PDA

View Full Version : Hire a chacter

CMaster
16-06-05, 16:53
How much would you pay for an account with capped PPU/APU/HC Tank/Pistol PE per month?
http://gamepal.com/rentals#

BaDDaSS
16-06-05, 16:57
Rofl, is this shit for real?

CMaster
16-06-05, 16:59
Seems to be - I've also read news reports from the BBC and the like of "MMO sweatshops" - companies employing unskilled laboureres to powerlevel/farm in MMOs for maximum cash/items/capped chars. Breaking labour laws in the process apparently. Anyway, the point is there is a lot of business around MMOs, so I can believe it.
Eh - and who is going to pay THAT much per month?

Tratos
16-06-05, 17:01
That is, how can i put this, ah yes.

Taking the piss, lol

Can't be done in WoW though i believe as they ban sold accounts and stuff.

MuggleMind
16-06-05, 17:04
I guess I can understand the idea, in that it gives someone a chance to see how a game works without the hassle of working out all the levelling bits. Personally, I prefer the knowledge that my characters are my work, and that the many LOM-able (?) mistakes are all my own fault.

And as to how much I'd pay, if you are offering your characters, maybe 50p a month? Oops. You said "capped"... so 75p a month? :p

(I'd offer more (a whole pound, maybe?), but then you'd leave the game, and we need players here!)

[TgR]KILLER
16-06-05, 17:05
lolz at the prices

First Month: $149.99
Each Additional Month After That: $129.99

maybe its just a "little" cheaper to just buy the game and play it.. and some games that they "rent" don't even have a monthly fee but you would have to pay that ammount a month to play. if they can do it hell i'll go do it to lol

Heavyporker
16-06-05, 17:07
Hmmm.....

interesting concept.

But, holy frig, how expensive.

Guys... considering what you can do with a character in Neocron.. think someone could offer a few PL'ed chars to them on the cheap?

Great way to advertise Neocron, too, while we're at it.

Spermy
16-06-05, 17:48
Well - Just whanged an email - main emphasise on the fact I thougt they were whores and that I sincerely hope they are Supina'd by a mass of angry sweatshop workers with squarey eyes of wrath.

The believe my opinion is very valuable and will endeavour to meet my needs as a gamer at all times apparently.

Oh the relevance ¬_¬

Morganth
16-06-05, 19:06
WoW has a lot of companies paying people to level characters to 40 for cash, or using teleport hacks to get kit worth lots of gold from the high level instances (there are chests around the instances with items etc in, they loot them and sell the contents). I know someone that is paying some company to level his character to lvl 40 for him :rolleyes: Took me about 2 weeks of ingame-time (i.e. 14 days x 24 hours worth) to get from 0 to lvl60, lol.

And for that kinda cash, I'd rent out my two accounts. Bet it breaches the NC2 EULA though, lol.

Heavyporker
16-06-05, 19:52
Well, guys, think about it. A lot of people got lives. Social shit. Paying jobs.

They got to work 8 hours a day, minimum, paid at least 15 bucks a hour.

That company above says they'll level your account 24/7 or close to it. if you do the math.. that's definitely sweatshop rates. Customer saves cash by not having to level so much on their "good time". Sweatshopp employees get a bit of cash (better than none, you got to concede. I don't like it, but I can see the economic reality behind it.)

Pretty much a good potential market.

Spermy
16-06-05, 20:13
Well, guys, think about it. A lot of people got lives. Social shit. Paying jobs.

They got to work 8 hours a day, minimum, paid at least 15 bucks a hour.

That company above says they'll level your account 24/7 or close to it. if you do the math.. that's definitely sweatshop rates. Customer saves cash by not having to level so much on their "good time". Sweatshopp employees get a bit of cash (better than none, you got to concede. I don't like it, but I can see the economic reality behind it.)

Pretty much a good potential market.

True - but still whoredom at it's best
:p

Heavyporker
16-06-05, 20:18
spermy, I say let the whores into our kingdom if it means higher populations.

Spermy
16-06-05, 22:08
spermy, I say let the whores into our kingdom if it means higher populations.

Aye - but a lot of the people who will be getting the service will end up with yeah - great characters - BUT none of the skills that you invariably acquire along the way.

Meaning that while they may be shit hot, with all the gear - they'll still be stuck up the creek without a paddle... or a boat, if ya get my drift - plus, half the fun of it is actually levelling and learning stuff.

That said yeah I agree about people not having a lot of time to dedicate to it - shame really :(

ZoVoS
16-06-05, 23:23
id work in a mmo sweat shop, i mean, getting payed to play games for like 18 houres a day, even shitty rates, thats like my dream job =] POWER LVLING WOOP

CMaster
16-06-05, 23:24
Remeber - you get beaten if you stop to chat, or do anything except the most profitable enterpirse.

ZoVoS
16-06-05, 23:42
=] who wants to talk to members of the WoW comunity, lmfao, id rather walk around with mute on

Spermy
17-06-05, 11:58
If asia had of panned ou - NC would have ade a shitload if they had thier own team to powerlevel for clients :P

Rabiator
17-06-05, 20:41
If asia had of panned ou - NC would have ade a shitload if they had thier own team to powerlevel for clients :P

:lol: The owner of the sourcecode and servers does not need to powerlevel :lol:
Instead, KK could have made a shitload editing the char database for clients ;)

Spermy
18-06-05, 12:07
:lol: The owner of the sourcecode and servers does not need to powerlevel :lol:
Instead, KK could have made a shitload editing the char database for clients ;)

8|

Silly Spermy - never thought of that :P