PDA

View Full Version : Resizeable inventory

MisterP
14-06-05, 21:08
Just wondering if we could get a resizeable inventory. Surely it can't be that hard to code and add to a patch.

Poll above to show opinion :)

I would like to see it implemented

Heavyporker
14-06-05, 21:43
Err.. you mean resizable in the way that gogos and cabs/boxes can be?

Well, nice idea.. but well... if it's in the way, pressing f2 gets it out of my sight while I deal with other windows.. or I can just close RPOS.

what I mean is, I don't find inventory window size to be in any way bothersome. Scrolling it just works great.

CMaster
14-06-05, 21:44
I constantyly want it wider. No, I don't know why. But whatever, I reguarly nmake cabs bigger - why can't I make my inv match?

MisterP
14-06-05, 22:11
Err.. you mean resizable in the way that gogos and cabs/boxes can be?

Well, nice idea.. but well... if it's in the way, pressing f2 gets it out of my sight while I deal with other windows.. or I can just close RPOS.

what I mean is, I don't find inventory window size to be in any way bothersome. Scrolling it just works great.

Sometimes its too small for the amount of items at one time. I guess this poll is particular for trade skillers. Its just something i found, as I used to fight mostly and only ever used trade skilling lightly.

Jesterthegreat
14-06-05, 23:20
theres no "abstain" or "not sure" or "dont know" or "dont care" option...

its something that could be of slight use, but hardly important. if kk get rid of all the issues with nc then this could become a priority.

mehirc
14-06-05, 23:27
Great Poll, that was one of the suggestions in my first mails to KK 2 years ago. I still vote for yes. :)

eprodigy
14-06-05, 23:47
*agrees with jester*
its not a bad idea, just not something i would want them wasting time on (but its the kind of thing they WOULD implement as a major patch ignoring more important issues ..

what if we all picked one bug, and only suggested fixing that one thign for like 3 months without mentioning anything else.. it still wouldnt get repaired.

not a priority when you can pick ANY "feature" of NC and it has at least 3-4 bugs associated with it...

hybok
15-06-05, 01:00
Ok right yeah sizes can be small for tradeskillers.. and ppu's depends what you need.. but tbh guys this is only a minor minor thing.. takes 2 seconds to scroll. I'm sure you would much rather have a repeat function for your constructors so you dont have to drag and drop the bp in everytime! and even that is fairly minor! So guys.. nice idea but... It just isnt going to be implemented no matter how much support you get.. I still give a big fat yes to it tho!! And as jester said there should be a dont care option.. IT DOES matter.. as you want the opinion of everyone.. not just the people that deffinatly want it or deffinatly dont want it.

Summary.. There just isnt enough resources for implimenting stuff like this.. which is a shame. Good idea tho.

H

Infinite
15-06-05, 01:46
theres no "abstain" or "not sure" or "dont know" or "dont care" option...

its something that could be of slight use, but hardly important. if kk get rid of all the issues with nc then this could become a priority.
What he said

MisterP
15-06-05, 10:05
What I was thinking was it shouldn't require too many resources as its code that applies to say a cabinet or a gogo.

Depending on the programming practises of KK, I would really expect in a company like this to programe using re-usable code. One of the features of XP programming, although, other features such as partner-programming to generate test cases etc seems to be severley lacking.

Either way it shouldn't be much to implement at all, the code is already in the game for other items. Its really a test as too how good the developers are at re-use.

Jesterthegreat
15-06-05, 19:15
its the kind of thing they WOULD implement as a major patch ignoring more important issues ..

thats my view on it.

naimex
15-06-05, 21:52
?? how do you make cabinets inventory bigger?

eprodigy
15-06-05, 22:10
you can rezise vertically the cab window... same with gogo.

Heavyporker
15-06-05, 22:13
naimex, there's a little tab to the right-side bottom of gogo and cabs. just point cursor at it and then drag up or down.

Same principle for the RPOS chat window/local list, but the tab is atop these.

MisterP
16-06-05, 00:13
So my point in this thread, is that if the programming was at industry standard, or at least near too, it wouldn't take long at all to implement this idea (or any idea like this, this one just a simple but sought after example). It doesn't even get to the issue of lack of resources. Its much more a case of lack in quality programming from the team the company has.

I've heard from whispers that the company is more in need of attention, than the game. After all, aren't all problems solved at the source.

Heavyporker
16-06-05, 01:07
MisterP, I can only see your latest statement as being slanderous at the very least.

You're using opinion of a minor feature as the judging standard of a company's moral character and competency...

MisterP
16-06-05, 11:40
Im using the opinions of others aswell to reach the conclusion. But also that of my education and my experience, and that of in-game experience and company experience. I think its a very fair view. I think i've justified myself enough.

Selendor
16-06-05, 11:54
Its really a test as too how good the developers are at re-use.

What makes you think there is more than one of them?

Jesterthegreat
16-06-05, 13:41

theres the one that started back in december...

that would pop by the forums and say hello when he was settled in...

6 months ago...

:rolleyes:

Crest
16-06-05, 13:49

More than 1 bit of reusable code ?

theres the one that started back in december...

that would pop by the forums and say hello when he was settled in...

6 months ago...

:rolleyes:
SO we have some sort of proof there is 1 .. .except he never come to say hi on the forums, like was implied ... must be a shy dev

Jesterthegreat
16-06-05, 13:54
SO we have some sort of proof there is 1 .. .except he never come to say hi on the forums, like was implied ... must be a shy dev

rolly eyes = sacrasm as hell...

but hey... we still got CoDi (i hope...)