PDA

View Full Version : A few things that are really annoying

LiL T
21-06-05, 00:33
The new PSI cast anitmation has got to go I'm sick of trying to buff up only to get this waving arms crap for a full 5 seconds wtf is up with that ? o_O

Strange lines comming from vehicals and certain mobs inline with the crosshair see screen its been there for months!!

Vehicals not spawning properly (sorry if this has been fixed but I have not seen anything in the patch notes) the last time I used a vehical, which was alot for getting around to lvling areas. I had to respawn it like 10 times untill I could drive it without getting sent straight back to the ASG when getting off, you know what I mean unable to zone on vehical etc.

Thats all for now till I can or someone else has any others

CMaster
21-06-05, 00:39
I hate the wavey hands, and a clanmate of mine has had the line bugs since he started NC2.

LiL T
21-06-05, 00:44
I hate the wavey hands, and a clanmate of mine has had the line bugs since he started NC2.
Thats instresting is he using a Geforce graphics card ?

Xephonas
21-06-05, 01:12
i use a geforce 3 (rofl, getting a geforce 6600 soon) and i get lines on mobs, but only small things, like scorpions, crabs etc

LiL T
21-06-05, 01:52
I can only assume whatever they did with the graphics back then was to improve the memory useage or something, which is good thats getting done.

But come on it looks shit and unfinished to a new customer

I use a Geforce 4 TI 4200 btw yeah I know its old now...

Mr Kot
21-06-05, 03:21
I've never come across any lines like that

The only lines i'm sick of seing are the ones on the damn synching screen.

Transformer
21-06-05, 05:26
i had the lines in beta and beginning of retail. all i had to do is reinstall DX9 and BAM. fixed.

Sanzen
21-06-05, 10:56
Lil go to ini in neocron2, open detail.ini. change Misctexturedetails to 1 close and make it read-only. With DX7 it looks perfect but in dx9 you'll have some problems :)

Torg
21-06-05, 11:20
those crosshair-meeting lines are DX9 only, switch to DX 7 and its gone

imper1um
21-06-05, 12:06
The wavey hands bug is caused when your client lags, and the packet that is sent to the server is lost that says you are casting the spell. The delayed reaction bug is when the packet is lost when it goes from server to client. However, the client will update your reaction when a ping is sent to detect your current status.

Freaky Fryd
21-06-05, 13:55
Speaking of vehicle spawn bugs...I had this happen the other day when someone's Rhino was sitting there and I spawned my reveler. O_o

numb
21-06-05, 14:01
I have those stupid lines too. Useful for finding mobs when you're hunting (although it feels like cheating).

I have a Geforce Ti 4600. I think I'll try reinstalling Dx9. My mate has a ti 4200 and no lines, so that might be it.

Argent
21-06-05, 14:03
Yeah. the waving hands suck big time.

Also, add random mission selection to the MAJORLY annoying things.

enigma_b17
21-06-05, 14:24
i agree 100% lilt. That stupid animation has casued me to die so many times I cant even begin to count. Cast, cast fails and wavey hands prevails, wait 10 seconds to cast again, dead. The animation needs to go or that no-cast wavey hands has to be eliminated

numb
21-06-05, 14:32
Why does this no cast thing happen in the first place? Is there really a 10 second time out before you can retry the cast (I normally move my character a little and retry until it works).

I also have exactly the same thing with my hack tool every single time I use it. I hack in 1st person, have to face away from the target, until the hack animation has run through, then I've got to turn around so the target (WB) is freshly highlighted and press the button again. It's always been this way for me, is this just a bug I experience?

enigma_b17
21-06-05, 14:38
well 10 seconds is a slight over-exaggeration.

not sure why it happens its a miscast, and I am unable to do anything until my hands have stopped doing the macarena.

CMaster
21-06-05, 14:45
i agree 100% lilt. That stupid animation has casued me to die so many times I cant even begin to count. Cast, cast fails and wavey hands prevails, wait 10 seconds to cast again, dead. The animation needs to go or that no-cast wavey hands has to be eliminated
Same. One of the things that seems to encourage it is quickly swapping between spells. Which explains why HAB kills me more fotne that it should - when that happens, you need to swap REAL quickly from S to H to D. If you get a wavey hands at any of those points, you are probably gonna be dead soon.

Original monk
21-06-05, 14:48
well 10 seconds is a slight over-exaggeration..

those 10 seconds even seem longer when youre in the middle of a big fight and those seconds mean life or dead :D

Tratos
21-06-05, 14:52
Some thing that gets to me a little is that Hack Booster give you PSI Energy :p

Its the little things aswell as the big that can really help atmosphere.

LiL T
21-06-05, 14:53
How does one reinstall DX9 since its built into windows just like IE is and I'm I allowed to change a setting in the detail.ini file ?

CMaster
21-06-05, 15:04
Changing ini file settings is allowed, yes. IF you have a copy of a DX9.0c installer arround, run it and see if it gives reinstall option.

Nullvoid
21-06-05, 15:06
when u get wavey hands, it lasts exactly as long as it would have taken you to cast whatever spell you were trying to use. So unless you've got fully capped freq on your spells it can be quite deadly.

Antibuffed -> wavey hands when trying to shelter -> plenty time for them to slap a noob shelter on you -> wavey hands when trying to heal -> not so healthy ppu.

Transformer
21-06-05, 20:54
How does one reinstall DX9 since its built into windows just like IE is and I'm I allowed to change a setting in the detail.ini file ?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx

now remember you have to use Internet Explorer to goto microsoft websites.