PDA

View Full Version : Mercury won't be PVP

BaDDaSS
17-06-05, 20:48
I doubt Mercury will become a PVP server.
The announcement did say "we may change our mind".

On the German forums they are having a vote, and at the moment the stances are.

"No, I am against Mercury becomming a PvP server. However a PvP server would be nice" as winning with 32.79%

Followed by "Only if all Chars (+ complete possessiosn) may transfer am I in agreement with Mercury becomming a PVP Server" at 24.59%

See for yourself here (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.neocron.com%2Fforumdisplay.php%3Ff%3D22&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools).

Although this vote is by the community, and not official, it has been made a sticky.

Infinite
17-06-05, 20:52
Its onlt winning because its the german forum and a german server. The same vote on english would blatantly get a 90% yes

Toxen
17-06-05, 21:02
Lets set one up then the votes in no way official on the german server, and if a decision was made based on user opinions it would have to take into account players from every server.

Tratos
17-06-05, 21:11
Thing is its biased if they asked people from Terra, as Terra players probably arnt bothered aslong as they get a PvP server besides alot of people want the PvP server to be fresh and only 1 slot.

BaDDaSS
17-06-05, 21:15
Go to the German boards and vote "Ja, ich möchte das der Server Mercury zum PvP Server ummodelliert wird." :D

LiL T
17-06-05, 21:35
I gave up hope for a PVP server about a week ago I know it will never happen :rolleyes:

Tidus_Origin
17-06-05, 22:38
I gave up hope for a PVP server about a week ago I know it will never happen :rolleyes:

True. KK wont shell out for a new server (will they?), Merc players will be pissed off if KK try and use Merc as the PvP server. Likewise for Terra/Mars/Pandore.

At least that's my view on the situation.

imper1um
17-06-05, 22:49
Really, I wouldn't care if Mars, Mercury, Terra or Pandore was made PvP, as long as ONE of them was made that way.

Dr Strange
18-06-05, 00:12
Really, I wouldn't care if Mars, Mercury, Terra or Pandore was made PvP, as long as ONE of them was made that way.

Well, it'd kinda suck for Terra, all the time invested into chars that are capped and whatnot (unless we're allowed to keep them)

BaDDaSS
18-06-05, 02:58
As long as there is a full transfer option, I see no problem.

Infinite
18-06-05, 03:35
Let anyone trasnfer chars from "the server" to any server.
Wipe that server
Make it 1 or 2 slot
Make it the neptune dream

bi0
18-06-05, 11:45
I'm just glad I have high level chars left over from Pluto and Saturn :) I had to do something to pass Uranus server downtime (which seemed frequent!)

ArthurDent2k
18-06-05, 11:52
Well, it'd kinda suck for Terra, all the time invested into chars that are capped and whatnot (unless we're allowed to keep them)Yeah, you see, that's why the Merc population is against that transformation :angel:
Nothing to say against a PvP-Server but its the world I live in and it's even more about the style we were overrun by the Planfile...

Strict "Yes" to PvP-Server itself but not the only german multiSlot,no. I mean hell i capped 4 Chars on it :wtf:

Jesterthegreat
18-06-05, 12:39
Yeah, you see, that's why the Merc population is against that transformation :angel:
Nothing to say against a PvP-Server but its the world I live in and it's even more about the style we were overrun by the Planfile...

Strict "Yes" to PvP-Server itself but not the only german multiSlot,no. I mean hell i capped 4 Chars on it :wtf:

at least germans would have another german server to play...

theres just the one for everyone else.

a single country gets more servers than the rest of the world...l

Tratos
18-06-05, 12:44
In my opinion this was one of KKs mistakes, Making different servers with different player allowances per account if all servers were the same (excluding support languages obviously) problems like this wouldnt occur.

Darkana
18-06-05, 15:19
at least germans would have another german server to play...Another server where 75% of your chars would get lost in a way, if transfered. That's not an option.

theres just the one for everyone else.

a single country gets more servers than the rest of the world...lAwwww.... how many servers do you need to play on?

Jesterthegreat
18-06-05, 16:39
Another server where 75% of your chars would get lost in a way, if transfered. That's not an option.

Awwww.... how many servers do you need to play on?

you would get to keep 25% more of your chars on a server made for your language than the int community.

and considering the amount of crying on the german forums lets not get patronising about servers hmmk?

Vae Victis
18-06-05, 20:00
ahum.. sucky translator.
I bet Jesterthegreat can do a better job translating german to english.

what is the sense one probably pvp server? there is no way in hell Eric talks english like this.

E. Cryton
18-06-05, 21:02
was that meant to be a translation of what i said on the german forums 0.o ?
well, someone said its kinda stupid to make rare weapons sold at traders, and i asked what the intention of a pvp server is ...
to lvl, hunt rare parts to have a rare weapon (with bad stats, maybe not even good for pvp) or to go out, and start fighting ... ?!

Vae Victis
19-06-05, 03:12
was that meant to be a translation of what i said on the german forums 0.o ?
well, someone said its kinda stupid to make rare weapons sold at traders, and i asked what the intention of a pvp server is ...
to lvl, hunt rare parts to have a rare weapon (with bad stats, maybe not even good for pvp) or to go out, and start fighting ... ?!as I said to you before.. stay away from drugs :D:D:D:D
come on vent if your on, havent talked to you in a while :(

imper1um
19-06-05, 09:20
Well, it'd kinda suck for Terra, all the time invested into chars that are capped and whatnot (unless we're allowed to keep them)
That's exactly what I would want to happen. I would want to keep my characters, but the server turns PvP.

eprodigy
19-06-05, 10:08
turn all servers into PVP server... problem solved no char transfer needed. everyones happy.........

Kierz
20-06-05, 03:49
Is there anything wrong with just transfering all merc chars onto terra, then for the sake of it make mars international 1 slot as well?

1x PVP Server (I'd say 2 slot, pvp char and a tradeskiller)
1x 4 Slot int
1x 1 Slot int

Call them whatever names ya like :p Pandora are owned by another company so ignore them.

International means international, try makeing different language trade channels instead of nc/doy (everyone just uses nc anyway? and ooc included, sidenote move that to the top of the list damn you)

eprodigy
20-06-05, 04:20
Is there anything wrong with just transfering all merc chars onto terra, then for the sake of it make mars international 1 slot as well?

1x PVP Server (I'd say 2 slot, pvp char and a tradeskiller)
1x 4 Slot int
1x 1 Slot int

Call them whatever names ya like :p Pandora are owned by another company so ignore them.

International means international, try makeing different language trade channels instead of nc/doy (everyone just uses nc anyway? and ooc included, sidenote move that to the top of the list damn you)

yes.. that is how it should have been from the start (with or without the pvp server)

Xeno LARD
20-06-05, 09:56
In my opinion this was one of KKs mistakes, Making different servers with different player allowances per account if all servers were the same (excluding support languages obviously) problems like this wouldnt occur.I think best would've been:
1 slot international RP.
4 slot international whatever you wanna call it.
1 slot pvp.

Xeno LARD
20-06-05, 09:57
1x PVP Server (I'd say 2 slot, pvp char and a radeskiller)That'd be a pvp char and a ppu. Please no. ;)

/edit
ugh, too stupid to copy and paste. sorry.

eprodigy
20-06-05, 10:01
That'd be a pvp char and a ppu. Please no. ;)
as long as were correcting KK mistakes lets just say they only created 3 classes...

E. Cryton
20-06-05, 14:44
as I said to you before.. stay away from drugs
its not me whos smookin weed while talking to my m8s on vent !!1

Vae Victis
20-06-05, 18:22
its not me whos smookin weed while talking to my m8s on vent !!1I honestly don't smoke weed... seriously.
Why does everyone think every dutchguy smokes weed ?

that's just so wrong, goddamn prejudices :(

Original monk
20-06-05, 18:46
they all say that, daamn addicts !

*looks at self*

never mind :embarrased:

Jesterthegreat
20-06-05, 19:22
I honestly don't smoke weed... seriously.
Why does everyone think every dutchguy smokes weed ?

that's just so wrong, goddamn prejudices :(

yeah... you dont get into the marines if you got as bunch of drugs in ya system. i seriously doubt ice would smoke it even if he wanted to.

Vae Victis
20-06-05, 19:50
yeah... you dont get into the marines if you got as bunch of drugs in ya system. i seriously doubt ice would smoke it even if he wanted to.Heh, pure drinker here.
at the job interview for the marines they asked me howmuch beer I drink a week, average guess...
erm.. ok.. I work at a bar, I drink at least 5 days a week, wednesday/thursday it would be about 7 beers and a whiskey/coke. friday, saturday and sunday I'm doing hardcore drinking, specially when there's a party nearby.
*cough* my guess would be 40+ a week...

So I tell the woman I drink about 40 beers a month :rolleyes:

Jesterthegreat
20-06-05, 19:53
Heh, pure drinker here.
at the job interview for the marines they asked me howmuch beer I drink a week, average guess...
erm.. ok.. I work at a bar, I drink at least 5 days a week, wednesday/thursday it would be about 7 beers and a whiskey/coke. friday, saturday and sunday I'm doing hardcore drinking, specially when there's a party nearby.
*cough* my guess would be 40+ a week...

So I tell the woman I drink about 40 beers a month :rolleyes:

haha.

they declared something like 10 units is a binge a while back in the UK.

a can of stella is 2.3 units.

5 cans is a binge?!

oh and this is off topic...

ON TOPIC: until kk make a proper statement then we dont know what will be PvP, if anythting. however as it stands no server is "non-PvP"