PDA

View Full Version : PvP Server Characters wiped

forcefullpower
14-06-05, 21:58
If a PvP server is coming on are you going to wipe all players as people are going on there now to lvl characters.

To get an adantage over others.

Will you allow this????

Xylaz
14-06-05, 22:03
i doubt it, it would erase the whole mercury population at the same time (account wise)

Besides, is that really that big advantage? You need one week to equip yourself for pvp (PE) or one month for other classess. Cant really see a problem here.

/edit/ well i see a problem for mercurian players though. But maybe KK will think out something. New server or character transfer options. Something like this.

ZoVoS
14-06-05, 22:20
a fresh whip is the only way to go, that said at the same time u cant remove all the merc players

so the only way to do it is freze merc in time, and open it as pvp, then offer a character transffer to other servers, or an entier snapshop change to a new server sometime in the future

Jesterthegreat
14-06-05, 22:31
a fresh whip is the only way to go, that said at the same time u cant remove all the merc players

exactly.

they should either:

1. allow transfer too and from merc

2. allow transfer off merc, then wipe it

3. make a new server (preferable to everyone i would imagine...)

ZoVoS
14-06-05, 22:46
3. make a new server (preferable to everyone i would imagine...)
apart from kk who has to shell out fo it =]

dem0n
14-06-05, 22:47
tbh, I think we should all get a new start :P

ZoVoS
14-06-05, 22:54
i wanted total character wipe for nc1 to nc2, and u only got some sort of item that proved u were a NC1 er

Jesterthegreat
14-06-05, 22:57
apart from kk who has to shell out fo it =]

yet they not only keep uranus running for the tiny population there, but they buy replacement parts to get it working again... *sigh*

ZoVoS
14-06-05, 23:03
i know, but then nc1 was hosted on a computer made of conflake packets and chewie gum :D

but on a serious note ur right, some selfish ashhats who need a good kick up the arse are tieing up hardware that could be upgraded to nc2 standards and used as pvp server fraimwork

Jesterthegreat
14-06-05, 23:08
i know, but then nc1 was hosted on a computer made of conflake packets and chewie gum :D

but on a serious note ur right, some selfish ashhats who need a good kick up the arse are tieing up hardware that could be upgraded to nc2 standards and used as pvp server fraimwork

even if the servers arent usable... even if they arent sellable... kk could save power, bandwidth, maintainence, and support costs.

:edit: and storage / housing costs.

LiL T
14-06-05, 23:41
Who cares if they have the advantage they won't find me while I lvl

eprodigy
14-06-05, 23:55
the patch note said changing mercury to pvp server was "highly requested" i think, but i havent seen a single player on merc happy about it.. only the people from terra seem to like it ----

a pvp server in itself was highly requested before but not to replace a home server of a (sadly) decent size of the NC (german) population.. a server that seems to be a more RP atmosphere mabye like pluto? i dont think plutonians would have liked turning it into a pvp server.

use a diff server, allow them to leave+wipe, whatever. but the server that is the pvp server should start from a 100% clean slate.

--
and lol yay we can argue about uranus without being interupted =) i think the worst part is none of them probably even pay for a subscription so there demanding a server they dont even pay for to be maintained. (even if that one guy does the other 3 people on it dont :S)

Infinite
15-06-05, 01:35
How about an fresh NC1 server for pvp..... fuck NC1 was much bettr than NC2 for pvp :)

I'll even buy u an ipod to run it on and a 56k connection...

[TgR]KILLER
15-06-05, 10:50
the patch note said changing mercury to pvp server was "highly requested" i think, but i havent seen a single player on merc happy about it.. only the people from terra seem to like it ----

your reading it wrong. A pvp server was highly requested ( well highly just about 50 pkers who got bored who want it ) and kk made the choice and picked merc. it was never requested by anybody that they would change merc. and yea they don't like it. and if kk pushes this trough i gonna laugh when their revenue drops to half what it is now because all the merc guys leaving nc.

numb
15-06-05, 10:54
I hope there is a complete character wipe, but existing characters should be able to transfer to another server. And I dont mean the NC1 to NC2 style transfer, I mean cabs, apartments, vehicles, everything.

Ideally though, a new server would be better.

Xeno LARD
15-06-05, 11:48
I`d prefer a fresh 1-slot server to stop people from ppu-whoring.

Superbron
15-06-05, 12:37
I`d prefer a fresh 1-slot server
My choice too, but I doubt if it is viable with serverpops as they are now. :(

Mr Kot
15-06-05, 13:41
I`d prefer a fresh 1-slot server to stop people from ppu-whoring.

If there was one of these in the first place (1 slot international, that is) there wouldn't have been all this trouble to start with. There wouldn't be all the ppu whoring, the bored ally killers, the over use of alts leading to a lack of public tradeskillers etc...

I've said it before and i'll say it again, the Pluto community had fun and we looked after our only char. Getting rid of the one slot international server was gravely unwise.

Enabling a char transfer from Merc then wiping it would be fair and all, but i have no more slots on Terra to transfer to. Maybe i'd delete my newbie monk on Mars and move my Merc char there. Hell, i may even play more on the new Merc if the Terra community starts getting to me.

As for my experience so far on Mercury, i have found the community to be very fair and sportsmanlike. I don't draw attention to myself or my nationality (i don't let on that i'm english if i can avoid it) and i have had no trouble whatsoever finding tradeskillers to work for me - even for free. I just ask nicely in their own language, and they bend over backwards to log trader alts for me, even repping to MB or wherever i am. Even when i was PKed after raiding CRP, they rezzed me after and let me go. Very sporting. Now how many terrans would do that?

Jesterthegreat
15-06-05, 19:18
can we plz stop the bullshit about 1 slot > all?

do a quick forum search. you can find polls with "how many accounts do you own" aimed at pluto players and the majority had multiple. a 1 slot server fixes nothing. its ppu's that need fixing, not the amount of chars you can have on each account.

eprodigy
15-06-05, 19:48
not to mention there are people who would play just a PPU

Xylaz
15-06-05, 20:13
FACT is that 1 slot servers (well pluto, that is) had very little ppu population (like 10% maybe) while on 4 slot servers we got loads (50% of the whole population?, maybe even more) of them - care to guess the reason for it?

And yes, i did not count FF into that, they are just exceptioon from the general rule :p

Jesterthegreat
15-06-05, 21:36
FACT is that 1 slot servers (well pluto, that is) had very little ppu population (like 10% maybe) while on 4 slot servers we got loads (50% of the whole population?, maybe even more) of them - care to guess the reason for it?

And yes, i did not count FF into that, they are just exceptioon from the general rule :p

when i played nc1 i did it on a 4 slot server.

i never saw the ppu zergs we have now.

we have ppu zergs now because other people have ppu zergs now. and to fight a ppu army you need one of your own. its the snowball effect.

it has nothing to do with slotage, for example bugs gunny has 4 accounts right now. if there was a 1 slot server whats to stop him having a ppu? (only mentioning him since he said he has 4 accounts recently :p)

NCAT very rarely had more than 2 ppu's online. in fact i can only think of 3 off the top of my head in the clan. yet we managed to own about 70% of the map, and keep it. we did it without allies, we did it without numbers, and we did it without ppu zergs. and we did that on a 4 slot server.

Infinite
16-06-05, 05:37
We have PPU zergs now b/c PPUs need a fix :)
When hybrids existed.... Ahem

make holy heal forgien cast and remove para for a week. See what happens :)

eprodigy
16-06-05, 05:45
remove monks for a week and see what happens :angel:

a rainbow will appear over neocron and all will smile

IceStorm
16-06-05, 10:45
The wipe argument never holds up. Wiping doesn't fix anything. A month later there will be capped chars and oodles of equipment. What then? Wipe the server again?

So you start at a disadvantage if you start later than those who have been on Mercury from the start. So what? You think it's any different for new players to the game?

Jesterthegreat
16-06-05, 13:34
We have PPU zergs now b/c PPUs need a fix :)
When hybrids existed.... Ahem

make holy heal forgien cast and remove para for a week. See what happens :)

the sd was stronger in nc1 and para was still as skill destroying. so no.

though i wouldnt disagree that ppu's need changing.

and a wipe would only be worth it if changes were made. res missions should be looked at. money should be primarily gained through missions, not farming mobs. rare drop rate should be lowered.

a wipe and no changes will just lead to the same thing nc2 did. a few weeks of poor people followed by the exact same thing as nc1

j0rz
17-06-05, 12:25
i wanted total character wipe for nc1 to nc2, and u only got some sort of item that proved u were a NC1 er

Thats because you only started playing this year if i lost all my 8 fully capped chars that i wasted half my life lvling you think i would still play nc... i think not its bad enough i lost so many rares from the jump from nc1 to nc2

Jesterthegreat
18-06-05, 00:43
Thats because you only started playing this year if i lost all my 8 fully capped chars that i wasted half my life lvling you think i would still play nc... i think not its bad enough i lost so many rares from the jump from nc1 to nc2

i pity anyone who "wasted half their life lvling" anything in a game.