PDA

View Full Version : Patch 135 Discussion

Thanatos
16-06-05, 14:57
Patch Notes (http://cp.neocron.com/5/patchnotes?lang=en&id=113&)

The servers will go down at 3 PM CET for approximately 2 hours.

enigma_b17
16-06-05, 15:03
Rockkwear wooohoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice patch, bug fixes and a few mods ;)

LiL T
16-06-05, 15:06
- Fixed a few memory leaks on client and server.

- Fixed a critical server-side memory leak in the PSI effect code (improves server performance/stability).

At last improvements on what counts, I can't wait to see if there is a change in memory use and good job on outfitters.

Riddle
16-06-05, 15:06
Sweet!

Can't wait till i get home and try me new clothes on :)

Tidus_Origin
16-06-05, 15:10
Good to see the Rokkwear terminals working again :D

/me hopes you can change hair color...

Exioce
16-06-05, 15:12
are the Rokkwear terminals in clan appy's going to be free to use?

enigma_b17
16-06-05, 15:16
o by the way will it be possible to change pa colours?

Mr Kot
16-06-05, 15:32
lol, all these questions... just wait an hour and you can answer them yourselves :)

Ultazha
16-06-05, 15:32
looking like a great patch ! :)

[TgR]KILLER
16-06-05, 15:49
a reason to launch nc tonight whoo :p

Eckhart
16-06-05, 15:52
KILLER']a reason to launch nc tonight
Ditto :)

Spermy
16-06-05, 15:56
KILLER']a reason to launch nc tonight whoo :p

If I can get it working ... O_o

CMaster
16-06-05, 16:00
- Fixed use restriction bug on WoC items.
There are more than one actually availble?
What?
Where?
How?

And erm, nice Rokkwear. Models for hacknet weapons - do you mean when players are holding, ro do you mean that they no longer look like spells (which is what they are) when thrown on the floor?
Also - long overdue, but nice to see new MC5 vendors (although MR Jones missions have decreased mine and others use of MC5)

enigma_b17
16-06-05, 16:05
er more then 1 woc?

BaDDaSS
16-06-05, 16:09
The servers down due to patching? or the number of people that connected to checkout rokkwear crashed it? :P

LiL T
16-06-05, 16:10
The servers down due to patching? or the number of people that connected to checkout rokkwear crashed it? :P
Due to patching 2 hours estimated

Tratos
16-06-05, 16:23
Nice i was expecting this to come in 2 weeks time at the end of the "In 3 weeks time" :p nice job KK cool patch aswell i hope the mem leaks make a large difference.

wooooooooooooooooo KK!

enigma_b17
16-06-05, 17:01
bah still cant change power armour colours :(

Nvidia
16-06-05, 17:03
Very nice job, KK. The fixes about memory leaks and server stability issues are always welcome, as the game's only real flaw lies in the crashes and synch-outs. Good job.

It will be very interesting to see if the PSI effect fatal flaw fixes a good amount of FREs for people. I seem to remember awhile back that people were saying sound, specifically sounds related to PSI Monks, were the main cause of FREs. If this is the case, once again, nice job.

These are the patches that count the most. Fix what you've got, and people will be more happy than when you put out new content that's broken like everything else you already have. Just a few more like these and you've got it down, KK. *thumbs up*

KKeep up the good work. :)

enigma_b17
16-06-05, 17:05
o and cant change the color of clothes either. Are there any plans to actually allow people to change the colour of the thing which every single person wears?

LiL T
16-06-05, 17:08
It is up dling now \o/

Tidus_Origin
16-06-05, 17:14
o and cant change the color of clothes either. Are there any plans to actually allow people to change the colour of the thing which every single person wears?

No colour changes at all? :( O_o

Brammers
16-06-05, 17:22
So long as I get my suit and sunglasses back I'm happy.

BTW whats the size of the patch?

BloodLetting
16-06-05, 17:26
Please hurry and link my old CHars I want to play with someone besides my noob:D

enigma_b17
16-06-05, 17:27
So long as I get my suit and sunglasses back I'm happy.

u cant change the appearance of your head.....

you can change your top and pants, no color change though

[edit]and from the selection of tops i saw, there is no one with a tie that could really be called a suit.

Spermy
16-06-05, 17:32
I'd love to try that rokkwear out...

If only I could get the frigging client to work. Re Dl'd it reinstalled. File checked - emailed helpdesk to which I have had no replies. I'm bollocksed if I know how to fix it.

I'm a tad pissed off because I haven't changed anything since I last logged on a month ago - That includes my OS environment - everything is the same.

FROWN.

enigma_b17
16-06-05, 17:37
without bashing the patch, as it was a fairly good patch......the rockkwear is pretty much useless. Im hoping that the ability to alter the appearance of powerarmour and change the colour of clothes will come in a later patch.

Spermy
16-06-05, 17:41
without bashing the patch, as it was a fairly good patch......the rockkwear is pretty much useless. Im hoping that the ability to alter the appearance of powerarmour and change the colour of clothes will come in a later patch.

A few variant power armours would look cool - Like maybe instead of those 3 lil eyes on a spy's helmet - mebbe a visor? That kinda variation?

enigma_b17
16-06-05, 17:44
well since that would require more work on behalf of the art department i was just going for the ability to change pa colors for now (which i would imagine requiring less work).

Spermy
16-06-05, 17:50
well since that would require more work on behalf of the art department i was just going for the ability to change pa colors for now (which i would imagine requiring less work).

Well yeah - no argument there. :p

Riddle
16-06-05, 17:56
u cant change the appearance of your head.....

you can change your top and pants, no color change though

[edit]and from the selection of tops i saw, there is no one with a tie that could really be called a suit.

That it?? Wheres the NC1 Rockwear?

Colour change/tone/model??

Well maybe colour will be patched soon :angel:

Tratos
16-06-05, 17:56
Cool idea Spermy, would be cool to perhaps use rokkwear to remove helmets altogether which would look schweet, a little disapointed on not being able to change colours on my clothing but i hope that will come in time and is pricing going to be activated soon? as my guess is that you guys are letting us play for now since we've all been in the same clothes for a while and will be bringing pricing in soon? otherwise what was the point of addind the boxes :p

Still though, nice job.

EDIT: I hope colours is coming and soon as i want my green suit back for my spy :p (KK Add the Mr Jones clothes or a varient i.e. a different tie colour to RoKKwear for all us business like spies out there ;))

enigma_b17
16-06-05, 17:58
That it?? Wheres the NC1 Rockwear?

Colour change/tone/model??

Well maybe colour will be patched soon :angel:

not that i saw maybe some1 else can confirm or tell me im wrong, but from what i saw there was no ability to do that :/

Tratos
16-06-05, 18:00
not that i saw maybe some1 else can confirm or tell me im wrong, but from what i saw there was no ability to do that :/
You could change the hue and saturation of your clothes to give them colours but i dont recall model or do you just mean diff clothes Riddle?

Riddle
16-06-05, 18:01
You could change the hue and saturation of your clothes to give them colours but i dont recall model or do you just mean diff clothes Riddle?

Just clothes mate ;) not heads etc.

Tratos
16-06-05, 18:02
Just clothes mate ;) not heads etc.
Well you have that atleast :p

enigma_b17
16-06-05, 18:04
no i was right just double checked it there u can only change the skin, not the colour or shading.

Tostino
16-06-05, 18:13
Can't wait to try this out.

Morganth
16-06-05, 18:52
There are more than one actually availble?
What?
Where?
How?

More likely that the flaw in the code that they fixed was a generic part for all WoC items.

Ryen
16-06-05, 19:00
This is what every patch should look like.

"Hey guys, we added some content AND fixed a few bugs!"

Now work on more client stability!

enigma_b17
16-06-05, 19:02
it does fix bugs.....which is one of the best things a patch can do

msdong
16-06-05, 19:03
Fixed a critical server-side memory leak in the PSI effect code (improves server performance/stability).

we always knew that monks where the source of all evil

€: the rocko window looks cool

Tidus_Origin
16-06-05, 19:15

Patch 135 is 2.32 MB.

Tratos
16-06-05, 19:18
€: the rocko window looks cool
They done some stealth texture changes?

ZoVoS
16-06-05, 19:23
omh ITS ONLY A HUW SHIFT, how hard is it to program in a huw/saturadte shifs on texturse, just means storing 2 more values on person, it sends (person wearing pa... pa is 128 128) ohh 2 bytes extra per person, =] OMG LAG FAST lol

ZoVoS
16-06-05, 19:25
More likely that the flaw in the code that they fixed was a generic part for all WoC items.
i thought there were 2 currently floating around, a meele and the ion crosbow

enigma_b17
16-06-05, 19:29
theres a melee woc weapon?

[TgR]KILLER
16-06-05, 19:41
just dl the patch launch nc.. login.. find the outfitter in fa sec. and to my horror only find new clothes. well with that i meen i can't change colours :( was hoping i could go oldstyle pure black again as i always had in nc1. got black pants but just because they were in the selection..

sunglasses would be nice to but i gues thats to much to ask anyway :(

Heavyporker
16-06-05, 19:47
zovos.. your cracks aren't amusing.

Hues are rather more complicated than that.

in NC1, the hues was over a large range, AND it colored everything in that segment. Ladies had yellow/pink/purple titties... PAs got colored too...

Transmitting color hues isn't a matter of 2 bytes, its for each segment of the body, not to mention, server got to send it to EVERYONE in the zone. Let's settle on what, 20 bytes of color info each person. Say there's 30 people in zone. That 20 bytes for one person got to be sent out to everyone. Each of these 30 people got to get their color codes passed to everyone too. lesse.. that's what... 20*30, 30 times... 18kb to be updated each second, minimum, along with position updates.

eprodigy
16-06-05, 21:28
ok thats great

i only find it sad w're rejoicing over the return of something that we had for years in NC1...

Bugs Gunny
16-06-05, 21:32
Nice patch....... it actualy worked for a few hours this time :-)

Terkantia
16-06-05, 21:33

in NC1, the hues was over a large range, AND it colored everything in that segment. Ladies had yellow/pink/purple titties... PAs got colored too...

Transmitting color hues isn't a matter of 2 bytes, its for each segment of the body, not to mention, server got to send it to EVERYONE in the zone. Let's settle on what, 20 bytes of color info each person. Say there's 30 people in zone. That 20 bytes for one person got to be sent out to everyone. Each of these 30 people got to get their color codes passed to everyone too. lesse.. that's what... 20*30, 30 times... 18kb to be updated each second, minimum, along with position updates.

Heavy, i htink his comments aren't only amuysing, but sadley on teh fukkin mark.

They can't get stealth to work all the time (new bug introduced three patches ago maybe??) clipping is getting out of control and now the new patch is brought the servers to their fukkin knees.

8|

Bugs Gunny
16-06-05, 21:38
- Fixed a critical server-side memory leak in the PSI effect code (improves server performance/stability).

THAT WORKED WELL DIDN'T IT ? :D

eprodigy
16-06-05, 21:48
rokkwear seems to work ok.. least the PEs with the missing chests can change out of that ;)

looks like theres some room on the new outfitter window for adding additional features that we probably wont ever see ;)

edit: terra just came online

Nullvoid
16-06-05, 22:35
good patch. It's all well and good getting carried away with what extras you can bring to the game, but any step in making it more stable gets my vote!

numb
16-06-05, 22:55

Or the server could send the player information out to the client, along with the player position, every single time the player comes into the view range of another player. Surely that makes for a better bit of netcode, the server keeps a note of player position in zone, and provides updates of positions of items/players only when they come into view of the client. I mean what relevance is that to the client when they cant even see the object in question?

Riddle
16-06-05, 23:00
Hell Yeah!

Dunno if you done anything about synchs but mine have been all less than 2 seconds all night!! Not 10 or 20 which I have had lately :rolleyes:

:eek: :D Am i bugged :P

ZoVoS
16-06-05, 23:07

u set the texture to be modified by a huw and saturdate value, all textures are already in game, all it would do it modifie the texture before leading it into memory, u can resaturate images on the fly with a 386 so dont give me that =]

and being heavily into 3d antimation i know for a fact u can modifie a hue or saturate with a value between 1-255 and that range of colours manages everything in the spectrum

2 bites = 65535 psooible different coloures. thats 16bit if i aint mistaken

huw ranges from 0 - 255 luminocity or saturate or whtever ur gona brand it as rages form teh same, the numbrs are multiplied and the computer its self can do all the modifications to the texture withough the server being involved, only 2 bites need to be send :@:@:@

and who needs it to be updated every second, u only need it updated when platyers zone i and out, do u realy think the computer sends the fact im a tank to every computer every millisecond so i dont acidentaly turn into a PE, the answer is NO, the computer remembers what i am and only questions it when new information is sent, eg i was actualy a spy with a holo vest now my modle is monk :O

-=EDIT=-
the only part of ur statment that was valied is it isnt 2 bites, but its not much more, ye u have to sent controle information telling what the information is, and yes there are 4 seperate clothing areas, textures are maped to face top bottom haid and beard, as face wont be changed that makes 8 bites not including controle data telling the computer what to do with the imformation its reciving, that would slow the game down by less than a millisecond big woopdie dooo

Mighty Max
16-06-05, 23:11
I don't want to disturb the tech discussion here, but imho the Outfitter is giving all the features we need atm.

Ok the amount of Textures & Models could be bigger.

But the color? only time i have seen that been used in NC1 were to be complete black (to have an pvp advantage) or to have pink or any other fluffy colored PA. What a shame to not have that feature now :rolleyes:

- The RPler which don't want to wear the same clothes all year long can be happy
- The Chartransferes can be happy since they don't need to look all the same any more

Weren't that the points?

ZoVoS
16-06-05, 23:17
I don't want to disturb the tech discussion here, but imho the Outfitter is giving all the features we need atm.

Ok the amount of Textures & Models could be bigger.

But the color? only time i have seen that been used in NC1 were to be complete black (to have an pvp advantage) or to have pink or any other fluffy colored PA. What a shame to not have that feature now :rolleyes:

- The RPler which don't want to wear the same clothes all year long can be happy
- The Chartransferes can be happy since they don't need to look all the same any more

Weren't that the points?

OI i liked my purple gentank thankyou :( with my sexi pink PA =]

Siygess
16-06-05, 23:47
I think most of you are missing the point with the textures - H/S/B could be altered in NC 1 yes, but that was largely because the jacket and trousers were low res and more importantly, monochromatic. They rarely had colours that could stand out on the texture because as soon as you tweaked the H/S/B your clothes would go the right colour but the detail on the texture that was once a complimentary colour is now some horrible shade of green - in fact, textures designed to be configurable via H/S/B actually work much better in total grey scale.. what we have in NC 2 are brighter, clearer textures of contrasting colour - and when you have bright, contrasting colour, you dont want to be messing with H/S/B.

What we really need are more textures per model - but one new texture for each jacket and trousers model still equates to 32 new textures and thats a lot of art resource.

ZoVoS
16-06-05, 23:48
I think most of you are missing the point with the textures - H/S/B could be altered in NC 1 yes, but that was largely because the jacket and trousers were low res and more importantly, monochromatic. They rarely had colours that could stand out on the texture because as soon as you tweaked the H/S/B your clothes would go the right colour but the detail on the texture that was once a complimentary colour is now some horrible shade of green - in fact, textures designed to be configurable via H/S/B actually work much better in total grey scale.. what we have in NC 2 are brighter, clearer textures of contrasting colour - and when you have bright, contrasting colour, you dont want to be messing with H/S/B.

What we really need are more textures per model - but one new texture for each jacket and trousers model still equates to 32 new textures and thats a lot of art resource.

flmaing pe's trouses

*bows* i thank you, i thanks you

i advise the loverly art department sit down with a copy of madmax, all of the mad max's and look for clothing inspiration there =] YEH BABY

Siygess
16-06-05, 23:52
Yup, and they looked shyte once you adjusted the H/S/B. Take my word for it - yes it was variation, and yes you may miss your purple gentank but thats too bad - I miss having the opportunity to create textures for the player models.. something I did a fair bit in NC1.

Anyway, what MightMax says is true - what has been provided will resolve the outstanding issues regarding avatar appearance. We can only hope that more features suitable for the current models and textures will be implemented in time.

Edit: And rarely != all.

Edit 2: Madmax as a source for clothing is a great idea, but thats less about the individual textures (lets face it, it was black leather, brown leather or a combination of the two) and more about a system that lets you overlay textures much like in WoW, so you could have a brown leather jacket with one arm missing, and maybe a black leather glove on the other.. maybe some tatoos.. that sort of thing

ZoVoS
16-06-05, 23:57
i liked my weird pe with green flames also,

i love huw shifts, they produce such interesting effects

and i also mis modifieing files, but u start doing that and ppl start abusing kk's trust

Siygess
16-06-05, 23:58
Agreed, agreed. KK giveth, and sometimes KK must taketh away. eth.

Dribble Joy
17-06-05, 00:34
I liked the 'active player remaining in game world for x seconds' thing quite cool.

BaDDaSS
17-06-05, 00:39
I liked the 'active player remaining in game world for x seconds' thing quite cool.

Yeah, I thought that was nice, too.

Toxen
17-06-05, 00:51
Ok as everyone seems distracted by rokkwear I would like to highlight the fact that a GR has just been placed in the Canyon and may I ask mr nid why the heck this was done.

There is a serious bias towards the dome now every patch has added more to the dome if your going to set up the story so the dome takes over the city please don't slowly screw us over tell us otherwise you'll just end up with people leaving the game if they know they cannot have some input into the storyline.

ZoVoS
17-06-05, 02:47
City-Shaft-O-Meter, Which city is currently more shafted: NC (*---------) DoY !!! City Just Got SCREWED AGAIN.

lol it should beee

*-----------------------NC--(----------) DoY

lol its just getting a bit rediculous now mun =[

Toxen
17-06-05, 02:49
Seriously there isn't a screen in the world wide enough for a Screwed-City meter thats that accurate :P

ZoVoS
17-06-05, 03:52
ther planning on doing it cos like in 2 weeks the dome ppl are gona be so happy, then there gona anounce all WOC items are city only =] hehe

as for the patch so as not to get edited for spam, looks promising, any bug fixes are greatly apriciated by the comunity im sure

Fero
17-06-05, 06:44
i see no reason in using Roks in this state ... its same selection as character creation. Why would i change my vest for example if i didnt like it while creating char ?(example) :( . Adding glasses or change PA color would be nice though.

eprodigy
17-06-05, 07:26
i see no reason in using Roks in this state ... its same selection as character creation. Why would i change my vest for example if i didnt like it while creating char ?(example) :( . Adding glasses or change PA color would be nice though.
well a change is nice.. some people been getting smelly wearing the same thing so long..

BradSTL
17-06-05, 08:59
Not to interrupt all the lovely technical debate about whether or not Rockkwear could implement color change or not, but may I point out something that everybody who's been on Terra since December 23rd should know all too well?

The client and server already support color change. How do we know? Because it happened involuntarily and accidentally to almost every character on Terra server. Whatever body you were wearing got tinted a pale bluish green, and whatever legs you were wearing got tinted a medium reddish purple. Most of us have had our colors reset by a GM since then. Nonetheless, having some people's clothes be different colors from the default colors didn't break the client, cause lag, blight the crops, summon down the lightning, or perform any of the 14 Recognized Signs of Divinity. (Including #14, "Be the Winslow.")

Now, it did have a bug, and it's the same damn bug that affected clothing color choices back in NC1: sometimes you'd zone and it would temporarily vanish. About every third or fourth zone change, the green and purple people were changing back to their default colors. Oddly enough, about every third or fourth zone change, my level 3 rifle spy PA shifts back from charcoal to the same pale gray as the level 1 and 2 rifle spy PA, which tells me that the difference there is implemented as a texture color shift, too. I thought they were holding back Rockkwear until they fixed that bug, but I see from today that it's still here.

So other than that they didn't build it into the user interface, there is no technical reason why they couldn't have implemented color-change in the latest outfitter patch. I must assume that the only reason they didn't was so they wouldn't have to listen to endless bug reports from people about how their clothing colors went away.

You know what I wish? I wish KK would hold another character clothing contest. I don't know a single spy in the game who remembers what we looked like back in NC1 who isn't crying in their beer over the crappy awful ugly clothing textures they gave spies in NC2. I'll bet if you'd let us, we could do better.

eprodigy
17-06-05, 09:09
ive also experianced char color changes ;) also PA colors ? we know those exist... (pretty sure each class has one default and then just colors for the levels/type, white default, game colors it blue for melee etc)

Bugs Gunny
17-06-05, 09:14
I'm done with the whole storyline thing. I won't go ganking pro cities now, but i'm sure as hell not bothering to go to op wars etc anymore.
All i'll do is just go out and gank doy runners from the minute i log on till i log off. There is honestly not much else to do or look forward to anymore.

[ edited ]

Dargeshaad
17-06-05, 09:17
I'm done with the whole storyline thing. I won't go ganking pro cities now, but i'm sure as hell not bothering to go to op wars etc anymore.
All i'll do is just go out and gank doy runners from the minute i log on till i log off. There is honestly not much else to do or look forward to anymore.
[ edited ]
You didn't arrive to this conclusion until now? :wtf:

eprodigy
17-06-05, 09:20

[ edited ]
sums up the way i feel as well as act.. its entertaining though...... too bad KK doesnt give a shit enough to do even the smallest thing to help things... god damn useless outfitters...

Bugs Gunny
17-06-05, 09:33
I don't see why everybody is all excited about the outfitters being added. KK makes it look as if they did a hell of a job putting in something that was standard in nc1.
They just broke them, like so many other things when nc2 went live.
Basicaly nc1 to nc2 was like the usual kk patch... break more shit than you put in, wipe or remove items and then proudly anounce in planfiles how you are working on reintroducing the things they broke themselves.

We can all blame 10tacel etc all we want, but in the end the fact that it is a bugged product is all to blame on KK themselves.
I remember reading in the reasons why asian release was scrapped that the learning curve and start of the game was too hard.....
Well, imagine starting in nc now, with no vets, nobody that knows where to get items. It's a LOT harder than in nc1, back then you could get most items anywhere.

[TgR]KILLER
17-06-05, 10:12
Canyon is a dome outpost in the wastelands it always been TG canyon and the dome just took back controll of it and restored it like it was. and the old gr is just placed back and you go all omg dome gets everything.

mebbe NC already got everything in nc1 and they are still building up the dome in nc2.. but that couldn't it possibly be could it.

eprodigy
17-06-05, 10:19
[ edited ]and you know its dying because players starting to lose faith in the game I just can't even force myself to do anything serious in this game.. I remember a time I cared about myself have a good reputation in the game and all that garbage..

KK could still restore some of that I really think they could if they could make us believe that they were actually working toward something, doing something, doing ANYTHING.. It always feels like they aren't doing anything.. I feel like theyve been taking a nap and realized they didnt do anything so so they just stuck in outfitters in 5 min to "please" the crowd.

ZoVoS
17-06-05, 10:40
bla bla blablabla bla bla blablabla

that suports my point, ty ^_^ . and gives a reason that is more than likely right, kk dont want us saying PRFF ANOTHER BROKEN CONTENT PATCH, U GIVE US CLOTHES BUT THE COLOURS DONT STICK, however id prefer non sticky colour's than not option atal =]

Selendor
17-06-05, 11:13
KILLER']
mebbe NC already got everything in nc1 and they are still building up the dome in nc2.. but that couldn't it possibly be could it.

If you look back to some of the lengthy discussions about the balance between DoY and Neocron cities, you will see the majority of people agree with the view that while Neocron is good for newbie levelling, anything past mid level, and especially at cap, DoY holds the cards. TG now have a clear and protected staging ground to the best caves in the game, and from which to occupy the south eastern ops of the map.

When you consider the common items that everyone needs at cap (spells, tank armour, gamma bones), and consider where they currently reside, I don't see how you can argue the opposite. But I say bring it on, I like being the underdog city, thats where the challenge is. DoY can hold the cards, and we are coming to knock them down. :cool:

Didn't see much sign of improved stability last night during op wars, people were crashing as usual. Looking forward to messing with Rokkwear though.

Tratos
17-06-05, 12:37
Leveling up my nibby rifle spy i didnt get any crashes last night at all, just a couple sync probs (like 2 in 6 hours ish of play) alot better than my last longish stint (like 3 months ago, lol) may be a result of this patch or ones since then but its nice to see its a bit better.

Neocron as a city is an underdog in this War even after bombing the shit out of the Dome but there is one thing i think should happen, KK seem to be now focusing more on stability a little ingeneral looking at the planfile which is always good, the game being more stable will bring alot of fun back to the game and get OP wars more fun again as they wont have interuptions, storyline seems to be creepying back im hoping this will pick up when neocronicle.com finally becomes active but not going to roleplay events isnt going to make the situation any better imho trying to work with the EGMs may get the story more inline and balanced it would be nice to have a Q&A with Chenoa and Arbiter about the direction of the storyline me thinks.

Anyway, while the main coding element of KK is fixing stability, how about we get some sort of finish or balancing to the item distribution system if we can make a proposal and get it though to the content and quality assurance team im sure if supported by enough valid information and pointers we could get some balance back into the city scale.

This is ofcourse wishful thinking but im going to try this, think i shall send off a couple e-mails today see what we can get up to :p

Anyway, its still an improvement to patches as this seems to have fixed things (fair enough it has broken some things) but KK now have 14 days to deliver Item Tracking (to stay within the planfile timescale), lets hope this comes next week to be early.

Dribble Joy
17-06-05, 14:14
The client and server already support color change. How do we know? Because it happened involuntarily and accidentally to almost every character on Terra server. Whatever body you were wearing got tinted a pale bluish green, and whatever legs you were wearing got tinted a medium reddish purple. Most of us have had our colors reset by a GM since then.
That's not the point, yes NC has the ability to put a hue over the current textures, but it wouldn't work, for reason allready mentioned.

Nonetheless, having some people's clothes be different colors from the default colors didn't break the client, cause lag, blight the crops, summon down the lightning, or perform any of the 14 Recognized Signs of Divinity. (Including #14, "Be the Winslow.")
We never said it would, but the current textures are simply not designed or suited to colour change.

CMaster
17-06-05, 16:28
Not to mention people dieing wearing PA reguarly become said PA hue.

eprodigy
17-06-05, 19:30
[ edited ]

CMaster
17-06-05, 20:25
[ edited ]

BaDDaSS
17-06-05, 20:29
[ edited ]

Toxen
17-06-05, 20:56
You see as long as we all go about smiling and happy happy and deny that this game is falling apart it really isn't, now shhhs and rember smiley and happy.

eprodigy
17-06-05, 21:37
[ edited ]

Darkana
18-06-05, 12:25
*sigh*

Haven't read this thread, finally managed to log in today, found a Rokkwear and all I got is changing my clothes. While this is nicely done, all I want is to get my black clothes back :mad:

As a sidenote: I had black clothes in NC2 'til the messup on Terra. Yes, black, and no, it was not a bug, the colors got transfered over from NC1. It did look good and it worked, so screw all your arguments, I know it's possible (and looks good, too)! :p

Anyway, good patch, especially those sneaky memory leak bugs are hard to catch! And now I gotta run to the far-far-away land again for tagging the GR :)

Original monk
18-06-05, 13:16
all I want is to get my black clothes back :mad:

likewise, i loved my black tank :/

i didnt updated yet with the patch, fishing was a bit more important, tough i gonna do it now and check if my ppuspells changed in "good" quality ones lol

BradSTL
21-06-05, 07:54
1) ProtoPharm Labs is now a secure zone.

2) Tangent HQ's genrep how has two guards staring straight at it.

CMaster
21-06-05, 11:47
PP Lab being a safezone was a (very odd) patch 131 change.

Toxen
21-06-05, 13:12
And those Tangent Genrep guards have been there Pre patch 131 heck i can't even rember how long ago they were put in but i know they've been there age's probably since start of NC2 and they don't actually guard the GR your out of agro range with the guards when you gr in. As we discussed in the debacle when you claimed Crahn HQ GR and FA Sector GR was unguarded all city HQ GR's you can gr into if your anti city (unguarded even the patroling copbot in CA's gone). Where as you can't in doy. Its quite easy to solve yet hasn't been so City kinda feels like their gettin shafted with visable reasons.

And to further prove my point we just have to look at the rather odd placement of the TG Canyon gr... not in a public open place.. not in the bar downstairs where it used to be... not in the TG Canyon HQ (Which dev's,there are still the navray tags for GR's in the HQ levels rather than upstairs)... They place it in a FA shop opposite the new FA doy Turrets anyone thats encountered theses in FA HQ or on that PRE-Determined event to do with the canyons opening on the city side. Your chances of surviving agaisnt these while GRing in are nil, (swear they're using ion technology). So it just feels this game is going DoY only I seriously expect if the game survives till christmas (and Im having seriously doubts again as vets have started leaving for other games) that DoY will be running NC.