PDA

View Full Version : Over 80K of weapon part #7 just gone.

Seven
15-06-05, 23:56
Trading from my barter to constructer and parts just vanished when I put them into the trade window, (twice)!

Did the relog and all the tricks, still gone.

'bout had it with this game...

enigma_b17
16-06-05, 00:02
i know the feeling, ive lost 100 sl twice on my droner for no reason. Ill be givin this game another month or so before i go in search of better things

[TgR]KILLER
16-06-05, 00:08
sl loss on a droner is a feature not a bug :rolleyes: was leveling a droner. first time i took the droner on some real leveling ( out of level 8 sidestreets into crp cave ) i lost 80 sl while i haven't even shot out half of the clip of my first drone. and i made damn sure i was teamed before taking even that drone out. gave up right there and then lommed pure trader lol.

Jesterthegreat
16-06-05, 00:17
i know the feeling, ive lost 100 sl twice on my droner for no reason. Ill be givin this game another month or so before i go in search of better things

theres a few pre-beta sci fi games on mmorpg.copm i'm keeping my eye on, as well as the more known of things like twilight war and fallen earth.

IceStorm
16-06-05, 00:41
You sure you didn't hit the -200 weight limit and just drop the parts under some furniture?

Seven
16-06-05, 00:44
You sure you didn't hit the -200 weight limit and just drop the parts under some furniture?

Of course! :lol:

Infinite
16-06-05, 00:53
theres a few pre-beta sci fi games on mmorpg.copm i'm keeping my eye on, as well as the more known of things like twilight war and fallen earth.
Anything in beta? Or hitting it soon?

IceStorm
16-06-05, 02:11
Of course! Were you overweight at all? Maybe you've found a new bug.

Jesterthegreat
16-06-05, 13:28
Anything in beta? Or hitting it soon?

well aa is in beta, but thats a whole different kinda post apoc game.

i'm pretty much watchin games atm cos nothing thats currently betaing has really caught my eye (except AA as a possibility... but the community seems to be a bunch of carebears)

Xylaz
16-06-05, 14:37
well aa is in beta, but thats a whole different kinda post apoc game.

i'm pretty much watchin games atm cos nothing thats currently betaing has really caught my eye (except AA as a possibility... but the community seems to be a bunch of carebears)

whats AA? the only AA i know and play is Americas Army, but thats definitely not a post apoc game :p

Fallen Earth is still 1-2 years away, Twilight War will probably hit beta at the end of 2005/early 2006.

woOpin
16-06-05, 15:32
Auto Assualt - Betas ok supose - not as good as NC imho :)

Jesterthegreat
16-06-05, 19:49
Auto Assualt - Betas ok supose - not as good as NC imho :)

like i said, different play style.

yeah i mean auto assult. was majorly put off it by the community recently... i mean theres already no reward for pvp... theres no loss for dieing what-so-ever... thats carebear as hell. and the worst thing is its what the community want. they call any kind of killing "griefing". they say it cant change or people will go into the PvP areas with the sole intention of killing people...

:rolleyes:

:edit: phantasy star online has a dl and a free trial... i dont expect much but ill give it a bash.

a company who can manage to make a game available to the masses... makes a change...

Rabiator
17-06-05, 00:15

Yes, in 2006 a few interesting things should appear. If your interest is not strictly limited to cyberpunk, Tabula Rasa might be interesting too (FPS-ish SciFi MMORPG).
So NC has maybe another year to shape up. Right now, the last patch notes are nice to read but the game seems more unstable than before.

Jesterthegreat
17-06-05, 00:20
Yes, in 2006 a few interesting things should appear. If your interest is not strictly limited to cyberpunk, Tabula Rasa might be interesting too (FPS-ish SciFi MMORPG).
So NC has maybe another year to shape up. Right now, the last patch notes are nice to read but the game seems more unstable than before.

theres always been a "if nc doesnt improve" varying from SWG to FOMK.

however with the sheer amount of possibilities coming up its more likely to be true now :p

E. Cryton
17-06-05, 00:25
i lost like 40 sl, jsut because of ganking some idiots..

life sucks :mad:

trigger hurt
17-06-05, 02:20

however with the sheer amount of possibilities coming up its more likely to be true now :p

The downfall may not be due to those games, but they have contributed in some ways. Some people left for good and never came back to play those or similar games. At the same time, other people are leaving cause they are just fed up or they need a break. Some of them return, the majority, we have seen, do not.

Rabiator
17-06-05, 19:40

however with the sheer amount of possibilities coming up its more likely to be true now

The downfall may not be due to those games, but they have contributed in some ways. Some people left for good and never came back to play those or similar games. At the same time, other people are leaving cause they are just fed up or they need a break. Some of them return, the majority, we have seen, do not.

For those that are willing to play fantasy stuff for a change, there is, and always was, plenty of choice. Quite a number of NC players have left for WOW (and many of them are coming back because they find WOW boring :p ).

For those that prefer science fiction/cyberpunk settings, SWG may be interesting (I have not played it), but FOMK was a big disappointment. I played in the open beta and found it really weak. Definitely NOT serious competition.
The next batch of competitors might be tougher. With Twilight War and Fallen Earth, there are two games in development that will go straight for the cyberpunk fans. Tabula Rasa is supposed to have FPS-like combat, which would also make it more of a NC replacement than most existing games. I guess that at least one of the three games will get it right. That one might do what many expected from FOMK, lure away many runners forever.

Unless KK gets the bugs in NC fixed. If that happens, I can imagine NC as a very long-lived game like the original Counterstrike. Because the gameplay is great, and it does more than compensate for the somewhat outdated graphics.

imper1um
17-06-05, 20:47
Probably the cause of this was caused by the inventory bug. Sometimes, people get access to your inventory and GoGo due to a linking bug between players. I know that's how one of the people I knew got a 3 Slot Ultimated Libby (I think).

trigger hurt
18-06-05, 00:38
For those that are willing to play fantasy stuff for a change, there is, and always was, plenty of choice. Quite a number of NC players have left for WOW (and many of them are coming back because they find WOW boring :p ).

For those that prefer science fiction/cyberpunk settings, SWG may be interesting (I have not played it), but FOMK was a big disappointment. I played in the open beta and found it really weak. Definitely NOT serious competition.
The next batch of competitors might be tougher. With Twilight War and Fallen Earth, there are two games in development that will go straight for the cyberpunk fans. Tabula Rasa is supposed to have FPS-like combat, which would also make it more of a NC replacement than most existing games. I guess that at least one of the three games will get it right. That one might do what many expected from FOMK, lure away many runners forever.

Unless KK gets the bugs in NC fixed. If that happens, I can imagine NC as a very long-lived game like the original Counterstrike. Because the gameplay is great, and it does more than compensate for the somewhat outdated graphics.

If "many of them are coming back because the find wow boring", could you please tell me where they are? I've logged in a different times of the day. Trade channel was dead. Noone in local. Some may be coming back. I hardly caount 3 or 4 as "many".

FoMK is still in beta. Duplex systems is doing something KK should have done. Keeping their product in beta until it's actually done.

Jesterthegreat
18-06-05, 00:58
For those that are willing to play fantasy stuff for a change, there is, and always was, plenty of choice. Quite a number of NC players have left for WOW (and many of them are coming back because they find WOW boring :p ). indeed. i played WoW for a few hours, but didnt enjoy it. however i played AoC for years and it was better than that. i can see how its the best in that kind of combat based genre, but its not for me.

For those that prefer science fiction/cyberpunk settings, SWG may be interesting (I have not played it), but FOMK was a big disappointment. I played in the open beta and found it really weak. Definitely NOT serious competition. again with SWG. if you are a massive fan of the SWG universe you may like it... but i saw no events / RP for the few months i played... it was just the star wars universe. admittedly this was right after release.

The next batch of competitors might be tougher. With Twilight War and Fallen Earth, there are two games in development that will go straight for the cyberpunk fans. Tabula Rasa is supposed to have FPS-like combat, which would also make it more of a NC replacement than most existing games. I guess that at least one of the three games will get it right. That one might do what many expected from FOMK, lure away many runners forever. this "niche" market is getting explored by more companies. sooner or later there will be one that reaches its potential and people will play it. its only a matter of time, though that time is debatable.

exactly. gameplay > graphics. UO is still rated as the best MMO after what... 10 years? a single unofficial has mopre players online at once than all nc servers combined. why? its fantastic. it has good pvp, this server has duel pits, the combat isnt item based on good servers, its skill based. all in all its a fantastic game. nc has the potential to be an amazing game. it won't attract the same amount of players as a mainstream MMO, but it could certainly get a following. look at the fallout series. look at deus ex. all games totally different to others at the time, all gained an impressive following.

Rabiator
18-06-05, 01:01
FoMK is still in beta. Duplex systems is doing something KK should have done. Keeping their product in beta until it's actually done.

Unfortunately, FoMK suffered from more fundamental problems than bugs. Actually, stability was the only area where it compared favouraby to NC:
Within two weeks, it went from more crash-prone than NC to quite stable.

A far greater problem was that trade and mission generation depended entirely on the players. Sounds promising for roleplay, but the economy was in disorder and there were practically no missions my miner could do.
A few NPCs that hand out newbie missions and sell newbie weapons would have saved the game for me, but there were none. Since then, I believe that some basic NPC infrastructure to get people started is essential.

UnderLoK
18-06-05, 01:01
i lost like 40 sl, jsut because of ganking some idiots..

life sucks :mad:

Damnit! I ran into that same bug today while I was out hunting!

E. Cryton
18-06-05, 01:03
to lose sl because of killing f6 allies is a bug 0.o ?

Asurmen Spec Op
22-06-05, 23:00
to lose sl because of killing f6 allies is a bug 0.o ? In some peoples minds

Ninjano2002uk
23-06-05, 01:27
Guild Wars is very good , plus u dont pay montly just a 1 time 29.99 or sumthing & maybe a little fee every 6months i heard if that, ok so the PVP is a little no NC.. but hey no bugs in game so far :) no lag spikes its just not in the future which is a little crap :(

Jesterthegreat
23-06-05, 01:30
Guild Wars is very good , plus u dont pay montly just a 1 time 29.99 or sumthing & maybe a little fee every 6months i heard if that, ok so the PVP is a little no NC.. but hey no bugs in game so far :) no lag spikes its just not in the future which is a little crap :(

gimme your sa on merc...

Crest
23-06-05, 10:42
We got this a alot caving ....

I believe its happens when you are shooting and someone somewhere in the sector dies when you fire, machine thinks its you and punishes u.

Funny thing is, when leveling my dronner I had a LE in when this happened .....