PDA

View Full Version : Hows NC doing?

boneybob
13-06-05, 17:46
Lo all,

How’s Neocron contending with other MMOs these days? Iv been gone for few months but haven’t stopped paying for NC yet, any chance NCs grown up a little?

I see theirs not as many people logged onto the forms as their used to be (which isn’t a good sign.

Anything ever happen with the story line (like the bald guy wielding dual sawn-offs), or has any new content been added, or perhaps game balances?

Ta,
BB

Tratos
13-06-05, 18:02
http://cp.neocron.com/5/planfiles?id=110& Plan File #2

http://cp.neocron.com/5/patchnotes go there ans see patch notes #130 and onwards, welcome back sort of.

Dribble Joy
13-06-05, 18:22
Not as many people on the forums because:
A. Nothing to talk about by now.
B. We are all sick of each other.

[TgR]KILLER
13-06-05, 18:35
yea damn forums are soooooooooo quite last days ;(

Hell-demon
13-06-05, 18:37
I still post.....

on my own.....

alone................

:(

Digital-Talios
13-06-05, 19:17
Lo all,

How’s Neocron contending with other MMOs these days? Iv been gone for few months but haven’t stopped paying for NC yet, any chance NCs grown up a little?

I see theirs not as many people logged onto the forms as their used to be (which isn’t a good sign.

Anything ever happen with the story line (like the bald guy wielding dual sawn-offs), or has any new content been added, or perhaps game balances?

Ta,
BB

Ill give you my take on NC ;)

-Server wide populations are low compared to NC1.
-The international relaese was a good secret.
-New noob items are useful (some of) like PE stealth, quad, and tl 10 heal.
-Bugs and irregularities are more prevelant (to me)
-A new pvp server is planned to replace one of the regular ones.
-The community seams alittle more nastier then usual :(
-If your on Terra DoY is heavily weighed against NC
-Many allied pkings on Terra
-As for NC competing with other MMOs... ask someone and they say Neo what?

Come check out NC. If you had a few months of a vacation it should be fun to you :)

Seven
13-06-05, 20:36
Not as many people on the forums because:
A. Nothing to talk about by now.
B. We are all sick of each other.

That's about right... :D

BradSTL
13-06-05, 22:01
You should always take it as a good sign when the general customer forum for an online game is quiet. It means that people are more interested in playing the game than complaining about it.

My take on the politics of Terra is that Neocron City still spend so much time ally-killing that they still can't stick up for each other for crap, and the Twilight Guardians are still (as they have been all they way back to NC1) the most popular faction, and that's why 2/3 of the map is and (if nothing changes) probably always will be in the hands of the biggest TG clan and/or their allies.

Because the map is so one-sided, and because they keep cranking up the security level in the cities, there aren't a lot of good opportunities for player killing. There's some occasional skirmishing at Cycrow or the Military Base, because those are places you can count on finding non-LE people leveling, but because Domers who will show up at an op fight for each other so severely outnumber City people who would show up at an op fight, the City people hardly ever bother. It's made for a very unpleasantly stable map; if it weren't for a series of skirmishes between Yet Another Ally Killing Crahn Clan and Freedom Force, there'd be nothing going on at all. And as happened the last times, the Yet Another Ally Killing Crahn Clan is getting their butts whipped, because in the Dome we tend to go all medieval on the butts of ally killers.

Bugs, eh. My experience is that as soon as you get more than 20 people fighting in one place for more than ten minutes, especially the ones with attacks that involve big splashy animations and/or drawn-out noises like APUs and tanks, three or more of them are going to have fatal errors and crash. Somewhere around the time you cross your 15th or so zone line where it has to load new map or NPC textures, you're going to run out of memory and fatal. Other than that, the game's usually pretty stable lately. Heck, now it's even reasonably safe to cross zone lines at full speed with a full AT Troop Carrier or a full Hover Carrier.

So at least what I'm doing, and most of the people I know are doing, is leveling up and harvesting tech parts in hopes that some day soon the City will get their acts together a little more, all unify behind one big clan, and change the shape of the map to one with a lot more back-and-forth combat. Unfortunately, when somebody from Neocron City stands up and says, "We should all unite!" what he always seems to mean is, "Everybody should obey me!"

Xylaz
13-06-05, 22:29
it's as bad as usual, maybe a little worse

Ch1n Th3 M4g
13-06-05, 23:15
i recon terra will sort it self out with most pkers going merc, maybe o_O

rp > terra after :eek: :lol:

enigma_b17
13-06-05, 23:15
i think u mean:

"How is terra dying?" :P

boneybob
13-06-05, 23:23
Hum, dam o_O

Sounds like its got worse than when I left. Not that it matters now (probably not going to play for long time), but if its as bad as it sounds the best thing for NC would probably be to make a PVP only server (and a Non-PVP unless agreed server).

Shame really, I still don’t think their will ever be a game the same as NC, but frankly if its any thing like when I left then their really is no hope. :eek:

Sorry guys, and the NC crew :(

Will keep on looking out for NC, I would return if they managed to curb the allied PK and focused on game play (role play) rather than creating more time sinks.

Any way, theirs always going to be some kid who shouldn’t even be playing the game, that’s far higher level than you (same will all MMOs).

Peace,

BB

PS: Good luck in future KK/staff :)

Tratos
13-06-05, 23:37
did you read the planfile i posted? as in 3 weeks what you said would keep you here will be inplac according to that.

boneybob
13-06-05, 23:56
To be honest, no i havent read it yet. I never said i was actualy quiting, this is not a leaving thread (did that a long time ago). Will read in a sec :p

ArgieD
14-06-05, 14:34
KK started, slowly, improving things around. Enlarged the Neocron World, added many new features, and generally started to get more involved with "their customers"

They only need a bit more time..

Civil_Unit
14-06-05, 16:23
Lo all,

How’s Neocron contending with other MMOs these days?

BB

Oh about the same as always, a mile ahead in innovation and original content and about a decade behind in quality and service. :)

these days its a choice, a game which one can actualy enjoy playing...or a game you can actualy play without interuption.

I do think the patches lately have been a bit better as far as targeting bugs and solving them, but they have only been little things. they are apperently gearing up for a international release for their new publisher, but if they dont fix the bugs they probably will sell less then they should.