

Athon Solo

Philchow
22-06-05, 00:17
What would be cool is a button with some kind of Buddy List when you right click on it before you install it. Here you enter the names of your friend who can access the apartment and the cabs. If you want to add or removes some names, just uninstall it, modify it, and reinstall it.

ArthurDent2k
22-06-05, 01:25
What would be cool is a button with some kind of Buddy List when you right click on it before you install it. Here you enter the names of your friend who can access the apartment and the cabs. If you want to add or removes some names, just uninstall it, modify it, and reinstall it.
*sigh* Oh my God, THAT would be a rather cool addition...yeah, like a clanappa for friends...nice one :)

imper1um
22-06-05, 01:30
Proposed Idea for Security Changes (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=125557)

Skusty
22-06-05, 12:47
Cant you be able to change your aparment security as for ops? I wanna allowmy clan to acces my viarosso aparatment for loming etc ;) But i dont want them to loot my cabs :lol:

LiL T
22-06-05, 14:38
I would be real nice if they could add an appartment that works just like a shop, it would have a hole people could trade items through. See attached picture, now would this not be a great way to get player shops started without to much coding. It would basicly be a clan appartment and allow the trade skillers to run a store for long amounts of time depending on the size of the clan. It could be ran 24 hours a day 7 days a week :)

Tratos
22-06-05, 15:38
That what i was hoping player shops would be then you just bought NPCs and then right clicked them and gave them stuff to sell and such, i assume that the player shops are going to be in TH sector 3 where the old shops where which are now what appears to be heavy duty lifts.

Infinite
22-06-05, 17:36
heh... u can get it so n e 1 can get in.. its jsut not Very RP like atm hehe :)

Bring back the button :)

Tratos
24-06-05, 09:57
hehe seems the community deffinetly wants this back :) alot even in its current state :)

eprodigy
25-06-05, 03:16
I would be real nice if they could add an appartment that works just like a shop, it would have a hole people could trade items through. See attached picture, now would this not be a great way to get player shops started without to much coding. It would basicly be a clan appartment and allow the trade skillers to run a store for long amounts of time depending on the size of the clan. It could be ran 24 hours a day 7 days a week :)
yeah a custom one would be nice made for that, the Pepper park "large" apartment has a grate next to the door that i was thought for a second about that idea for it but realized you cant target through it :( I do like this idea, to protect the seller