PDA

View Full Version : hacknet and combat ranking

Superbron
14-06-05, 08:28
Hi,

Just wondering how the combat ranking in hacknet is being calculated. Does anyone know? By the way does your ranking stay the same when you leave hacknet or does it drop to 0 then?

Greetz,

Original monk
14-06-05, 10:01
i have no clue how its been calculated but i guess its kinda like spells ... the more you cap youre spells, the higher youre combatrank etc

when you leave hacknet youre rank doesnt dissapear immediatly no, could be you loose it afterwords dieing and zoning, but not immediatly when you get out of HN :)

have fun, veel plezier in hacknet :)

Superbron
14-06-05, 10:49
Ah right, thanks! I am going to make a hacknet/driver spy so I can answer my own questions within some time I think.

Dankjewel, dat zal we lukken :)

BradSTL
14-06-05, 18:06
Hacknet combat rank is very much like psi combat rank. The higher your percentage on the highest TL weapon you draw, the higher your rank.

And no, your combat rank doesn't go back down (or up) when you leave Hacknet, and that part really aggravates me. I wish it were more like vehicle combat, where as soon as you exit the vehicle your combat rank drops back to what it was before you boarded it.

CMaster
14-06-05, 18:25
Yes, you do have differnt RL/Hacknet combat ranks. No, they dont always change when they should (just like normal combat ranks....

imper1um
14-06-05, 18:54
When you first enter HackNet, it keeps you at the combat rank you were at when you in the outside world. Once you equip a software that is higher than your current combat rank, it will raise it. This is just like any other time.

Rank is recalculated randomly on zoning, which sometimes it will recalculate within 5 zones, sometimes it will be 70 zones. It will drop the rank to zero, then check the rank you would get from each of the items in your Quickbelt and Armor Panel. This is the same for exiting HackNet. When you leave HackNet, it will possibly drop your rank to next to nothing, unless you have non-HN items on your quickbelt. Otherwise, after some zoning (1-70 zones), the rank will be recalculated.

Rank is also recalculated from scratch when your overall rank changes. This is OVERALL Rank, which means you need to level or disribute enough points to change it by a factor of 1 or more.

Answer your question?

Superbron
15-06-05, 13:06
When you first enter HackNet, it keeps you at the combat rank you were at when you in the outside world. Once you equip a software that is higher than your current combat rank, it will raise it. This is just like any other time.

Rank is recalculated randomly on zoning, which sometimes it will recalculate within 5 zones, sometimes it will be 70 zones. It will drop the rank to zero, then check the rank you would get from each of the items in your Quickbelt and Armor Panel. This is the same for exiting HackNet. When you leave HackNet, it will possibly drop your rank to next to nothing, unless you have non-HN items on your quickbelt. Otherwise, after some zoning (1-70 zones), the rank will be recalculated.

Rank is also recalculated from scratch when your overall rank changes. This is OVERALL Rank, which means you need to level or disribute enough points to change it by a factor of 1 or more.

Answer your question?
Yes, it does answer my question. Thanks all!