PDA

View Full Version : Patch 135 [Facts & Bugreports]

Farril
16-06-05, 19:07
As you know, only facts and reports.

Farril

Let me begin:
- 8,9 & 10-Parts do not stack again once they got seperated (You can still buy them stacked)
- (resolved) Server problems on Mars/Terra (see announcement)

enigma_b17
16-06-05, 19:27
not entirely sure if this is a bug but to the right of the rockkwear screen is a big gap where it would seem ur head is sposed to be so u can edit it

also cant change colors of clothes (color/shade etc like in nc1)

also cant change pa color (which yes was a bug in nc1 but should be a feature in nc2 :P)

Brammers
16-06-05, 20:37
New hacknet weapons - you can't see them when you are in 3rd person veiw.

eprodigy
16-06-05, 21:32
the server isnt up does that count

Siygess
16-06-05, 21:51
Havent seen it yet but I doubt the change of colour thing is even supposed to work with the new textures - it works for for simple, single-coloured textures in NC1 but in NC2 it would just be.. messy.

Tallon
16-06-05, 22:17
Not sure if this is just me but my 5 slot Holy Heal and 4 slot Holy Heal Sanctum have both been transformed into 0 slotters with 'Good' condition.

CMaster
16-06-05, 22:21
Hacknet softare when thrwon onthe floor looks nothing like the invenotry sprites...

BaDDaSS
17-06-05, 00:02
- Server problems on Mars/Terra (see announcement)

Where is this?

MisterP
17-06-05, 00:24
That annoucement got deleted.

Also, my droner when coming out of droning always looks to the left 90 degrees when in 3rd person view. I have to flick to 1st person to fix it, and back again.

Major Havoc
17-06-05, 00:30
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=126158

This thread wasn't here when I originally posted, I swear :eek:

Anyway, Mr Jones Rigger Epic is still broken at the exact same point.

Brammers
17-06-05, 00:53
Hacknet softare when thrwon onthe floor looks nothing like the invenotry sprites...

Yeah it looks like the weapons when you are in Hacknet.

Also when using the weapons in 1st person view it keeps floating up and down a lot more than normal weapons do. (It feels like you are at sea with in a big storm!)

CMaster
17-06-05, 01:02
The new "character remainin active for xx seconds" marker on charavter selection screen only appears on about 1 in every 10 relogs for me.

Brammers
17-06-05, 02:03
HH 4x4 Chaincraft V1 keys (New ones and unused) no longer stack.

Edit: Hovertec Keys still stack but this was pre-patch 135 stock.

Riddle
17-06-05, 02:19
When i log out i get the "Already online" message even though i haven't tried to log back in yet?

Used to get that if i tried to move between chars to quick :p

Now i get it all the time it doesn't reset, but in the grand scheme of things a rather minor point :)

Dribble Joy
17-06-05, 02:46
not entirely sure if this is a bug but to the right of the rockkwear screen is a big gap where it would seem ur head is sposed to be so u can edit it
I think the positioning of the full char body is simply out of line. I don't think the head is intended to be altered by rokkwear (yet, and I'd rather it didn't).

Toxen
17-06-05, 02:47
Not sure if this is just me but my 5 slot Holy Heal and 4 slot Holy Heal Sanctum have both been transformed into 0 slotters with 'Good' condition.

I've been talking to a few monks that I know and it appears to have happend on alot of spells mainly ppu but a few apu ones too... attempted nerf or did the tinkering with the psi code force you to have to replace some spell but the program you used to change the DB entries didn't take into account condition or slottage?

Project-2501
17-06-05, 05:36
OK guys this is no joke!!!

My 5 slot Holy HEal on my ppu FLASHZ has now become a store boart good Holy heal

my old stats where 117 damage 114 frc ,,, 109 hand ... 108 range

And that was after i download the new patch .. has anyone ell shad the same problem?

Al my other spells seem to be fine at the mo ... but i also seem to have lost some Psi XP i was 2 mill from next level now am 5 mill ?????

Civil_Unit
17-06-05, 06:32
weapon and armor parts 9 and ten no longer stack either.

Fero
17-06-05, 06:37
Same problem happend with my full artifact Fire apoc it turned to 60% crap that some monks drop in Nc.
i called a GM for support ... there is no item tracking in game still .... there is nothing they could do .. i kept crap spell, but i doubt i ever get full arti one again.
Freaking upset to a bone. :mad:

eprodigy
17-06-05, 07:27
OK guys this is no joke!!!

My 5 slot Holy HEal on my ppu FLASHZ has now become a store boart good Holy heal

my old stats where 117 damage 114 frc ,,, 109 hand ... 108 range

And that was after i download the new patch .. has anyone ell shad the same problem?

Al my other spells seem to be fine at the mo ... but i also seem to have lost some Psi XP i was 2 mill from next level now am 5 mill ?????

well if the item tracking is actually working as they say... submit a ticket

eprodigy
17-06-05, 07:28
weapon and armor parts 9 and ten no longer stack either.

read lol

Let me begin:
- 8,9 & 10-Parts do not stack again once they got seperated (You can still buy them stacked)

Jesterthegreat
17-06-05, 08:53
my holy heal is still 5 slot. hurrah for me

Comie
17-06-05, 09:01

yu cant buy wep parts 8, 9, 10

LiL T
17-06-05, 13:44
yu cant buy wep parts 8, 9, 10
I think you can buy them from the FSM's but thats Bullshit if they don't stack when you make them, then thats hindering tradeskillers.

CMaster
17-06-05, 14:18
No, you can't buy them anywhere, and the bigger isssue is that they don't stack when you loot them (which is hwere they tend to come from). Stuff like drones really should stack when made by tradeskillers...

Exioce
17-06-05, 15:02
well if the item tracking is actually working as they say... submit a ticket

lost my moonstriker from a cab due to patch 135 synch bugs. filed a ticket. was told to go fuck myself. yay!

CMaster
17-06-05, 16:25
I mean that this (se screenshot) doesnt appear most times when I relog - only about 1 in 10. Among my clanmates, one gets it every time, and most have never seen it at all.

Tratos
17-06-05, 16:40
I only get that when i've tabbed out and in again waiting for the count down.

As this wasnt in the patch notes i assume its always been there due to its placement and the adjustments to both the server and the client for memory leaks has changed something to make this show up.

enigma_b17
17-06-05, 16:51
ever since this patch when ever I have Firefox open and i try to log into nc (ie when i click on the characters avatar) NC freezes and i need to ctrl-alt-del and shut down the process.

Terkantia
17-06-05, 17:00
Same problem happend with my full artifact Fire apoc it turned to 60% crap that some monks drop in Nc.
i called a GM for support ... there is no item tracking in game still .... there is nothing they could do .. i kept crap spell, but i doubt i ever get full arti one again.
Freaking upset to a bone. :mad:

So, some spells that are lost are jsut lost? Y'all with 4-5 slots are now jsut fukked?

Say it ain't so!!! I'm don't lay a PPU, but have been supported by tehm in the past. Man, I really can't believe that shit . . . .

enigma_b17
17-06-05, 17:51
So, some spells that are lost are jsut lost? Y'all with 4-5 slots are now jsut fukked?

Say it ain't so!!! I'm don't lay a PPU, but have been supported by tehm in the past. Man, I really can't believe that shit . . . .

if anything of mine that was 5 slotted gets turned into that and kk dont do anything, there will be hell to pay.

Tostino
17-06-05, 19:06
I better check my PPU's spells when I get home :(.

nostramo
17-06-05, 20:27
Lost my 5slot holy shelter and my 5slot mcbooster 3.
And lots of monks reported the same on Mars.

Toxen
17-06-05, 20:44
Bravo bravo, well don't think theres much that can be done about this unless item tracking is used and the front end was sneaked in during that patch.

CMaster
17-06-05, 21:27
My 4 slotted Holy anti-shield (which I used as a 4 slotter last night, then placed in gogo) is now a "Good Crahn Holy anti-shield). So this isnt just happening at the patch, its is a present and continuing corruption

Toxen
17-06-05, 21:53
*sniffs the air* Smells like ROLLBACK... *prays they backuped pre patch*
Can we get an official word on this soon we don't want the conditions that occured last time we had a major screwup where people couldn't decide wether to play incase of rollback?

Selendor
17-06-05, 22:07
My 4 slot Holy Rez - critical for me every day I log, is now a no slot noob spell :mad: My other spells seem to have survived.

Submitted an ingame help ticked and it got cancelled within 2 minutes, reply from GM was that they are working on it as a known problem.

Someone like to hazard a guess as to why this server side bug fix on ppus would have caused all our spells to be ruined?

Either way pretty pissed off, as a personal character this patch has fucked me over more than it has helped. :mad: :mad: etc

- Edit other clanmates reporting similar losses.

Toxen
17-06-05, 22:52
This isn't really a guess more of an observation, but since NC2 it appears that they haven't been able to majorly affect already created ingame items that players have like they used to be able to in NC1 some Im sumising that with the rewrite of some PSI code that some spells needed to be updated (read: replaced) by hand this would be a nightmare, so along comes nice little script to go through the items DB and swop out the old spells for the new ones but the script doesn't take into account condition or slottage of these certain spells and bing you arrive at whats been happening... though as cmaster has suggested this does appear to be still happening sooo... I may be wrong.

Tidus_Origin
17-06-05, 23:15
I was playing around with the Outfitter, and for some reason which I can't remember atm, I decided to put on my PA while the outfitter was open.

Imagine my surprise when my char's skin was changed to this.

http://img54.echo.cx/img54/6236/skinbug1358yj.jpg

BTW, this is my char's skin WITHOUT PA. With PA on, it looks normal, but with distorted limbs and the occasional gfx glitch when I look in 3rd person... :lol:

Think of this as a personal aesthetic sacrifice for the cause of bugtesting. :lol:

And before you say "Go use the Outfitter again!" - I have. GFX bugs obscure the buttons, but when I try changing the clothes, (I presume) the clothes change, but it doesnt fix the bug..

Jesterthegreat
18-06-05, 01:06
I was playing around with the Outfitter, and for some reason which I can't remember atm, I decided to put on my PA while the outfitter was open.

tried this.

all i get is "outfitting system failed - please remove your powerarmour and try again"

eprodigy
18-06-05, 01:24
yeah thats the first thing i tried.. when you push buy outfit it gives that error with it on..

netster
18-06-05, 13:52
BUG : exiting the Commandcircle level3 in old canyon moves me into my registred appartment inside the old canyon
BUG2 : the Melee&Cannons-Trader in old canyon sells postils and rifles (same listing than the pistolT&rifle-dealer, but no melee and no cannons)

Dargeshaad
18-06-05, 14:29
BUG : exiting the Commandcircle level3 in old canyon moves me into my registred appartment inside the old canyon

I had this too in a way, when exiting lvl 3 i got the server could not locate player position, player moved to appartment crap so woopelidoo i ended up in my MB app (that was before i tagged the gr in the canyon...grr)

Superbron
18-06-05, 14:54
Since the latest patch client.exe crashes after picking a character. The character selection screen is still there, but it appears to be frozen. I can only CTR-ALT-DEL and end the process to get the pc running again. Did anyone else experience the same?

enigma_b17
18-06-05, 16:32
yea theyr working on the 5 slot spell turning into junk problem ;)

enigma_b17
18-06-05, 16:50
Since the latest patch client.exe crashes after picking a character. The character selection screen is still there, but it appears to be frozen. I can only CTR-ALT-DEL and end the process to get the pc running again. Did anyone else experience the same?

yep...i thought it was cause i had firefox open though :/

Asatru
18-06-05, 17:43

Had that happen this week, had to uninstall NC, and do a defrag, my drive was 47% fraged, did defrag and then reinstalled, worked ok for a day or 2, then 0it happend again, in the end i had to reinstall windows and havnt had a problem since.

Terkantia
18-06-05, 18:17
I had this too in a way, when exiting lvl 3 i got the server could not locate player position, player moved to appartment crap so woopelidoo i ended up in my MB app (that was before i tagged the gr in the canyon...grr)

Same issue a couple of hours ago.

However, I found there the NavRay says the GR was on level one. It was an illuminated/glowing/pulsing cactus near as I could tell. No hit box around it, i couldnt activate a gr anywhere.

=/

Dargeshaad
18-06-05, 18:21
The GR is in one of the shop in the canyon, the one which is guarded by TH turret(s)

Tratos
18-06-05, 18:28
yea theyr working on the 5 slot spell turning into junk problem ;)
More info?

Tidus_Origin
18-06-05, 23:27
tried this.

all i get is "outfitting system failed - please remove your powerarmour and try again"

yeah thats the first thing i tried.. when you push buy outfit it gives that error with it on.

Alright. Now I'm officially baffled. :confused: Wonder why it's only happened to me so far... :lol:

-FN-
19-06-05, 06:18
I've submitted more 'Crash Detail' Emails, but the files are pretty much useless with no error info in them.

So far since I've patched today, 18 out of 21 Logins have resulted in "Can't Right Click". Incredibly frustrating...

Jesterthegreat
19-06-05, 09:44
Alright. Now I'm officially baffled. :confused: Wonder why it's only happened to me so far... :lol:

i want it to happen to my pe... but only if i use camo pa... but i'm not gonna waste about 500k to get a set just to try to do it...

eprodigy
19-06-05, 10:01
are certain male PE chests (the ones that are jackets not just a shirt) invisible to anyone else?? on my end i can see them in the outfitter but not in game on any PE I see (or myself).. dismissed it as another lip bug but people told me they saw the chest fine. (i mean the entire torso). all the jacket set (second pe chest model)

CMaster
19-06-05, 12:20
It depends on DX7 (where they dissapear) and DX9 (where they dont), plus some random factor that is differnte for everyboyd looking at said PE.

netster
20-06-05, 12:58
yepp, but it didnt GR'd me into my primaryapp, i got 2 registred apps in old canyon(not taged as primary appartment!!!), it GR'd me into my last registred in the canyon(i tried it several times with registrating my apps, if u dont have an registred app in canyon, u'll be moved to your primary gr!).

BUG3: yes, the F9=> (next) Genrep leads u in the commanding to a kaktus as a GR, but the GR is outside in the old yagers inn.

Original monk
20-06-05, 13:07
i dont dare to look at my spells :(

Bugs Gunny
20-06-05, 13:45
original, it's all part of a grand conspiracy to nerf monks :-)

Jesterthegreat
20-06-05, 19:26
original, it's all part of a grand conspiracy to nerf monks :-)

they failed to nerf mine as it has its spells intact...

however i can barely keep someone alive as i'm a shoddy ppu so its no biggie :p

Asatru
20-06-05, 21:59
Well whats been really strange as i posted up before, I had to reinstall windows and the game so i have a fresh comp at the moment, but i have notice since the last 3 patches getting more of the logging bugs and with the last patch it got really bad ie: 50/50 no sl and no money bug, the after trying 6 or 7 or more times to log on, finally get in and my inv is gone, have no imps, then that takes bunch of tries to get that straightened out. Then it switches back to the 50/50 login, then finally able to log in and then check gogo and either 1/2 or all of my inv in gogo is gone.Finally able to log in and things are there where they are supposed to be and the game fatals, then the cycle most of the time starts all over, i have 2 accounts and it has happend to all my char on both accounts. So in my opinion :) its been the last 3 patches that have made the problem made it progressifly worse.

Jesterthegreat
20-06-05, 22:44
babelfished from the german forums...

Statement to the changed Spells and to the Itemtracking
Until the Itemtracking is completely implemented in coming weeks, the support cannot unfortunately replace articles for long-known reasons. The error with some players some Spellmodule changed, on Friday was repaired. Since it concerned however only a relatively small portion of the population, a general roll-bake rejected.

Naturally is clear us that it is not beautiful to lose articles. It should repair however in the coming weeks owing to Itemtracking no more problem its lost or verbuggte articles. Unfortunately it for the sayings verbuggten now will not be possible.

no rollback then. glad i lost nothing

Nullvoid
20-06-05, 22:48
Isn't it mostly 5 slotted ultimated uber spells that have gone missing? If so, what are the chances of the spells themselves or the ultimas within them having been duped? Further to that, could item-tracking in fact be working perfectly fine and well? I love speculation :)

Jesterthegreat
20-06-05, 22:50
Since it concerned however only a relatively small portion of the population, a general roll-bake rejected.

since it only effected a reletively small portion of the population, a general roll back was rejected.

wheres the speculation.

theres no roll back, they werent tracked.

whats done is done, whats gone is gone

CMaster
20-06-05, 23:59
Isn't it mostly 5 slotted ultimated uber spells that have gone missing? If so, what are the chances of the spells themselves or the ultimas within them having been duped? Further to that, could item-tracking in fact be working perfectly fine and well? I love speculation :)
Except I personally remember constructing my (now broken) 4 Slot holy anti-sheild.

Selendor
21-06-05, 14:44
*sigh*, no fix, as I suspected. Thats a very expensive screw up for people like me who will now have to contruct an awful lot of very expensive spells to try and get a good slotted one again.

I would expect at least an apology posted in the English forum for this please KK, as its totally your screwup.

Nidhogg
21-06-05, 16:06
*sigh*, no fix, as I suspected. Thats a very expensive screw up for people like me who will now have to contruct an awful lot of very expensive spells to try and get a good slotted one again.

I would expect at least an apology posted in the English forum for this please KK, as its totally your screwup.
I've looked into this to see if I can find any more information but there's little more than what's already been posted. There was a bug introduced during the last patch which caused some PSI modules to be seriously nerfed. The bug has been fixed but until item tracking is online I'm sorry to say that the usual policy is still in force. It's somewhat ironic that from what I can gather it was actually a bug in item tracking itself that caused the problem (or a process to prepare for item tracking). We do apologise for the loss and we're all looking forward to having system in place to protect us from similar problems in future.

N

Toxen
21-06-05, 16:18
There was a bug introduced during the last patch which caused some PSI modules to be seriously nerfed.

N

Love the way you phrased that Nid, makes it almost sound intentional. :)

Nidhogg
21-06-05, 16:34
I tried to write it in such a way that not all of the people reading it would think "damn j00!". ;)

/edit - seriously though, it's an unfortunate occurrence but the only solution was a rollback and as you know, we only consider rollbacks as an absolute last resort so it wasn't an option.

N

enigma_b17
21-06-05, 16:49
lol i knew it. god forbid we ever get items replaced that were lost due to a bug/glitch

[edit] ur consistent ill give you that, all be it a consitent ability to fuck people over.

Tratos
21-06-05, 16:58
lol i knew it. god forbid we ever get items replaced that were lost due to a bug/glitch

[edit] ur consistent ill give you that, all be it a consitent ability to fuck people over.
Well if KK are on target (Hopefully) this shouldnt happen ever again within the next 9 days as there "3 weeks" are closing in fast ;)

CMaster
21-06-05, 16:59
Yeah. I know that the "no item replacements" thing is standard, but this is as you say excpetional circumstances - does that not merit exceptional action? I haven't lost anything seriosus, but I really feel for the guys who have...

Sleezy Gonzales
21-06-05, 17:15
Nownow..... we all wanted a monknerf, but we NEVER asked for KK to make all monks quit the game.

I can see where this is going. In a few patches we'll be doing hand to hand combat and item tracking is ready and linked ... to our fists...

Dargeshaad
21-06-05, 17:19
Nownow..... we all wanted a monknerf, but we NEVER asked for KK to make all monks quit the game.

I can see where this is going. In a few patches we'll be doing hand to hand combat and item tracking is ready and linked ... to our fists...
Didn't you leave yesterday mr bugs gunny? O_o

enigma_b17
21-06-05, 17:30
Well if KK are on target (Hopefully) this shouldnt happen ever again within the next 9 days as there "3 weeks" are closing in fast ;)

yea like thatll ever happen, meeting a deadline seems to be a rare occurance with this game.

on a side note, that doesnt really help those that have lost some valuable shit :(

Nidhogg
21-06-05, 17:31
Didn't you leave yesterday mr bugs gunny? O_o
Yes. Twice.

N

Jesterthegreat
21-06-05, 19:42
we were told item tracking was ingame, but the dev tools to use it wasnt...

does that mean that all these items had a code to track it with and can be replaced when the tools are put ingame... or is that just wishful thinking (not that it effects me... VENOM has about 2 PPU's and none lost anything, and my PE's are fine too)

Nidhogg
21-06-05, 19:47
Some of it was but as I understand it it wasn't switched on. It was briefly switched on when the servers came back up after the patch but then switched off while adjustments were made. I don't know if it's on or off atm.

N

Jesterthegreat
21-06-05, 19:54
i thought one of the reasons for a mostly item wipe was that everything in nc2 would be tracked from the word go (even if there were no tools).

otherwise (i imagine) item tracking would have to dynamically assign tracking codes every time it was turned on? wouldnt this mean that after each patch (when the server goes down) they would be reassigned? meaning that anything lost in the patch isnt tracked as the tracking codes disappeared then were reasigned?

:edit: wow... i can be just as annoying while using my brain instead of breaking rules :p

Tratos
21-06-05, 19:56
i thought one of the reasons for a mostly item wipe was that everything in nc2 would be tracked from the word go (even if there were no tools).

otherwise (i imagine) item tracking would have to dynamically assign tracking codes every time it was turned on? wouldnt this mean that after each patch (when the server goes down) they would be reassigned? meaning that anything lost in the patch isnt tracked as the tracking codes disappeared then were reasigned?

:edit: wow... i can be just as annoying while using my brain instead of breaking rules :p
When Item Tracking was talked before NC2 it was said it was going to be on a different server.

Nidhogg
21-06-05, 19:58
The database is on a separate server. Obviously it has to interface to the world servers in some way or else how would it ever track anything? :p

N

Jesterthegreat
21-06-05, 20:02
my point being that i see 2 situations...

1. all items were tracked from the word go - meaning the spells are recoverable

2. items are assigned ID's when item tracking is turned on, thus all items existing after it was turned on will have ID's. however if it was only tuned on post-patch then this will only mean that the shitty spells are being tracked :p

oh and if its done dynamically (created on start of the item tracking) will the data be lost if the server somehow goes down (hardware issues, power cuts, general crashes)?

Nidhogg
21-06-05, 20:05
I don't know the details. I do know that the spells aren't recoverable though or we would have recovered them.

N

Jesterthegreat
21-06-05, 20:13
I don't know the details. I do know that the spells aren't recoverable though or we would have recovered them.

N

fair enough, but last we heard the tools werent available, making nothing recoverable... unless i missed the post saying item tracking is now working.

question is (and to be fair its something you arent likely to know) are they unrecoverable because the tool are unavailable, or because the actual tracking isnt happening yet?

zii
23-06-05, 22:06
ever since this patch when ever I have Firefox open and i try to log into nc (ie when i click on the characters avatar) NC freezes and i need to ctrl-alt-del and shut down the process.

When I open Firefox NC2 goes into Sync, but this might be to do with my overall memory disappearring. In others my PC is too small.

Neally
02-07-05, 03:07

Didn't read the whole post, but that happened yesterday with my 5 slots Holy shelter/heal, it's funny, now what can i do ? nothing, Reakktor don't trust me, i'm a lier and i want new stuffs cuz i'm a wanker who dunno anything about how to CST spells >_< wubwub <3 <3