PDA

View Full Version : Crash after picking character

Superbron
18-06-05, 15:58
Does anybody else have this problem after the latest patch? I can login, choose a server, but when I pick a character to play my screen freezes. I can only get my pc running again when I CTRL-ALT-TAB out and end the process client.exe. Sometimes (about 5%) however I can login. I never had this problem so far. On another computer everything works fine, but this pc is really having a hard time to get in NC2. Any suggestions?

Edit: resume does its work a lot better: I don't crash then, but using resume doesn't let me change character :(

a4nic8er
18-06-05, 16:10
XP firewall (or another firewall) blocking client.exe since version change?

Superbron
18-06-05, 16:22
XP firewall (or another firewall) blocking client.exe since version change?
Nope, it's not that. I disabled the firewall and no change whatsoever.

NONpk
18-06-05, 16:47
Mh, i know a problem like this one... sometimes when i try to log a char i always get crashes and fatal runtime errors...
Try to change from DX9 to DX7 and change your resolution from 1024x768x32 to 800x600x16 in the Neocron Launcher. Then log into the Game once and change it back to DX9 and for example 1024x768x32. Always works on my PC.

If it doesnt work reboot your PC :)

Asatru
18-06-05, 17:46
Does anybody else have this problem after the latest patch? I can login, choose a server, but when I pick a character to play my screen freezes. I can only get my pc running again when I CTRL-ALT-TAB out and end the process client.exe. Sometimes (about 5%) however I can login. I never had this problem so far. On another computer everything works fine, but this pc is really having a hard time to get in NC2. Any suggestions?

Edit: resume does its work a lot better: I don't crash then, but using resume doesn't let me change character :(

Had that happen this week, had to uninstall NC, and do a defrag, my drive was 47% fraged, did defrag and then reinstalled, worked ok for a day or 2, then 0it happend again, in the end i had to reinstall windows and havnt had a problem since.

Superbron
19-06-05, 21:31
Had that happen this week, had to uninstall NC, and do a defrag, my drive was 47% fraged, did defrag and then reinstalled, worked ok for a day or 2, then 0it happend again, in the end i had to reinstall windows and havnt had a problem since.Thanks! Defragging my harddisk now. Hope it will turn out good, because a new XP-install will require a lot of effort in getting other programmes installed on my harddisk again.

CMaster
19-06-05, 23:06
Just started to happen to me. Happens to a clan mate as well - the trick (apparently) is not to double clikc on a face, but to single-clikc, then a face.

Superbron
19-06-05, 23:25
Just started to happen to me. Happens to a clan mate as well - the trick (apparently) is not to double clikc on a face, but to single-clikc, then a face.
:wtf: :confused: That sounds weird. I'll give it a try in a minute.

Edit: single-click doesn't solve my problem :( Thanks anyway Cmaster

Superbron
20-06-05, 00:05
single-clicking a char does improve my chances to get into game slightly. But on the other hand it could be the defragging as well that contributes. Still getting in on the first attempt every time. Sometimes, my pc locks up completely. :mad:

eprodigy
20-06-05, 04:17
i noticed sometimes that new "char online for XX seconds" thing doesnt come up and if i hit resume after the login fails once (because im still online with another char it says) then i get "Update game data.." which never finishes and i have to ALT F4...