PDA

View Full Version : PvP server kill drop

Mr Friendly
10-06-05, 22:53
im just gunna get this out & to be discussed & seen b4 i head down to the pool:

imho, it shouldn't be just a random item instead of the hackable belt. neone around would be able to snag it w/e. even a stealthed spy whos just watchin the fight could snag the item soon as someone dies. etc.

personally i believe it should be just like mobs, belt still drops, cept its only openable to the person who killed the guy/did the most dmg.

thats my quick thoughts on it.

Tidus_Origin
10-06-05, 23:21

imho, it shouldn't be just a random item instead of the hackable belt. neone around would be able to snag it w/e. even a stealthed spy whos just watchin the fight could snag the item soon as someone dies. etc.

personally i believe it should be just like mobs, belt still drops, cept its only openable to the person who killed the guy/did the most dmg.

thats my quick thoughts on it.

Good idea. If the item on its own drops (as you said), anyone would be able to grab it, whether they took part in the fight or not.

The belt that drops should act like a mob's corpse, giving looting rights to (AND ONLY TO) the player who did the highest damage.

Jesterthegreat
10-06-05, 23:25
Good idea. If the item on its own drops (as you said), anyone would be able to grab it, whether they took part in the fight or not.

The belt that drops should act like a mob's corpse, giving looting rights to (AND ONLY TO) the player who did the highest damage.

personally i would say anyone who did 33% damage or something. as long as its people who did more than punching damage, and as long as its locked to LE's, i like it :p

Infinite
10-06-05, 23:56
Don't care either way, it used to be a randomitem back when i started and i didnt see anyone moaning. I dont know why they ever implemented quickbelts or safeslot.

Mr Friendly
10-06-05, 23:59
imo if this stays, the stealthing PEs or spies will be a big problem. (since there's gunna be lots of em with no safe zones to go to besides apts. (not sayin its a safe zone but a safe place, u get what i mean)

but if this is done...there's nothing like it in the game where loot is dropped of something that dies but the person able to loot would be the one who had the "priviliges" to loot or w/e messge u get when only someone else can loot it. therefore, most likely they wouldnt be able to get it implemented without there being some bug or exploit with it =/ but ey, maybe things have changed in the development part of KK's GMs :)

Terkantia
11-06-05, 01:28
No, just a random item drop is fine, imho.

Same time, there will be significant changes in all things that go down. Quite staggering whne one thinks about the ramifications from these few small changes there are discussing.

=)

Mr Friendly
11-06-05, 01:40
not about the moaning mistake u know its just...say u & some other guy whom u arent shooting whos neutral cuz ur currently fighting an enemy...snags the random item when u kill em & runs off.....that & the stealthed PEs & Spies that are gunna be snaggin drops =/ 1/2 the time imho ppl who killed the person wont be getting the item =/

but o/w, i dont really care either way, i just dont like the idea that some prick whos too sissy to fight will be stealthin about snaggin drops =/ (if he gets em b4 the attcker does neway). & like Dribble Joy just said, the LEd peeps =/

Dribble Joy
11-06-05, 01:41
Mob style loot rights is what I want on all servers.

If there is no belts, then you will get lots of 'issues' like LEed people scavenging the battle fields.

Infinite
11-06-05, 02:28
If there friends gets the item after you kill them thats ur teams fault for not gettint it fast enough .. jees lol. YOu get the same chance to get your own items back. Its luck of the draw.

Mr Friendly
11-06-05, 02:42
some ppl would rather have the "i killed em, i get the loot" not the "guy in the corner came close to the fight & stole my loot soon as he dropped" ..

nobby
11-06-05, 03:38
They should rename it to Neptune and Remove the LE!

"Warning, Noobies not advised to start here " :lol:

LiL T
11-06-05, 04:15
Aye making it just like killing mobs with the loot privs to the player who did the most, that is fair and it should not need hacking.

zii
13-06-05, 01:41
boo to belt drop. we don't want them. the spy is just taking advantage of his occupational advantage [stealth tool]. it should lead to some, "who took the 'kin belt?" "Wasn't mem, it was you, you tosser". And so on until someone looses his temper. More bloodshed. Great.

Superbron
13-06-05, 08:28

thats my quick thoughts on it.Yes, I agree!

Drake6k
13-06-05, 08:32
I think it should one of the 10 highest value/slot items or armor including all of the belt and should drop on the ground. Not in a belt, just on the ground like when Neocron1 came out. That is hardcore... It was really cool when someone would die you could just grab their whatever right off the ground without having to stop..hack... maybe die hacking... stealing other peoples loot is fine with me, just pay attention and you can always kill the person who steals your loot. :D

This server isn't about making normal NC better. It's about making a pvp server and having it hardcore.

Darkana
13-06-05, 09:24
I've seen enough spies in stealth grabbing the belts of their friends. Make sure the dropped item is yours, by all means.

Secondly you apply the way you handle things nowadays to the things how they will be on the PvP server. The environment there will force you to change your game style in a number of ways, and one will be to make sure you get what you "earned". It's just a tad bit more challenging than before :p

(Besides I already see a hybrid before my eye, being all greedy, picking up the heavy CS which got dropped and then running as fast as a snail because of overload ... :D)

The only concern I see here a LE'd players.

[TgR]KILLER
13-06-05, 10:13
din't read the rest of the topic because the pvp server doesn't interest me @ all ;x

but le players can't pickup belts or even access them so le's aren't the problem. well they will be if there aren't belts no more but thats a mistake kk can make :p

RogerRamjet
13-06-05, 16:40
If its going back to early NC1 have the massive rare drops from WBs again so replacing weapons isnt a problem, and re introduce ultimates and HABS and things back in.

Drake6k
13-06-05, 16:48
If its going back to early NC1 have the massive rare drops from WBs again so replacing weapons isnt a problem, and re introduce ultimates and HABS and things back in.
*drooling* yes

numb
13-06-05, 16:56
I'm happy with proposed item drop rules, like the beginning of NC1 (but random) as long as there is no LE. I am really against LE of any kind on the PvP server.

I think the belt drop is a good idea mind, but a code change like that will probably delay the release of the server.

Can LE'd players currently access belts that have been unlocked already? Also, arent unlocked mobs like WBs accessible to all or do the unlocked corpses still have the damage restriction on them?

I would imagine the belts to drop, and be marked as unlocked (to avoid too many code changes). The issues probably come in if unlocked items lose any damage amount checks - which I believe they do.

Drake6k
13-06-05, 17:32
It was kinda silly at NC1 start if someone was going to die or even genrep they'd pull their main weapon(s) into their inventory so they wouldn't drop.
That of course is why inventory items should drop aswell.

LiL T
13-06-05, 18:48
It was kinda silly at NC1 start if someone was going to die or even genrep they'd pull their main weapon(s) into their inventory so they wouldn't drop.
That of course is why inventory items should drop aswell. They do I'm sure of it, I hacked belts befor and looted power armours and had droped them upon being killed I' m sure of it. Oh and poke tools as well, I have dropped many of them

They use to try and run to a GOGO but at least your winning the fight if they do that and still get a drop of what ever they have left.

Drake6k
13-06-05, 18:55
They do I'm sure of it, I hacked belts befor and looted power armours and had droped them upon being killed I' m sure of it.

I was talking about near the beginning of Neocron1 over two years ago. Items didn't drop in belts they just fell right onto the ground. They also did not drop from the inventory like I described.

Good times.

LiL T
13-06-05, 18:58
Sorry did not see that you were on about what use to happen :)

numb
13-06-05, 19:38
I was talking about near the beginning of Neocron1 over two years ago. Items didn't drop in belts they just fell right onto the ground. They also did not drop from the inventory like I described.

Good times.

The christmas patch made it really easy to find all the presents left on the floor too :)

Mr Friendly
13-06-05, 20:15
KILLER']din't read the rest of the topic because the pvp server doesn't interest me @ all ;x

but le players can't pickup belts or even access them so le's aren't the problem. well they will be if there aren't belts no more but thats a mistake kk can make :p

yes, but they can grab an item on the ground..

which is why there needs to be loot belts, instead of the item just dropping.