PDA

View Full Version : Different PSI-Mana-usage

Superbron
10-06-05, 15:09
Hi there,

Did anyone of you ever experience this? Sometimes the used amount of psi-mana is more than normal. After a complete relog it's back to the normal usage again.

Greetz,

Superbron
11-06-05, 16:18
Bump: did nobody ever experience this? :confused:

Vae Victis
11-06-05, 19:02
the rest of us dont have manahax.exe running in the background o_O

on topic: nah never had this.. i did have less mana (50 health bug :lol: )

Nullvoid
11-06-05, 19:14
A few times I've had it where my pool shows as being higher than it really is...so I can't actually cast a spell yet even tho it says I can...

Can't say I've ever experienced what you're talking about tho.

Mighty Max
11-06-05, 19:37
That happens to me if i have my weapon drawn on login. It solves itself tho when zoning or puttin the spell aside and reequip it.

But thats happen to me not only on PSI spells. Rather on everything (Speed and Dmg looks the same) Yet the server looks to calculate that right, at least the dmg, since even if i do only 4-5 dmg to a mob on my comp, i see them loosing the regular amount from ther Health-Bar.

Morganth
11-06-05, 19:56
Well your Psi-Pool is calculated etc server-side, so its quite possible your client was out of sync with the server for its pool values, so it will make up for it so both match up, which will give you client side inconsistencies whereas server side its all hunky dory.

Toxen
11-06-05, 20:07
The damage thing is rather intresting and amusing, like alot of people these days I run two accounts, and Its amusing when i've had both accounts running at the same time i've sat there watching one of my chars kill a mob on my other char one thing is the damage I see on the client with the char thats doing the killing will always appear to be higher than that seen by the client with the char thats just watching. Secondly When I kill the mob on the first char, there is about 10 seconds upwards delay between when I see the mob go down on the first client to when it goes down on the second client. Now cus im on a private network with a dedicated connection, my ping tends to max out at 50-60 ms so, first client sends data to server saying that I've killed the mob 30 ms to get there 30ms to send data back to confirm the client and trigger death animations reward updates etc we should assume that the server sends out the update packet to other clients connected inthat area at the same time so 30ms in parralle to the first update packet so there should be no delay for the second client getting updated, but from sheer observation we know thats not true so wheres this 10 seconds coming from... currently it looks like it updates the client that sent the (I've killed a mob) data gets updated before the server does anything else ie sever enviroment, drop inventory, team rewards, exp gain, now if anyones read my posts in response to a couple of the vech theme weeks you know my opinions on how i think the zoning sequence works, this again suggests that the update sequence for server-client is well to say the least a little weird and somewhat reversed. Think if this is ever looked at in detail it could solve ALOT of problems that are occuring at the moment perhaps even the permasyncs

Superbron
13-06-05, 12:18
Maybe my question wasn't formulated well: I experinced that after my monk has died, the PSI-mana used for a spell sometimes is doubled. This is not always the case, but occasionally it happens. Does anybody else have this too?

calim
13-06-05, 13:05
Maybe my question wasn't formulated well: I experinced that after my monk has died, the PSI-mana used for a spell sometimes is doubled. This is not always the case, but occasionally it happens. Does anybody else have this too?

Maybe you were buff'ed a lot, and then you were using less PPW, no ?

Superbron
13-06-05, 22:25
Maybe you were buff'ed a lot, and then you were using less PPW, no ?
Nope, not the issue here :(