PDA

View Full Version : Swampcave Doors

-FN-
21-06-05, 00:57
Swampcaves are a popular leveling choice among mid-high level players. I think everyone will agree though that the single-most frustrating thing in these dungeons are the DAMN DOORS and the mobs that get stuck in them. These mobs then ignore the clipping plane, hit you from across the map, and some how do double or better damage.

Why not just redo the doorways - instead of going into the side, make them go upward or, better yet, just remove them! Why are there "doors" inside a cave anyway o_O Worm Tunnels don't have them, they have small crawlspaces. Chaos Caves don't have them, they have crawlspaces too. So why on Earth do the Swamp caves have them? There's no clipping problem in the other caves... with good reason :p

Remove the doors or make them retract upwards instead.

NONpk
21-06-05, 01:00
yeah, remove them... they are sometimes really annoying.

eprodigy
21-06-05, 01:02
there not doors they are "rocks" =)

yes they have taken many innocent lives. and FN your on a roll :cool:

Scanner Darkly
21-06-05, 02:06
This is a pet peeve of mine. Not only do mobs get stuck in them, but it's quite easy for a runner to, especially if a large team is leveling and people trickle from room to room...

Narrow cavelike tunnel/crawlspaces would be a lot nicer, and maybe even some water to swim through? You could add some forgotten/lost artifacts or whatnot to make it look interesting.

And who's that creepy gothy female PE in f-02 swamp cave?

imper1um
21-06-05, 03:00
The thing I hate is getting stuck in them, and it's very easy considering you move at 25% speed in water.

Mr Kot
21-06-05, 03:10
On the subject of doors, remove them from damn subway cars too. They only get stuck (especially at midnight) and you can't get on or off. If the doors stay open, you can get off at any point.

Ah, the mysterious "null" NPC. You got no reward for killing the (null). Pick on someone your own size! There's one in the grave too in one of the caged off rooms at the end where the Bloodviper King is. She's really easy to kill ( with no hitbox, tho O_o) and makes a noise like a snake on dying. Weird.

I can only assume it's an error in the zone's spawn code where it tried to spawn the wrong mob and Miss Null appears instead. :confused:

Original monk
21-06-05, 09:25

leave the null alone, she's so kind :)

Xeno LARD
21-06-05, 09:30
What i hate even more than getting stuck in those damn doors, is when the shaman is on about 2% health and then gets stuck in the fucking wall.
Worst about it is that he can insta-hit you then. No chance to get away alive. :mad:
Can't even count the times that shit killed me. :)

Mechanicus
21-06-05, 17:54
swampcaves are too easy though, i can heal through a whole room of of the mobs there with just tl10 heal

Nullvoid
21-06-05, 19:11
swampcaves are too easy though, i can heal through a whole room of of the mobs there with just tl10 heal

standing on the walkways or in the water?

Mechanicus
21-06-05, 19:19
anywhere

Argent
21-06-05, 19:58
You can't outheal multiple mobs while standing on the ground, even with insane amount of PR and VK / heavy poison belt it would be hard, if not impossible.

Standing in water is another story......

Darkana
21-06-05, 20:01
And who's that creepy gothy female PE in f-02 swamp cave?Same as the goth girl in the grave and I think there is another one in a crystal cave. If I recall correctly, these are "should-be-plants" ...

Anyway, I got stuck a "few" times in these doors in the swamp cave. This won't happen if you are careful, though. Worst are the mobs doing wallhacks and not getting banned for it :wtf: You can call yourself lucky, though, a Malfunction STORM unit likes to do this, too, with pretty much deadlier results for you :lol:

Using no doors with the current levels: I wait for the first one crying about the shaman camping players at the zoneline. Using small holes to crawl through: Belt collectors place, similar to the funny place near Tescom Uplink. :cool:

To make it short: Annoying, yes, but rather easily circumvented, there are far more annoying/game disrupting problems to solve currently :(