PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help me with a connection problem i'm having?

Mechanicus
10-06-05, 00:42
For the last month on roughly regular intervals of 2-3 minutes my connection keeps disconnecting for 10-30 seconds, when browing webpages this doesnt really do more than cause me to have to click refresh to load a webpage once in a while but when playing online games (such as neocron) it disconnects me from the game EVERY TIME it disconnects and i cant reconnect for the 10-30 seconds (sometimes more) that its disconnected for. I'm sure you can imagine how irritating this is, its impossible to play any online games.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Does anybody know how to fix it?

Does antbody know whats causing it?
I dont think it could be a virus or anything like that as my house has a network of 4 computers linked via a modem/router and all lose connection at the exact same moment, so it looks to me like its a connection issue or an issue with the router.

The router is a Netgear DG814

The connection is a Broadband 512k Monthly ADSL connection that i've had for years (and has worked fine for years) with Wanadoo (when i signed up for this connection it was freeserve)
I'm using windows XP sp2 but on the same network are 2 windows xp installs patched to some other level and a Mac G5 with whatever crappy OS mac runs that are all having the same problems
If you know how to solve this then PLEASE help me, its been driving me insane!

Dargeshaad
10-06-05, 01:29
Try upgrading your firmware on the router

Mechanicus
10-06-05, 01:43
tryed that

netster
10-06-05, 07:05
check somehow, if u can connect a computer to the modem, without the router. if it works fine, router is broken. if u see the line is wakky even with just the computer on it, its time to call your line-company.