PDA

View Full Version : nc.synergyxr.net is down ?

calim
13-06-05, 14:43
Hello,

Did you see that nc.synergyxr.net is offline ?
Is anybody has any info about it ?

I sent a mail to the webmaster saturday but no answer.

That's a very great website, it should live ! :)

Comie
13-06-05, 15:21
the website, the forums and all the rest of the resources linked to the site is down. or something more sinister has happend... tho whos to know until FN returns

Riddle
13-06-05, 19:57
:( FN come save us i need my info fix :)

Infinite
13-06-05, 20:54
THink he was updating something .. and somethig went wrong.

Was looking through weapon then the menu on the left had more options but there was a few errors with the session, on all the synergy sites not jsut XR. Then an hour or so later it was all forbidden... I'm sure we'll get an update :P

enigma_b17
13-06-05, 21:10
sounds like a hardware failure and he had to reinstall everything, and just hasnt reconfigured the permissions on the server yet....

rest assured it will be up as soon as possible.

Tratos
18-06-05, 00:04
Ouch, soon as possible is a while away it seems: http://www.csh.rit.edu/~cmarcera/sxr/

Just checked out nc.syn to find this message.

-FN-
18-06-05, 00:24
I've been in Florida on business since last week. I got wind that the server was down and spent two days trying to get someone at the server housing to reboot it. Finally got someone in there today and according to the console, I'm the proud new owner of complete RAID array failure... so, yeah. Things will be down for awhile. I can't even give someone the data because all I have is the website framework, the data is backed up where the server is. Hopefully in a week or two I'll be able to find 2-3 days to remedy everything. But as of now, the box is turned off and waiting for me to get to it, assess the damage and losses, figure out what needs to be replaced, what can be salvaged, and then reconfigure everything.

I'm very sorry NC Community :(

@ calim - I did receive your email, but was unable to answer due to my hotel's crappy internet service. Sorry about that.

imper1um
18-06-05, 01:08
Ouch.

ArthurDent2k
18-06-05, 02:54
Ah, sadly missed it already ;)

Good Luck FN, may the Hardware be with you and big THX for the page itself :)

eprodigy
18-06-05, 04:42
popular site youve got there ;) not 5 minutes passes in game before some asks on help if its back up =)

Freaky Fryd
18-06-05, 13:20
I feel so lost...no SXR vent...no SXR forums...and no NC info on top of that...
*sniff, sniff* :(
Hurry FN...hurry...

enigma_b17
18-06-05, 14:07
yea what the hell are we goin to do :|

CMaster
26-06-05, 14:21
It's BACK!
Yay.

Hippieman
26-06-05, 15:01
Correction. It's semi-up. Its been going down and up a few times within the last few hours. Right now only nc.syn and the Vent is up, main site and forums are down.

enigma_b17
26-06-05, 19:29
theyr up now, ill try and pester fn to make an announcement (if he has time) on here once hes got it back up.

-FN-
27-06-05, 05:31
It's up and running, but kinda with a band-aid. I wasn't able to reinstall everything the way I wanted due to hardware issues. So it's kinda running with a band-aid until I can get more hardware and then find another weekend to make the 8 hour drive to the datacenter and back.

It *should* be up and stable for awhile though - and this time, should anything happen, I have everything ready to go to set the site up on an alternate box.

PS
If anyone can't see the site yet or still get the Temp site - it's just a delay in worldwide DNS updating - it should catch up in the next 12 hours. You can try an 'ipconfig /flushdns' in command line, but that probably won't work so you'll just have to wait.

-FN-
29-06-05, 19:23
It's up and running, but kinda with a band-aid.

Band-aid fell off. nc.syn is back down :( God knows I can't spend another weekend driving 8 hours anytime soon so... yeah. I will post updates here.

enigma_b17
29-06-05, 19:46
idd it would seem it did fn. If you aint got somewhere else to host it i can throw it up on my own server for the time being, until u get ur hardware setup back in working order!

-FN-
05-07-05, 20:17
nc.synergyxr.net, www.synergyxr.net, and forums.synergyxr.net are back up and running on a completely different box until the main server can be properly tended to.

If you cannot reach these sites, your DNS has not been updated yet. It should be within the next 12-24 hours.