PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Change the way neocron saves Images

james_finn
20-06-05, 21:13
Ok, simple request here, I would like to see the format that neocron saves the pictures in from .bmp to .jpg . The main reason is the sive of the *multiple* folders of images I have from beta 4 to now, and it would make more sense to dump them as a .jpg file. I dont know how feasible it is, or wether they would need to pay royalties to the person who developed the algorithm or anything, before you go flaming me!

Any way make sure you vote, and if you agree then give the thread stars!

Delphi

-FN-
20-06-05, 21:16
Run a Batch Job Conversion through Photoshop when you want to archive. Otherwise I prefer having the exact in-game quality as the initial screenshot. RYL for instance saves their screenshots in reduced JPG format and some things that look awesome in-game look like complete crap with the JPG artifacts all over the screenshot version. Had to vote no, sorry :(

Sakletare
20-06-05, 21:19
The problem is that saving the screenshots as jpg would use extra CPU power, most people doesn't want that while playing.
Also, if you are going to edit the screenshot and use it in some way the jpg isn't any good since it is destructive.

Jesterthegreat
20-06-05, 21:26
sorry del, i'd rather have high quality pics, and convert em if needed.

voted no

Xylaz
20-06-05, 21:28
give us the option to save either in .jpg or .bmp - simple enough?

editable in neocron.ini, for example

easy task eh?
the problem is, it has been proposed hundreds of time already...