PDA

View Full Version : Rockwear and Power Armor?

BradSTL
13-06-05, 23:55
I just went through 18 pages of comments on Planfile #2. One question got asked at least twice, I think three times, without an answer. I'm assuming it got overlooked because of all the active debate about the PvP server, so I brought it out into another thread in hopes that it will actually be answered:

Will Rockwear allow us to change the color of the power armor legs and chest? There was a bug in NC1 that allowed it to be changed but the change wouldn't survive zoning. On the other hand, back in NC1, clothing color changes seldom survived zoning anyway; I always assumed that this was the bug that was why Rockwear was turned off.

If it is at all possible, I'd like to beg you to make it possible to change the color on the power armor, have it match the color change on the clothes, so that clans can have uniforms. It would make the game a heck of a lot more interesting and a heck of a lot less boring to look at if the end game weren't all the same four models in only two shades of color each. It would also reduce friendly fire in op fights and raids. And for non-monks, at least, I don't need to see the color of someone's armor to tell what weapon they're using, I can usually already see the weapon.

Unrelated Rockwear question: Can clothing change terminals be bought as furniture? As it now stands, the ony apartment that has a clothes changer is the large Plaza furnished apartment.

Jesterthegreat
14-06-05, 00:00
everyone wearing the same armour looks lame... i'm all for this.

LiL T
14-06-05, 00:00
Clan uniforms would love it :D

enigma_b17
14-06-05, 00:04
that was me :P

it would be somed to keep the crowd happy, make things a bit more colorful and a bit more variety since we all hate these new models ;)

Riddle
would love to see Red v's Blue :lol:

Mechanicus
yeah also make it so you can put pa on and off and still keep your clothes colours, in nc1 if you put pa on it deleted the colours

Tratos
14-06-05, 00:08
I like it and think it should be in to keep us happy and to give some variety :)

just as a note i think Rokkwear was turned off as it wasn't re-built with the new models and so got put back and put back with more important stuff etc...

CMaster
14-06-05, 00:08
Yes, espeically as all monk wars mean all you have is an army of blue and brown cloaks. Cant pick out who is on which side. Perhaps just make a hem or something on the PA colourable. Vehicle outfitters too please!
And, the TT/DRE/PP clan app has an outfitter too, but all for it being purcahasable.

BaDDaSS
14-06-05, 01:56
Yeah, grey is sooo no longer in fashion ;P

Tratos
14-06-05, 02:03
As a note is the cost of changing your clothes going to work this time? as there was a price box but it did nowt on the old RoKKwear

ZoVoS
14-06-05, 03:53
ahh my pink tank looked so pritty before he filled ur face with plasma (if u saw a pink tank u couldnt fight back, u were to buissy pissing ur self with laughter)

Transformer
14-06-05, 04:57
Yes, espeically as all monk wars mean all you have is an army of blue and brown cloaks. Cant pick out who is on which side. Perhaps just make a hem or something on the PA colourable. Vehicle outfitters too please!
And, the TT/DRE/PP clan app has an outfitter too, but all for it being purcahasable.

why not read the faction?

imper1um
14-06-05, 06:36
Pink pants for teh win!

Heavyporker
14-06-05, 06:39
I just really want OutFitters to start really charging for letting people use clothing change functions.

Oh, and frankly, Outfitters shouldn't be purchaseable. I was kinda irked to see them in the level 3 plaza apartments and Via Rosso clan apartments.

Rokkwear stores need real function now. I loved that neocronicle story about how Rokkwear was actually a shell company used to shuffle funds around. heh.

Tidus_Origin
14-06-05, 09:20
Just as a note i think Rokkwear was turned off as it wasn't re-built with the new models and so got put back and put back with more important stuff etc...

That's what I thought...KK probably needed to update the Outfitter system to accomodate the new character customisation options in NC2 (namely hairstyle, facial hair and face style).

I just really want OutFitters to start really charging for letting people use clothing change functions.
It should charge people for using it (like buying new clothes, getting a haircut, etc.), but only charge something inexpensive like, say... 1k a time? That way everyone can use it, whether they're full-capped millionnaires or lowbies who've got some spare credits after a good haul in the aggie cellars.

If they include the option to change the colour of ur char's hair and PA, I'll be happy. :lol:

Selendor
14-06-05, 11:38
Can't wait for this. I agree it would be good if the Powerarmour could be changed permanently, as clan colours and more individual character appearances are sorely missing from the game. I remember a post from KK a long time ago saying varied character models put too much strain on their servers! This was NC 1.

Question though - currently if you are wearing PA and you zone sometimes your PA changes colour, ie blue to grey. I don't know if others see your appearance change, I think not. So will this bug have been squashed too?

Also, what about Camo PA, what happens to that colour?

The more I think about it the more I think these things won't be changeable, it will be more about the hair/face/default clothing being alterable. Saying that, if KK have the ability allow PA changes then that would be a shift for op wars (ie is that a PPU or an APU we are targetting?!?!) Some people will be very annoyed by this although I personally think it would add more teamwork, and more skill in target selection. Think about an image of all black-PA'd team attacking an op, how cool will that look ^^

Original monk
14-06-05, 11:51
cool idea, and when there on it bring in (sun)glasses and (pimp)hats :P

Heavyporker
14-06-05, 17:20
Would frigging love it if the ONLY place you could get haircuts would be in the RokkWear shops. Not even personal Outfitters can do that for you. That would TRULY add functionality to these stores.

hybok
14-06-05, 20:12
YES!!! Clans having all the same uniform! GOOD IDEA! :) Maybe everyone might wear black though... ^_^ this might not be a good idea :)

eprodigy
14-06-05, 20:26
wont happen probably will let us change our pants and shirt and that will be it, wonder if color will be there at all..

Tidus_Origin
14-06-05, 21:16
Think about an image of all black-PA'd team attacking an op, how cool will that look?

Very cool :D

And PA-less hybrids with shades..

__\_________/
_-- o --_____\
___/_\:cool:| ___:(