PDA

View Full Version : [MERGED] PvP Server Feedback

Thanatos
14-06-05, 17:05
We have received a lot of feedback regarding the planned PvP Server (http://cp.neocron.com/5/planfiles?id=110&lang=eng&) over various channels, and we appreciate receiving it. We are still planning the ruleset for the PvP server, therefore we would appreciate additional suggestions and comments. As the thread about the planfile has grown quite large by now, we'd like you to post any feedback into this new thread.
Thank you.

Xylaz
14-06-05, 17:13
well, thank you for your reply ( :eek: )

maybe it would be better to precise what kind of feedback would u like to have? it was the reason why former thread was so long i guess.

3 separate parts here (at least from my perspective):

- LE discussion (yes, remove it, its the only way to exclude LE griefing potential)

- Item drop discussion (guess we would need KK feedback here to know whats exact choice do we have here)

- monk discussion (kinda pointless, as we all know what to do and after 2+ years of whining everyone knows exactly whats going on and what should be done about it)

Additionally, there are some other minor tweaks which could help with achieving both pvp and rp (rp in action, not in words only my dear SIR) atmosphere: things like clan wars, faction standings/SL issues, NC/DoY guards (remove them/decrease them/remove para effect etc - give pvp players a chance to DEFEND their cities)

And of course, flavour of last year and this year and future years in NC:
REMOVE PARA

.......guess that covers everything in NC basically - but thats why we need a feedback from you as well

Tratos
14-06-05, 17:18
Also to stop or encourage discussion on the matter is it actualy possible to create the PVP server on an entirly new server? as in not getting rid of one of the current servers?

Mechanicus
14-06-05, 17:21
the main item drop problem would be LE people running about picking stuff up, removing LE fixes this, also stealthers should not be able to pick items up while in stealth mode

PPU monks are gonna be annoying, but i think if buffs were made selfcast only and para was removed they would be balanced just fine

i dont think tradeskillers would have as much of a problem as everyone thinks, they dont need items in their QB to tradeskill, therefore they will not drop an item when they die, also they could tradeskill from their app and only let people they choose through the door

Heavyporker
14-06-05, 17:35
Well, yes, for the PvP server:

- LEs will have to be removed, yes, and the CityAdmin FSM/Biotech FSM will need to have the LEs removed from their inventories. (I know how things get overlooked - pointing this out NOW)

- guards need drastic reduction in damage and NO FREEZE EFFECT.

- Parashock needs to be reduced ONLY for the PSI form. Freezer guns may need *slight* increase to make them competitive. (Oh, and guys whining about para - you know that you can't patch for separate retail servers? Test Server actually required completely separate setup in NC1, and that's not gonna happen here. What happens to Para for mercury will happen on all server. Face it.. Para's here to stay)

- Belt drop WILL HAVE TO STAY. Simply make it *much* easier to hack, or not even necessary to hack a belt at all. Big reason is because if stuff falls straight to ground, they may be lost before someone retrieves them.

- Soullight most likely will have to be COMPLETELY removed for Mercury. Copbots/Stormbots and DoY guardians will have to go by alliance only.

- Complain all you want, but I'm of the opinion that starter apartments of all types will have to be safezones, if for the simple expedient of stopping newb griefing. Fine, make buyable level 1 apts, non-safezones, but that apartment where the newbie GRs to straight out of MC5 will have to be a safezone.

- Faction HQs will have to be HEAVILY populated with guards (however weak they are). There simply HAS to be public places with a modicum of safety if people are gonna get together to create an economy of any type.

- Belt drops in WarZones will be a good idea.

- There has to be more smugglers around with the "good stuff" (PAs, imps, armors) if you don't want complaints of serious disparities of the City forces' equipment. Ignore this if you don't consider this a major issue. I don't.

- Oh, and, well... considering that this server may want to be much more focused on PvP... increased techpart drop?

That's all I can think of at the moment.

mechanicus...
- Considering that tools can be dropped, tradeskillers will NOT like losing their million-credit TL 150 tool, that's going to put a serious crimp.

- Even the level 3 Pepper Park apartment doesn't have that open-grille going for it. There's that fucking sheet of glass blocking the tradeskiller in his apartment and the client in the foyer. That's got to be fixed before anyone can say that "tradeskillers won't have it so tough"

CMaster
14-06-05, 17:42
Make faction guards sensitive to faction symp - if soneone has really bad say, BT symp, make it so they get shot at BT HQ...

Xylaz
14-06-05, 17:42
of course people are exaggerating, but the good part is that this time they have 3 other servers to choose from - if they dont like it, that is.

Yes, for me removal of LE is critical issue. Too many exploit possibilities, especially in a world with no safe place except an app. And if someone dont want to take the risk, he/she can stay on terra/whatever else will be playable at that time.
I've levelled 4 chars from scratch (1 tradeskiller) on saturn without LE back in times where there was basically a pker in MB once every 5 mins (and spyware occasionally who just stayed there for an hour or so and kills everything that moved lol) - i've lvled them all (spies, apu ppu) to around 90+ in main stats without even visiting once (or tagging grs) NC or DoY (they were CM). So yes, its possible, i seriously doubt that pvp server could be worse than MB on saturn (for CM) so its nothing really to worry about.

Another critical thing for me are guards. Guards should follow the safezones and dissapear to give a chance for players to defend their cities. Leave guards at faction HQs, but remove NC/DoY guards completely (or just decrease them and of course, remove their para attack)

Like Tratos said - new server or character transfer option. I dont really view it as neccesary but for the sake of mercurian players, it should be an option.

Quick belt based on looting rights is a good option IMO and shouldnt be too hard to implement dont you think?

Least but not last - living safezone discussion which consists para and ppus
options:
-remove ppus (or if not possible, then...)
-remove para (if not possible, then...)
- make it 1 slot server (to minimize the amount of remote safezones available to players)

Dribble Joy
14-06-05, 18:06
- LE discussion (yes, remove it, its the only way to exclude LE griefing potential)
I still don't see how LEers can grief or be griefed. For the sake of tradeskillers at least and the economy of the server, keep the LE in.

Para, ppus, guards and belts are issues that affect all servers, not just the PvP one.

I will not be going to the server, but I am still an avid PvPer. Similar to many others.

The only real difference between the servers should be the symp and SL effects and the number of guards.
Possibly also the xp gain rate.

Glok
14-06-05, 18:18
I'll just list off some things I think should be implemented on the PvP server...

- NO LE!
- No safeslot (qb slot 1)
- Increased xp gain rate and rare parts drop rate.
- Belt drop with looters rights, but no need to hack.

Oh and Heavyporker, only remote tools drop, the normal tools don't. You might not find many pokers, but that will just add to the desire to stay alive. Tradeskillers should be able to get along just fine. A capped spy can be an outstanding constructor or resser with 3 combat paths still open with little to no gimpage. Try to gank that cster that just made your weapon and he might show you the floor instead. :)

Riddle
14-06-05, 18:19
The remove LE option seems great when your capped like most of you guys will be in a week if you can't transfer chars.

But for the real noob, starting out, trying to find his way around, trying to kill his first Rat without ending up dead and no protection from Pkers is asking for trouble.

As for the normal line i hear on the server " If you don't like it leave" " shut up whiner! like it of fuck off!" WILL DO NOTHING for the already low server populations.

I am all for the PvP as it is what most of us love but there needs to be protection for real noobs and protection from the talked about drop exploit.

Maybe a dissolvable LE :p Level 40 and above it is deactivated before that its your choice.

There are already Pk'ers who target runners way lower than them because they can! and their easy to kill so i think it will just be way worse if there is no protection full stop.

Cyphor
14-06-05, 18:24
But for the real noob, starting out, trying to find his way around, trying to kill his first Rat without ending up dead and no protection from Pkers is asking for trouble.

Then just put a recommendation on the server that its not for new players, that way if they want to play for pvp they should know what to expect, otherwise they can get to know the game on a tamer server.

Edit: Whats the point of calling it a pvp server if there are pvp restricting devices in the game? A pvp server should do what it says on the tin!

As for sugestions, as many people are of the belief ppus ruin skill in pvp, this would seem to be the ideal server for limiting their powers or removing them completely.

LiL T
14-06-05, 18:45
For me only things I would want to happen

Remove the LE chip like everyone else said

Remove parra from the guards up there damage slightly and reduce there numbers

Make items drop in belts but don't need to hack them so tanks can get there loot

Make rare parts drop more like at least 1 part in every 2 kills of grim chaser, doomreaper, warbot and a very small chance of getting 2 in one.

I guess you won't be able to just remove PPU's as heavyporker said =/

As for the normal line i hear on the server " If you don't like it leave" " shut up whiner! like it of fuck off!" WILL DO NOTHING for the already low server populations.

So how about items drop in quickbelts and LE's can't loot belts and the LE chip deactivates when you reach lvl 30 ? :confused:

Again no need to hack the belt if you are a non LE player

Dribble Joy
14-06-05, 18:49
Then just put a recommendation on the server that its not for new players, that way if they want to play for pvp they should know what to expect, otherwise they can get to know the game on a tamer server.

Edit: Whats the point of calling it a pvp server if there are pvp restricting devices in the game? A pvp server should do what it says on the tin!
You're missing his and other's points.

I don't particuarly mind about n00bs being ganked at every single moment they exist making their live's hell and lvling nigh impossible, I am only concerned that the tradeskillers are simply not going to be able to opperate at all.
You may say that people will leave them alone because they need them, but that's a load of arse, they will be shot whereever and whenever they go.

As for sugestions, as many people are of the belief ppus ruin skill in pvp, this would seem to be the ideal server for limiting their powers or removing them completely.
Again, why change PPUs on the PvP server and not the others? They need to be toned down for everyone, para ruins everyone's life.

It's like people think that everyone who will be left on the other servers will be those who only hunt mobs and rp, dancing about the WL, being nice to everyone.

numb
14-06-05, 18:56

Agreed totally. Why would a new player decide to learn the game on a PvP server?

The LE HAS to be removed! There will be tradeskillers still, no question, even if it is removed. Perhaps there will be less and this will change the economy but that is no bad thing.

Leaving LE in is going to put me off playing that server, and I'm sure many old players (who have left) would be happier WITHOUT LE on the server.

I believe para should definitely be removed if possible also.

imper1um
14-06-05, 19:06
Few things that need to be prepared for a PvP Server:

1. Belts need to be dropped, but make it so that belts DO NOT require hacks. Yes, people could pick it up after they drop, but this fixes the problem with LEs just waiting for players to die and grabbing some nice stuff.

2. Quadruple the Tech Part drop. This is nessassary so people don't get screwed every time they login.

3. Add supra-powerful guards (aka the ones at the Twister Club) that shoot anyone with a weapon out in the TH GRs so that people can have an economy. Otherwise, outside of the TH GR area, don't worry too much about guards. Also, make it so that TH Sector 2 is a trading zone. Players can use weapons, but it costs them 3x the SL loss in those zones.

4. Either make it so that players that make characters will automatically be at cap, allow character COPYING (not transfer, so that other servers retain their ability to keep players) to Mercury, or 8x the XP increase.
Forgot to add that only ONE character may be copied per account per year to prevent people from duping MC5s over and over again.

5. Make all Primary Apartments Safe Zones. All other apartments become Anarchy Zones.

6. DO NOT remove LE availability in Mercury.

7. Remove Soullight completely. Guards should shoot at players that are Enemy or Neutral players that have red faction sympathy. CopBots are CA and should be set at AI as such. DoYbots and DoY Guards are Twilight Guardian and should be set as AI as such.

8. Drop belts in WarZones, but apply the normal hacking rules to it. Use Home faction sympathy as a reference point for these belt's hacking skill. (such as if you are TG and you have 100 Faction Sympathy, your belt will be a 100 SL belt)

PcP'
14-06-05, 19:14
take server back to patch 159 tbh HYBRID 4TWWWWWWWWW

Tidus_Origin
14-06-05, 19:31
Few things that need to be prepared for a PvP Server:

1. Belts need to be dropped, but make it so that belts DO NOT require hacks. Yes, people could pick it up after they drop, but this fixes the problem with LEs just waiting for players to die and grabbing some nice stuff.

2. Quadruple the Tech Part drop. This is nessassary so people don't get screwed every time they login.

3. Add supra-powerful guards (aka the ones at the Twister Club) that shoot anyone with a weapon out in the TH GRs so that people can have an economy. Otherwise, outside of the TH GR area, don't worry too much about guards. Also, make it so that TH Sector 2 is a trading zone. Players can use weapons, but it costs them 3x the SL loss in those zones.

4. Either make it so that players that make characters will automatically be at cap, allow character COPYING (not transfer, so that other servers retain their ability to keep players) to Mercury, or 8x the XP increase.
Forgot to add that only ONE character may be copied per account per year to prevent people from duping MC5s over and over again.

5. Make all Primary Apartments Safe Zones. All other apartments become Anarchy Zones.

6. DO NOT remove LE availability in Mercury.

7. Remove Soullight completely. Guards should shoot at players that are Enemy or Neutral players that have red faction sympathy. CopBots are CA and should be set at AI as such. DoYbots and DoY Guards are Twilight Guardian and should be set as AI as such.

8. Drop belts in WarZones, but apply the normal hacking rules to it. Use Home faction sympathy as a reference point for these belt's hacking skill. (such as if you are TG and you have 100 Faction Sympathy, your belt will be a 100 SL belt)

I especially agree with points 2 and 4 on that list. Everyone going to the PvP server (wherever it is), will want to do what the server says on the tin. PvP.

Therefore, increasing the droprate of rareparts and increasing the xp gain rate is a good idea, and will help people get to the stage where they can effectively PvP a hell of a lot faster/easier than if it was left as the non-PvP server defaults.

Hell, if those two points got implemented into the PvP server, I would go there. :D

Noirze
14-06-05, 19:37
Don t remove the LE, whitout it no economy, and, that s maybe a PVP server, but if you remove the LE, it will be a PK server ...

Maybe decreased the lvl where you can t repoke the le, like 20, not only old players will go too the pvp server..

Remove the guards Para, increase them dmgs !

High guarded HQs

No Safe zone,

Still Belt Drop, but remove the fake that more SL you ve got, more hard your belt too hack is, just remove SL, and make a belt easy too hack with just 20 hack.

Make Shelter and defl only self cast
and decrease the holy heal power, or, make his tech lvl higher like 110 or 115. ( really it s too powerful ! )

And make possible for the Mercury and the other players, too transfer their char again, whitout losing Epics ...

Increase the XP rate and rare drope, but make the xp after capping very low ! as on the other server !

Dribble Joy
14-06-05, 20:01
My final thoughts before I leave this thread well alone.

Maintain LE, unreppable 1%/1%, unavailiable from anywhere.

Remove SL from effects of belt drop.

Either remove guards entirely or significantly reduce their number (any changes to guard nature, such as para removal, should be pan-server).

Tech part drop increased.

Xp gain rate vastly increased.

Belt drop maintained (to prevent LEed players farming the battlefield), with looting rights as per mobs.

numb
14-06-05, 20:04
Removing LE will simply -change- the economy, I cant believe so many people are requesting LE (albeit for tradeskillers) when it's going to ruin the whole pvp server idea! I guess the people that used to want Neptune have all but left, and it's just a lot more people who think taking risks to do anything in the game is no fun that are left. I want people to come back to the game. If there is going to be an LE on the server, then the server is going to be only a tiny bit different to all the others. No fun at all, why bother watching your back when you can just keep an LE in until you're capped?

If you have the LE pop out at low levels, then there is going still going to be whining from people who think trade skills will not be possible on the server. You cant win without removing the damn thing!

It will still be possible to operate as a trade skiller, it is just going to be HARDER!! Just like it will be harder to level in more populated areas without your LE, or walk around town without your LE.

If it made tradeskilling impossible, sure I'd understand, but that is not going to happen. Maybe the most successful tradeskillers are going to be the ones with plenty of friends, that can back them up will they transfer parts or whatever from shops to their gogo to get out in their apartments.

How hard is it for tradeskillers to change the password on their apartment between customers exactly? Letting in one customer at a time? If any more than one name appears on local, not open the door etc. Trading from an apartment is not exactly difficult is it?

If you want LE simply play on a server that is not pure PvP.

Jesterthegreat
14-06-05, 20:06
- Oh, and, well... considering that this server may want to be much more focused on PvP... increased techpart drop?

this is what i disagree with most...

make it a new server, make it low drop rate. give us rare guns, not widely used. it should be a real risk to use a swirly, if you do you have no safeslot, items drop straight to the floor, and its not easy to replace.

however this would only work on a new server / following a wipe

eprodigy
14-06-05, 20:18
no LE. no para. no ppus. easy just remove the vendor who sells the higher TL PPU spells and wipe the current ones existing if its a new server even easier. no monks altogether would be best =) apus might be balanced but there not very fun to fight...

drop rate... if its not increased rares would be *very* rare, if it is they would still not be as common because people would go through them quick what with dropping them from slot 1. but i would love to see a server with everyone using non rares..

what about epic items dropable, why should people with ts rifle or speedgat not have to worry about anything... as i predict we will see many using them

Xylaz
14-06-05, 20:22
@DJ

LE griefer example: spying for non LE guys. Pretty effective with a non-safezone world and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
thats why LE needs to be removed. Period.

About lvling tradeskiller in a non LE world - read my former post. It is possible. If only someone would be willing to take a risk. Thats all. People are always going the easiest way and thats the real reason for LE imp. Like others said describe PVP server as "expect a challenge" not an easy slope to ride for fun...

@imper1um

Quadruple Tech Part drop? You joking or something? It is supposed to be pvp server ya know :rolleyes: i would vote for reducing the rare part drop to make weapons actually rare.
Super guards, capped chars, copying characters, safezone apps ... - are u sure you are in the right thread? This is a thread about pvp server, not a noobie friendly one...

ok Summary:

1. LE HAS TO BE GONE. COMPLETELY.

2. And big NO to super ubar guards. We have enough of them already. My vote is to remove them. completely. Leave reduced amount of them at faction HQ.
GIVE PEOPLE A CHANCE TO DEFEND THEIR CITIES DAMMIT

3. ah and NO for the starter app safezones... sheesh. the point of pvp server is to remove safezones... :rolleyes:

4. And belt drop in warzones of course! Item drop i mean, but with the looting right mechanism so stealthing whores cannot farm and steal them. Thats all.

5. IF you dont like to lvl your char at the high risk environment please stay @ terra or any other "safe" servers. Ideas like "gimme capped char" are ridiculous...

/edit/
on the other hand, there is a real problem with mercury players. There should be some kind of option for them if they want to move to other servers. Its not very fair for them.

Dargeshaad
14-06-05, 20:24
no LE. no para. no ppus. easy just remove the vendor who sells the higher TL PPU spells and wipe the current ones existing if its a new server even easier
That's actually a good idea, should be possible without much modification. Allthough I guess holy paralyze and the other rare ppu spells will still be in the rare pool since they probably can't remove some rares from the pool on one server and not on the other. But if people want to have a ppu just for the sake of holy paralyze etc. and without blessed/holy spells then by all means.... :p

40$Poser
14-06-05, 20:49
well

-Downtone guards, make raiding more interesting

-Perhaps maybe hybrids the only option to go on this server as far as monks if it's all new chars and no tranfers (or just weaken para or perhaps not even have para on the server)

-Fall Damage has to be removed if an item drops when you die, I'm sure no one would be happy with losing an item cause of a hill

Selendor
14-06-05, 20:49
I have one thing to add about the PVP server - do not forget about your other servers and do not try to implement all of the technical changes that people are requesting. If we could have had soulight / ppu / fall damage / para changes at any time then I would have appreciated them on your live servers already, since that is what the community has been asking for for years.

Xylaz
14-06-05, 20:55
I have one thing to add about the PVP server - do not forget about your other servers and do not try to implement all of the technical changes that people are requesting. If we could have had soulight / ppu / fall damage / para changes at any time then I would have appreciated them on your live servers already, since that is what the community has been asking for for years.

Well since KK hasnt specified what kind of feedback they want, people just storming all ideas here. Maybe is there a hope after all? ;)

my personal wishlist (for pvp server :p )

- no LE
- no para
- no ppus
- no guards
- item drop everywhere (quickbelts with looting rights and no need to hack)

also things like removing SL and implementing dynamic faction standings would be nice as well but i guess i'm wishing for too much

/edit/ after a thought:
dont remove guards, its part of fun after all:
NC
1. Remove their para effect.
2. Reduce their amount to about 20% of as it is now.
3. Make so every zone has its own faction guards (p4 next, p1 ca, vr1 BT etc) instead of copbots/ca guards
4. Leave patrolling copbots only (they're fun :p ) but ask them to shoot down everyone who draws a weapon (same with stormies)

doy:
1. remove like 80% of doy bots.
2. remove para effect from guards (well para should be banned from game at all, so there should be no real need for this)
3. as with NC part
4. remove 90% of doy guards, leave them only with few places (like city center, doy entrances) and allow them to burn down everyone who draw a weapon in their vincinity

Heavyporker
14-06-05, 20:58
Putting in another cent -

people.. fuck off about monks. They're here to friggin' stay.

Fuck off about whining about APUs. They're ridiculously easy to take down.

And frankly, PPUs are gonna have a hard enough time about it on Mercury, thank you very much.

ZoVoS
14-06-05, 21:03
TANK 1 safe slot
spy pe 2 safe slots
monks 4 safe slots

u die u lose every item on u apart from thoues in the safe slots =]

if u have epic items such as speed gats Ts rifuls and PA they dont drop as normal, more epic items to make every fraction more playable, so each fraction has one advantage being the item that cant drop (all epic items should have fraction onlys, this doesnt includ current ones like giga gloves ext, make new ones)

all items are in belts for exactly 30 seconds, after that much like rats in the sewer, the belts decay and the items apear

all buffds become self cast apart from sancs, sancs only work on teamed members (if thats posible, to make up for the lack of precition)

remove LE totaly, other wise ppl will epxloit and steal stuf, i have never used a le on my main characters from /2 its always posible to find a lonly place to lvl, however u dont lose anything if ur killed by sumbody over 20 lvls from u

oviously 1 safe zone, and thats in TH preventing mass slaughter of tradskillers, however dont make it a safe zone FILL IT FULL of turrets that hit like a base commander and act like twisters guards, u pull a gun ur dead

the different types of zones should only affect the lentgh of times things stay in ur belt before desolving,

as money is lost much easyer pa and such should be gainable easyer. basicaly implimenting this before player ownd shops is useless

ppl would sell PA because they would kill the person who bought it and resell it lmao

MASIVLY increase exp gain, until u hit /60 then slow it down to normal
half tl of all implants so ppl can spec there own implant (inorder to keep it fair also drop the usefullness of implants and gloves and buffs to half)

EDIT FOOT NOTE

make para 10X weeker but make it stack

Jesterthegreat
14-06-05, 21:04
Putting in another cent -

people.. fuck off about monks. They're here to friggin' stay.

Fuck off about whining about APUs. They're ridiculously easy to take down.

And frankly, PPUs are gonna have a hard enough time about it on Mercury, thank you very much.

you whine about so much... there was a point where there were 3-4 "brainport" threads by you.

your opinions on whats good and bad are no better than anyone elses.

Jesterthegreat
14-06-05, 21:10
TANK 1 safe slot
spy pe 2 safe slots
monks 4 safe slots no. stupid idea.

u die u lose every item on u apart from thoues in the safe slots =] see above

if u have epic items such as speed gats Ts rifuls and PA they dont drop as normal, more epic items to make every fraction more playable, so each fraction has one advantage being the item that cant drop (all epic items should have fraction onlys, this doesnt includ current ones like giga gloves ext, make new ones) making item drop almost pointless

all items are in belts for exactly 30 seconds, after that much like rats in the sewer, the belts decay and the items apear see first comment

all buffds become self cast apart from sancs, sancs only work on teamed members (if thats posible, to make up for the lack of precition) only thing so far that isnt totally stupid, but i still dont think thats the direction to go.

remove LE totaly, other wise ppl will epxloit and steal stuf, i have never used a le on my main characters from /2 its always posible to find a lonly place to lvl, however u dont lose anything if ur killed by sumbody over 20 lvls from u remove LE? i dont care either way. the 20 levels thing? KK cant manage to stop your inq 3 chest from turning into a medikit... i wouldnt trust them with something like that.

oviously 1 safe zone, and thats in TH preventing mass slaughter of tradskillers, however dont make it a safe zone FILL IT FULL of turrets that hit like a base commander and act like twisters guards, u pull a gun ur dead no. guards in there? yes. make it hard to PK there? yes. make it impossible? no. thats destroying the point in removing safezones

the different types of zones should only affect the lentgh of times things stay in ur belt before desolving, why would there need to be different types of zones now? anarchy everything.

as money is lost much easyer pa and such should be gainable easyer. basicaly implimenting this before player ownd shops is useless theres nothing to stop you earning money. make a cst and work from your apt, hire delivery boys (stealthers or ppus) ot hire security. cave. hunt. run missions with nothing to drop. money has never been hard to get.

ppl would sell PA because they would kill the person who bought it and resell it lmao keeping / selling items would be no different to normal. either you keep it for alts / mates, or you sell it

half tl of all implants so ppl can spec there own implant (inorder to keep it fair also drop the usefullness of implants and gloves and buffs to half)

no.

ffs... if you dont wanna bother levling, or hunting you may as well not bother with an MMO. i like to PvP. people tell me to play an FPS instead... but PvP isnt all i do. however your suggestions move it almost soley to an fps with a monthly subscription

Xylaz
14-06-05, 21:13
TANK 1 safe slot
spy pe 2 safe slots
monks 4 safe slots

u die u lose every item on u apart from thoues in the safe slots =]

hmmm, interesting idea. But the point of no safe slots is to give a chance of dropping something of value actually. Besides your precious 5 slotted weapon in safeslot 1 usually there is no anything of value on your char. That's the problem.

if u have epic items such as speed gats Ts rifuls and PA they dont drop as normal, more epic items to make every fraction more playable, so each fraction has one advantage being the item that cant drop (all epic items should have fraction onlys, this doesnt includ current ones like giga gloves ext, make new ones)

dunno really, all weapons should have a chance to fall out, even epics. But that would kinda destroy point of epic weapons (aside from non destructibility value)...

all items are in belts for exactly 30 seconds, after that much like rats in the sewer, the belts decay and the items apear
hehe people would whine to death if they died while crashing etc. No-hack-requiring quickbelt based on looting right is ok methinks.

all buffds become self cast apart from sancs, sancs only work on teamed members (if thats posible, to make up for the lack of precition)
agree

remove LE totaly (...)
agree

obviously 1 safe zone, and thats in TH preventing mass slaughter of tradskillers, however dont make it a safe zone FILL IT FULL of turrets that hit like a base commander and act like twisters guards, u pull a gun ur dead
no safezones, turret idea is ok though, just not that extreme (it should be as powerful as normal guard) - could make a good solution to maintain TH as trading area.

no way, sorry. It has to be a challenge not an insta-cap server.

ZoVoS
14-06-05, 21:15
my monk carries 7 modules my tank carries 1 weapon

i think thats fair,

i watn a drop all because i haev limitless suplyes of amour
what elsse do u carry? the whole point is to make death relative, there is no worry about death at the moment, who cares u can replace ANYTHING u have, but if sumbody lost that precious item in there safe slot they would use constructed weapons not rares like before, which is why i favor a safe slot over a random belt drop, replacing all ur amour is easy, all i carry when fighting are drugs amour low lvl moudles an ammo

as a pe i carry a gun some decent modules that are harder to get
as a spy i ahve an expensive stealth activator

as a monk i have countless expensive modules to replace

if thers no safe slots ppl wont use there best stuf like happened when it was item drops not belt drops

edit cos i dont wana double post

to be fair my words about TH i was exadurating, make em hard but oviously not imposible, i just want a area thats safe for tradskillers, but then again i dont want anywhere to be TO safe
say a turret every ceeling and they hit hard but :D the base comander was a exaduration

second make it warzones have safe slots nowhere else then, because otherwise ppl again as i said abouve wont use there best equipment cos there puccies afraid of loosing em, it happened before and will again

also when i say masve exp increase, im thinking sumin like x3, cap in a day driving a rhyno instead of 3, that kinda think,

numb
14-06-05, 21:16
This is what I'd like for the pvp to be fun to play:

1. No LE

2. City guard/Cop Bots Removed

3. Soul light penalties removed (it would be nice to see a red name in advance of being allied ganked, rather than just removing soul light all together)

4. All faction guards remain, only attack runners with negative sympathy to that faction (including members of clans that have dropped below negative sympathy for their own faction)

5. Traders beefed up a little or 'Traders Union Guards' to deter people from killing them (auto attack people with low sympathy).

6. High level PPU spells removed

7. Tech part drop rate to remain the same. Without high level PPUs, non-rare fights can be just as much fun and it makes it more possible to acquire a rare of someone brave enough to use one.

8. Belt drop as has been suggested before (no hack), or item drop as long as items dropped from fighting (and not just out of your inventory) last on the ground until someone picks them up. Damage % is not all that important.

Most importantly, I want to play on a server that is hard and challenging, not softened up to make things easier on people - easy = boring, in my opinion.

edit: forgot to add, this will work much better on a new server, although I guess that may not be an option

Jesterthegreat
14-06-05, 21:23
ZoVoS - how many rares does a PPU normally have in his QB... one?

thats the same as my PE has.

and safeslots have no place on a PvP server.

:Edit: anyone who "doesnt use his best" stuff is making a decision.

thats why i want rares to be rare... if someone actually has the balls to pull a rare around others he instantly becomes the primary target... but he has the damage advantage to balance it.

personally i would love to see stealth removed, para removed, LE removed, safezones removed, safe slots removed, sl gain increased, sl loss relative (-5 for a 80-100 sl runner, -4 for a 60-80 sl runner... etc etc) and not 1 kill = neg SL, rare drop rate is much much lower. mc5 droprate can stay as it is though i guess.

ZoVoS
14-06-05, 21:32
im finding it hard to word my argument, basicaly the hassel of reequpiting a monk is much greater than that of a tank or pe or spy UNLES there unlucky enoguh to drop there rare

how about this

u can flag 2 items as a tank spy and pe (proly be PA and weapon)
monks can flag 4 and these items are half as likeley to drop =] if that was codeable

i dont wana see all the CA going around iwth plasmawaves because there so much easyer to get than a cs, and everybody would be using epic weapons and such, so they basicaly have there safe slot anyway

Xylaz
14-06-05, 21:37
im finding it hard to word my argument, basicaly the hassel of reequpiting a monk is much greater than that of a tank or pe or spy UNLES there unlucky enoguh to drop there rare

how about this

u can flag 2 items as a tank spy and pe (proly be PA and weapon)
monks can flag 4 and these items are half as likeley to drop =] if that was codeable

i dont wana see all the CA going around iwth plasmawaves because there so much easyer to get than a cs, and everybody would be using epic weapons and such, so they basicaly have there safe slot anyway

no safe slots. Not at all. Just take a risk. Or use non rare weapons if u afraid to do this. Thats the whole point of PVP server - to make it harder and more challenging and - due to item drop - more rewarding as well.

/edit/
and to your former posts - i think u just trying to soften the pvp server idea. But IMO that's the whole point of pvp server - it is supposed to be hard. For everyone - tradeskillers (no safezones, no safe place for trading), roleplayers, pvpers, noob & veterans all alike.
If u want a soft pvp server, there is terra and 3 other servers. If u want a challenge, there (hopefully) will be a pvp mercury.

/edit2/
my TH idea is simple - remove safezones, make turrets act like old stormies - attack everyone with weapon draw.

ZoVoS
14-06-05, 21:38
ZoVoS - how many rares does a PPU normally have in his QB... one?

thats the same as my PE has.

and safeslots have no place on a PvP server.

:Edit: anyone who "doesnt use his best" stuff is making a decision.

thats why i want rares to be rare... if someone actually has the balls to pull a rare around others he instantly becomes the primary target... but he has the damage advantage to balance it.

personally i would love to see stealth removed, para removed, LE removed, safezones removed, safe slots removed, sl gain increased, sl loss relative (-5 for a 80-100 sl runner, -4 for a 60-80 sl runner... etc etc) and not 1 kill = neg SL, rare drop rate is much much lower. mc5 droprate can stay as it is though i guess.

to be fair i agree with the edit to a degree i would prefer rares to be well rare, but then even less ppl would risk that slotted rare, and instead use other weapons

argh see id love the risk but it should maby be rare weapons are less likely to drop or something, because otherwise as i said ppl would chose not to use em, or would gang jump ppl who do use em

-=EDIT=-
how about amking rares considerably rarer, BUT increasing the damage even more, if ur willing to risk it u should get more of a bonus than currently imo, especialy if there rarer

Drake6k
14-06-05, 21:47
I've been staying back with wide eyes as people discuss this PVP SERVER. It's a pvp server! Not one where you just fix what you personaly see wrong with Neocron!!

No LE, shouldn't even be a topic of discussion. Tradeskillers will have to live with the danger and players will have to communicate and work together.

Someone actually had the idea of extra safe slots!?? No!! Sheesh!

Safe zone apartments?? That isn't even in normal NC2 (besides canyon and mb I believe) No safe zones, period.

The idea is to make things more "hardcore" even if its frustrating for the player. Less SL penality, Weaker guards, exc.

KK better actually make a pvp server and not some strange combination of pvp and not pvp type players opinions. This server could bring back myself and several of my friends...

ZoVoS
14-06-05, 21:50
i dont realy want the slots i want to balance the classes invstment in items, the only way i can see that is safe slots, otherwise playing a monk is more costly than a tank,

and i paly both =D

besides i only want safeslot style implimentation if my drop all items was implimented, they are one in the same

to be fair what is wrong with drop all items? are u telling me u cant replace some amour and the QB items

also make amours quality related to its defencive value and make it so that it degrades a hel of a lot faster, that way pking sumbodys amour is usefull aswell as there other items

Drake6k
14-06-05, 21:57
i dont realy want the slots i want to balance the classes invstment in items, the only way i can see that is safe slots, otherwise playing a monk is more costly than a tank,

and i paly both =D

Monks can pvp with non-rare spells without the extreme risk a tank lives that he could drop his CS. Aswell as a tank can use a speedgat if he chooses to have less risk and damage... A group of fully equiped monks/tanks with rares would blow away a speedgat/tsunami-rifle pe team which runs little risk on death. There is a risk involved with each class and ways to deal with them. Instead of making the "pvp server" "balance the classes investment in items" maybe you could try making those requests for the normal servers instead...

Xylaz
14-06-05, 21:59

which is good. hopefully it will scare off some ppus from pvp servers.

besides i only want safeslot style implimentation if my drop all items was implimented, they are one in the same
to be fair what is wrong with drop all items? are u telling me u cant replace some amour and the QB items
theres nothing wrong with dropping items.
But there is something SERIOUSLY WRONG with tagging items which are immune to drop. This is where it is wrong. You can tag your only item of value in 1 slot which simple negates the whole point of item drop. With item tagging you will NEVER drop anything of value.
That's the problem

also make amours quality related to its defencive value and make it so that it degrades a hel of a lot faster, that way pking sumbodys amour is usefull aswell as there other items
you mean, low tl armors = degrades faster than high tl ones? Sounds ok i guess.

ZoVoS
14-06-05, 22:05
:P i already stated i dont want ppu bufs forien casted

cant stand fighting with ppu's every class is balanced withough a ppu apar from stelathing pe's with capped tl 10 heals lol but thats a different matter, i want to remove steatlh or make it drop ur helt by half and debuff u or sumin like that

but i agree anything that discorages ppus is a bouns :cool: but bakc to the issue, fine, not stealth slots, but less likely to drop slots :D

still a chance but the amount i die when fighitng is high because i love to fight to the death, i dont like being a coward running away and i dont like ppus up my arse. but i dont want to drop my cs every few mins when i get zurged which will happen on a PVP server, with clans swarming around OMG OWANGE WE 30 PPL OWNE D HIS ONE NOOB ARSE BEFORE HE HAD A CHANCE TO PULL HIS GUN WER ARE TEH 3117 !!!11!!1oneoneone11!

EDIT

you mean, low tl armors = degrades faster than high tl ones? Sounds ok i guess.
actualy i ment if ur amour is 60/120 it should only be half as effective as 120/120, therfore its important to keep ur amour in tip top condition

Xylaz
14-06-05, 22:11
yeah that will be a problem but thats why most people would like to see ppu activity hindered on pvp server or even removed completely. To avoid gank squads farming rares from people.

If nothing will change about ppus on pvp server than yeah, rares could drop less often than normal items (like 50% of normal chance) to decrease at least partially apu-ppu farming activities. Guess you're right. But i still hope that there will be some kind of a change regarding ppus...

/edit/
armor idea is cool though. like it very much

ZoVoS
14-06-05, 22:12
yeah that will be a problem but thats why most people would like to see ppu activity hindered on pvp server or even removed completely. To avoid gank squads farming rares from people.

If nothing will change about ppus on pvp server than yeah, rares could drop less often than normal items (like 50% of normal chance) to decrease at least partially apu-ppu farming activities.

thare we go, thats what i been trying to say, :mad: why coudlnt i ahve said it like that

=]

Drake6k
14-06-05, 22:19

If nothing will change about ppus on pvp server than yeah, rares could drop less often than normal items (like 50% of normal chance) to decrease at least partially apu-ppu farming activities. Guess you're right. But i still hope that there will be some kind of a change regarding ppus...

I still would rather just see ppu changes instead... what about if a pe kills a tank in a legit fight? less chance of getting his weapon... that sucks.

I'll suggest what I did before in the original thread. What about removing all ppu spells over TL 55 (rez) ? Monks could still ppu but would probably be hybrids. PEs and hybrids could shelter or group shelter in pvp to buff one another. Fights would actually all be fair no matter what classes each side have...

Jesterthegreat
14-06-05, 22:19
how about amking rares considerably rarer, BUT increasing the damage even more, if ur willing to risk it u should get more of a bonus than currently imo, especialy if there rarer

if rares are going to be rare then they cant be a "must have" item. currently a really good tank with a TPC can beat a tank with a CS. i remember slutsumi when he came over to Uranus beating some of the servers best capped tanks with his TPC.

a tl92 pulselaser pistol with a DB is comparable to a slasher. you may say "but what about anti drugs" to which i would reply "i will spec for DB sanc on this server."

Xylaz
14-06-05, 22:21
I still would rather just see ppu changes instead... what about if a pe kills a tank in a legit fight? less chance of getting his weapon... that sucks.

I'll suggest what I did before in the original thread. What about removing all ppu spells over TL 55 (rez) ? Monks could still ppu but would probably be hybrids. PEs and hybrids could shelter or group shelter in pvp to buff one another. Fights would actually all be fair no matter what classes each side have...

sure everyone would want that (except ppus :)) but after 2 years of waiting i seriously doubt it is suddenly going to happen.

ZoVoS
14-06-05, 22:24
if rares are going to be rare then they cant be a "must have" item. currently a really good tank with a TPC can beat a tank with a CS. i remember slutsumi when he came over to Uranus beating some of the servers best capped tanks with his TPC.

a tl92 pulselaser pistol with a DB is comparable to a slasher. you may say "but what about anti drugs" to which i would reply "i will spec for DB sanc on this server."

well touchay, but again i say leave all buffs on but only sances work on other ppl AND make sancs only affecty teamed/clanned players AND db effect non teamed/clanned players

if this was psoible it would make them a viable solution in a fight, that said i dont think 10 holy heal sacts should keep u alive like a sekf casted HH

Drake6k
14-06-05, 22:25
if rares are going to be rare then they cant be a "must have" item. "

I agree there completely.

Rare parts dropping like they did at NC1 start would make them easier to obtain... and keeping their power the same. Currently you could use a Speedgat, Tsunami epic, Energy Beam, Blacksun, TPC, Reveler, tl92 pulselaser, tai chi sword.... and other weapons of not so horrible quality that are either epic or you wont mind dropping. I'm going to use the tsunami epic, noob stealth, and a reveler on my pvp server PE because of the rules they are going to have. Just takes some different planning.

Jesterthegreat
14-06-05, 22:27
well touchay, but again i say leave all buffs on but only sances work on other ppl AND make sancs only affecty teamed/clanned players AND db effect non teamed/clanned players

if this was psoible it would make them a viable solution in a fight

making sancs work only on friendlies or enemies (depending on the buffs) turns a 2 min SD PPU into a perma SD PPU. all he has to do is be near teammates and even anti buffing is pointless. since no PPU is stupid enough to use an SD sanc i assume it is just that poor... but i'm still not sure on the idea (oh and its "Touché" :p)

yeah my PE will be a tl 10 heal, tsu epic pe. he will have stealth but if i start using stealth mid fight i'll stop playing.

ZoVoS
14-06-05, 22:27
dontforget to argue with me about my ideas on more epic items :D

otherwise all my characters are going starit into admin to get a plasmawave and copbot amour

Jesterthegreat
14-06-05, 22:30
dontforget to argue with me about my ideas on more epic items :D

otherwise all my characters are going starit into admin to get a plasmawave and copbot amour

plazma wave isnt an epic item and (afaik) it drops.

in fact for once its monks with the disadvantage as for as epic weapons go.

rifle - TSU / TT
pistol - TT
heavy - TT / CM

well... ok... monks, droners and melees :p

ZoVoS
14-06-05, 22:31
making sancs work only on friendlies or enemies (depending on the buffs) turns a 2 min SD PPU into a perma SD PPU. all he has to do is be near teammates and even anti buffing is pointless. since no PPU is stupid enough to use an SD sanc i assume it is just that poor... but i'm still not sure on the idea (oh and its "Touché" :p)

and as i said i dont want sancs to be as effective as their singular counterparts are, i want them to bee week ass so u will need all ur players working together,, and my dislexia means i cant spell "they" most of the time u realy think i can spell "Touché" even if i tripple check it :D

ill consider ur normal combat force and get back to u on how effective they should be in comparison to the self buff in a few mins

-=EDIT=-
and it may not be epic but its equivilent to a cs basicaly, and as easy to obtain as any other non rare

Drake6k
14-06-05, 22:32
AND db effect non teamed/clanned players

I disagree. Thats part of the challenge. I've had my ppu DB me so many times and I've hit teammates with it many times myself. It's always great when the enemy DBs his mate and I win :D

Jesterthegreat
14-06-05, 22:34
and it may not be epic but its equivilent to a cs basicaly, and as easy to obtain as any other non rare

any class can use a non rare...

tl 92 pistol

any weapon a hyb uses... most have a higher tl counterpart.

hellfire drones (gatling)

rifle has a couple of epics

cannon has a couple of epics

ppu is almost all non-rare anyway

people choose to got for the best setups atm because if they die they know they have a safeslot.

make people balance their ego vs their will to keep that rare they love... thats what i want

ZoVoS
14-06-05, 22:39
ok been thinking

lets see, each sanc should stack, a capped holy sanc should heal the same as a capped self buffed blessed but as often as sancs at the moment, i duno how long that is but if my memory servs thats some time =] i use sancs all the time when tunneling even if its a drain on my pool, my hybreed even speced to use em the heal is currently aorund the same but much slower, which is why it lasts longer :S erm i think

so make capped holy heal like a capped blessed but as slow as normal
capped blessed heal like a capped tl3 but as slow as normal
and a capped normal (which even tanks could spec for if there stackable) work at about 2 - 3 hp at the rate of normal time distance

then ppus have to stay alive and stay near ppl to get em sanced all other classes can use the sancs to imporve there own teams but its sumin else to consider while fighting and everybody still has self buffes, sumin about the damage reduction can be worked out with s/d sancs, but to be fair we dont want it anywhere near as powerfull as our current forien casts

ZoVoS
14-06-05, 22:41
I disagree. Thats part of the challenge. I've had my ppu DB me so many times and I've hit teammates with it many times myself. It's always great when the enemy DBs his mate and I win :D

i mean db sancs ONLY not db's cos ur right if ur weveing in and out its so butiful when there db hits sumbody else

dem0n
14-06-05, 22:50
I think something should be done to stimulate attacks between the cities, not within them. I'm up for the PvP server, but if that would include a stimulans for raiding cities in big numbers etc. but if the PvP server would mean that I could get killed by another TS with lesser penalties... no.

ZoVoS
14-06-05, 22:53
ohhh MY IDEA WOULD BE PERFECT

impliment NPC's in the city with kick ass defence and atack, guarded by weakened copbots, and the city can score points kililng the npc's

who killed them is recorded and there name made famous in articles and so on =] CEO's leaders of business, news reporters, anything, just make npc's that are killable, and make both cities have non para guards

LiL T
14-06-05, 23:39
The moment I see as many APU/PPU combos on the PVP server as there are on terra, is moment I stop playing on that server and they can run around parra shocking and ganking each other. Now befor KK go ahead with this I just like them to think things through with PPU's and the PARRA GLUE it will destroy that server so fast.

Nvidia
14-06-05, 23:43
I think something should be done to stimulate attacks between the cities, not within them. I'm up for the PvP server, but if that would include a stimulans for raiding cities in big numbers etc. but if the PvP server would mean that I could get killed by another TS with lesser penalties... no.

Amen man. The PvP server shouldn't allow the allied PKers to run rampant in their cities acting like a nice guy, waiting for the right opportunity, slamming you into a way with a CS, and sprinting off with your nice shiney 3 slot Pain Easer, later placing it in his cabinet in his apartment. Then dissapearing for a few days until he gets the next unsuspecting guy.

The above shouldn't happen - that's not why a PvP server is being created. How to make sure that problem doesn't happen without completely un-allowing you to shoot your team mates at all is beyond me. And I know there's no way for KK to disable friendly fire against team mates. I just don't think it would be possible. Not only that, but it would take away from the feel of PvP - it should be possible, right?

That's why you watch your back... I just don't want every fucking guy thinking it's cute to gank his team mates for his weapon. Anyone know how to fix this little problem?

Jesterthegreat
15-06-05, 00:16
That's why you watch your back... I just don't want every fucking guy thinking it's cute to gank his team mates for his weapon. Anyone know how to fix this little problem?

the first bit answers the last bit.

just watch your back.

Dargeshaad
15-06-05, 00:51

yeah my PE will be a tl 10 heal, tsu epic pe. he will have stealth but if i start using stealth mid fight i'll stop playing.
How good is a tsu rifle compared to a cm speedie?

Nvidia
15-06-05, 00:57
And with that out of the way, here's my wishlist for the PvP server.

#1 - NO LE - I know there's innocent noobs that will get caught in the crossfire. Man, I still remember my early Pluto days. I pulled the LE the first night of my retail character. I was not down in the sewer for 15 minutes before I hear, "HAWR HAWR" and a face full of plasma. But did I put my LE back in? Fuck no, and as soon as I was capable, I was out killing other people my level with a fucking claw melee weapon (on my spy because I was a noob :D) since that was all I could afford, and I killed with a vengeance. I think I was emotionally scarred from from my experience with SHINJIN, although I miss his funny talk nowadays. :)

All I'm saying is, this is a hardcore server. LE does not = hardcore. So find a way to get rid of it.

#2 - NO PARASHOCK/PPU - Parashock is the only thing that hurts one player's outstanding abilities to take out two, three, four, or even five people's lesser abilities because he's so good. Once that good player gets hit with parashock, he's dead meat, along with one of his nice items. Parashock remains a tool for the skillless people who can't hit a moving target and need to have their plasma force-fed into their nibish mouths. Please remove parashock, period. While you're at it, take it out of every single server plzkthx. :)

PPUs are another thing that kill one's ability to try to solo several people at once. PPUs ruin fights, and completely imbalance things the very second the first holy heal hits the player you're trying to fight. How can you consider getting your ass handed to you from a third-party source that likes to screw up fun fights considered hardcore, right?

#3 - TRANSFERABLE ACCOUNTS - I know I'll definitely be going over if I can transfer one or two of my characters, but I just simply don't have the time anymore to cap another character. If this would have happened two years ago, I'd have capped the character within a month. But I just don't have the time, or the patience to grind my way back up there for a fifth time, killing the same mobs we've had since beta of NC1's release. Eventually, enough is enough.

Not only that, but I don't think I'm the only one that thinks this way. Prepare for another Mercury with 4% population if people can't transfer their characters. I know there's a TON of people from Terra that would switch, which could make the turnout amazing, but that number could be much lower if everyone had to re-level and earn everything again.

#4 - NO SAFEZONES - Pretty self-explanatory.

#5 - NO SAFESLOTS - Pretty self-explanatory.

#6 - NON-HACK BELTS - As someone else mentioned, nothing would suck worse than trying to cast a heal on yourself and slipping off a fucking mountain, hitting the bottom and watching your shiney 3-slot Pain Easer fall to the ground as you're in the middle of hell H-07 or something. Bye-bye Pain Easer. If the belt was non-hack, the weapon would rest safely inside your belt, and if you were quick enough and no one saw you die, you could come back and get it, while if there was no belt, it would just sink into the ground. Which leads me to my next request...

#7 - REMOVE FALL DAMAGE - The days when you could jump off the roof in plaza and hit the ground running was awesome. It would really give people a reason to travel higher in the cities for fights, knowing they could try to make an escape off the side of the building. Right now, people know not to fight up high because they know if they come close to losing, they're dead with no way to escape. Give people a reason to PvP higher! :)

#8 - UP THE TECH DROP - The days way back when you could crack open a Warbot and find a tech in nearly every single one was the best. The economy was great, tech parts going for 50-75k a pop, and everyone could be happy with their weapons. When people dropped their 5-slot Liberator, they could rejoice knowing that if they worked hard, they could have a new one built in a few hours or a few days. Which leads me to my next issue...

#9 - BELT DROP IN WARZONES - You're gonna do it hardcore, you've gotta do it all hardcore. Belt drops in warzones, like how things used to work before all the servers went to no drop in warzones except for the german server. With the upped tech part rate listed above, people could decide to either risk bringing their powerful weapons and potentially turning the battle in their favor, or lose it and spend a few hours working to get it back. Or they could take a weapon that's not worth anything and hope their skill is good enough to fight back the enemy. Make OPs worth fighting for besides the money and OP Bonuses. Tradeskillers use bonuses, and money just sits in the clan fund, so what is there for the people who fight for it? People value other people's hard-earned items over money and bonuses any day of the week anyway.

And after OP fights, then you get negotiations from clans asking for things back and such, which is always fun. "You scratch my back, I scratch yours."

#10 - REMOVE SPECIALIZATION - I can hear the cheers from all the oldschool players already. You want hardcore? Make it oldschool while you're at it. Make having the required skill number give you the best things on the weapon/skill. Then you're see interesting combinations that haven't been possible in a very long time. Hybrids are obviously a problem, but with all the nerfing/tweaking KK's done on them already, I'm sure they won't be a problem.

No specialization was quite possibly the greatest thing this game ever had going for it, and when it was removed, I think a lot of the old players felt a knife run down their PvP hearts.

Follow these things, I think you have a guaranteed server that will bring back so many of the old people this game's lost over it's life. If anyone has any recommendations/criticism/additions to what I said, feel free to do so. I want this PvP server to absolutely amazing, and for that to happen, we need to look at all possible sides to everything.

Go KK, go and create this monster, and the PvPers will come. :D

Infinite
15-06-05, 01:53
And with that out of the way, here's my wishlist for the PvP server.
[changes]
Go KK, go and create this monster, and the PvPers will come. :D
Agree one hundred and one percent to all of it :P

especially the removal of fucking parashock :)

imper1um
15-06-05, 03:16
The Effects of your suggestions:

No LE
Adding No LE means that it becomes a noob ganking server rather than a PvP server. LE is put in place to allow PKing when the time is right. Also, LE is made so that taping PvP fights is allowed. Even though it makes them non-PKable, it's better to allow LE.

Removing Parashock
Parashock should definately be removed from all spells. PPUs are not APUs, and it buffs Melee Tanks and PEs. It should not be removed from non-spell weapons (such as the shocker). It also should be removed from guards so that it is a full PK server.

Reduce Guards
At least removing all CopBots is for teh win in NeoCron. Reducing guards would allow all players to PK in NC, where it is usually most busy. Already NC has too many guards and any player with Negative SL or is Anti-City will never be able to do anything worth while.

Removing Soullight
Removing Soullight will mean that players must not PK allies, since the SL of your belt in a Safezone will be the Faction Symp that you are in. Since the Faction Sympathy system is MUCH more fair than the stupid 'go from 100 to -10 in one accidental shot' system.

Belt drops in Warzones
Since Belt drops are in Warzones, players will not seek these as shelters, and players will die with honor.

Removing ability to pick up belts whilst in team
This means that players can get PKed in Warzones and teams cannot screw over the people that rightfully PKed.

Increasing Tech Part drop
With belts dropping in Warzones that require hacking, and belts drop in Anarchy zones that are picked up like mob drops for the player that killed him, Tech Parts need to be in higher supply since 90% of the drops from players will be stuff that people don't need on any of their characters.

Increasing XP
XP needs to be increased so people will be able to get to the PvP aspect sooner. nuff said about that.

Character Transfer
The one thing that should not be allowed is character transfer because many players may switch to this server using one of their high level characters. This will certainly drain the population of all of the other servers.

Character Copy
With the right safe guards (1 Character Copy per account per year), Copy will keep the populations of other servers up while making it so that players would want to join Mercury.

Character Wipe
A character wipe should be done, but before the wipe, players should be allowed to transfer all of their mercury characters to other servers, then Character Copy should be allowed. That would allow all players to be on semi-equal ground, since everyone would have a capped character, but Mercurians would not be overpowered with all four characters capped. This is a server changing change, it should be treated as such.

Removing Fall Damage
Although Fall Damage adds a RP aspect to the game, it's not a PvP aspect, which this server is going to be. Removing Fall Damage also makes bugs such as the dreaded 'fall through the world and end up dead' bug dissapear. Not only to mention the fact that removing fall damage would allow players to use the HoverCarrier to make large player drops on ops, and actually make it useful. No wait, making the HoverCarrier useful? Hey, make it so that this is on ALL servers! Muhahaha!

Halving Tradeskilling Times
I think tradeskilling should also be buffed so that players can get back into the game much more quickly. This includes: Recycling, Repairing, Salvaging, Constructing, Researching and Implanting.

Doubling SI decrease speed/less SI for GR,LoM or Drone Blowup
SI adds a aspect that will slow down PvP. The idea is to make it so that players go PvP more often, and SI @ 4.45minutes for a death/LoM, 2 minutes for a GR makes it even slower. I don't think GRs should be made free of SI, just faster to get back into the game.

AFTER NETCODE REWRITE - Increasing Minimum and Maximum Running/Driving Speeds
After a Netcode patch, I think that increasing how fast players can go on foot and in a car should be increased. Also, Endurance should have double effect and cap out somewhere around 450, with a minimum being about 150. With a capped CON Monk with no END, it should be about 225.

a4nic8er
15-06-05, 04:21
One-slot server!

I like the idea of a 1 slot PvP server. Offer to transfer the characters from Mars to (an empty slot) on Mercury then make Mars the PvP server?

International has a 4 slot server, Germany has a 4 slot server, France has a 2 slot server, and we all share a 1 slot Pure PvP server. Starting from new.

Would be very interesting, methinks.

Xylaz
15-06-05, 07:45
my wishlist

- remove ppus
- remove para
- remove LE chip
- remove SL
- remove guards*
- item drop in warzones (non hack quickbelt based on a looting right)

- NO increased xp
- NO increased tech drop rate

*the idea with guards is a little more complex but i've described it already in this thread.

ALSO IF POSSIBLE: clan wars, 1 slot server, spirit weapons for all classess (if ppus would have to stay).

Jesterthegreat
15-06-05, 08:14
my wishlist

- remove ppus
- remove para
- remove LE chip
- remove SL
- remove guards*

- NO increased xp

*the idea with guards is a little more complex but i've described it already in this thread.

ALSO IF POSSIBLE: clan wars, 1 slot server, spirit weapons for all classess (if ppus would have to stay).

add remove stealth and thats the best one.

all these "hardcore" pvpers begging for higher xp rate and higher drop rate... "nuff said" :rolleyes:

Xylaz
15-06-05, 08:16
add remove stealth and thats the best one.

no way :p

unless KK give spies access to shelter and inq armor without drugs.

/edit/: but feel free to remove it from those pesky PEs ;)

/edit2/: though again i have to say that removing stealth would negate the sniper profession from the game (unfortunately, due to game mechanics, you cannot snipe without stealth, you can just shoot someone once or twice before going into close combat and thats not what i call sniping)
but lets not continue stealth viability discussion here please

Jesterthegreat
15-06-05, 08:56
no way :p

unless KK give spies access to shelter and inq armor without drugs.

/edit/: but feel free to remove it from those pesky PEs ;)

/edit2/: though again i have to say that removing stealth would negate the sniper profession from the game (unfortunately, due to game mechanics, you cannot snipe without stealth, you can just shoot someone once or twice before going into close combat and thats not what i call sniping)
but lets not continue stealth viability discussion here please

stealth whores fuck pvp as much as ppu's. its entirely valid. its effectively an LE switch. insta near-immunity.

and snipers managed without it before, they can manage without it now.

spys would still have the choice of pure dex and sniping or drugging for close combat. i know a few spies who dont need to stealth and can hold their own in combat... admittedly theres not many as most are content to stealth constantly.

eprodigy
15-06-05, 09:32
forgetting for a second all the nerf this and that..
it seems to be theres an underlying flaw in this whole idea that really bothers me.

this is supposed to be a mmorpg, not counter strike. would not compromises on both sides (RP/trader VS hardcore pker vs whatever else) on the existing servers be more beneficial to the game in the long run and to you? there must be a way to make all these uber hardcore CS pk nuts happy without removing EVERY safe zone, there must be a way to appease roleplayers without removing pvp...

numb
15-06-05, 10:32
forgetting for a second all the nerf this and that..
it seems to be theres an underlying flaw in this whole idea that really bothers me.

this is supposed to be a mmorpg, not counter strike. would not compromises on both sides (RP/trader VS hardcore pker vs whatever else) on the existing servers be more beneficial to the game in the long run and to you? there must be a way to make all these uber hardcore CS pk nuts happy without removing EVERY safe zone, there must be a way to appease roleplayers without removing pvp...

I'm not an uber hardcore CS pk nut. I want no safezones, because I like the thrill of being the hunted just as much, if not more, than being the hunter.

There are quite a few other MMORPGs out there with full PvP servers, some people love it, some people hate it. Having a PvP server will not ruin any opted play style on the other servers, so why ruin the pvp/difficulty aspect of a PvP server by introducing safezones?

Argent
15-06-05, 12:08
Do :

1. Remove para. Completely, guns and spells. Finally give running speed a meaning.

2. Perhaps even disable monks' PPU skill as well. Though I'm not sure if this would work since PEs would just "replace" ppus in the SD / DB area. Maybe just force self-buffing only.

3. Remove LE, thanks.

4. One slot server (definite max 2 slots), no safezones. Finally give tradeskilling a bit of excitement other than getting those 5 slots :]

5. No safeslots. That's obvious.

6. All zones : Anarchy. Oh the sweet anarchy.

7. Char & item wipe. Without this the server is fucking useless.

---------------------------------------

Don't do :

1. Increase the rare part drops. One really doesn't need rares to be able to fight, sure it gives the rare holder a bit of edge, but next day that rare will be in your hands.

2. Remove stealth. What it needs is a tunedown to stop stealthwhoring, nothing else. For example SI like effect on the weapon skills only, increasing geometrically after each use.

With all these changes certain items might need a tunedown (SF plasma for example, perhaps remove the faction requirement) and certain high end normal weapons and spells tuneup, but overall this kind of setup would be - in my opinion - simply fantastic. I'm sure I forgot to mention something but here goes...

Tratos
15-06-05, 12:24
SnowCrash on the PvP server (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.neocron.com%2Fshowpost.php%3Fp%3D1826243%26postcount%3D47&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools) - This just posted in the German Comm Talk Thread (Hopefully also posted here soon but i spotted it quick, lol)

Seems Mercury was chosen as the bulk of the population just ignored any and all events from KK in the RP aspect, seems a logical way to choose i guess.

---------------------
Can anyone do a Not-Googlified translation?

Street
15-06-05, 12:31
remove para - nuff said tbh

15-06-05, 12:50

Have you not picked up on the fact that these guys just dont care about any of that?

MeWhiteWolf
15-06-05, 14:00
my wishlist

- remove ppus
- remove para
- remove LE chip
- remove SL
- remove guards*

- NO increased xp

Add to this new server, one slot, no transfer <-i know the one slot bit's there
hmm rare rares may actually make it better ;)

also the trader argument, the newB missions give a non drop item so if (on that server) you made the tool either tl150 or used the same switch for the 150 then the pressure is still on for players to support the trader, however though he/she can lose almost anything else (including their parts) he won't lose his/her million dollar tool.
If everyone starts fresh the 3k tips he got while he had the tool may not buy him a new one.

ArgieD
15-06-05, 14:56
Joined the game in mid-2003 and loved it since day number one.
It was excellent in early-to-mid 2004, then problems started occuring.

Yes they were bugs before; yes there were shitloads of other problems before, but the two consecutive Rollbacks combined with the launch of a MMORPG bearing the name of a famous click-fest predecessor have managed to damage Neocron big time.

We have lost great populations that left the game being tired of crashes, synchs, and unorthodox in-game rules. KK started now trying to get things sorted by applying patches, implementing new game elements, and generally being more active in their customer satisfaction agenda (which is always good but not always appreciated)

I'm glad to see the developers organising this new Server and the fact that the crashes and synchs have been very intense in the last 6-7 days probably means that they're (hopefully) working on resolving them.

However, there is an issue that got me wondering whether the introduction of this new server is beneficiary to the Game or not.

If the present populations stand at more or less 15%, don't you think that after the introdution of the Mercury server they will drop a lot lower? Even if Mercury get's 75% of the present Terra Population it should mathematically be around 11%. That would leave Terra with a glorious 3%-4%.

As a result, we will end up with a DEAD Terra and a Mercury that will be emptier than what Terra is actually today. It will be either "playing by yourself" or playing in a near-empty PvP Server; which means no chance for the non-PvP chaps / carebears!!

Now consider the above happens with the German servers, the total Mercury population will be a mere 22% (always according to the above estimation), while the existing will be at another 3%-4%.

It feels like taking a gamble "merging the servers" while leaving anybody who don't want to lose their beloved items every now and then or be Pked every second out of the picture. If that gamble doesn't pay off, then it WILL be the end of this game. If again it survives, then it will be under the threat of that new MMORPG, World of Counterstrike... :p

Cor
15-06-05, 15:11
Go with a new server or a wiped server everyone should start new and no transfer.

No LE removal until level 10 or 15 at that time automatically pops out and can't be implanted anymore, gives everyone a chance to level up. (if not you'll have gangs of xx/2 going around PKing everyone from the start) and no one will have a chance to level up.

Primary apt. should only be a safezone

Get rid of Tech Haven and put up a small building that is a safezone for Tradeskiller so it is in the center of the map.

Get rid of all the guard accept in Faction HQ's

Rework faction symp for allied and Faction killing so if you kill allied you loose symp with that faction and if you kill a Faction Memeber you loose your own Faction symp. and if you are team your team memeber loose some symp too.

Warzone drop a belt but in anarchy zones drop an item. the price you you pay for travelling in that zone.

Drake6k
15-06-05, 16:20
Go with a new server or a wiped server everyone should start new and no transfer.

No LE removal until level 10 or 15 at that time automatically pops out and can't be implanted anymore, gives everyone a chance to level up. (if not you'll have gangs of xx/2 going around PKing everyone from the start) and no one will have a chance to level up.

Primary apt. should only be a safezone

Get rid of Tech Haven and put up a small building that is a safezone for Tradeskiller so it is in the center of the map.

Get rid of all the guard accept in Faction HQ's

Rework faction symp for allied and Faction killing so if you kill allied you loose symp with that faction and if you kill a Faction Memeber you loose your own Faction symp. and if you are team your team memeber loose some symp too.

Warzone drop a belt but in anarchy zones drop an item. the price you you pay for travelling in that zone.

In response to your ideas.

LE idea: I personally would LOVE a bunch of 1/4 players fighting like mad for a few days. That would be so damn fun!

Server wipe: Many players would quit, would be a bad move for kk

Safe zone apt: No, just dont open your freaking door, you can pvp in apartments in normal nc2 why not on the PVP SERVER? most people have at least 2 genreps... do players start with faction hq gr? they should.

Tech haven idea: Whats wrong with tech haven now?? I personally would live with it not changing but I would prefer just making it no longer a safe zone. Knowing tradeskillers and communicating is all you need for trading. Factions and clans will help one another, the business is still there.

Guards only in hq: No. Nerf all guards and still have a few near the hq. Just as long as they are not godly.

Warzone drop should be same as any other.

Team shared faction symp loss: bad idea. In SXR I didn't fight black dragons if I didn't have to in order to keep my sympathy up. I didnt attack them therefor should not lose sympathy. I simply would not team before losing valuable sympathy.

One last thing not related to the above response.
2 character server!!! Pvp character and another for tradeskill or whatever.

Original monk
15-06-05, 16:59
some random thougts on a pvpserver ..

im afraid the pvpserver will rip the english community (or whats left of it) in 2 pieces ...

pvpserver is kinda late :/ better late then never but still .. is this the time to split up even more ?

why is it that pvp is so hard to get on terra while on saturn ya got pvp everywhere you wanted ... removal of safezones didnt really increase pvp tbh ...

guards everywhere dont really encourage pvp ...

why is there no AB faction on terra but on pandora there is ? i dont mean that its run by AD ... i mean why cant there be a counseller of AB on terra that can invite people to AB ? or even better make it a faction like all others ?

doy is a very nice place yes, but did splitting anti to the doy and pro to the city encouraged pvp ?

imagine ... that if pops would be low on the pvpserver ... how do they gonna find eachother lol ... meet at a standard OP ?

i have a very hard time yust finding pvp on terra ... i check MB, CRP, DRT, all PP's etc daily but still ... only place i can find action is a sole runner at MB or PP or go hang out at crp ... beware of the zergs tough :)

i still have many questions, i shall start with reading the posts above here first, tough imo its getting a soapopera (with the harrasment on mercury from both sides)

i understand that a pvpserver will give a new impulse and can attract new (or old) players, but still i have my toughts about the whole pvpserver

Civil_Unit
15-06-05, 17:38
there isnt any point to having a PvP server, there isnt enough people to kill on the ones we got now. its really a silly waste of time and money. maybe if by some chance you get allot of people, yeah a pvp server would be cool i guess.

however, untill that day i would focus on exspanding neofrag. maybe make some bigger maps with more game play oppertunities, like team fights, city VS anti city...defence, death match, hack the goal terminal...shit like that. maybe a hunter-hunted droner and sniper map...

stuff like that would be great, could be implimented on the server already. have a terminal to join these bigger neofrag zones in every city. DoY, MB, TH, TG canyon and of course neocron.

Hell you could even host prize matches weekly which people would love. if people want more PvP, i'd say exspanding neofrag is the best way to impliment new combat envoirments and goals for play style then it would be to just make a new server thats "Gank everything" with safe zones and peneltys weakened.

PvP server, i vote no. its about as good idea as level 4 power armor that no one can wear.

eprodigy
15-06-05, 19:40
Have you not picked up on the fact that these guys just dont care about any of that?
i am beginning to. but its not really the fault of them, everyones realized KK is never going to fix the game itself (the biggest innovation so far is Outfitters, a feature we had in NC1 already, until they broke it :rolleyes:), so making a server that takes advantage of the one major good aspect of the game (dont get me wrong not the only) is one thing KK might actually be capable of doing, and even if a pvp server does happen, most of these ideas will probably be ignored.

fix the game > pvp server - pvp server might actually happen though

ArgieD
15-06-05, 20:32
some random thougts on a pvpserver ..

im afraid the pvpserver will rip the english community (or whats left of it) in 2 pieces ...

Thank you.

That's point exactly.

I simply hope that they won't go ahead, and instead, invest time/resources on improving the existing servers

Amen

Brammers
15-06-05, 21:35
Right my only point about LE's. It's called Bram's true theory about LE's, and it's a very simple formula, that will bring life to a server or death to a server.

Here it is.

No LE's = No tradeskillers = No guns = No PvP

If you remove all the safe zones, and the LE's it will more or less impossible to find a tradeskiller.

Xylaz
15-06-05, 21:39
Right my only point about LE's. It's called Bram's true theory about LE's, and it's a very simple formula, that will bring life to a server or death to a server.

Here it is.

If you remove all the safe zones, and the LE's it will more or less impossible to find a tradeskiller.

jesus Brammers - since i started playing NC you were always without LE (and whole phoenix clan obviously), operating in non-safe zone environement (TH), tradeskilling and roleplaying.
I've used yours and whole phoenix crew tradeskilling help hundreds of times.

All of this was back in the past when darks camped TH every 10 mins. Nobody really complained back then. Whats different now???

Jesterthegreat
15-06-05, 21:42
jesus Brammers - since i started playing NC you were always without LE (and whole phoenix clan obviously), operating in non-safe zone environement (TH), tradeskilling and roleplaying.
I've used yours and whole phoenix crew tradeskilling help hundreds of times.

All of this was back in the past when darks camped TH every 10 mins. Nobody really complained back there. Whats different now???

people need something new to whine about.

"i dont want to play a pvp server so i will try to stop the people who do want to play getting what they want"

Brammers
15-06-05, 21:53
True, I've always been without an LE on all my characters (Except in the newbie stages) And yes TH wasn't always the safest place to be, but it was safe enough on Pluto to trade. And yes we did have the fun of dealing with Dark raids, which meant tools down, and load your guns. :D

My point is with the current rubbish going on Mercury, I'm likely to be ganked by someone because of my nationality. Tech Haven is a central trade zone now which anyone can use, and with the current proposed rules, anyone can kill another player in Tech Haven.

In order for any server to work properly, you going to need tradeskillers. If they can't construct weapons when the bullets are flying, they are not going to tradeskill.

Just mt 2p's worth.

Cyphor
15-06-05, 21:57

It just makes it more difficult, not imposs, you can trade from your apt delivering your goods to your customer at a pre-determined location, due to the risk and hassel tradeskillers can charge more.

Also it would give more reason to own ops, clan tradeskillers could be safe in the ug if its locked to clan only.

Just some ideas, i can't see it being impossible to trade just more difficult, just as leveling and most other things will be, but then thats why those that play on a pvp server want to play there, its more of a challenge imo.

Drake6k
15-06-05, 22:43

That is so wrong. I never ever use clanless tradeskillers. Most clans have tradeskillers that will work for free if you contact them. As do factions on faction chat. As do many of my friends. They are all in clans too!!!! I never just go find random tradeskillers in or out of safe zones. It's not hard to ask around... wouldn't trust a random runner anyways.

garyu69
15-06-05, 22:52
I never just go find random tradeskillers in or out of safe zones.
What about poking? You must have gone searching for a poker at somepoint in TH.

Can't see many pokers standing around in TH un-le'd ready for the slaughter.

numb
15-06-05, 23:37
What about poking? You must have gone searching for a poker at somepoint in TH.

Can't see many pokers standing around in TH un-le'd ready for the slaughter.

I did think about that. Tradeskillers can work as a unit, providing all types in one place (app at th or whatever). Also, if getting a poke is so hard, I guess more people will spec for poke. Mind you most of the time I was in a clan, I used to get all my pokes from clan mates or clans in the same faction. If more people spec for poke, for the classes where poking is not going to be a possibility, should be able to have at least some friends they can contact in their hour of need.

Doc Holliday
16-06-05, 00:25
LE defeats concept of pvp server. sorry but it does. Tradeskillers can be hybrids of all kinds. one can rep poke construct etc to reasonable level. A 1 stop shop so to speak. why kill a good service when u can find 1. besides your gonna get traders pooling together so they can void off the griefers and not work for them.

Njall
16-06-05, 00:41
One thing about the LE.
Some say : no LE at all.
Okay.
What if, 2 weeks after the start of the server, someone wants to make a pvp character ? He begins 0/2 without LE and with every other characters lvl 60+ shooting at him ?
(sorry for my english, I hope it's understandable :) ).

Doc Holliday
16-06-05, 00:56
if people are being dicks allied pking they should be noted and then named and shamed by the other higher level chars. it will lead to polarisation of the clans i have no doubts as the 0/2s will be joining up asap.

when they get ganked the higher levels come out to play. continuos pvp. \o/

ZoVoS
16-06-05, 03:01
ok my last post didnt go down to well, (my first, but i stand by it, i have tweeked some ideas to make everybody happy)

first WE HAVE ALL FORGOT, NO FUCKING LOCAL LIST, OMG HOW AM I SUPOSED TO RUN AWAY FROM A ZURG TEAM LIKE THE PUCCIE I AM IF THEY CAN SEE IM IN THE VACINITY lmao

kk here we go

1. NO LE's ATAL (u have le's ppl will exploit u know they will)

2. Remove safe zones, however have twister style guards in TH that are powerfull but not godlike, sumin like, i duno half the atack of the current guards

3. RARE WEAPONS LESS LIKELEY TO DROP, it has to be done, or ppl will go hunting in mass armies to harvest ppls rares, but not masivly less likely, say 50% less likely than any other item, so one in 20 deaths instead of one in 10

4. slightly increase power of rare weapons

5. greatly reduce rare drop to make rares RARE, 10X less likely or more, in the last month of nc1 i colected 30 rare weapons just to transfer to nc2, this was warbie hunting, i wasnt even taking a rhyno over to the fire mobs, simple tank on a chain craft, MAKE THEM BLOODY RARE, games run on one of the 7 deadly sins, most games use greed, the ammassing of wealth, neocron runs on pride, the I OWNED UR FUKING ASS, but base it on greed and more ppl will play, its the staple choice for most online games

6. salvage a rare and u get 3-4 random parts back (gives a reason to hunt ppls guns for rares and then salvage for hard to obtain parts)

7. forget removing safe spots, no LE's mean u safe spot sumbodys gona own ur fuking ass suce as mc5

8. remove soul light, work everything on simpathy,

9. DONT REMOVE PARA, MODIFIE, again i say make para REALY WEAK but make it stackable, u hit sumbody with a shocker it does practicaly nothing, if ur only point is to use a shocker on a apu over and over and over while other ppl atack him the stack wil eventualy nurf his aim,

10. FIX PPU, omg we cant pvp with ppus, ppl just wont have it that they lost there rar to a unkillable god, self cast H/S/D... sanc's should casts on only team/clan mates but ajust the streanght of the sancs acordingly.

11. REMOVE THE LOCAL LIST, some times i dont wana pvp, i wana be a puccie and run like fuck, when i wana run like fuck i can hide better than anybody, i know i can hide like no other person hehe, i won the game of hide n seak, the trouble is with a local list ppl can see us, remove this since its a pvp server,

12. DONT REMOVE STEALTH ALTER IT, stealth can only be used if u stand still for 5 seconds holding the button down, however if you chose to double tap stealth it activates immidiatly but auto debuffs, reduces half ur remaining hp and produces a mild drug flash and finaly a single poison stack because the shock to your system (to counter medikits)

13. just thought of this, drasticaly reduce the SI from genreping, otherwise ull have ppl who camp the genreps and just wait to kill u to harvest ur items

14. 2 types of zones, WAR and ANARCHY, war zones at ops, when u die u drop ur belt any member of the killing team can loot, in 30 seconds the belt desolves and the item is left on the floor, anarchy the belt doesnt desolve is lootable by the killer for free or hackable by any other player =]

15. i still want a drop everything but ppl dont want that so u can ignore point 15 =D :lol:

16 keep guards, maby tone down the numbers, and remove them on genreps, keep para on guards, but as said before reduce the power the para is, and make it stack, i want para to be realy realy realy weak, like poison on low stacks, but last long and devistating at high stacks, as ppus will have less of a job para'n ppl 40 times over could be there new job :D oviously all mana consumptions will need to be modified

17 i dont care what u say, i still want a xp increase, WHY??? because the simple reason that theres a lot of noobs out there who cant cope with no le. i dont and never have lvled with a le, i could cope with patheticly lowered XP gain rates, but ppl cant, they want there le to keep them safe till there a high lvl, so to solve the problem make them level faster at low lvls

this said i would LOVE to nuft the xp rate increase, and i would love to remove the aggie pits =[ sorry but i would, it woudl give a use for the low lvl guns but OMG no le = high lvls being TWATS @~£$% ganking the low lvls who nolonger in 3 days will beable to get there revenge as a capped player

18. ok erm this ones harder to work out, lets see, if a player kills 3 seperate allied players in the same day his caracter gets demoted to anarchy breed, all guards are now auto atack, any of thoes runners can go to a city com and declaire acceptable death (acidentaly kill a friend) and this only counts if the person genreps, and ist rezzed, to enableing duling still.

if a player greeifs the same player over 3 times who is also a allie, a gm can be notified and the greeifer is teleported into the heart of regence legecy with 20 little bastards to keep him company, no way in no way out, just tons of belts littering the floor from evil team killers =]

EDIT 1
i forgot this one,
19. make the server 1 slot, 2 at the most and it has to be a fresh server

I WILL EDIT THIS L8ER AS MY BRAIN THINKS FASTER

Darkana
16-06-05, 09:43
Technical issues
I believe there are quite some technical issues to get a certain number of the ideas working. I doubt KK would want us to use a different client just for the PvP server, nor are they able to pull everything off from changing things at the server. This means there are quite a number of technical restrictions, which have quite an impact (IMO) on the "design" of it. They probably will spoil important requirements to get a real PvP-server running, and, in my opinion, no PvP-server would be better than a pseudo-PvP-server. Last fact gets very important in the next point, the

Player issues
If there won't be such thing as a real PvP-server, I don't see any reason why KK should even bother with it. Especially if they will do it like proposed in the planfile and using an existing server for it instead of getting a new server up and running. Infact, the more "pure" a PvP-server is realizable, the more the need exists to get a new server started from scratch. It will be too alien to the way Neocron works today to even think about it forcing anyone on any existing to migrate over. The other thing which has been mentioned is the fact, that there won't be any real gain for KK to throw an existing server over in favor of something which probably wouldn't get them much more new players (not sure).

KK's reasoning for this
Now, while the idea of "Neptune", a PvP-server, is very old indeed, why is KK starting NOW to make such a proposal in a planfile? On top of it they planned to use an existing server for this, which makes me even more wondering about the real reasons. On the other hand maybe this is just a nice PR stunt to keep us busy thinking about this PvP server and giving them some time before the next patch goes live ... ;)

PvP and freedom
Looking at the current state of affairs I do think KK crippled PvP more and more over the time in Neocron. Not the fighting in itself, but the restrictions put upon the players. Zone types, factions and SL, guard-spam, safe-slot, belt-drop and an easier to use LE (which I am actually happy about :p) are hindrances for free PvPing.
A dedicated PvP server needs freedom, which includes removal of all these things, or limiting all these "features" to one or at most two only. I do believe that with the freedom there will be much more killing going on, but in return you are free from, lets say your faction limits, and can go follow the bastards who killed your newbie friends everywhere to get them flatlined. Afterall, the more freedom the "asshats" (*) have, the more freedom the people who fight them have, too. The grounds will be even, payback for your actions may come sooner than you want to.
Secondly players could form alliances without having to bother about factions, which gives the "political" part of the game more freedom, too. While there still can be allied PKers, it is actually a player made term then and players will draw consequences, declaring war or get the allied PKers booted from the clan.
I'm not sure how much self-regulatory this system will work. Nonetheless, I do believe in it, and that's why I would go "pure", without restrictions. Unfortunately there is the first point in this list, which will most likeky screw a lot of things over, and thus make this whole PvP-server a farce.

(*) This is, afterall, a viewpoint, so pretty much everyone is an asshat in someone elses view. Doesn't make the statement wrong, though.

PS: Brammers, this theory about the LE is just cool :D

Xylaz
16-06-05, 14:08
indeed we forgot about local list issue.

REMOVE IT, remove the local list from the game (at least @ pvp server)

numb
16-06-05, 14:20
The local list does work to your advantage aswell, say for instance when you're hunting and you cant turn around checking behind you all the time and you notice some infamous PKer up on your local, you have the opportunity to leg it.

sultana
16-06-05, 14:22
I'm agreeing with brammers on the no-le, no-safezone issue. And besides, when it comes down, who wants to tradeskill on a PvP server? Where 9 times out of 10 you'll just be killed for your trouble.

I would much rather the PvP server be a 1 slot server (possibly another international one, the one KK have been promising), where I don't have to cap another 4-8 characters :wtf:

Then again I probably wouldn't actually want to play on a PvP server (the one KK and other people are describing at least) given the current state of the game. Say ppu's aren't removed, why would I want to play on that character where I have the chance of losing 1 of (who knows) 20 spells which take so and so long to make and slot. I've already done my batches of 50-100 tl 95+ spells once, don't really feel like doing it again, thanks KK ;)

This goes for every character, I just chose the ppu cause they are the ones who stand to lose the most in terms of equipment. And of course, it's the main class I've been playing since nc2 retail. However, once mercury is up and running as the PvP home for the lot, I won't have very much choice other than to move there, as what, the terra pops peak below 10% during my times.

It's more than just item drop and population though. Cause we all know this server is going to filled with 5 man raiding paries, 2 apu's with 2 ppu's and another one just to parashock. Even harder to find the near extinct tradeskillers, and god knows what else.

But what I'm saying is, I want the PvP server to be a "part-time" thing (read: one slot server) which I can log on whenever I want and PvP, rather then the new home server for everyone (read: four slot server and the current state of the game), that it looks like it is going to be.

ZoVoS
16-06-05, 19:39
The local list does work to your advantage aswell, say for instance when you're hunting and you cant turn around checking behind you all the time and you notice some infamous PKer up on your local, you have the opportunity to leg it.

then as a tank i cant creap up on a enemy hunter and unload a point black raing my cs in there back,

we need the ability to run away, and the ability to sneak up, just as we need the ability to be ran away form and to be snuk up on

imper1um
19-06-05, 09:28
OK, I forgot about a new idea. One thing I think should be done is Safezones should be removed, but you people don't get this into your thick skulls:

NO SAFEZONES + NO LE == NO TRADESKILLING == NO GUNS, PERIOD == NO PVP == NO ONE COMES TO PVP SERVER

Also

LOWER RARE DROP + RARE POWER INCREASE == PLAYERS WITHOUT RARES GET GANKED EASILY == NEW PLAYERS NEVER ARE ABLE TO PLAY

The idea of LE in a PvP Server is so that Tradeskillers can live without being ganked. Also, NEW Players can play the server and level without fear of being ganked every time they leave their apartments. Have you been on PvP servers of MMOs? It's horrible. Half the time, you get ganked by players that are at or near cap 95% of the time, because there is no lower-player preventative measures.

Transferrance
The one big subject is the subject for transferrance. I believe players should be able to choose which server their characters would go to, if they wanted, then the server would change to PvP, retaining all the characters of players that didn't want to transfer them. If the database had to be wiped, then all would have to be done is that you would combine two servers, wipe the PvP Server, and allow players to transfer four characters.

Jesterthegreat
19-06-05, 09:51
OK, I forgot about a new idea. One thing I think should be done is Safezones should be removed, but you people don't get this into your thick skulls:

NO SAFEZONES + NO LE == NO TRADESKILLING == NO GUNS, PERIOD == NO PVP == NO ONE COMES TO PVP SERVER bullshite

Also

LOWER RARE DROP + RARE POWER INCREASE == PLAYERS WITHOUT RARES GET GANKED EASILY == NEW PLAYERS NEVER ARE ABLE TO PLAY rare power increase is moronic... however as it stands if there are about 3 of each rare then they will be rarely used. people will use a bigger variety of reapons. setups will vary more to accomodate this, play styles will differ (most will get more defensive i imagine)

The idea of LE in a PvP Server is so that Tradeskillers can live without being ganked. Also, NEW Players can play the server and level without fear of being ganked every time they leave their apartments. Have you been on PvP servers of MMOs? It's horrible. Half the time, you get ganked by players that are at or near cap 95% of the time, because there is no lower-player preventative measures.i have played PvP servers on games. theres no issue. i played on DAoC PvP servers. you learn to level in out of the way places, you learn to stick together as a team. i've played UO... the whole things a fuckin PVP server, with full item drop. theres 2 worlds... Trammel for the carebear, pussy, trammies... and felucia for the real players.

Transferrance
The one big subject is the subject for transferrance. I believe players should be able to choose which server their characters would go to, if they wanted, then the server would change to PvP, retaining all the characters of players that didn't want to transfer them. If the database had to be wiped, then all would have to be done is that you would combine two servers, wipe the PvP Server, and allow players to transfer four characters.

a wipe is essential.

either snapshot all the servers and offer transfer too / from merc (and wipe it) or simply make a new (wiped) server.

i wipe makes everyone start off equal. sure if xfer is offered people won't be truely equal, but there wont be anyone with 100mil in their clan bank.

eprodigy
19-06-05, 09:59
no tradeskillers?? i would for sure transfer my tradeskiller to merc given the option and work there... if anything it would be a much more profitable buisness with people needing things so much more often...

ZoVoS
19-06-05, 15:07
as i have told u before, leave guards, that atack on weapon draw like twister guards in areas like TH where trade skillers live, u can still atack them but not easily,

as a lvl /2 noob with no le i realy get ganked by ppl on our team and if i dont wana take a regular lvl spot i go outzone, gankers arnt gona hang around there on the off chance of seeing a /2 to kill to get his precious leather vest

rare weapons should have a slight increase to damage, nothing magor, sumin like 5 % more than currently, and then make rare parts MUCH MUCH rarer

just make all rares hit a little harder, make woc weapons repurchaceable after loosing but cost ALOT to replace, and make them = to rares but withough the hunting problems, and maby make theem do a full spectrum of damage, a bit of energy a bit of fire a bit of xray and a bit of poison and pericing and some force, but u can mod the weapon to do a lot of one type

Jesterthegreat
19-06-05, 15:19
as it stands rares are better than non-rares, but in the hands of a really good player not that much better.

there are exceptions... i dont think the highest non-rare ealge (wyatt) is all that... but i havent tried it.

ZoVoS
19-06-05, 15:21
supose, i just think if there gona make rares wlel, rare, which they should, they should have a small power boost

if the cs is hitting 46 5% is only 48-49

but every little bit helps

Jesterthegreat
19-06-05, 15:31
thing is... rares should be rare, but they should effect combat too much. just be a slight boost for the few that aquired them.

if they effect combat too much you get the whole ppu problem again. i dont want it to be pointless to fight a CS tank.

ZoVoS
19-06-05, 15:41
thing is... rares should be rare, but they should effect combat too much. just be a slight boost for the few that aquired them.

if they effect combat too much you get the whole ppu problem again. i dont want it to be pointless to fight a CS tank.

im sugesting a slight increase because what would the point be in riskign a cs now when the difference between highest non rare and rare is so small, a small increase to make up for the new rarety would be nice, like i said nothing massive 5% would only be 2-3 damage on a capped player per hit

also if u dont use the rares and spec for best non rare u can spec less points in and have lots more to, i duno, hybreed or sumin, like getting enough for a meele shocker and still capping ur non rare totaly, would be better than risking a cs every fight for the mild advantage, i dont want to over power the things (all rares) but then i want them to stand out a little, especialy if there realy rare

Jesterthegreat
19-06-05, 16:07
im sugesting a slight increase because what would the point be in riskign a cs now when the difference between highest non rare and rare is so small, a small increase to make up for the new rarety would be nice, like i said nothing massive 5% would only be 2-3 damage on a capped player per hit

also if u dont use the rares and spec for best non rare u can spec less points in and have lots more to, i duno, hybreed or sumin, like getting enough for a meele shocker and still capping ur non rare totaly, would be better than risking a cs every fight for the mild advantage, i dont want to over power the things (all rares) but then i want them to stand out a little, especialy if there realy rare

if you dont feel rares are worth it then your prolly not one who will have on of the few rares.

personally if i got a judge there i would use it. when carrying multiple rares on my PE i have never ever dropped either one (bearing in mind one was always out of my safe slot). thats a 4 slot judge and a 4 slot wyatt.

and if i did drop it? i would lom to ryker plasma and get more runspeed, maybe get more agl and less ath and increase resists. maybe more bodyhealth. either way i would experiment more. sure i would be pissed at losing it... but i would know of one guy with a rare ;)

ZoVoS
19-06-05, 16:34
if you dont feel rares are worth it then your prolly not one who will have on of the few rares.

personally if i got a judge there i would use it. when carrying multiple rares on my PE i have never ever dropped either one (bearing in mind one was always out of my safe slot). thats a 4 slot judge and a 4 slot wyatt.

and if i did drop it? i would lom to ryker plasma and get more runspeed, maybe get more agl and less ath and increase resists. maybe more bodyhealth. either way i would experiment more. sure i would be pissed at losing it... but i would know of one guy with a rare ;)

lol on a server like that i would rare hunt non stop and sell them to ppl for lots of cash =] no point using a rare my self,i do just as good (or bad as the case is) with a non rare and a rare

EDIT and i ahve droped my thunderbolt 4 times alwats got the belt back first, and i have betled my cs 3 times(safe slotting my 5slot pob) always got it back =]

once betled a doomi lost it(cs slot 1), lost a moonie(cs was slot 1) and vein ripper (was carrying it cos i had to drug to the ceres blade so it was my backup weapon), but thats my fault cos i go fully equiped with little care about loosing rares at the moment cos rare hunting is easy, if it became harder i would only carry 1 rare at most and probably wouldnt bother, if ur in a team it dont matter if u all have cs's u just need to have more ppl than the enemy =]

Jesterthegreat
19-06-05, 16:39
lol on a server like that i would rare hunt non stop and sell them to ppl for lots of cash =] no point using a rare my self,i do just as good (or bad as the case is) with a non rare and a rare

as a self confessed bad pvper... you would spend all yur time pvming on a pvp server, to get money on a server you wont pvp on anyway?

ZoVoS
19-06-05, 16:44
as a self confessed bad pvper... you would spend all yur time pvming on a pvp server, to get money on a server you wont pvp on anyway?

yep yep, everybody needs weapons i like to suply weapons, i enjoy the danger of hunting =] (sepeicaly since we will see a influck of ppl who are hunting hunters for weapons and amour) hey when the pvp server comes ull need ppl like me flooding rares into the game =P

and i do pvp, and the pvp server will have rules more to my liking, i dont like le's i dont like safeslots even if i posted about my other post, i only want them in to prever ppl whining over ooc that OMG I LOST MY RARE U A FUKING $£%$% bla bla bla bla bla all day, i can pvp, im not that bad, although im not that good either, just out of practive on the hardcore pvping, although mint killed me with a speed gat and i was using a cs with buffs, but then thats my own fault cos my setup was totaly nerfed at the time, i had to relom to fix my setup =] and i finfished lomin to heavy so i can actualy aim the dam cs now ( cant hybreed if u wana pvp mun =[ )

Jesterthegreat
19-06-05, 18:23
cant hybreed if u wana pvp mun =[

not true... its just a major advantage to rely on beast for the +25 HC

Dribble Joy
19-06-05, 21:28
On the subject of any change to PPUs/monks on the 'PvP' server, they would have to be made pan-server. Altering them is effectively an admission of there being a problem, so leaving the other servers unchanged is unfair on this as well as denying that the other servers will be as PvP based as they are now.

I am worried that they will get pussified with the introduction of the 'PvP' server.

From an ex-player possibly returning, but currently nameless.
'the PPU problem will be even worse on the PvP server if their are no safeslots. Because alot of people will fight without rares, which makes it even that much harder to pierce the shields of a PPU or a PPU buffed player.'

Jesterthegreat
19-06-05, 21:36
From an ex-player possibly returning, but currently nameless.
'the PPU problem will be even worse on the PvP server if their are no safeslots. Because alot of people will fight without rares, which makes it even that much harder to pierce the shields of a PPU or a PPU buffed player.'

the lower rare drop rate is only an idea. more people seem to support a higher drop rate than a lower one.

Dirus
19-06-05, 22:06
4. slightly increase power of rare weaponsNo. Plain and simple. In the end they will be lowered, not raised.

Edit: I'll elaborate on this a bit more. There are some weapons like the Silent Hunter which can not be raised any higher then they already are. It hits the no 1 shot kill rule and as such is throttled by the game. There is no way of making it anymore powerful. The fact it's hit the limit just goes to show that the rest need to be lowered to be able to put the SH near the top where it belongs.

Jesterthegreat
19-06-05, 22:31
No. Plain and simple. In the end they will be lowered, not raised.

Edit: I'll elaborate on this a bit more. There are some weapons like the Silent Hunter which can not be raised any higher then they already are. It hits the no 1 shot kill rule and as such is throttled by the game. There is no way of making it anymore powerful. The fact it's hit the limit just goes to show that the rest need to be lowered to be able to put the SH near the top where it belongs.

i like it. some things need altering for sure... RoG is useless for example. what i would like is each weapon being looked at indevidually, not a raise / lower of everything

Dirus
19-06-05, 22:41
i like it. some things need altering for sure... RoG is useless for example. what i would like is each weapon being looked at indevidually, not a raise / lower of everything
That would be the quickest & easiest way to do it. Unfortunately when it does get done, that way just won't cut it.

enigma_b17
19-06-05, 23:53
if u plan to lower the damage of rare weapons does this mean ur going to lower the damage that mobs can do aswell?

ZoVoS
20-06-05, 00:57

ok u cant buff up the weapons fine lower everything and lower rares only slightly less than the others, to be fair withough ppus lower wepon values would be needed since ppl will be dieing much faster

also all wepaons need to be looked at to increase there usefullness and make all things viable

and ye i supose guns light sniper rifuls that are built for masive pering damage should be doing considerably more than they do now IN COMPARISON to other weapons,

meh supose lowering all weapons power is ok but again i say rares need to hit harder as a pecentage than non rares more so than they do now, not masivly but a little bit

if u plan to lower the damage of rare weapons does this mean ur going to lower the damage that mobs can do aswell?

mobs gota be lowered rite? i mean withough the uber ppu ness we would have we would be slaughtered by mobs

Jesterthegreat
20-06-05, 01:41
i'm not sure he meant only on this server.

if he means universally (as i suspect) then PPU's need adjusting before this happens. think how much influence they currently have on combat, then decrease the damage from each weapon too...

ZoVoS
20-06-05, 03:55
hey if he means every server EVEN BETTER lol

zii
21-06-05, 02:44
My opinions as ever are,

Remove para.
Remove LE.
Remove safezones.
Remove safeslots (drop from QB not inventory).
Remove QB (or make it alot easier to hack or no-hack required to open.
Make Copbots open fire as soon as a gun is drawn, similar to NC1 copbots.
Decrease specilziation.
Remove PA class restrictions.

z.

Xeno LARD
21-06-05, 13:22
Decrease specilziation.
Remove PA class restrictions.

z.How would you decrease specialization?

And did you even think about PAs being available for all classes? No good idea. Definately not.

numb
21-06-05, 13:32
How would you decrease specialization?

I cant speak for Zii, but this should be by reducing the amount of skill you need to cap your items (say only a little over the requirement).

Lack of specialisation would be fun to play, but I expect there would be some balancing issues with the different classes.

edit: One more thing that would be good for the PvP server, is the ability to hire Crytens employees to supply tools/lube/parts etc to your apartment. A group of tradeskillers could really set up shop in an apartment then, with little risk to themselves.

Xeno LARD
21-06-05, 14:15
I cant speak for Zii, but this should be by reducing the amount of skill you need to cap your items (say only a little over the requirement).

Lack of specialisation would be fun to play, but I expect there would be some balancing issues with the different classes.

edit: One more thing that would be good for the PvP server, is the ability to hire Crytens employees to supply tools/lube/parts etc to your apartment. A group of tradeskillers could really set up shop in an apartment then, with little risk to themselves.
Only PEs and hybrids would benefit from this. Would simply make no sense as PEs can already use way too much stuff and hybrids are on the edge of being stupidly overpowered again. o_O

Jesterthegreat
21-06-05, 19:39
Only PEs and hybrids would benefit from this. Would simply make no sense as PEs can already use way too much stuff and hybrids are on the edge of being stupidly overpowered again. o_O

tanks could become hybs, spies could be much quicker (in fact, spec more ath and less agl for better resists - if i got ath and agl the wrong way round, you know what i mean :p) droners could hack better and still cap drones...

personally its not something that would bother me either way. i know what i will be playing and i know i can set him up to cap his gun and still be quick, and have good resists.

LiL T
21-06-05, 21:39

I'm liking that but I hope they don't lower certain weapons to the point of being useless because of people out healing the damage.

Dirus
21-06-05, 23:09
point of being useless because of people out healing the damage.
Hence why it still hasnt been done.

ZoVoS
22-06-05, 00:06
hehe u cant fix one thing until u fix another, u have to fix ppus to fix weapons

enigma_b17
22-06-05, 01:00
and since ppus arent broken weapons can be fixed rite away....pwned!

trigger hurt
22-06-05, 14:30

PE's would pretty much remain as they are. Still drugging up to get to a weapon. For the most part, they already cap freq/damage on even the highest level weapons, bar first love or maybe disruptor.

Tanks wouldn't benefit because it only takes around 212 hc to capp freq/damage/aiming on a cursed soul. They can get that with implants already without having to overspec points into HC. What you might see are more hybrid tanks or more tanks with higher peirce resist, but it's not going to change their damage output at all.

It won't apply to monks. Since neocron began, monks have had the most work put into their balance. From removing the exotic psi skill and putting in mst as a base requirement for all spells. At the same time, putting in a certain amount of apu or ppu no longer decreases the effectivness of apu or ppu spells. Monks, as far as I can tell now, have a completly different equation to calculate whether they cap their spells or not. Hybrids are nearly overpowered because of the gaya glove. People have argued that the glove should have a ppu=0 for an apu version of the glove and a apu=0 for a ppu version of the glove. If you want to be a hybrid, you have to use a regular glove.

As for spy, a good spy setup is drop in sa/sf/pp/moveon. The lack of an additional rifle/tc bonus implant means the spy has to dump more points into agility to remain effective in combat. Being a slow spy means being a dead spy. Decreasing the percentage of points required to cap a weapon would mean that they spy can spend less points in rc/pc and have points left over for agility or perhaps a tradeskill. Spies have needed loving for a long, long time. We don't need it in the form of armor, weapons or tools. We need it in the form of being what we are supposed to be.

Xeno LARD
22-06-05, 14:55
PE's would pretty much remain as they are. Still drugging up to get to a weapon. For the most part, they already cap freq/damage on even the highest level weapons, bar first love or maybe disruptor.

Tanks wouldn't benefit because it only takes around 212 hc to capp freq/damage/aiming on a cursed soul. They can get that with implants already without having to overspec points into HC. What you might see are more hybrid tanks or more tanks with higher peirce resist, but it's not going to change their damage output at all.

It won't apply to monks. Since neocron began, monks have had the most work put into their balance. From removing the exotic psi skill and putting in mst as a base requirement for all spells. At the same time, putting in a certain amount of apu or ppu no longer decreases the effectivness of apu or ppu spells. Monks, as far as I can tell now, have a completly different equation to calculate whether they cap their spells or not. Hybrids are nearly overpowered because of the gaya glove. People have argued that the glove should have a ppu=0 for an apu version of the glove and a apu=0 for a ppu version of the glove. If you want to be a hybrid, you have to use a regular glove.

As for spy, a good spy setup is drop in sa/sf/pp/moveon. The lack of an additional rifle/tc bonus implant means the spy has to dump more points into agility to remain effective in combat. Being a slow spy means being a dead spy. Decreasing the percentage of points required to cap a weapon would mean that they spy can spend less points in rc/pc and have points left over for agility or perhaps a tradeskill. Spies have needed loving for a long, long time. We don't need it in the form of armor, weapons or tools. We need it in the form of being what we are supposed to be.
I dont think spies would get much out of it. With 90 t-c and enough p-c to fully cap all pistols i still got more than 100 agl. What do i need more for?

About Pes and tanks your right maybe, but hybrids would be worse.
My apu hybrid freq caps all his ppu stuff, gets high dmg% on it aswell (haz1, s/blessed d, db, no pa), also nearly caps HL freq and gets 500ish dmg on it (roughly, been ages since i checked the dmg). I really dont think he needs a boost. o_O

ZoVoS
22-06-05, 14:55
and since ppus arent broken weapons can be fixed rite away....pwned!

thats flawed logic, ppus are broken and u cant decrease weapon damage if any nib can out heal a person

pwned!!!111ONEone!!

:rolleyes:

if something isnt done about ppus then the server will be pointless, everybody would need a ppu

Nullvoid
22-06-05, 16:22
with ppus it will be everyone running around with a ppu strapped to them ganking people.

without ppus it will be everyone running around ganking people.

Such a massive difference isn't it. :rolleyes:

edit - Oh and I dunno what trigger hurt is on about because you can fully cap a CS these days with 185 hc. Only the dev and SF plasma wave need in the region of 200+ hc(less with an ultima obviously).

Jesterthegreat
22-06-05, 20:07
with ppus it will be everyone running around with a ppu strapped to them ganking people.

without ppus it will be everyone running around ganking people.

Such a massive difference isn't it. :rolleyes:

edit - Oh and I dunno what trigger hurt is on about because you can fully cap a CS these days with 185 hc. Only the dev and SF plasma wave need in the region of 200+ hc(less with an ultima obviously).

dont think he plays much... it was all in hc back in the day (and still not cap a CS), now its easy as pie. extremely possible to cap a CS and near cap a PoB witha single drug (maybe cap both with 2-3)

ZoVoS
22-06-05, 20:47
dont think he plays much... it was all in hc back in the day (and still not cap a CS), now its easy as pie. extremely possible to cap a CS and near cap a PoB witha single drug (maybe cap both with 2-3)

yep u can cap both, iz dun it, however it does provide many problems and is sitll better to specialies

Tratos
25-06-05, 14:41
Have things been toyed with now? finalised? could we get an update?

ZoVoS
25-06-05, 15:17
i wrote it in caps just to get ya,alls atention, i have no doubt it will be closed and u will say please keepp it in the stickied thread. but here goes

can we get a heads up? what kk's thoughs and fealings on the server? are they currently thinking of a revamp of ppus before or after? what are u thinking about when it comes to soullight? safezones? para?

im not asking for anything set in stone, im just wondering what ur current thoughts on the matter are =] anything said wont be taken as gospal, =] just curious

Nidhogg
25-06-05, 16:00
Thread merged. I'll try and get an update in the coming week.

N

ZoVoS
25-06-05, 16:03

N

=] ok ty nid =]

<3

Tratos
29-06-05, 20:24

N
Any updates on said update?

Jesterthegreat
05-07-05, 13:47
i think a PvP server would be a grand idea.

Xylaz
05-07-05, 13:52
i think a PvP server would be a grand idea.

hmm indeed... maybe you should post it in a brainport section or something?

someone make a thread in a brainport about pvp server, i bet we can surprise KK with our excellent ideas, like ... uhm... lack of safezones... item drop...

great idea, *****

Dr Strange
05-07-05, 14:02
id love a pvp server

flawl3ss
05-07-05, 15:15
Good idea with the pvp server, Me and some buddies *might* come back to neocron if you decide to start it with the right settings & rules..

Good server settings should be something like:

*Wipe the server / Create a new one and let everyone restart with a new and fresh economy

*3 slots from the QB drops including the safe slot but only with 10% chance or similar

*Remove some of the strenght from the PPU's Para and make the normal freezing weapons alot better cause now they are worthless, as 3 slots drops from the qb they have a high chance of loosing it if they choose to use their rare freezer

*No le chip

*Make rare weapons more "rare"

*No soullight only faction sympathy

*4 slot server as the game will last longer for everyone = more money

*Increased death penalty, Make people loose 15% of their total money

Theres more but this is what i could come up with for now :o

Spermy
05-07-05, 15:17
50/50 - whats to say it doesn't just degenerate into a "I kill you cos I can" Gankfest? If unreasonable arses on your own side can kill you as well as hostiles, and just as easily, with little or no repurcussion - surely the faction alliances/hostilities are useless...

You can't enforce teamplay in a free for all situation - I would vote to have all factions set to a null or nuetral state - with faction merely determining the channel you use in coms, or the epic you run.

Demental
05-07-05, 15:46
I renewed my account waiting for PvP server... now I just need the PvP server :p

Lifewaster
13-07-05, 03:27
Item drop with No quickbelt/ no safeslot sounds great , but not sure hows it gonna work out in warzones ?

Also I think stealth is gonna be to powerful under this ruleset, especially with existence of an un-droppable noob epic stealth tool.

Stealthers will own the pvp with no safesones for non-stealthers to escape to , while having their own portable safezone tool. In fact the server will probably eventually turn pretty much into a gank-fest for PEs and spies (and maybe some undroppable speed-gat tanks) with a bonus of not needing to spec any hacking.

On the good side, I think the no-safe slot will help control the monk population a lot, with ppus forced to carry store bought spells lowering their abilities a lot and no safe-slot for holy-para will reduce para usage overall a ton imo.

So it will be very interesting overall and certainly worth trying out for me anyway.

However I would suggest , in light of the advantages going to be given to spy/pe/and tanks in the form of stealth and undroppable weapons , that some thing be done to lighten the hit monks are going to take. I'd suggest cutting the store-price for all lvl 3 armor/buffs/spells/weapons from the current 50k+ to about 10k . This will help pretty much every class that dies a lot, and will most help the class that dies the most, which I expect to be monks ^^

Oh and also, we have to remove LEs , I dont wanna see ppl lvling up nice and safe with le in , then taking it out and going to pk those who try to lvl up the hard way. Thats just a nonsence , only way LE can stay is if its a non-removable one time choice for tradeskillers to wear with no option to take it out to PK when capped. So if your LE is still in by rank 10 , then it stays in forever or some system like that....

Xylaz
13-07-05, 09:01
However I would suggest , in light of the advantages going to be given to spy/pe/and tanks in the form of stealth and undroppable weapons , that some thing be done to lighten the hit monks are going to take. I'd suggest cutting the store-price for all lvl 3 armor/buffs/spells/weapons from the current 50k+ to about 10k . This will help pretty much every class that dies a lot, and will most help the class that dies the most, which I expect to be monks ^^

monks need to be removed or at least their play needs to be severely hindered, they dont need MORE advantages...

zii
14-07-05, 03:39
Don't know if anyone has said this afore, but : one slot server.

Jesterthegreat
14-07-05, 08:11
Don't know if anyone has said this afore, but : one slot server.

since the french have been told they can keep their chars it's gonna be 2 slot minimum.

Superbron
14-07-05, 08:43
I would like a RP-server as well. A server where allied PK-ing is penalized more severe. Any chance this will happen? Or are the remaining servers treated as RP-servers?

numb
14-07-05, 13:08
If characters are going to remain on pandore, does this mean the LE chip will still be useable on the PvP server? I hope not, it'll put me off playing there for sure!

Njall
14-07-05, 13:34
I would like a RP-server as well. A server where allied PK-ing is penalized more severe. Any chance this will happen?
No. Too much people like allied PK-ing.

Jesterthegreat
14-07-05, 19:11
allied PKing should be more punished than it is now... but that involves a rework of SL and preferably FS systems... its not a quick thing.