PDA

View Full Version : (hugz) for DEVs.

imper1um
21-06-05, 03:04
I give you guys two thumbs up. HackNet is phun now! I wasn't here before HackNet got fuxxored up, but it's awesomely fun and there's now potential to make a pure hacker as a hacker.

I say, two thumbs up to you guys.

Nullvoid
21-06-05, 18:50
at what stage is it fun? levelling up from noob or going in near capped? I remember trying to level a hacknet spy up right about the time the spell ranges got nerfed and it was a nightmare, I'm slightly dubious about going back to it altho ur post has tempted me I have to admit.

nobby
21-06-05, 19:49
At first, the XP was sick and the Damage was super!

I got my mate to create a trial account and he got he spy's dex and INT to 80 on his 6th day!

Now they've nerfed it all...

and for what?

Exioce
21-06-05, 20:17
i respectfully disagree. killing a 80/80 mob in hacknet gives 30K to your main stat (Int), whereas in the wastes the xp from killing an 80/80 ranges anywhere from 50K to 100K. as long as such a discrepancy remains hacknet is no fun for me :(

CMaster
21-06-05, 20:22
As long as hacknet is a nerfed version of psi combat with non of the variety, and the world remains a monocromatic piece of crap with no level desig imagination, hacknet holds no interest to me. In other words: to make hacknet good, scrap the half-arsed creation atm and make a REAL cyberspace. Go play system shock or read some Gibson.

ZoVoS
22-06-05, 00:10
As long as hacknet is a nerfed version of psi combat with non of the variety, and the world remains a monocromatic piece of crap with no level desig imagination, hacknet holds no interest to me. In other words: to make hacknet good, scrap the half-arsed creation atm and make a REAL cyberspace. Go play system shock or read some Gibson.

William Gibson's mmmmm

Scanner Darkly
22-06-05, 04:15
Yes please KK I hope you're reading this - make HN into this!
:angel:
http://www.sdarkly.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/nc/neuro.jpg
http://www.sdarkly.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/nc/neuro2.jpg

or maybe if you update the game engine you could do this vvv
http://www.sdarkly.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/nc/sshock.jpg

Yes HN gets a little tiresome, I tried it for a couple of weeks on a high level hacker and had my fill...

Tho it might improve if you indulge in controlled substances, not sure...

[edited for engrish]

imper1um
22-06-05, 05:10
Well, it's fun now that I can't get pwned all the time by 20/20 mobs :(

It's not the levelling aspect (oh yeah, btw, levelling needs to be tweaked in HN), it's the phun aspect. The ability to go into TH and run around without dieing as soon as I get in is a 100%+ :D

CMaster
22-06-05, 12:21
or maybe if you update the game engine you could do this vvv
http://www.sdarkly.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/nc/sshock.jpg

Yes HN gets a little tiresome, I tried it for a couple of weeks on a high level hacker and had my fill...

Tho it might improve if you indulge in controlled substances, not sure...

[edited for engrish]

In all honestly, thats something like what I expected for hacknet, seeing as the obvious gibson influences in NC. I expected somewhere brightly coloured and completely different to the "real world" of NC. Not just the real world of NC made monorcommatic and spells renamed as "software". I'm still praying that one day we are told "hacknet has been removed, and we are replacing it with a non-half-arsed, 5 minute bodge-job".
All you are enjoyiing impe1um, is things actually being possible again. Its a relative thing. It doesnt actually make hacknet good. The only people who like hacknet atm are those in love with the cyberpunk ideas (got one in the clan) and force themselves to, saying all the while "the life of a hacknet hacker is good, honestly".

ZoVoS
22-06-05, 13:40
tiz not hacknet suks, its the maps suk, sorry mun, oh and the gravity

gravity should be drasticaly reduces, not everything should be linked,

ok i may be running on a 1.2 gig hdd and my 3d design program happens to be like 900 meg, but i can run it of the cd, gimmi some time and ill post a what i think hacknet should be about)