PDA

View Full Version : No pvp server but..............

ROZZER187
20-06-05, 22:20
would you guys like to see a nc1 server instead of a pvp server but with basically the same ideas implemented eg weapon drop no safe zones sl regeneration, old f6 factions etc

i know it prolly wont happen but it would be very sexy.

just a thought ( puts on inq 4 armour)

Philchow
20-06-05, 22:23
Just http://medias2.jeuxonline.info/forums/jol/images/smilies/love.gif

But as you said, it won't happen. :(

Skusty
20-06-05, 22:23
Yeah, pvp server would be sexyr in nc1 than nc2 tbh, lesser bugs and much nicer and lesser lags for people that does not havea über comp so they dont lag as in nc as i do t.ex in nc1 lesserlag :)

Jesterthegreat
20-06-05, 22:27
pvp server with nc1 faction alliances would do me.

the proposed belt drop, the proposed sl changes, no LE, no stealth, ppu's weakened...

pretty much early nc1 / late beta... but with any item in inv dropping, not just a QB item

:edit: before anyone says "but i need stealth" or "i only play a ppu" well thats fine. don't play this server

LTA
20-06-05, 22:31
just err fix the uber hyb a bit so hes not a god in the field of war

numb
20-06-05, 23:45
Yeah I'd be just as happy playing on an NC1 server, especially if it's the only way we can get a fresh server. Although doesnt the current NC1 server have database troubles?

Vae Victis
21-06-05, 00:17
ppu's weakened...wanna bet an APU/PPU combo would still ******** that server ?

just make it 3 class restricted; Tank, Spy and Private Eye.

LiL T
21-06-05, 00:42
wanna bet an APU/PPU combo would still ******** that server ?

just make it 3 class restricted; Tank, Spy and Private Eye.
It would be a dream come true :(

Pure fights no PPU to unbalance it and no APU to destroy you in 6 - 8 quick HL's from behind

LTA
21-06-05, 00:44
wanna bet an APU/PPU combo would still ******** that server ?

just make it 3 class restricted; Tank, Spy and Private Eye.Could try reducing the psi cap for the monk, less points to play with less possibilites of pure dominance like 50 ish for a ppu or something gonna need a decent healer for the caving side if the char wasnt pure capped might help take the god edge away dunno

Vae Victis
21-06-05, 00:54
might help take the god edge away dunnoany player who knows HOW to play a godlike PPU can still be godlike with less PSI (points). it would only mean less mana (for more PPU points, less PPW) but you can counter it by pure PSU, if that's what you mean.

just completely "ban" monks from a PvP server, that way you only fight Tanks, Spies and PEs, aka PEs will be godlike :D (plus stealthless)

in my opinion, PPUs ruin the PvP. I know since I ONLY PLAY PPU ! I tried tanks, no good with em, tried spies, I died too quick, tried PE's.. nothing wrong with my PE.
I just like PPUs better; never die and they're the hardest class to play, therefor the hardest to master/be the best. I used to play games to be the best. I didn't play SoF2 for fun, I played to win, get up in the ranks/ladder, eventually ended up number 2 in the competition.

on topic; PvP server without monks is a MUST.

Infinite
21-06-05, 00:59
110% for a NC1 server, I'd love to play NC properly again. I hate NC2 with a passion, only play it b/c i can't play NC1.

Monk things a bit harsh..... remove para, remove forigen cast heal.#

NC1.... sex omg just thinking about decent fights again is great.. the good old days. WHy did shitty NC2 come out n e way.

Vae Victis
21-06-05, 01:01
no matter how much you nerf PPUs, some people will still end up being godlike, therefor owning the sectors.
and, having a PPU just to have holy s/d and a heal (and buffs) is a big advantage in PvP. It just wouldn't be fair.

offcourse people can team up with eachother and go for 1 particular PE/Tank/Spy.. but that's the community's fault, not KK's.

you see where I'm trying to get? PPUs ruin it, no matter what you do.
1) remove stun.. hell holy s/d/heal is good enough to win right! you can always noobbuff.
2) no PPUs/monks will mean no more antibuffing/noobbuffing, = more "fair" fights.
3) PE's would be king of the hill, simply because they can use (and have better stats) on a shelter, plus quality armor AND a damageboost (major advantage for PEs)
4) wouldn't you like to see the old pp1 fights? PE vs Tank/PE or whatever.
simply no PPUs.

PPUs takes away the skill in PvP. and trust me - if you wanna make a PvP server, people will mainly play coz THEY think THEY'RE skilled (mainly Terra (read: saturn/pluto) ego)
if you think you're skilled.. what better way to prove it WITHOUT PPUs ?

I made my point, end of discussion - I won the discussion.
PvP server WITHOUT PPUs is a must.
90% of the community will be with me.
KK.. try to listen once to your costumers and give them what they want.
kthnxbye

Infinite
21-06-05, 01:05
I think the main issue then is why are PPUs in every fight now. Nothing has changed. used to be fighting in p/pp zone line all the time in pluto and rarely n e fuss about PPUs (except when ************ force were there, more PPus than attackers, but thas ************ force for u)

At the MB zone line there is often fighting with no PPUS.
Removing monks totally i don't like the idea of, I'm not even a monk person, but cyberpunk with no monks isn't cyberpunk.

Vae Victis
21-06-05, 01:07
cyberpunk with no monks isn't cyberpunk.Imho, monks arent "cyberpunk". they're classes from the middle ages, classes that are oldskool in every way possible.

If you want my description of cyberpunk; "Private Eye"

Infinite
21-06-05, 01:17
WHat about mages? Shamans? Witch doctors?

Monks in NC are far from the monks i woudl assosiate with any Cyberpunk world but then again i would like them there more than nothing. PSI users do seem more king arthor than extremely techinical scientists using complex nanites and "stuff". There should be a sort of "magic" but calling lighting from the sky 105 times a minute isn't what i expected when I started 3 years ago :)

LTA
21-06-05, 02:03
All the rifles and pistols would need bringing upto nc2 standard since a majority were borked, we will see armies of pes instead of ppus it wont be much diff, spies maybe if them weapons are solid.

PPU should be boostin to a pe level and with the way PE's can be setup now the knowledge is out it wont be many days before the pe whines appear and you gotta level in the caves and stuff.
Add back the spirit mods.... make em take both s/d of the ppu and cause a Moqsuito blocking effect to em so once that ppu is debuffed you get a good 5/10 seconds to rip his proverbial head of just make it so it only works on monks or something.

tho i will take a nice working exe spy over any other class that would be in nc1 if the exe was fixed....

The only king of the hill in the nc1 world would be them damn pb20 droners.... with there buggy drones kickin ass

The main thing i would love is the no lockdown of the entire map... adn i do hate ppus but dunno they should have some or even just apu ones alone coz they like tissue unbuffed

Also how far backwards into nc 1 would you like to go? before mc5 days etc?

Vae Victis
21-06-05, 02:33
Also how far backwards into nc 1 would you like to go? before mc5 days etc?keep the mc5's.

back to the days where everyone had a rifle PE. PA-less that is :)
but loose the stealth. you had some people worthy fighting/killing.

Nullvoid
21-06-05, 02:40
yea, we want to see every duel only involving PE's wielding phosphor modded street rifles ^^, that would be hardcore, that would be cyberpunk...

Vae Victis
21-06-05, 14:07
If you know you're good on (lowtech) PE's, try using a tl 30ish Rifle and PvP a capped tank :p

Xeno LARD
21-06-05, 14:11
Nah, NC1 wasnt better.

PvP server all the way.

Vae Victis
21-06-05, 14:20
Nah, NC1 wasnt better.I guess you like having 2 PPU buttplugs on every enemy you encounter :rolleyes: (that is if you're enemy to FF)

ROZZER187
22-06-05, 21:38
wouldn't mind em taking it back to when mc5 chips had no reqs :D

herc in a melee pe :lol:

E. Cryton
22-06-05, 21:46
ds in a rifle pe :)

LTA
22-06-05, 22:07
Good test would be for KK to make a server no charge on it for a bit or a smaller charge like say 5 quid a month lol roll it back to a certain patch.
Even let people make models etc like they used to have a mod community just dont support it at all ie no db recovering nothing, let peeps make stuff stories, play the server themselves without kk interference, just mayeb them watchin it seein how it goes.

See how many people play on it

Sanzen
23-06-05, 04:54
leave everything as it is now. pvp server will kill everthing, half ppl will go there, rest will stay at their home servers. And what wew ill have? 5 servers with 100ppl population in prime times.