PDA

View Full Version : cs -=- SF plasmawave

ZoVoS
14-06-05, 22:51
argument ingame everybody said different answers

does the special forces plasmawave hit as hard as a cs when both are totaly capped, i say yes, i have been told yes, same time ppl have said no, and ppl have told me no

anybody provide us with a screenie of both capped shooting the damagestandard, erm no idea what that is now, prolly still launcher's

ty in advanced

modded with ammo agains modded withough ammo dont count, needs to be both modded or both not :P

Jesterthegreat
14-06-05, 22:56
no.

though the damage is extremely close.

oh and also take into account the different firing rates, the different shots per clip and the non locational damage.

its a whole different gun.

ZoVoS
14-06-05, 22:58
=] i know the other factors :P but the wave guns are better imo

and we tested shooting sumbody and the wave came of better, taking the other things into acount cs is better ye, but damage output im interested in =]

if most ppl say cs is a lil better ill take there word for it

Jesterthegreat
14-06-05, 23:07
=] i know the other factors :P but the wave guns are better imo

and we tested shooting sumbody and the wave came of better, taking the other things into acount cs is better ye, but damage output im interested in =]

if most ppl say cs is a lil better ill take there word for it

depends on the enemy as non-loc makes a large difference to damage depending on the targets resist / health balance.

Nullvoid
14-06-05, 23:07
On a fully healed target the cs does more damage and at a faster rate. It only begins to suck as you get closer to dropping your target as the damage scales down progressively.

The rav/sf plasma wave starts off doing slightly less damage compared to the cs, but the amount never varies no matter what health the enemy has.

Your best bet in a duel is use the CS till they are down to half health, then switch to rav/sf plasma wave. You're using both weapon types at the time they are best suited and as such, if you get your aiming right, should easily be able to beat someone who uses only the cs or only the rav/sf plasma wave.

Jesterthegreat
14-06-05, 23:10
On a fully healed target the cs does more damage and at a faster rate. It only begins to suck as you get closer to dropping your target as the damage scales down progressively.

The rav/sf plasma wave starts off doing slightly less damage compared to the cs, but the amount never varies no matter what health the enemy has.

Your best bet in a duel is use the CS till they are down to half health, then switch to rav/sf plasma wave. You're using both weapon types at the time they are best suited and as such, if you get your aiming right, should easily be able to beat someone who uses only the cs or only the rav/sf plasma wave.

100% correct. a CS / rav (or SF wave) combo > either one alone.

however i feel he was asking while thinking about the PvP server (even if thats not what he said :p) in which case he is unlikely to use both

ZoVoS
14-06-05, 23:16
having used all i prefer not using the cs because of the variable damage factor

that said this is sumin im long over due posting because its been bugging me having arguemnts for ages about it so its not just the pvp server.

i have found a SF to be better to use than rav and ocationaly better than a cs but it seems totaly random, and u aint gona just ask the person whys my SF so much better on u that a cs is where this bloke i totald with a cs and not the SF

im guessing its sumin to do with total hp not just resists

Jesterthegreat
14-06-05, 23:18
im guessing its sumin to do with total hp not just resists

as i said, its based on the balance of resists / health.

Street
15-06-05, 14:46
what about compared to a rav? thats the wep i use on my tank - i know the ca wep is higher tl but is the dmg too?

Dribble Joy
15-06-05, 14:57
as i said, its based on the balance of resists / health.
The actual dmg per shot/burst is dependant on the remaining hp though. The higher resists are a by-product and only amplify the apparent effect of the former, rather than being a direct influence.

Bugs Gunny
15-06-05, 16:34
A SF is harder to cap, so you'll need at least a 4 slot one.
If capped it does more dammage than a rav.
It's not a rare but does have a swirly.

Prices.... well let's just say i spent 1.7mil in parts with barter till i got a 4slot, i stopped building after that.

Jesterthegreat
15-06-05, 19:21
The actual dmg per shot/burst is dependant on the remaining hp though. The higher resists are a by-product and only amplify the apparent effect of the former, rather than being a direct influence.

someone with 200 energy resist will take less than someone with 0.

thats the point i am making, dressing it up in fancy words is optional, but the different damage is fact.

ZoVoS
16-06-05, 04:38
im gessin i cant use my illigal slotties on it?

rite?

Morganth
16-06-05, 07:30
im gessin i cant use my illigal slotties on it?

rite?

Wrong. You can use slotties on them, they aren't classed as a "rare" item even though they have a swirly. Still got my unmodded 4 slot SF Plasma Wave from when my tank was in PAIN :(

CMaster
16-06-05, 12:40
As far as I can tell, you can use soltenhancers if there is a blueprint - amusingly, it seems that Devourers still have the old swirley weapon slot chance - I made 8, and got slots (minimum 2) or more slots thatn enhancers gaurantee (min 1 more) on all of them.

ZoVoS
16-06-05, 19:42
didnt know u oculd use slotties on fraction blueprints :O

well then thats no prob, i could belt my weapon 100X over and just need to construct one, ye i woudlnt waste a ultima on evry one, but i dont need total cap like =] weapon mod damage mod thats all, 1.5 slotties are in abundance so thats easy then use a 3 slottie for a ultimaa weapon modded one