PDA

View Full Version : NC2 - Asian Release Died!!

Capt. Rik
15-06-05, 16:59
Neocron 2 (Asia Beta) will be closing on 17th of June 2005 at 11.00 am(+8 gmt)
Dear Beta testers,

On behalf of the company, I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for participating in NC2 Asia close beta testing. We have collected a lot of information over the past 1.5 months that will help the developers greatly in improving the product.

I regret to inform you that the Neocron 2 servers will be brought down this coming Friday 17th of June 2005 at 11.00 am to conclude the end of this close beta. All web sites related to www.nc-2.com will be brought down. Our company strongly believes that we should provide a competitive product which is suitable for customers here; as such we have decided not to host Neocron 2 here for now. Instead, we will be focusing on enhancing the product to suit you better.

If you are interested in finding out more about the commercialized version of Neocron 2 and other 10tacle Studios products, please feel visit us at http://www.10tacle.com/

Best regards,
Desmond Chua
Neocron Project

Lifted straight from the NC2 Asian forum.

Can't say i'm too surprised tbh - the game was in a similar state to the one we have and there only seemed to be about 4 or 5 players who used the asian forum.

enigma_b17
15-06-05, 17:04
surprised....there wasnt a chance in hell it was going to succeed in asia in that state it was in. THe asian market is filled with mmo's and nc2 just didnt ave a chance.

Bugs Gunny
15-06-05, 17:12
Translation:

We finaly realised that the quality of our product didn't compare to the asian games out right now.
We had nobody logging onto our servers and noticed we should have spent some money on advertising.

Our egoes got hurt in asia, and we'll now curl up and die in europe.

Infinite
15-06-05, 18:10
Didn't really need to post it, we knew it anyway.

At he momment i have more fun watching macro tell me that the Gunz servers are full repeatidly than loggin into NC

Digital-Talios
15-06-05, 19:09
without words... thanks for posting

Crest
15-06-05, 19:11
Sad, 3 months of Asia release stuff, for a proof of concept that never made it past Beta.

How many times did I hear, this was delayed and that was delayed due to Asia release.
One of the core reasons Asia would have failed was, where we currently have a community here, of which alot of players have been since Beta or near beta, when NC1 had its most potential. Ther epeople carried over to NC2, Asia market never had this.

I think it should show KK that without the vets NC2 probably would die a quick death.

Jesterthegreat
15-06-05, 19:31
Didn't really need to post it, we knew it anyway.

At he momment i have more fun watching macro tell me that the Gunz servers are full repeatidly than loggin into NC

you dont need a macro... jam the penny in the side of the keyboard, holding the enter key down.

or a ring pull.

Riddle
15-06-05, 19:58
Makes you wonder who's bright idea it was to try for Asia, Make that kind of mistake in my business and your on your way home with your P45.

They could have spent that time dealing with the improvements so badly needed.

Xylaz
15-06-05, 20:03
hmm maybe that could be the reason KK has finally started doing something about NC (aka new planfiles)?
Or this is last final KK scam attempt before closing the NC project down?

Time will tell i guess

40$Poser
15-06-05, 20:03
perhaps releasing this game in North America might make an increase in the player base, but meh, it's been suggested and said it'd be done. When it's seems to be the last thing on reakktor's mind.

athon
15-06-05, 20:17
hmm maybe that could be the reason KK has finally started doing something about NC (aka new planfiles)?
Or this is last final KK scam attempt before closing the NC project down?

Time will tell i guess
Nah - the plan files trick is an old one for KK. They release these amazing plan filels every so often to make the waivering players think "oh, maybe thngs are looking up, I'll pay my renewals for another x months and hope for the best", but if you look back at the old plan files (unfortunately I don't have a link to hand) and analayze just how much of the stuff gets implemented, you'll see why KK have plan files and other developers such as FunCom have 'features coming this patch cycle'. One gets fulfilled, the other doesn't.

Athon Solo

Infinite
15-06-05, 20:24
you dont need a macro... jam the penny in the side of the keyboard, holding the enter key down.

or a ring pull. A macros easier than balancing random items on the keyboard... i used to do that enough hunting warbots :)

How do you do it with a ringpull?

Seven
15-06-05, 20:39
I'd expect a similiar post for NC2 sometime in the near future IMHO. :(

Jesterthegreat
15-06-05, 21:38
A macros easier than balancing random items on the keyboard... i used to do that enough hunting warbots :)

How do you do it with a ringpull?

not balancing...

fitting down the side of a key so the key is held down.

Tratos
15-06-05, 22:29
Thats really quite sad although inevitable.

I hope KK can hang on...

We might all take the piss, rant and scream and shout and just generaly complain about Neocron but were all still here for two reasons, we like the concept (Story, PvP, Setting, Genre) and we have friends here and without NC people you know ingame may cease to play MMOs or be scattered trying to find a replacement for Neocron with the same things we like from it...

It'll suck so badly if 10T pulls the plug on ReaKKtor.com :(

enigma_b17
15-06-05, 23:12

I hope KK can hang on...

We might all take the piss, rant and scream and shout and just generaly complain about Neocron but were all still here for two reasons, we like the concept (Story, PvP, Setting, Genre) and we have friends here and without NC people you know ingame may cease to play MMOs or be scattered trying to find a replacement for Neocron with the same things we like from it...

true.....but if nc fails kk will only have themselves to blame.

Seven
15-06-05, 23:33
true.....but if nc fails kk will only have themselves to blame.

Not KK, but certain people making the big decisions.

KK; as being the work force behind NC, has busted their asses time and time again!!!

jernau
16-06-05, 00:16
not balancing...

fitting down the side of a key so the key is held down.
Elastic band + Dice + Celotape = Sabre-Wolf Dice. Best invention EVER!

On topic : It never even went retail 8|. I thought it was on shelves somewhere out there months ago.

Jesterthegreat
16-06-05, 00:18
I thought it was on shelves somewhere out there months ago.

the only way they could convince people to "test" it was to put it on the shelves next to L2? :p

jernau
16-06-05, 00:24
the only way they could convince people to "test" it was to put it on the shelves next to L2? :p
I'd strip naked in the fast lane of the M6 and bludgeon myself to death with wet kippers before I played even one minute more of L2.

Heavyporker
16-06-05, 01:11
I can only wonder what the particular details were of the asian company's analysis of the situation was.

40$Poser
16-06-05, 01:54
surprised no one from reakktor has bothered to respond to this thread or deny the fact that things could be going downhill fast with the europe version.

ZoVoS
16-06-05, 02:21
=] they should relese it open sorce, and let us lot have a look at it =D

im sure we can patch it up

Toxen
16-06-05, 04:21
Yuh we'ed have it patched up pritty much in under a month if everyone threw in. Heck i'd be willing to give up some of my summer of boozing and beachs to help sort the game out though open source we'ed see a brand new set of exploits popup over night. But if this drop in asia is some sort of preclusion to it gettin dropped over here I put out the call to KK - 10tacle to consider selling the game to another development company before letting it goto the wall.

ZoVoS
16-06-05, 04:37
Yuh we'ed have it patched up pritty much in under a month if everyone threw in. Heck i'd be willing to give up some of my summer of boozing and beachs to help sort the game out though open source we'ed see a brand new set of exploits popup over night. But if this drop in asia is some sort of preclusion to it gettin dropped over here I put out the call to KK - 10tacle to consider selling the game to another development company before letting it goto the wall.

microsoft microsoft microsoft LMFAO :angel:

Infinite
16-06-05, 05:33

I hope KK can hang on...

Releasing NC2 killed NC for me..... its crap compared to NC1... i can't explain y :s

Ryen
16-06-05, 07:02
Translation:

We finaly realised that the quality of our product didn't compare to the asian games out right now.
We had nobody logging onto our servers and noticed we should have spent some money on advertising.

Our egoes got hurt in asia, and we'll now curl up and die in europe.

If this happens I won't be sympathetic, since they had about 3 years to fix it. If they do fix this game, I will sign up with 20 accounts.

Morganth
16-06-05, 07:34

But if the rate of fixing things is greater than the rate someone can find and abuse an exploit, the damage is negligable (sp?). Take a look at the various Linux flavours, its open source but because so many people bug-fix for it, any exploits in the code as covered over fairly fast.

imper1um
16-06-05, 08:13

or a ring pull.
They made it so if you hit the enter key repeatedly too fast, it will lock you from logging in without shutting down the program.

Superbron
16-06-05, 08:31
Releasing NC2 killed NC for me..... its crap compared to NC1... i can't explain y :sIt's the F6-change :( I liked the complexity of F6 in NC1

Morganth
16-06-05, 10:33
It's the F6-change :( I liked the complexity of F6 in NC1

I never paid attention to that, I just listened to whoever my clan's leader said was KoS and it was done, lol. I prefer the server population of NC1, and regardless of what KK think there is no way in hell NC2 is better than NC1. If NC2 was so amazingly godlike, why do I see more people leaving than joining? Why have most the long term players left for better games?

The day KK realize that NC2 was their greatest failure, is the day it officially dies :rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
16-06-05, 10:49
Cmon morganth, you know you love those hovercabs, that have a major frequency spike in their sound, making subwoofers resonate and kill themselves.

It's THE feature why we all transfered and lost our shit.

Selendor
16-06-05, 11:39
Oh dear. I am also annoyed because this was one of the many excuses made for why Neocron went unpatched for 3 months at a time. Doesn't quite beat delaying Neocron 2 for 6 months because of item tracking and player shops being put in...

Get ready for the new excuse 'sorry no patches or dev time because we are working on the pvp server'.

Its all the same blah blah blah, and I still don't have an answer from KK as to how many coders they have working full time on the game.

Enjoy the game as it is today, and don't ever expect it to get better. That is the only way to play Neocron.

Capt. Rik
16-06-05, 12:41
Holger's Announcement:

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=126135

This thread can be closed.

Original monk
16-06-05, 13:01
It's THE feature why we all transfered and lost our shit.

i upgraded to NC2 for one reason: npc playershops, i wasnt quiet wellinformed ... they still arent here lol, so every few weeks i spend a weekend buying/selling/whining over trade ... then im good to go for a few weeks again ...

tough im so tired of the trading .. ok i loved it but after a few years its well ... boring lol ... spamming a few days for one daamn SHpart or DShull etc ... no thanx (are them shops THAT hard to implement ? :( )

i dunno about the hovercabs ... they should be cheap transportation but a 0/2 LE'er is way faster on foot :/ also on a nonLEchar they can yust keel ya in there before ya can even get out lol ... not to mention they dont even cross an entire zone lol ... few corners yah

i didnt play for a few months when NC2 started out ... still mad about the zillions i lost in the rollback ... not to mention enough 4 and 5 slotted rares to decorate plaza 1 lol ... im happy allready a littlebit survived ... in contrary with some of my friends ...

cool having loads of psicores, marines and SF's to take with you to NC2 ... less cool they aint worth millions nomore but about 60k to make em :/

bah i gonna stop typing

(edit: tough not before i cry again about my set of 4 diffrent kamichips ... snif, YO i needed those really bad to level my new chars :( :mad: :cry: ... you cannot even imagine what a bitch it was to get those ... not even mentioning the prices you had to pay for one ... DS, millions, 5slotters anyone ?... yust gone)

Crest
16-06-05, 13:24
(edit: tough not before i cry again about my set of 4 diffrent kamichips ... snif, YO i needed those really bad to level my new chars :( :mad: :cry: ... you cannot even imagine what a bitch it was to get those ... not even mentioning the prices you had to pay for one ... DS, millions, 5slotters anyone ?... yust gone)

This was one of those instances where, the plan file was known to some players before others. Cause someone at KK tells his friends (I cant prove this of course so it is speculation, but evidance is there to be seen).

Situation - We camp MC5 for months before hand (On Uranus as everyone on saturn got screwed). Got together about 40 MC5 chips and try on trade - WTT DS / SA for Kami (Rifle or Monk) ... For weeks, nothing then all of a sudden enters the God of the Sun ... who offers us not one , or 2 but a total of 10 Kami's for 12 MC5 chips ..... We do the trade ... asking why ?
2 weeks later and the not transaferable list is increased to include Kamis and special bullets - Spirit mods. aint saying nothing but 2 weeks before the decision someone knew about it, got his entire clans Kami's togther and traded them. Man I was pissed .....
We also sold a DS for 50 million, but that bought us tools to bring over, and we generated 12 million from it in NC2 from good planning.

None the less ......

Jesterthegreat
16-06-05, 13:48
The resulting feedback showed that Neocron2 is not really compatible with the requirements of this special market in the condition its in... what market is it suited to?

the only one i can think of is old players who are already addicted... but the lack of high end content, and many stupid decisions make many of them quit too.

Gotterdammerung
16-06-05, 19:08
Closed as per thread starters request