PDA

View Full Version : Terranians: The exodus to Mercury?

Obsidian X
10-06-05, 02:39
Inevitable really, I thought I'd pose the question to the community following the news of Mercury becoming the new Neptune. Please post reasons why, thoughts etc.

Edit: I myself am unsure; still undecided, though I'd go if my clannies were going too.

CMaster
10-06-05, 02:48
I'm gonna make a duelist there and stick to Terra for my main play.

Vae Victis
10-06-05, 03:08
ill be makin a PE there..

LiL T
10-06-05, 03:11
Making PE and maybe some tradeskillers a bit later

Obsidian X
10-06-05, 03:14
This could very well bring back some of the old schoolers in droves. Many a time you'll hear them ranting about "The good old Beta days when items dropped randomly, no QBs and NC was fun". Maybe some will come back for this.

Hippieman
10-06-05, 03:19
Hell yeah I'll go. I'll stay on Terra also but I can't resist not going to the new Neptune, Mercury. A whole bunch of ass-kickin action!

Nullvoid
10-06-05, 03:41
No thanks

Dribble Joy
10-06-05, 04:26
"The good old Beta days when items dropped randomly, no QBs and NC was fun". Maybe some will come back for this.
What I would like is a change in the belt rule to that of looting rights from hacking.

Cor
10-06-05, 05:28
If they allow a transfer to Merc I am shore people will go and that server will be busy for awhile than the novelty will where off and some will want to bring there characters back.

I would use the French servers give them the option to transfer out and leave it at a 2 slotted server but don't allow a transfer to that server. Let everyone start new. That way some people wont regret the move, because you know some will. Over all I think the planfile is good.

System
10-06-05, 07:02
Already started a new char there but probably just go there from tmie to time, keep terra as my main. Unless the whole clan wants to go. Not sure realy yet

netster
10-06-05, 07:07
good god, i have a fullcapped riflespy at mercury, with shitloads of weaps. only use him to gank up ppls.

Jolt
10-06-05, 07:18
What I would like is a change in the belt rule to that of looting rights from hacking.

Ya keep belts just change or adjust the hacking; i hated dying to a mob and then dropping your weapon to have it despawn wasent much fun.

LiL T
10-06-05, 07:45
lol why do you need a quick belt ?

If you get killed and drop a belt its gone nothing you will be able to do about the 2 tanks stood there gaurding the hacker spy, they would just kill you again. You would lose more stuff pretty pointless

Bugs Gunny
10-06-05, 07:53
I guess i'm famous. Someone allready stole BUGS GUNNY and BUGS GUNNY CLASSIC lol.
Time to put in a ticket :-)

Morganth
10-06-05, 08:09
I guess i'm famous. Someone allready stole BUGS GUNNY and BUGS GUNNY CLASSIC lol.
Time to put in a ticket :-)

Yeah, because Support are gonna give a non-German person a name that a German person on an originally German server chose, probably out of accident. Thats like saying Jupiter had the same problems as Saturn, because "everything has the same hardware". My arse, we all know Jupiter got more care and attention than any of the other hamsters.

hegemonic
10-06-05, 08:25
Not transferring but will play there more often. Terra, although its got a LOT of login problems and synch bugs, will still be my main base --it's where I keep my stuff :)

her.
10-06-05, 08:36
well considerin both my lappy and main computer just went all fuck on me I want be in the game for awhile (have to send them back to get fixed) but once that happens I will prolly just make a PE on merc andd have terra as me main still....will be fun but would love it one slot server to reduce the ppuage and have actual skilled pvpers runnin around solo for once

Xylaz
10-06-05, 08:50
yes i will definitely be there. If it works out as i hope it will, i'm going to drag at least 5 of my old clannies back from WoW.

but i have to wait and see first. The most important question is: what will be the population of the new server - if it'll be around 30% then yeah definitely. Yet, judging from other forum users opinions lots of people might be to afraid to go there because there wont be any safezones around to run in case of danger... And whats even more terryfying, tradeskillers will not be able to ignore the faction standings, game politics (all roleplaying possibilities basically), people's reputation etc etc etc due to lack of safezones too. Boo hoo. People will have to take responsibilities about their own actions. Shocking eh?

The remote safezone problem will remain though. I posted my solutions to it in other thread (1 slot only or bring back spirit mods or just remove goddamned ppus).
And of course, LE will have to be removed, because its just another form of remote safezone.

So, basically KK - If u want to turn off safezones, think about the remote ones as well (LEs, ppus).

Superbron
10-06-05, 09:03
I am not sure yet. Tending to stay at Terra, because I guess there will be more RP when the hardcore allied PK'ers will be on Mercury.

Jesterthegreat
10-06-05, 09:06
i'll be fighting who i want on whichever server i want...

if i dont get bored of leveling / NC i#'ll have an average joe clone overthere in a couple of weeks.

Bugs Gunny
10-06-05, 09:32
Come to think of it, i'm not going to name my char there bugs gunny, as i can be an anonymous bad guy there...
Whoever got the name there, enjoy it :-)

[TgR]KILLER
10-06-05, 09:35
no way staying on terra :) don't need the drop all etc rules.

Xylaz
10-06-05, 09:44
KILLER']no way staying on terra :) don't need the drop all etc rules.
oh come on, drop rules are fun :p if u cant loose anything you cant really win either

Morganth
10-06-05, 09:52
Come to think of it, i'm not going to name my char there bugs gunny, as i can be an anonymous bad guy there...
Whoever got the name there, enjoy it :-)

You can just RP another Bugs Gunny :rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
10-06-05, 10:14
:-)

Well as it is now bugs gunny the tank hardly gets logged on anymore. I'm usualy on sleezy gonzales (who now has 0 points in constitution and no pa) or Gunnar Aegirson. If it wasn't for the remote posibility that i'd at one point enjoy playing a tank again, i'd delete him and remake bugs gunny as a pistol spy.

But hey, there's enough cartoon or comicbook characters that i can use to pick a new name.

MuggleMind
10-06-05, 10:34
A strange question (*n00by mode entered*)...

If I have 4 active characters on Terra, would any of those slots be affected if I also wanted to play on Mercury? When I first signed up for NC2 I accidentally created a character on one of the German servers (may well have been Mercury), and quickly realised my error. When I signed up to Terra, the first character slot still seemed to be taken with this initial character.

I don't want to lose any of my characters though I do like the idea of going somewhere where everyone has a target painted clearly on their back.

Sherman - Tank (obviously!), Terra
SpellStinger - APU, Uranus

LiL T
10-06-05, 10:39
A strange question (*n00by mode entered*)...

If I have 4 active characters on Terra, would any of those slots be affected if I also wanted to play on Mercury? When I first signed up for NC2 I accidentally created a character on one of the German servers (may well have been Mercury), and quickly realised my error. When I signed up to Terra, the first character slot still seemed to be taken with this initial character.

I don't want to lose any of my characters though I do like the idea of going somewhere where everyone has a target painted clearly on their back.

Sherman - Tank (obviously!), Terra
SpellStinger - APU, Uranus Nope you can have all servers filled with characters in all slots, they all seperate

Njall
10-06-05, 10:47
I would use the French servers give them the option to transfer out and leave it at a 2 slotted server but don't allow a transfer to that server.
You really hate french players :p
I played on Terra and I play on Pandore. If Pandore become a pvp server and if I have to transfer my characters on Terra, I think the "cancel account" button will be of great help.

tradeskillers will not be able to ignore the faction standings
You mean they won't be able to ignore all these HLs and CSs ? :D

netster
10-06-05, 11:45
i'll open my Toyshop there soonage, finally to get some stuff off there for stuff on Terra :)

numb
10-06-05, 12:27
I will definitely be going there. If they put belts in (as some people have been suggesting), I doubt I'll bother because it's not really going to be a great deal different to how NC works currently. A lot of the fun of NC disappeared for me when belts were introduced.

Who cares if you lose a gun because you get killed by a mob. Maybe a mate could pick it up for you. Or maybe you should NOT get yourself killed by the mob in the first place! In my opinion, the fun comes from actually taking the risks.

I'll probably make a PE on mercury. I really like my HC PE atm (although I expect I'll make a pistol one) and they level a lot quicker than the other classes.

Ozzon
10-06-05, 12:30
I'm going there! no belts and no safe zones, thats like heaven! I just hope the population will be ok... :eek:

netster
10-06-05, 12:31
I will definitely be going there. If they put belts in (as some people have been suggesting), I doubt I'll bother because it's not really going to be a great deal different to how NC works currently. A lot of the fun of NC disappeared for me when belts were introduced..
i'll be obliberating arround ..... everywhere to pick stuff up ;D

Mechanicus
10-06-05, 12:37
im making a droner/constructor and a pistol PE, so far their at xx/27 and xx/17

numb
10-06-05, 12:53
i'll be obliberating arround ..... everywhere to pick stuff up ;D

Only a matter of time before you make a mistake and drop that obliterator :)

Dargeshaad
10-06-05, 13:01
Who cares if you lose a gun because you get killed by a mob. Maybe a mate could pick it up for you. Or maybe you should NOT get yourself killed by the mob in the first place! In my opinion, the fun comes from actually taking the risks.

Yet another reason why there'll most likely be more PPUs than on any other server :|

CMaster
10-06-05, 13:03
Another thing we'd like to clarify is that the decision to use Mercury as PvP server is not definite. We have been exploring other options and will continue to do so. Apparently there are already people rushing to Mercury to level new characters, this may be a wasted effort. Once a final decision has been made, it will be announced with more than enough time to prepare for the actual release of the PvP Server.
Well, what do you make of that?

Jesterthegreat
10-06-05, 13:30
Well, what do you make of that?

what? a plan file that *might* not happen?

you're kidding me! :p

landofcake
10-06-05, 13:48
I'll probably start a Pistol Spy there ... well ... i already have done, but haven't leveled him yet :P

Jesterthegreat
10-06-05, 13:50
tbh even if it doesnt happen i am gonna play there...

standing in p1 as an LE'd nib... 10 ( yes 10) un LE'd guys standin there unbuffed...

they will soon learn to be prepared in an anarchy zone.

the level of skill seems somewhat different to Terra too...

i watched Roger Ramjet fight 2 ppu's, 2 tanks, 2 spies and 2 PE's at once... on his own... he dropped 2-3 then only left cos his SL was red.

then he did the exact same thing on a BoC using melee tank, but this time they had an APU too!

Cor
10-06-05, 14:16
You really hate french players :p
I played on Terra and I play on Pandore. If Pandore become a pvp server and if I have to transfer my characters on Terra, I think the "cancel account" button will be of great help.

No, I don't hate the French, it's just that server is so low in population use that one for pvp. Maybe most of French people may stay on it anyway.

ROZZER187
10-06-05, 14:16
makin a pe there anyway, already found my first people im makin kos for the nice welcome of ''any none german people will be stopped from lvling''

''no english people allowed,german only''

and some nib rifle spy who camped the mobs in aggies so we couldn't lvl, hence me making a char and taking the le out, attacking him and he killed me, came back and attacked him again....he set kills self half way through :lol: he think im gonna loose sl or somethin??

anywayzzz thanks for the welcome guys look forward to killing you soon.

greets
roz

Bugs Gunny
10-06-05, 14:42
It's heartwarming to see we're being received with such hospitality.
Even if KK doesn't make mercury the pvp server it now has a bunch of internat hardcore pvpers leveling up there, which i doubt will go away soon once they see how it's apparently lambs to the slaughter there.

Nothing beats inviting a bullet in the but like:

new guy:"Hello everyone i'm from terra"
Mercurian:"Fuck off, go home we don't want you here."

Edit: I wonder if i make my character's name "HERMAN ZE GERMAN" will be allowed.

CMaster
10-06-05, 14:45
Hell, I'm a nice guy, but all the absue I am getting - even when I say I sympathise and try to be nice, makes me want to level my Pistol PE (and preferably a PPU/APU team) up and go around slaughtering all BAD.

Nullvoid
10-06-05, 14:50
Methinks KK shouldn't have mentioned the word Mercury in the planfile until their plans for the server were more set in stone. All this angst is totally unnecessary.

Selendor
10-06-05, 15:50
Totally agree, KK should have mentioned no server, just the intention. And, as Thanatos has suggested, they are already climbing down a little on this bold plan.

Digital-Talios
10-06-05, 15:55
definitly not...

Tidus_Origin
10-06-05, 21:56
I took a look on Mercury, and already, they're making a petition against Mercury being turned into a PvP server, so I thought I'd bring it to ur attention...

Achtung! Aktive Unterschriftensammlung gegen den PvP server unter www.cityangels.de in Zusammenarbeit mit <list of clan tags supporting the petition>! Bitte Voten und Link weitersagen. Danke!

Basically (afaik) it says "Attention! Active collection of signatures against the PvP server at cityangels.de, in co-operation with <list of clan tags supporting the petition*>! Please visit the link and vote! Thanks!"

((note: I'm not claiming to be a master at speaking/translating/reading the German language. Thats why I used altavista. :lol: :D ))

But I agree that KK shouldn't have made any mention on the subject of which server they were gonna use for the PvP until it had all been decided.

( * = BAD, TnT, ZTL, LR & JM )

Tostino
10-06-05, 22:17
I am gona be making a noob char there when I get home. Which side has more people on Merc? ^^

E. Cryton
10-06-05, 22:20
staying on terra, dont really want to lvl another char.

Bugs Gunny
11-06-05, 00:03
I am gona be making a noob char there when I get home. Which side has more people on Merc? ^^

Now that's what i call a bandwagon question :-)

Morganth
11-06-05, 00:31

Or it could be a balance question? I'd rather balance the server out than have Terra 2.

Tostino
11-06-05, 00:59
I would be joining the side that has less people dip shit.

her.
11-06-05, 03:13
I would be joining the side that has less people dip shit.
yea me too

Now that's what i call a bandwagon question :-) there goes bugs tryin to assume shit again... :rolleyes:

naimex
11-06-05, 04:29
I have a soft pillow on my chair atm...

(meaning, I´m staying where I am).

trigger hurt
11-06-05, 04:42
Hell, I'm a nice guy, but all the absue I am getting - even when I say I sympathise and try to be nice, makes me want to level my Pistol PE (and preferably a PPU/APU team) up and go around slaughtering all BAD.

lol. BAD. isnt that the clan that was formed from a bunch of ASEN guys who ran to FA cause they couldn't hack it in TG? I think it is. If they're on that server, I do beleive i've found a reason to play neocron again.

LiL T
11-06-05, 05:16
Quite simply they don't want it to be made an international server, it has nothing to do with it becoming a PVP server. They just don't want to see us playing on there server and clan BAD was ASEN now I come to think of it. Asen was the same on saturn killing all not german in TG one of the reasons I left and joined BD

ArthurDent2k
11-06-05, 11:08
Now Lil T I I just want to clarify a few Things if you don't mind...

I'm one of the sold-out Mercurians and what you assume in your previous Post is simply WRONG.

Sure, we don't like the Idea of being turned into an international Server (Hell,how 'd you like being told your new language is supposed to be german??) but that's not the point.
Over the last few weeks there was an increase on english-speaking Chars on Merc. So what? There weren't any problems, people got the help they wanted/needed and good, new faces are good for Merc be they english or german.
The point is that people on Merc are (or have been?) a community focussing on RP. I don't know if you ever heard of the Crahn-Clan Just Muh...they're focussing on PvP/OpWar and left to terra few days ago BECAUSE only a few peeps on Merc were really interested in fighting.
Now,KK made its move and told us we're gonna be a PvP-Server with changed rules,making our Traderlifes virtually impossible and not (yet) offering an adequate alternative.
So, how would you react? Wouldn't you scream and do anything to stop a total transformation of the world you live in? Is it really so hard to understand how we feel?

To put it short: It's ALL :eek: about becoming a PvP-Server. People on Merc may react a bit harshe atm but i think thats understandable isn't it?

Greetings

Ford Prefect

/edit: Excuse my english please, I'm a bit upset right now and english's not my native tounge :angel:

LiL T
11-06-05, 11:32
fine.

But why would KK put through popular reqest we will be changing the rule set on the merc server to that of pure PVP. When your saying its a pure RP server I just don't get it

Jesterthegreat
11-06-05, 11:56
Over the last few weeks there was an increase on english-speaking Chars on Merc. So what? There weren't any problems, people got the help they wanted/needed and good, new faces are good for Merc be they english or german.

haha... your a funny guy.

people saying they will kill us for [insert racist reason that i wont mention here]

people saying they wont research / construct for [insert racist reason here]

people campping aggies with a HL to stop us leveling because [insert racist reason here]

please... the group of people that arent bothered by terrans on merc seems extremely small... and to say its the whole community is just stupid.

fschepper
11-06-05, 12:10
haha... your a funny guy.

people saying they will kill us for [insert racist reason that i wont mention here]

people saying they wont research / construct for [insert racist reason here]

people campping aggies with a HL to stop us leveling because [insert racist reason here]

please... the group of people that arent bothered by terrans on merc seems extremely small... and to say its the whole community is just stupid.

He talked about the past few weeks...
..not the two days since release of the planfile...

And if you don't like the com, don't play there..

Jesterthegreat
11-06-05, 12:13
He talked about the past few weeks...
..not the two days since release of the planfile...

And if you don't like the com, don't play there..

1. days are IN weeks... the last for WEEKS includes the last few DAYS

2. if i found out people were exploiting... should i just quit?

i think i'll stay... i'll cap... and i'll PvP regardless of whether these changes take place.

if you dont like that, you can play mars.

CMaster
11-06-05, 12:59
Now Lil T I I just want to clarify a few Things if you don't mind...

I'm one of the sold-out Mercurians and what you assume in your previous Post is simply WRONG.

Sure, we don't like the Idea of being turned into an international Server (Hell,how 'd you like being told your new language is supposed to be german??) but that's not the point.
The point is that people on Merc are (or have been?) a community focussing on RP. I don't know if you ever heard of the Crahn-Clan Just Muh...they're focussing on PvP/OpWar and left to terra few days ago BECAUSE only a few peeps on Merc were really interested in fighting.
Now,KK made its move and told us we're gonna be a PvP-Server with changed rules,making our Traderlifes virtually impossible and not (yet) offering an adequate alternative.
So, how would you react? Wouldn't you scream and do anything to stop a total transformation of the world you live in? Is it really so hard to understand how we feel?

To put it short: It's ALL :eek: about becoming a PvP-Server. People on Merc may react a bit harshe atm but i think thats understandable isn't it?

Greetings

Ford Prefect

/edit: Excuse my english please, I'm a bit upset right now and english's not my native tounge :angel:

Your english is very good. However, you seem to fail to understand the rampant xenophobia english-speakers have faced on Merc. I understand that you must be upset about the plans for your server, and so hence plans like that petition are all very good. However, having people lame every english player we see is shocking. We are told "english will not get tradeskillers". "All english are KoS". "No english or french on mercury - for germans only". [ edited ] I was sat in NEXT HQ tradeskilling, and told to "piss off". Now you see, I can understand being upset by KK's plans... but one of the few things that I really can't stand is intolerance. [ edited ] thankyou very much.

Jesterthegreat
11-06-05, 13:04
Hallo Merc - Player
Wie alle bereits das Planetfile gelesen haben soll Mercury zu einem PvP Server werden.
Durch diese Bekanntmachung habe ich als Leaderin sofort ein Leadermeeting in meinem Teamspeak Server einberufen.
Vertreten waren die Leader oder deren Co-Leader:
BAD / CA, ZTL / Next, LR / FA, JM / TG, TnT / Proto sowie Henry Dorsett, Jack Red und Arbiter
Die Anwesenden Personen waren alle, die GMs und CityGouvernors ausgenommen, gegen Planfile.6 was die Sache zum PvP Serverwechsel angeht.
Sollte KK durchgreifen und wirklich Mercury zu einem PvP Server umstrukturieren werden diese mit ihrem Großteil
(siehe Unterschriftensammlung unten)deren Clanmember die Acc kündigen.
Wir haben ausgibig im TS über alles gesprochen und haben auf Anrat von Arbiter und Henry deswegen in unserem Forum eine Unterschriftensammlung einberufen.
Wer gegen den PvP Server ist möge bitte kurz unten einfach einen seiner Charnamen posten (bei mehreren Acc halt je einen Hauptchar dessen Acc`s)

P.S. Einzelemails/Spammails an KK bringen uns nicht weiter also laßt bitte Einzelmails und Unterschreibt bitte unten kurz.
Um möglichst viele Unterschriften zu sammeln,gebt bitte unseren HP -Link weiter an andere und weist diese auf unsere Unterschriftensammlung hin.Je mehr wir haben, desto besser ist das

Disskusionen bitte in einem neuen Post,hier geht es nur allein um Unterschriften.Alles andere wird von uns gelöscht Ausrufezeichen

roughly translated to (Babel Fish):

Hello Merc - Player like all the planet file to have already read is to become Mercury a PvP server. By this proclamation I immediately called up servers as Leaderin a Leadermeeting in my team peak. The Leader or their CO-Leader was represented: BATH/APPROX., ZTL/NEXT one, LR/COMPANY, JM/TG, TNT/Proto as well as Henry Dorsett, Jack talk and Arbiter the present persons were everything, which concerns GMs and CityGouvernors excluded, against Planfile.6 which the thing to the PvP server change. KK should reach and Mercury to a PvP server will really restructure these through with its majority (see collection of signatures unten)deren to Clanmember the Acc to quit. We spoke a collection of signatures ausgibig in the TS about everything and to have on let us recommend from Arbiter and Henry therefore in our forum called up. Who against the PvP server is please briefly down simple likes one its Charnamen post (with several Acc stop ever a Hauptchar its Acc`s) P.S. Einzelemails/Spammails at KK do not continue to bring us thus leave please Einzelmails and sign please down briefly. In order to collect as much as possible signatures, continue to give please our HP left to others and point this to our collection of signatures hin.Je more we have, the better is that Disskusionen please in new post office, here goes it only alone around all different one by us is deleted to exclamation marks

anyone wanna get a petition together to support a pvp server?

fschepper
11-06-05, 13:21
(..)
anyone wanna get a petition together to support a pvp server?

As long as its a new & empty server and not existing merc you'll get my vote...

trigger hurt
11-06-05, 14:13
Your english is very good. However, you seem to fail to understand the rampant xenophobia english-speakers have faced on Merc. I understand that you must be upset about the plans for your server, and so hence plans like that petition are all very good. However, having people lame every english player we see is shocking. We are told "english will not get tradeskillers". "All english are KoS". "No english or french on mercury - for germans only". [ edited ] I was sat in NEXT HQ tradeskilling, and told to "piss off". Now you see, I can understand being upset by KK's plans... but one of the few things that I really can't stand is intolerance. [ edited ] thankyou very much.

First things first.

Please stop calling a dislike of ones nationality "racism". Chances are, you are caucasian. Chances are, they are caucasian. It has nothing to do with race, what-so-ever. I always find it funny when you people pull the race card and it has absolutly nothing to do with race. You wanna talk about racism? Racism is the looks I get from white people and black people while walking around the mall with my fiancee and her daughter because they are both black and I am white. They aren't looking at me like that cause I'm a fucking american.

Second. I can see not wanting to become the pvp server, but we didnt make the decision. [ edited ] were a joke on saturn. I'm sure they are an even bigger laugh now, so mustering 5 or 6 people to dessimate their entire fighting force won't be difficult. Eventually, they'll get tired of it all and go into hiding.

Jesterthegreat
11-06-05, 14:37
As long as its a new & empty server and not existing merc you'll get my vote...

i'd prefer a new one... but theres barely the population to justify the servers we got, so i dont see that happening.

Nidhogg
11-06-05, 14:43
Do not mention any more clans (or players). If you have a complaint then take it up with them in-game. If you feel that they are griefing them email abuse@neocron.com.

To clarify, it's a breach of the Rules of Conduct:
You may not use any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable language toward any other player.

N

LiL T
11-06-05, 14:44
humm lvl 34 Dex now... will I just quit now ?

Nope I think I'll stay regaurdless of what happens with that server because I can, I will never use bad langage on that server. I'll never insult anyone I won't break any rules, I'll just kill who ever I want for fun, if people on merc don't like that. They best use the LE chip.....

fschepper
11-06-05, 14:44
(..)
Eventually, they'll get tired of it all and go into hiding.

If you mean "leave the game and never come back" with "hiding", you might be right.. There are a lot of mercury players who will leave if kk changes their server into hardcore-pvp.. there is no real option for them to transfer their chars to another server... mars only has 1 slot & terra has english language & a very different style of play..

tbh even if it doesnt happen i am gonna play there...
standing in p1 as an LE'd nib... 10 un LE'd guys standin there unbuffed...
they will soon learn to be prepared in an anarchy zone.
(..)

.. you know... maybe the players on merc like the fact, that it is possible to be unbuffed in Neocron... Hope you'll have fun, destroying what they like...

(..)
i watched Roger Ramjet fight 2 ppu's, 2 tanks, 2 spies and 2 PE's at once... on his own... he dropped 2-3 then only left cos his SL was red.

(..)
I'll just kill who ever I want for fun, if people on merc don't like that. They best use the LE chip.....

Simply by playing the terra style on mercury people already destroy, what made mercury worth playing... and you are complaining about the unfriendly players?

Njall
11-06-05, 14:54

There are a lot of mercury players who will leave if kk changes their server into hardcore-pvp.. there is no real option for them to transfer their chars to another server... mars only has 1 slot & terra has english language & a very different style of play..
Pandore has 2 slots and is focussing on RP :)
(and we need players ;) )

CMaster
11-06-05, 15:11
First things first.

Please stop calling a dislike of ones nationality "racism". Chances are, you are caucasian. Chances are, they are caucasian. It has nothing to do with race, what-so-ever. I always find it funny when you people pull the race card and it has absolutly nothing to do with race. You wanna talk about racism? Racism is the looks I get from white people and black people while walking around the mall with my fiancee and her daughter because they are both black and I am white. They aren't looking at me like that cause I'm a fucking american.

Yes, sorry, that error annoyss me too - but hte term "nationalism" has other connotactions... Its xenophobia anyway.

Jesterthegreat
11-06-05, 16:26
If you mean "leave the game and never come back" with "hiding", you might be right.. There are a lot of mercury players who will leave if kk changes their server into hardcore-pvp.. there is no real option for them to transfer their chars to another server... mars only has 1 slot & terra has english language & a very different style of play..

.. you know... maybe the players on merc like the fact, that it is possible to be unbuffed in Neocron... Hope you'll have fun, destroying what they like...

Simply by playing the terra style on mercury people already destroy, what made mercury worth playing... and you are complaining about the unfriendly players?

i started off with some sympathy... then the reason that english players are being edited for harrassment happened.

if people wanna be asses, they can expect the same back. do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

i will cap there, i will pk there, and even if the server doesnt become an RP server... pking breaks no rules so theres nothing you can do about it.

would i prefer a new server for the pvp server? yes. but it doesnt seem like thats what we are getting. you wanna RP? feel free however dont RP a whiner who sits in an anarchy zone undefended. i have seen CA and TG working together to kill the newer players. thats the leet RP of merc? i have been told "TG and CA work together to kill [new players]" note... the [new players] is a non-rule breaking version of what they actually said.

Hellmag
11-06-05, 16:46
Just a little thought.

Why not make Terra the PvP server. It already has the most PvP dedicated players. And then make all the other servers international (maybe with another secondary lang like Ger or Fre).
And give all players a onetime option of transferring chars between servers.

CMaster
11-06-05, 16:49
If terra is to be the PvP server, then let me move to merc - and make their attitude improve.

Hellmag
11-06-05, 16:51
That's about what I want too, and I think the Mercurians are more welcome to a more RP oriented immigration population, regardless of nationality.

Am I right?

Jesterthegreat
11-06-05, 18:15
i would prefer people got the chance to move there / away if it uses an existing server.

if it uses a new server i dont care if its new or transferable chars.

as long as everyone gets the same choice... its all good.

eprodigy
11-06-05, 19:02
[maturity off]i just find it fun to annoy the people on mercury (german or otherwise). whether or not this becomes a PVP server im still going there for some fun =)[/maturity on]

a4nic8er
12-06-05, 03:46
Currently 73.5% of the vote is for "Definitely not" or "Not sure/abstain"

Seems the point is moot huh?

Jesterthegreat
12-06-05, 11:13
bear in mind that percentage isnt the whole community.

its the percentage of people who voted, out of the percentage of people who read the thread, out of the percentage of people who read the forums.

RogerRamjet
13-06-05, 16:22
When i first moved to that server i didnt have anything xenophobic said to me, however after killing some guys (in a drunken stuper) i still didnt recieve any, and i talked to a few guys for a while afterwards. Seems it depends on who you talk to.

(I think its the first time my pvp adventured have been recognised, shame it was allied killing).

Original monk
13-06-05, 16:33
i would like to join in in the discussions, if needed i would like to powerlevel a char on mercury ... but till now i dont know:

if mercury will be the pvpserver

if chars would be transferable

what would happen to serverpops ... even more servers and lower pops ? sure this wont draw in extra customers :/

anyway, waiting on new info and following all (sometimes pointless :wtf: ) discussions closeby :)

numb
13-06-05, 17:11
i would like to join in in the discussions, if needed i would like to powerlevel a char on mercury ... but till now i dont know:

what would happen to serverpops ... even more servers and lower pops ? sure this wont draw in extra customers :/

anyway, waiting on new info and following all (sometimes pointless :wtf: ) discussions closeby :)

Hopefully it will draw in some old customers. I know quite a lot of people who left because of the PvP nerfs. Hopefully some of them will come back to try it out.

Xylaz
13-06-05, 17:12

yup that pretty much sums up whole discussion.

Few days after announcement i'm not that much enthusiastic as before: lets wait and see, they got 3 weeks - cause first i'd like to make sure it isnt another of KK lies. I could brainstorm few ideas for KK to consideration but first i want to know its not a fake.
Kinda wierd that there is no info about mercurians unfortunate situation, no info about char transfers, no info about anything. As usual i guess.

Lets just wait and see.

Jesterthegreat
13-06-05, 19:21
PvP server may bring back people...

if they added the old faction relations into things it may bring back more...

of course there are complications with any idea :p

Ch1n Th3 M4g
13-06-05, 20:56
i went to check out my char on merc.
asked when the change was happening....bad idear :D
never had been flammed so much.....ever...!! :eek:
and dont keep asking if they flame u....it just makes it worse :p
i def moving there......they called me a nib >.<
im gonna show em

:p

M

Jesterthegreat
13-06-05, 21:00
i went to check out my char on merc.
asked when the change was happening....bad idear :D
never had been flammed so much.....ever...!! :eek:
and dont keep asking if they flame u....it just makes it worse :p
i def moving there......they called me a nib >.<
im gonna show em

:p

M

it looks like it will be fun. they dont have any fear of pkers yet.

Ch1n Th3 M4g
13-06-05, 21:05
it looks like it will be fun. they dont have any fear of pkers yet.

i think we can solve that problem jester :p

p.s the whole *ignore english noob* thing is there own down fall tbh.
1. no 1 talks like that ( its just fucking stupid)
2.no 1 but NO 1 ignores this "english noob" i think ive made my self clear
many times b4 on trade. ;) :angel: :lol: :p

Jesterthegreat
13-06-05, 21:07
i think we can solve that problem jester :p

p.s the whole *ignore english noob* thing is there own down fall tbh.
1. no 1 talks like that ( its just fucking stupid)
2.no 1 but NO 1 ignores this "english noob" i think ive made my self clear
many times b4 on trade. ;) :angel: :lol: :p

you got a caped pe there right? my pe is close to 50 dex now...

Ch1n Th3 M4g
13-06-05, 21:08
you got a caped pe there right? my pe is close to 50 dex now...
yeah Dr magnason is rdy 2 pk....i mean pvp :rolleyes:

Jesterthegreat
13-06-05, 21:11
yeah Dr magnason is rdy 2 pk....i mean pvp :rolleyes:

well plaza 1 tends to have 5+ unLE'd guys... have fun til we cap too :p

oh and chops has a capped tank and a high pe there i think :p

Ch1n Th3 M4g
13-06-05, 21:15
well plaza 1 tends to have 5+ unLE'd guys... have fun til we cap too :p

oh and chops has a capped tank and a high pe there i think :p
my pe's crahn atm
just need 2 decide a faction....merc's maybe

WHO WANTS TO JOIN VENOM (The re-return /Merc)
all pkers welcome,u just need 2 be able 2 pk....thats it....nothing more :D

Jesterthegreat
13-06-05, 21:35
aye we are all plannin to go merc for the easy access to the cities.

roger ramjet has a capped (except con) pe and a high melee tank, i have eric's act details while hes off playing planetside... ill prolly activate them both after payday. at least one account has 4 chars on merc... hope they are good ;)