PDA

View Full Version : Neocron 2 Planfile #2

Pages : [1] 2

Holger Nathrath
09-06-05, 18:01
Dear Community,

we have published a new Planfile (http://cp.neocron.com/5/planfiles?id=110&lang=en&) for Neocron 2. We hope you enjoy the read, feel free to discuss it in this thread.

Thank you!

Updated with Thanatos' statement from later on in this thread:

We'd like to clarify that not everything concerning the PvP Server is set in stone. We are evaluating the comments and suggestions made by the community concerning the ruleset of this server and will be adjusting the ruleset accordingly. We will release more specifics of the ruleset soon enough.

Another thing we'd like to clarify is that the decision to use Mercury as PvP server is not definite. We have been exploring other options and will continue to do so. Apparently there are already people rushing to Mercury to level new characters, this may be a wasted effort. Once a final decision has been made, it will be announced with more than enough time to prepare for the actual release of the PvP Server.

There also seems to be some confusion about the role of the Neocronicle, respectively the Voice of the Resistance portals. VotR will not be closed, it will co-exist with the Neocronicle portal. We have updated the plan file to clarify this.

[TgR]KILLER
09-06-05, 18:05
oh gosh.. making merc into a pure pvp server..

gues we'll get a char transfer thing there again tho ? for people from other servers who want to go to merc. and esp for people for merc who want to play normally and go to terra / mars.

outfitter = t3h win.

item tracking.. well would say about time but thats negative. but good that its finally working.

BaDDaSS
09-06-05, 18:06
Some very nice news indeed.

CMaster
09-06-05, 18:08
Wow, I'm expecting to see terra's population plummet sa everyone hops over to mercury. It'd be nice to see hints of more conent as well, but hey, good to hear something.
Oh, and sex @ outfitters.

Dribble Joy
09-06-05, 18:08
Seems merc will be 'gank' rather than PvP though....

Tostino
09-06-05, 18:11
I love you long time...
Edit:
The following item types are being tracked:

* Weapons, PSI modules, implants and tools over TL 80

You know how pissed I was when my Blessed hybrids QB was gone when I loged in one day?? All of those spells were under tl 65 but they are what the most power full solo class in the game uses... I say track ALL psi stuff and only guns TL 50 and over.

[TgR]KILLER
09-06-05, 18:12
Seems merc will be 'gank' rather than PvP though....

just crossed my mind to.

but all those 20 uber gankers that keep asking for it ( even if half of em is banned nowadays ) will have their server without qb and drop only and god knows what. lucky i haven't leveled my merc char that far now no use to it lol. no savezones well at least there is still your app. but leveling will be next to impossible imho. tho i gues you still have LE don't see that taken out. tradeskillers will have some fun to without savezones to work in.

never was my kind of idea glad they fuxing a german server up not terra ;x

@ Tostino

they never liked hybs get used to it ;) nah i think they took this sollution because tracking everything would make the database and server load huge. at least that was the reason i heard. they just don't have the resoures to check everything.

Dribble Joy
09-06-05, 18:18
People will just have LEed tradeskillers in TH. Or wherever.

Mechanicus
09-06-05, 18:18
yeah i dont think i'm gonna play merc as a main server, it would just be so frustrating as barely anybody is gonna risk running solo there, its just gonna be big gank squads with mega ppuage

if it were a 1 slot server i would probally make a char there though, wouldnt be so many ppus so some intense skill based fighting with real risks involved should be fun

it looks pretty good though, im sure mercury will bring back some people who have quit

Dribble Joy
09-06-05, 18:23
If I were still a member of a decent sized clan, there was still a safe slot and it was one char, I might consider it, might even move DJ there if I could, but as it stands, DJ is going nowhere.

Selendor
09-06-05, 18:23
Biggest news for Neocron in 2 years. Nice one KK. Even if it screws everything, changing things stirs up people and keeps the game alive.

Two specifics:

Rokkwear! Holy Fucking Christ, excuse my French but thats great news, please tell me you can actually zone now with custom appearances? And does it affect powerarmour too?

PvP Server...hmm. Well I can see this doing two things.

1) Mass popularity and eventually everyone will move there for the action and combination of Ger/Int community.

2) Pkers will be rampant and no real levelling or community will remain. The server could become deserted.

Still, I applaud you trying something different with the game, and look forward to the many threads this announcement will generate!

ps can you forcibly move characters to Mercury if the whole of Terra votes it? A true punishment for repeated ally pk! :angel:

Dribble Joy
09-06-05, 18:27
I still would prefer actual clothes to rokkwear, like another set of slots in the armour window, but maybe that's something for the future.
DJ needs to get out of the MC5 grey suit she has been wearing since NC2 started, and she is a bit wiffy.

CMaster
09-06-05, 18:28
We got a timescale for when the patch is going to arrive?
Oh, and people will just stay LE till cap I guess on merc.

-FN-
09-06-05, 18:30
1. INTERNATIONAL AVAILABILITY OF NEOCRON 2

Awesome :) Advertising is definitely needed!

2. THEME WEEKS

100 points for the "In Development" Page! :)

3. CLIENT STABILITY

Great effort - Hoping to see improvements all across the board for the community.

4. ITEM TRACKING

A-fuckin-men :D

5. OUTFITTER

Hot!

6. PVP SERVER

Are you guys drunk? /me waves goodbye to Terra.

PvP Server = Good
Using an existing server = Bad

- Everyone who already has 4 capped chars there will be at a HUGE advantage.
- Everyone trying to level on Mercury now will be insta-ganked in every zone and lose items like mad, making it not worth the aggravation.
- Now couple it with a multi-slot server, EVERYONE will have a PPU just like Terra.
- Now couple it with fast-rising Soullight, EVERYONE will be allied ganking, even in HQs.

A PvP Server should be a Single-Slot, FRESH server that doesn't have 10,000 PPUs - this is just a bad idea. I'm dead serious, HORRIBLE idea.

If this is truly a PvP server, up the exp gain, up the rarepart drops, and make it two slots (there will need to be Tradeskillers). Don't make people waste their time leveling on a server that is PvP based and not PvM and that will have pretty much no community like the rest of the servers. I really hope you're listening here... :rolleyes:

## EDIT ##

I hope you're removing Para from the guards as well and reducing the number of them - cities should be raidable to encourage PvP.

7. NEOCRONICLE WEB PORTAL

Hope to see something rivaling VotR's site ;)

Tidus_Origin
09-06-05, 18:33
A great read there. Though I do agree with FN when he says that a PvP-only server should be a brand-new server, instead of using Mercury, if only to eliminate the unfair advantage that players currently on Mercury will have (capped chars, full set of rares/epic items, complete PvP setups).

Expensive Furniture

So, anything that isn't a chair, then? :lol: But it is good that everything expensive is being tracked, so ppl can get them back if they lose them to a inventory bug

numb
09-06-05, 18:34
The mercury news is great :) Hope it does something to increase the NC population.

It's a shame tech parts are not being tracked. I'd hate to, for instance, lose an apartment full of techs due to some bug. Actually I'd probably quit if that happen.

Morganth
09-06-05, 18:38
I'm liking everything in the plan-file, not too sure about Mercury though. On one hand, it might draw back some of the older NC players that wanted hardcore PvP action, but I think if it becomes too popular it will drain Terra of what its worth.

However, open up a transfer option from Terra to Mercury and I am sure no one will mind :)

Xephonas
09-06-05, 18:38
maybe it might balance terra abit?

maybe some of the "hardcore" fighters from anti-city will switch to playing mercury all the time.

Not saying city doesn't have good fighters but there's a hell of alot of anti-city

aKe`cj
09-06-05, 18:40
Hope to see something rivaling VotR's site ;)

rivaling ? sounds like replacing in my ears...

Likewise, there will be sections for Neocron and Dome of York. This platform will also be used to support the storyline activities and bring it closer to you, inspiring new activity.

Dribble Joy
09-06-05, 18:41
I think the decision to not track rare parts is due to Db issues, there are afterall, loads of them.

That said, maybe MC5 parts should be tracked (if they fix MC5).

//edit
I wonder how the merc players are going to feel about all the pkers from terra invading their server?

landofcake
09-06-05, 18:51
Woah ... interesting news ...

Thanks for the Rokkwear thing, it makes the difference to people who play characters who cannot/do not wear PA for one reason or another (e.g. my HC PE).

And that news about Mercury sounds great, i can't wait to try it :)

Nidhogg
09-06-05, 18:51
We'll be publishing more details about the PvP server at a later date but in the meantime we will be reading this thread for any comments and suggestions you might have.

N

-FN-
09-06-05, 18:52
I wonder how the merc players are going to feel about all the pkers from terra invading their server?

Maybe the more team/clan-based ones will move to Terra :) We can trade! We'll give them our asshats if we can have their teamplayers ;)

Digital-Talios
09-06-05, 18:53
WooT a PVP server WooT!!! Me thinks some of the Terra riff raff will leave :) I look forward to this greatly but not for me going to the pvp server but clearing out the trash :lol:

Digital-Talios
09-06-05, 18:54
oh i dont suppose KK just make a new server and just give poeple a transfere option? dont know about the logistics but its an interesting idea...

Morganth
09-06-05, 19:04
If FF would be so kind as to fuck off to Mercury, then Terra will be more balanced.

Otherwise, I'd like a transfer option to Mercury so I can send over a care package to any characters I decide to house there :p

Tratos
09-06-05, 19:06
:eek: Holy Shizzle Its Holger :p

First off, i really like the sound of the first paragraph and hope that improvement continues.

Anywhom w00t i say! for the majority of the planfile, finally rokkwear is back hopefully this will allow stacks of new models to also be added to the game (bring back the Afro :p) and lot of new clothes which everyone will be able to use (i hope this is planned, expanding clothing options that is).

Cool on the int release stuff and a bucket of praise for KK for developing an in development page this will hopefully satisfy our information needs :) the rest of the theme weeks info sounds schweet also, hope the work on them kicks off again soon, Client Stability, i really, REALLY hope you guys can use this information and improve the login/sync problems a crap load as i know a hell of a lot of people would return if this happened, my clan left even though they loved the game because of its lack in performance.

Neocronicle.com Woo& Yay! Item Tracking Woo & Yay! \0/

Mercury..... personaly i agree with FN on that it should be a fresh server but apart from that it should be really interesting and it will allow actual Roleplay events to happen without being ruined by those who claim "roll playing is for nibs and carebears!" finally getting the RPG part back into Neocron :) Also with this perhaps some things with the Roleplay system mentioned by Brad latley can be worked on and prove excellent :)

All in all, nice plan file KK :)

EDIT: Nid, might be an idea to make a Mercury Suggestion thread as im sure there will be crap loads, i for one would like to see a transfer option both ways so those who dont want to experience the new mercury can come to Terra and those who do can leave which will make both communitys very, very happy people.

EDIT AGAIN: I've noticed the Theme Week forums are now actualy closed.....perhaps make them read only archives as apposed to just redirecting the link to the homepage...? any reasons for the method taken?

Xylaz
09-06-05, 19:11
oh dear, i can hardly believe at what i just saw...

Mercury baby, here i come :p

Heavyporker
09-06-05, 19:11
Nice, nice.

I certainly do hope there'll be a good transfer option from other servers TO mercury, and from mercury to other servers. A one-time ONLY per account thing, I suppose.

Oh, yes, and forcible transfer if certain people keep using the other servers to just blindly gank people.

And, yes, fuck me, we need advertising. Badly.

-FN-
09-06-05, 19:17
Just wondering if we'll get any info on some of the other topics not mentioned :)

Playershops? (Still vital to the economy due to the faction/item setup methinks)

PayPal?

WoC Items?

Test Server?

Accessories?

PPU Balancing?

And as of recent:

Allied PKing/Soullight System?

Outpost overhauls for 'end-game' players?

The last Community Update had this:

/me command

This won't be a big deal to implement and will be put on the roadmap for a future release.

And now we have it :) Even a short blurb letting us know where these things are would be great.

Xylaz
09-06-05, 19:17
ok suggestion for pvp server:

remove LE chip on mercury

/edit/
and remove ppus... please? if its no safezones then no remote safezones aka ppus as well please...

...i can dream at least...

Black Mamba
09-06-05, 19:19
the only thing that still annoys me is the fact u say the uk realease went well when theres like 1 copy of nc per shop

Tratos
09-06-05, 19:21
Allied PKing/Soullight System?
Pretty much sorted with Mercury changes for major issues although does need tweaking but no where near as much i feel if the Mercury project goes well.

Nullvoid
09-06-05, 19:28
ok I can see they are trying to tap into the Guild Wars-esque style of play with Mercury but oh dear...it just sounds like it will be a gankers heaven...ganking in my eyes isn't PvP(OP wars, duels), it is PK'ing with more than a dash of griefing, a small but vital difference. Altho if it does clear Terra of some of the more irritating players then I guess that isn't a bad thing.

Other than that, thumbs up! Implement this lot within the 3 weeks you state in your planfile and you're finally moving in the right direction...

Xylaz
09-06-05, 19:28
come to think of it - if its a pvp server then remove/decrease the amount of faction guards (and remove para effect) from NC/DOY as well - people should be able to fight attackers on their own instead.

Plight
09-06-05, 19:33
Awesome plan file.

item tracking: LONG OVERDUE
Rocaware: SEX
Everything else, is pretty pimp tight, though I do have my reservations about mercury.

I dont think it will get rid of the asshats on terra, why? Because most just talk shit and only "attempt" to back it up when they have a safe zone or ppu up their ass. They will not go to the new mercury for the simple fact that everyone is "FAIR" game their and they wont be able to just sneak up on a random person and shove a CS up their ass. There is a difference between skilled pvper and asshat (or ganker for that matter). The hardcore pvpers will leave to mercury, the asshats (and gankers) will remain, sorry to sound pescimistic (sp?) but its the truth.

Kudos for the thinking outside the box (though just about every other mmorpg has a pvp server, just took kk a while to get break through ;) )

-FN-
09-06-05, 19:35
ok suggestion for pvp server:

remove LE chip on mercury

/edit/
and remove ppus... please? if its no safezones then no remote safezones aka ppus as well please...

...i can dream at least...

Removing LEs will mean nobody starting there will be able to level to even get to the PvP plane and the existing players will eat everyone alive... o_O

Pretty much sorted with Mercury changes for major issues although does need tweaking but no where near as much i feel if the Mercury project goes well.

Good point :) Scratch that I guess.

Xylaz
09-06-05, 19:37
Removing LEs will mean nobody starting there will be able to level to even get to the PvP plane and the existing players will eat everyone alive... o_O

i will start...

i will lvl...

i will not be eaten alive...

wanna bet?

/edit/ one more suggestion for pvp server, though i hope it is kinda obvious - i hope there will be item drop everywhere, within warzones as well

Nidhogg
09-06-05, 19:39
Could I clear up something with the Neocronicle section at the bottom of the plan file? There won't be a single web portal with pages for both because, well let's just say that the two sides don't exactly get on so they're not likely to share communication resources. ;) The Voice of the Resistance site is already up and running and there will be a new site for the Neocronicle soon. You'll be able to reach either of the portals from banners on the Neocron homepage.

N

Tostino
09-06-05, 19:42
We'll be publishing more details about the PvP server at a later date but in the meantime we will be reading this thread for any comments and suggestions you might have.

N
Ok then. The more that I think about it the better it sounds to have iten tracking on all 2+ slot spells If I lost my PEs 5 slot shelter I would be just about as pissed as if I lost my HL hybrids 4 slot Toxic beam. But one I can get back if I lose in a bug and the other I cant. For "guns" I dont see the need to track any thing low TL beacuse you will not be useing it for long unlike a spell where you can be useing a low TL one when you are caped.

Tratos
09-06-05, 19:46
Ok then. The more that I think about it the better it sounds to have iten tracking on all 2+ slot spells If I lost my PEs 5 slot shelter I would be just about as pissed as if I lost my HL hybrids 4 slot Toxic beam. But one I can get back if I lose in a bug and the other I cant. For "guns" I dont see the need to track any thing low TL beacuse you will not be useing it for long unlike a spell where you can be useing a low TL one when you are caped.
Very very valid point, a completely capped tank still uses a heal for example and if its high slot and its due to a bug thats going to be one pissed tank :)

Jesterthegreat
09-06-05, 19:52
PvP Server = Good
Using an existing server = Bad

- Everyone who already has 4 capped chars there will be at a HUGE advantage.
- Everyone trying to level on Mercury now will be insta-ganked in every zone and lose items like mad, making it not worth the aggravation.
- Now couple it with a multi-slot server, EVERYONE will have a PPU just like Terra.
- Now couple it with fast-rising Soullight, EVERYONE will be allied ganking, even in HQs.

A PvP Server should be a Single-Slot, FRESH server that doesn't have 10,000 PPUs - this is just a bad idea. I'm dead serious, HORRIBLE idea.

If this is truly a PvP server, up the exp gain, up the rarepart drops, and make it two slots (there will need to be Tradeskillers). Don't make people waste their time leveling on a server that is PvP based and not PvM and that will have pretty much no community like the rest of the servers. I really hope you're listening here... :rolleyes:

## EDIT ##

I hope you're removing Para from the guards as well and reducing the number of them - cities should be raidable to encourage PvP.

make a new 2 slot server.

dont give the germans the advantage of having 4 full capped chars. as it is the germans seem to get the servers that dont get rolled back and dont go down randomly (unless we all do)... they have enough advantages

:edit: if these people get the 4 chars fully capped advantage can we get some kinda char move / clone feature to move the chars we spent ages leveling from a server thats about to die?

Xylaz
09-06-05, 20:01
oh sheesh, stop whining you all bad evil pkers. With your uber skills you will pwn all mercurians even as 10/10 so it doesnt matter dont you think?

Besides, its neptune idea reincarnated! Ironically enough, i view this as an opportunity to actually roleplay in the world of NC. This could be real roleplay server, with real consequences (finally). You should jump like happy bunnies and you just whining...

Of course, knowing KK they will screw up something, thats why i'm spamming those uber ideas :p

- remove LE chips
- remove ppus (remote safezones)
- remove guards
- remove para
- allow item drops within the warzones
- transfer char option would be nice too, but i can live without it, if its a big no-no (lvling is fun with all those pkers around lurking in the corners :p)

Hell-demon
09-06-05, 20:06
I see some dark times ahead...

So I've made a list of pros and cons

Pro:

-A nice PVP server which people have wanted for a long time (Remember the fabled neptune server?)

-Less PK idiots spamming trade channels saying "You are a gay n00b you suck balls" "ya momma sucks balls" "You all suck balls now shut up!"

-Huge high numbered PK clans will move to Mercury creating some equilibrium on Terra

-More roleplay perhaps?

Con:

-Terra population will plummet. A large majority of Terra are pkers. And so Terra changes its name to Pluto.

-Less community members. People who stand out in the community may go to the new server and spend less time on Terra.

-Trade famine. Due to the new server people will be off leveling new characters leaving their trade alts on Terra inactive.

-Unless we can transfer chars then the Germans will have a slight advantage. Still hopefully you'll be smart and level with an LE till you cap. But still watch out.... O_o

Dribble Joy
09-06-05, 20:11
This could be real roleplay server, with real consequences (finally).
Not sure how you reach that conclusion... but nm...

Hell-demon
09-06-05, 20:13
I can see it now....

On Mercury instead of capturing outposts people capture tradeskillers :rolleyes:

Xylaz
09-06-05, 20:15
I can see it now....

On Mercury instead of capturing outposts people capture tradeskillers :rolleyes:

the good thing is... nobody will force you nor anyone else to move there...

Hell-demon
09-06-05, 20:17
I'm just interested in the aftermath of Mercurys creation. We can speculate and speculate but when/if it gets here we shall see what effects its going to have overall

Dribble Joy
09-06-05, 20:19
I hope that the other servers don't get carebeared though.

Xylaz
09-06-05, 20:21
yeah i'm interested in it too, lots of promising possibilities.
We'll see about the execution of the idea though, maybe my joy is too early indeed.

Besides, am i right thinking that mercury is going to be pvp server in 3 weeks??? 8|

Hell-demon
09-06-05, 20:21
They will Dribble they will 8|

Next time your in the wastelands you'll see ex members of FF hugging trees :rolleyes:

Dribble Joy
09-06-05, 20:29
Additionally, we are in negotiations with our partners to have more responsibility for the marketing of Neocron2. I hope that we can resolve this issue very soon, allowing us to use more initiative in our product marketing in future.
This is probably the best thing in all of this.
I hope they get more freedom in advertising, especially on web sites.

Terayon
09-06-05, 20:30
If somthing is diffrent about ppu's on mercury ide probably switch.

Riddle
09-06-05, 20:32
Nice to finally see some information coming out :) good to see I may get to change my clothes, their rather smelly after nearly a year wearing them.

Mercury is one way to clear the trash from Terra :P

In fact go one step further! Use it as a Prison planet, so any player, on any server who constantly ganks noobs or allieds gets transported there to fight every day for there own existence :)

This would add a good storyline and at the same time be a valid deterence to allied,noob ganking more than the current SL. :lol:

Hell-demon
09-06-05, 20:35
I'm a negative thinker and I can trust KK with promises as much as I can trust my penis with a Tai hooker. Remember the PvP server Neptune was promised and never delivered.

On the other hand I have some faith. But I also think that there wont be a major population shift. In essence Mercury is like every other server just with a few tweaks. We dont have many safe zones as it is anyway now we have faction HQs and TH thats it. Only time will tell I guess :eek:

Dribble Joy
09-06-05, 20:42
I'd rather not see a prison planet, we need a reorg of the SL/symp system really.

Ryen
09-06-05, 20:42
Not to rain on the parade, but you still have a few things left to do from the first plan file. Although, in your defense, you have finished almost every one of those things (with the horrible, horrible exception of player owned shops).

Reading now....

All in all, it seems good. Thank god this planfile is based more around bugfixing. I am really, really happy you guys finally got your heads out of your asses and relized that this game needs to be fixed before content is added.

But there is one noticable exception, click2pay is still going to be used.

Hell-demon
09-06-05, 20:43
I'd say Kk have cheated death for about another 6 months :)

What! My best shot at optimism :rolleyes:

Dribble Joy
09-06-05, 20:46
KK can't ditch c2p, we know that now.

Odin
09-06-05, 20:55

That's unavoidable.

I'm a negative thinker and I can trust KK with promises as much as I can trust my penis with a Tai hooker. Remember the PvP server Neptune was promised and never delivered.

You forget the terms of that promise. What was specifically said was that neptune would come on a new server "if" the server populations rised to reach such. It never did hence why it didn't come.

Brammers
09-06-05, 20:57
Good to see a small plan file, which covers...the future for the next 2 patches, with very little of the other issues addressed. FN has raised all of them, so I wont bother repeating them, except for one which I don't think he mentioned - Storyline!

Unfortunatly with the big unexpected news of the PvP server getting everyone's attention, this will probably mean the missing issues will be swept under the carpet.

Edit: One thiing I will say it's good news to see the item tracking working, and the Outfitter are getting sorted.

Jesterthegreat
09-06-05, 21:01
i'll be most active on merc... either everyone starting from scratch, or everyone being able to xfer chars would be good... but i already rolled my pistol PE there now and am hunting for wire junk to make a medicant uzi as we speak.

[TgR]KILLER
09-06-05, 21:03
just been reading the german thread. gosh if kk don't make an char switch pos they will lose a shitload of people. half the clans and people on merc don't want this mindless ganking on their server. and then if there is a char switch forsee some of them still leaving.

simply cause its a pure german server half doesn't want to move to terra since its more english and mars is a 1 slot server so they have to ditch 3 chars...

as said somewere in there to kk should make a new server but that is impossible since they have to buy it and that costs loads of cash they don't have.

-FN-
09-06-05, 21:04
KILLER']as said somewere in there to kk should make a new server but that is impossible since they have to buy it and that costs loads of cash they don't have.

Y'know... as if everyone forgot... NC1 servers are still running O_o Looks like a good hardware resource to use for a new 2-Slot PvP server...

Odin
09-06-05, 21:07
Y'know... as if everyone forgot... NC1 servers are still running O_o Looks like a good hardware resource to use for a new 2-Slot PvP server...

With the shape those servers are in. Helllllll no. ;)

[TgR]KILLER
09-06-05, 21:09
With the shape those servers are in. Helllllll no. ;)

yea FN as odin said.

only server still up as far as i know is uranus. and even that is down atm for the second time this month ( wasn't it down for weeks last time ? )

NC2 got brand new servers. i'll leave the guessing for what reason to you shouldn't be to hard your smart ;)

Jesterthegreat
09-06-05, 21:13
yeah... nc2 servers are so stable...

Brammers
09-06-05, 21:29
What's happened to the Hacknet Themeweek forums...they seem to have vanished? :eek:

Tratos
09-06-05, 21:32
What's happened to the Hacknet Themeweek forums...they seem to have vanished? :eek:
Tis to do with the theme weeks bit of the planfile i assume.

msdong
09-06-05, 21:37
pvp server ?
is that apus fightin' melee tanks, all with PPU support ? LE traders all around, 2 on every account ?

first everyone will move there. 2 weeks later half of them move back to terra.

Skusty
09-06-05, 21:40
Hate the pvp server idéa, like other said, über gank squads and you cant get rares or lvl :mad: I want NC1 and saturn back :) Or make terra good again :D

Odin
09-06-05, 21:52
I want NC1 and saturn back

You know for all the talk about this NC1 is still there when Uranus decides to not die. The option is there.

Sakletare
09-06-05, 22:14
I'd like to know more about the international release.
As far as i understand you can only get the game if you live in Germany, UK, Greece or Turkey, it's not so "international" with the game only being obtainable in four countries. Perhaps you have american ancestors so you don't know much about the world outside your borders, but there are other countries out there. o_O

You really have to widen your potential customer base by getting the box into shops in other countries and/or reactivate the download option, otherwise you'll commit financial suicide. ASAP!

Dribble Joy
09-06-05, 22:15
You can order it from the aforementioned countries though.

LiL T
09-06-05, 22:20
Mercury PVP server OMFG I'm gonna love this :)

Great news indeed no more carebears getting in the way no more soft gits :p

It better be hardcore though but rare parts should be slight easyer to obtain or people are going to have to be very very carefull ^^

Digital-Talios
09-06-05, 22:31
I'd like to know more about the international release.
As far as i understand you can only get the game if you live in Germany, UK, Greece or Turkey, it's not so "international" with the game only being obtainable in four countries. Perhaps you have american ancestors so you don't know much about the world outside your borders, but there are other countries out there. o_O

You really have to widen your potential customer base by getting the box into shops in other countries and/or reactivate the download option, otherwise you'll commit financial suicide. ASAP!

I would think that they would want to do an international release in the U.S. but from my understandings they distrubitor would be different from the one in Europe.

If im wrong about the distributor thing I am sure everyone will let me know

-FN-
09-06-05, 22:32
Neocron 2 has been released in stores in the UK, Greece and Turkey.

Why not France? That might explain why Pandore is at 1% or less most of the time. Poor Alchemaic Dream :( Let them advertise!

Digital-Talios
09-06-05, 22:34
doesnt maercury have a higher pop then the french server? scrap the french server and make it the pvp server heh

Jesterthegreat
09-06-05, 22:40
Mercury PVP server OMFG I'm gonna love this :)

Great news indeed no more carebears getting in the way no more soft gits :p

It better be hardcore though but rare parts should be slight easyer to obtain or people are going to have to be very very carefull ^^

you should hear them whining about it on their OOC channel :p

get your ass over here and cap a PE :p

relogged to make a recycler to make my medicant uzi right now...

Sakletare
09-06-05, 22:42
I would think that they would want to do an international release in the U.S. but from my understandings they distrubitor would be different from the one in Europe.
They haven't had an international release for the whole of europe yet, just for 4 countries out of how many....30?

Edit: My bad, it's 45.

Digital-Talios
09-06-05, 22:44
They haven't had an international release for the whole of europe yet, just for 4 countries out of how many....30?

Yea its a pretty small international release. When I first heard about it I was thiking wow international release! IR as in all of Europe, US, asia etc. But what they were thinking was just peeps next door to them ;)

Digital-Talios
09-06-05, 22:46

I dont blame them. If KK was making drastic changes to Terra and I didnt fully know what was going to happen I would freak out too.

Ryen
09-06-05, 22:49
That's unavoidable.

Odin, that really, really sucks. I can completely understand though. But I absolutly refuse to give my money to such a shitty company. However, I do plan to re-activate my account if something could be worked out.

Ozzon
09-06-05, 23:01
Make PvP server one slot! or there will be milions of PPU's running around! and it has to be a fresh start or how do you see newbies trying to level there??? :(

Odin
09-06-05, 23:02
Odin, that really, really sucks. I can completely understand though. But I absolutly refuse to give my money to such a shitty company. However, I do plan to re-activate my account if something could be worked out.

PaybyCash is available.

LiL T
09-06-05, 23:03

Ahahahaha :D

Your evil I bet you logged right in there to start a fresh killer and anounce your self as there worst nightmare but what happens to them that play on there currently =/

Is there going to be a wipe or something ?

[TgR]KILLER
09-06-05, 23:55
Ahahahaha :D

Your evil I bet you logged right in there to start a fresh killer and anounce your self as there worst nightmare but what happens to them that play on there currently =/

Is there going to be a wipe or something ?

i think they gonna have a char transfer so you can transfer your terra char. can't see any other way they can do it. if they would just whipe merc they would lose 200 paying customers and it will be lights out in the kk offices.

Ryen
09-06-05, 23:57
PaybyCash is available.

I know, but I really don't feel like getting ass-********** with fees other than my 15$ a month, which is more than enough already.

-FN-
10-06-05, 00:06
PaybyCash is available.
I know, but I really don't feel like getting ass-********** with fees other than my 15$ a month, which is more than enough already.

*cough* Paypal? *cough*

LiL T
10-06-05, 00:17
KILLER']i think they gonna have a char transfer so you can transfer your terra char. can't see any other way they can do it. if they would just whipe merc they would lose 200 paying customers and it will be lights out in the kk offices.
I'm just starting again, I'll leave my other characters on terra for holidays all I wanna know is from KK a mod or what ever is. Is this going happen will my lvling be worth it, I'm actully quite excited about starting out fresh again even if it was just a 2 slot or 1 slot server I'm all for that.

Morganth
10-06-05, 00:36
Gonna see what my clan plans on doing, and what the new details on Mercury will entail before I start leveling nibs again (although I'm actually looking forward to it). I think we as the English community should decide our factions before the majority makes their characters, because we don't want a Terra v2 as far as political balance goes.

Odin
10-06-05, 00:54

Our monthly fee is lowered to make up the cost of the transaction. Unless your getting into some of their really high fee stuff there should be a viable option for you. PayPal is information I don't have at this moment but will inquire about it's status as last I heard we are waiting on 10tacle.

Dribble Joy
10-06-05, 01:19
Indeed, overall rates regardless of payment method should be the same.

CMaster
10-06-05, 01:38
Nice to see mercury has reacted so well...
A clan [ edited ] Is following english nibs around and killing all their mobs...

Toxen
10-06-05, 01:52
Someones probably already pointed this out but i got to about page 3 and things were rather repetitive. All good plan file couple of things
Player Shops (This was sposed to be one of the saving graces of NC2)
WoC itesm (Again another saving grace of NC2)
As for PvP server, idea's good no safe zones good, assume your still leaving in LE's otherwise without tradeskillers the servers gonna collapse... but then it won't be PvP anyway just a normal server with some new pvp tweaks.

eprodigy
10-06-05, 01:53
havent read any other posts but...

rokkwear.. good
pvp server. good.
changing mercury into it.. bad

even if you provide a way to transfer across servers; anyone not interested in the soon-to-be gankfest mercury where every player will travel in packs of 2:1 PPU to fighter ratio, has no other options but Terra (with lots of english players) or Mars (lose 3 chars). i think its just going to lose players (from mercury).

they can change clothes though thats good.

Jesterthegreat
10-06-05, 01:58
Nice to see mercury has reacted so well...
A clan [ edited ] Is following english nibs around and killing all their mobs...

indeed...

see screenie [ screenshot removed for harassment ]

Toxen
10-06-05, 02:01
Isn't that technically violating the rules of conduct?

9) You may not use character names or organize any guilds or groups that are based on, or espouse, any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate-mongering philosophy, as long as they are related to races, religions, ethnic groups or other subjects which exist in reality.

Jesterthegreat
10-06-05, 02:03
Isn't that technically violating the rules of conduct?

9) You may not use character names or organize any guilds or groups that are based on, or espouse, any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate-mongering philosophy, as long as they are related to races, religions, ethnic groups or other subjects which exist in reality.

course it is... will anything be done... what do you think? he doesnt have a name with a slight slight sexual reference... so nothing will happen

LiL T
10-06-05, 02:24
indeed...

see screenie
Let them be like it only shows them as being complete arseholes

Jesterthegreat
10-06-05, 02:26
Let them be like it only shows them as being complete arseholes

let them be? did you see me doing anythign or asking for anything to be done? cmaster mentioned the point, i re-enforced the point

CMaster
10-06-05, 02:35
The strangest thing is, some said they were doing this (laming the aggies, shouting abuse on OOC and losing SL to the oldest tricks in the book) to prevent Mercury being the PvP server...
How they thought stopping some terrans from killing aggies was going to help more than petitioning KK is beyond me.

Nullvoid
10-06-05, 02:57
I wonder if you guys have yet realised how poorly thought out your plan for mercury is.

The simplest example I can think of is the players deciding they want a fightnight. Every single duel will result in the loser dropping one item...I'm sure they wouldn't ever get stolen :rolleyes:

And think how severe any long synchs will be...zone somewhere...come out of synch oh shit i'm dead, oh dear no QB to give me any chance of getting the item back...what fun. Same goes for any use of vehicles or gliders...we know how reliable they can be.

Player interaction will drop, OP wars will result in massive amounts of zerging purely to ensure 100% that you aren't the losing team. Ganking would be at an all time high. Public tradeskilling...viable if the LE is kept but I already see people asking for its removal specially for Mercury...

If that isn't a recipe for a great server atmosphere/community I don't know what is!(sarcasm alert)

LiL T
10-06-05, 03:04
I wonder if you guys have yet realised how poorly thought out your plan for mercury is.

The simplest example I can think of is the players deciding they want a fightnight. Every single duel will result in the loser dropping one item...I'm sure they wouldn't ever get stolen :rolleyes:

And think how severe any long synchs will be...zone somewhere...come out of synch oh shit i'm dead, oh dear no QB to give me any chance of getting the item back...what fun. Same goes for any use of vehicles or gliders...we know how reliable they can be.

Player interaction will drop, OP wars will result in massive amounts of zerging purely to ensure 100% that you aren't the losing team. Ganking would be at an all time high. Public tradeskilling...viable if the LE is kept but I already see people asking for its removal specially for Mercury...

If that isn't a recipe for a great server atmosphere/community I don't know what is!(sarcasm alert) Nobody said people have to play on that server however I want to know what happens to the old players that are there. I don't want to start grinding a new character only to find out its not getting changed.

It might be kind of fun though pking some of them idoits that were throwing insults at us.

Vae Victis
10-06-05, 03:16
mercury says they wont help research/cst for the english players and they'll kill all non-german players..
I'd give em 3 weeks, then they'll see who kills who on THEIR own territory.

we did it twice already, now for the 3rd time
(before anyone thinks im reffering to the world wars.. im talking about 1) jupiter, 2) mars and now 3) mercury)

TWOK
10-06-05, 03:37
Great to see such a bold move from KK, and I know this is a little early to be asking these questions but...

It looks like many Mercurians don't want this to go through, and it does seem unfair to make such drastic changes to their home server. So at a guess I would say KK are going to allow Merc runners to transfer to Terra (I am guessing so no flames). And allow Terra runners to transfer to Mercury, alls good then Terra gets a boost from Mercury guys and Mercury becomes this exciting new venture for those wanting to live there.

My point is if things do go the way I described..does this mean we will have the same situation as when we transfered from NC1 > NC1. Will we lose our cabs/money/inventory, or is the intended addition of item tracking going to allow FULL transfers this time. More info is needed as to what the plan is other than the vague outlines we have so far.

aKe`cj
10-06-05, 03:38
For now I think it would be wisest to give that entire US/UK vs GER ... Terra vs Merc fart a rest.
The short time I walked arround on Merc tonight showed me plenty of abuse on both sides - and funny as is - both groups claim to be the griefed.
I am not a Merc-Player myself - but please show a little understanding for those on Mercury who feel kinda harassed atm. According to the planfile they have to fear that the server will become a playground for hardcore PvP'ers and especially PK'ers ... diminishing a lot of what makes NC special and fun. Imho its ok to have a pure PvP Server too, as NC is a great shooter - but understand that Merc-Players are all but happy about expecting to loose the other half of gameplay - it's just a bad thing that this happens to an existing server.

varied gameply => PvP, Ganking, PKs -> no LE = zerg or die
german language => int. server

that alone is an immense change the community might have to face... Terra players throwing arround ************-remarks or "Heil ******************" ..whatever - do not help to ease the confusion & stress on merc either - before refering to "rules of conduct" etc. make sure your own doormat is clean. Both sides need to step down a little... and just think about it.. how would you react if someone told you language on terra would change to German, slots 2-4 would be removed on every acc and allied-PK was made even easier - I doubt you'd be happy about it either.

bounty
10-06-05, 04:14
Am i the only one a little upset about the mercury pvp only server? I sure as hell am, and here are my reasons:

1. I enjoy interacting with everyone, including "carebears" even if i'll never fight with them in a warzone, or only occasionally see them out hunting, it's nice to have a change in attitude other than the "OMG U RED U DIE" attitude.

2. In a way, having safe zones, and non-safe zones BENEFITS those that like pvping? How you say? Because it acts as a bottleneck. I only go to certain zones cause I know that's where I'll find PVP. Now it appears pvp is everywhere so it will make finding an opponent even harder outside of op wars.

3. Populations are low enough. Generally you would want to open more servers as the populations increase, not vice versa. Show me 900% server populations and then give us a new server is my vote.

Overall, I just feel that this is going to have a really drastic feel for the community. I have friends of everykind in NC, as I'm sure many do. I don't like the idea of having to leave some friends behind only to go forward with even fewer friends.

As for the planfile itself:

I like some of what I hear but it appears to me that the vast majority of planfile #2 is planfile#1, in fact, you could have just saved some time and copy/pasted.

I also like that client stability is part of the planfile, but in my opinion...this should be top priority and the only priority at this point in time. This and the newbie experience are the main things keeping new players away.

Is "casting" off the hardcore players to mercury your way of making sure new players to this game aren't constantly harassed...if it is, it might not be a bad idea. SO they can learn the game on a more even playing field and then later on go to the more "hardcore" server and see how big their e-penis really is.

I'm sure this is part of the themeweeks, but some of the bigger issues such as the ppu issue, parashock, and pe distinguishability I would really like to see on there. So Bounty's NC planfile goes like this..it is very simple:

1. Client stability - work on this, and only this until bugs, syncs, FREs are at a bare minimum on many systems. Recheck code line by line, if needed, outsource to India :)

2. Improve new player experience. Not only teaching basic game mechanics, but hell give them some pvp, maybe even a little mission that makes them go kill another player in Mc5.

3. PPU's, Parashock, and other balance issues last.

Last but not least...the most important part of any plan file is execution. There must be execution.

Dribble Joy
10-06-05, 04:40
If there is no server move tool availiable, this will suck badly.
KK have the technology (we can rebuild him!), so they had better use it.

Cor
10-06-05, 05:36
The plan file looks good I like the ideas and look forward to the future. The only thing I would change would be. Use the French servers for the PVP give the French the option to transfer out and leave it at a 2 slotted server but don't allow a transfer to that server. Let everyone start new and fresh and on a level playing field. That way some people wont regret the move, because you know, some will.

Liebestoter
10-06-05, 05:42
I masturbate in anticipation of the new pvp server.

LiL T
10-06-05, 07:40
The PVP server will be like real roleplay like the game use to be, were the small area infront of your appy would be your chill out area. A place you are pretty safe with people you know and trust. You would be very alert and only use certain shops to buy ammo from etc, no using the subway because there could be a gang of thugs down there wanting your weapon or your boots.

I really don't think its just going to be mass gankage, yes you got the odd few that solo but it would be very hard but most importantly it would be do able. You would start seeing true politics and gangs forming, people controling there claimed areas something I wish to see happen in this game again. You would have to be selective of what items and weapons you would carry around. Not everyone is going to be holding a rare weapon while stroling through pepper park non rares could become used and needed. Tradeskillers could make there money by selling replacements and there would be more item circulation.

Morganth
10-06-05, 08:20
The PVP server will be like real roleplay like the game use to be, were the small area infront of your appy would be your chill out area. A place you are pretty safe with people you know and trust. You would be very alert and only use certain shops to buy ammo from etc, no using the subway because there could be a gang of thugs down there wanting your weapon or your boots.

I really don't think its just going to be mass gankage, yes you got the odd few that solo but it would be very hard but most importantly it would be do able. You would start seeing true politics and gangs forming, people controling there claimed areas something I wish to see happen in this game again. You would have to be selective of what items and weapons you would carry around. Not everyone is going to be holding a rare weapon while stroling through pepper park non rares could become used and needed. Tradeskillers could make there money by selling replacements and there would be more item circulation.

Only slight flaw to this is the fact there are already people on the server that are all kitted out, setup and from what I have heard tight arsed about us joining them.

LiL T
10-06-05, 08:27
Yeah like 3 - 5 people spamming this is a german server in other words the normal dicks you get in everygame who try there hardest to hate everyone. I was given some noob lvling pistols for nothing so there not all that bad.

Xylaz
10-06-05, 08:30
of course LiL T is right. But again, of course, nobody want to think for awhile about the real possibilities.

That is how neocron is supposed to be. Dangerous. You got your own app as your safe shelter, everywhere outside is war. You got allies and you got enemies. If ally betray you you will kill him and (unlike now) he wont have any safe places to run.
That's real roleplay - not only in words but in actions as well.
The reputation system - if someone comes and kill my tradeskiller i will put him and his clan on my kos list. Again, he wont have any place to hide. If i want to trade with an enemy i'll be aware that he IS an enemy and the possible risk - not unlike now where everyone just grs to safezone and forget about all faction standings while in a safezone. Reputation will finally start to mean something. Faction will start to mean something, alliance may start to mean something. Enemy will start to mean "enemy".

Lessening the SL punishment can work as a substitute for clan wars (to a certain degree). Also lack of safezones = (finally) the end of zonewhoring (to safezone borders).

And again, as LiL T said - this is an opportunity to finally start roleplaying. You want MB to be safe - make it such. You want peace in your faction? Do something about it. You want your city to be safe against pkers? Defend it.

Its pretty simple yet require some effort as in opposite to current situation where everyone just hanging in safezones and dont give a fuck about anything.

The only problem i see it now is with the remote safezones (ppus) - people will bring remote safezones everywhere with them to ensure their safety. Few options here: remove ppus completely (would require some tweaks though) or maybe easier: allow spirit mods (to all weapons) on mercury to lessen the powers of remote safezones (wouldnt require any tweaking), or at least, if everything else fails, make it 1 slot only so people would have to make some choices.

/edit/ @ below:
true, removing para might help quite alot as well.

LiL T
10-06-05, 09:00
Nah just doing something with the parra is all that is needed, because its the perfect gank tool and would ruin any real form of gang warfare. I had a fight today in plaza 2 it was a PE fight was a good old fight, a ppu turned up BUT he did not parrashock. It was not needed eventally an APU turned up that I did not notice and holylighting x 5 + DB = me dead.

Jesterthegreat
10-06-05, 09:02
i'm looking forward to it...

someone from merc said he would lend me an SA and a judge when i capped... and if i win he will give me anything and everything that i want on that server cos he will quit if it becomes a pvp server.

so if i bother to level i will be fully equipped ;)

Morganth
10-06-05, 09:50
i'm looking forward to it...

I'm rolling my mains over there (2 APUs [for now :p ], a tank and a PE). Gonna level them when I am bored. Paradox clan activities right now are staring at the worldmap, trying to stop the FF/DarK war, playing Gunz Online or playing DF2. So I think I'll have to level up new characters, which will be fun, because I've never leveled a nib inside DoY before (except my first hybrid, which had capped STR/CON/DEX, 66 INT and 5 Psi. Its amazing what can happen in NC1 when someone wanted a GR bitch, and other interesting things).

Although if I get bored of leveling two Crahn Monks, I'll have a BT tank and PE to play :rolleyes: Shall be interesting leveling without any kit built and prepared, haven't done that in over a year and a half.

Dargeshaad
10-06-05, 09:50
Maybe they should have a single zone on the server that operates like a warzone does now. This way it's possible to do PvP events in this zone without having people drop their items when they die

Nidhogg
10-06-05, 10:28
Harassment is against the forum rules. If you think someone is griefing or have some other complaint about someone in-game then please report it to helpdesk@neocron.com.

N

Ryen
10-06-05, 10:38
Our monthly fee is lowered to make up the cost of the transaction. Unless your getting into some of their really high fee stuff there should be a viable option for you. PayPal is information I don't have at this moment but will inquire about it's status as last I heard we are waiting on 10tacle.

The second paypal is in place, my account is re-activated. Great to see you guys actually doing something now.

MeWhiteWolf
10-06-05, 10:46
why not make merc an international server
allow transfer to and from merc
but make TERRA the PVP server?

that will allow the non pvp interested TERRA players to move to merc and the others to stay.

I say this because 2 months ago I almost quite due to the Terra attitude, but on a whim I tried the merc server, Though I know bugger all german I have found it a rich server with regard to balance between help and fight.

allow it to stay as is please KK

of course the other option is the 2 slot NEW pvp server - with no transfer to or from, which i think has wonderful potential.

Crest
10-06-05, 10:50
Guys have been asking for PVP servers and now they get it, they are ot happy .....

Further to pure anarchy and destruction .....

1) Remove allPPU speels above tl3 (Okies removed the holy ones) so PvP is a personal skill and not dependant on your PPU.
2) Is there an option to transfer chars from Current Server to German server. Once off option ? Mebbe like the NC1 to NC2 .... have a cut oof point and then anything after this day is not transferable. Had the hard core guys known of this up front, they would have planned things differently.

Effectively KK are forcing a lot of new LE players for the next few months onto the servers .... as to power level 1 chars is quick but needs a few requirements.... Environemnt set up - having the right ools at the right time (Wepaons, Armour and cash). Having the power level mobs available, if every single area for power leveling is camped then its not power leveling its sahre leveling.

Get the final touches take longer as everyone would want their MC5 chip, and so wait a period of time cause of waiting.
Overall - Its good to see KK have a few ideas and plans, and are implimenting those. Lets see if they meet their targets set ... Lets see how the next 3 weeks go

Sakletare
10-06-05, 10:51
I think you people are so blinded by your shiny new toy (the pvp server) that you don't notice the big problem here: You can only get this game in four contries.
That's not good if you desperatly need a player influx. All servers, including the pvp server, will suffer from this.

CMaster
10-06-05, 11:12
I feel sorry for the mercurinans if there is no alternative given - however I think Terra would be a valid place for them to come - provided we are moderatley welcoming of them, and no "OMG SPAEKENLSIH!" that you get sometimes. HOwever, the pathetic attidtude of BAD has riled me. Most of you guys know me - I don't really flame or shittalk after fights (I talk a lot of crap, but thats another matter). I help people out. But these guys were being so mind numbingly lame, I pulled all the old tricks. I think I got at least 3 or 4 of them on cinsiderably negative SL, and proved that at least one can't fight (20 agl/ 10 atl and he couldnt hit me with an EPR...)
So I'd say the Terra "greifing" of mercury is just retaliation. Not saying that makes it right, but that Terra peeps feel the need to stand up for themseleves.

Crest
10-06-05, 11:13
I think you people are so blinded by your shiny new toy (the pvp server) that you don't notice the big problem here: You can only get this game in four contries.
That's not good if you desperatly need a player influx. All servers, including the pvp server, will suffer from this.

You can only buy the game in 4 countries, you can get it from anywhere with internet connection. I am not sure but with current payment methods, you can also pay from anywhere.

It probably why Advertising online is important.
I have seen neoreporter - old char whoom if I recall played in AUSTRALIA, I have several friends playing from South Africa, that said If South Africans can play given their single line under the ocean, then anyone can play

MeWhiteWolf
10-06-05, 11:17
lol i love it you make it sound as if us aussies live in the third world ;)
with ping of 35o we make do - but damn u guys who have 50ish can move - even my melee tank has trouble.

Sakletare
10-06-05, 11:20
You can only buy the game in 4 countries, you can get it from anywhere with internet connection. I am not sure but with current payment methods, you can also pay from anywhere.

It probably why Advertising online is important.
I have seen neoreporter - old char whoom if I recall played in AUSTRALIA, I have several friends playing from South Africa, that said If South Africans can play given their single line under the ocean, then anyone can play
No, you can not download the game anymore, just for the 10 day trial, after that you have to get a boxed copy to continue playing.

As for old accounts, of course you can continue to use them. I'm from Sweden and i can use my old downloaded account even though there's no boxes in the stores over here. You just don't get any new players.

netster
10-06-05, 12:00
LE-option for starting?
Transfer-Tool? (an option to move chars off the server? or only onto the server?)

dont give the germans the advantage of having 4 full capped chars. oh, how much chars u could have on Uranus+Saturn+Pluto again?

If FF would be so kind as to fuck off to Mercury, then Terra will be more balanced. never ever. but hey mate, u got your own option to move there :)

------

reminds me of : http://bash.org/?151861 (edited to a smoother one)

Thanatos
10-06-05, 12:48
We'd like to clarify that not everything concerning the PvP Server is set in stone. We are evaluating the comments and suggestions made by the community concerning the ruleset of this server and will be adjusting the ruleset accordingly. We will release more specifics of the ruleset soon enough.

Another thing we'd like to clarify is that the decision to use Mercury as PvP server is not definite. We have been exploring other options and will continue to do so. Apparently there are already people rushing to Mercury to level new characters, this may be a wasted effort. Once a final decision has been made, it will be announced with more than enough time to prepare for the actual release of the PvP Server.

There also seems to be some confusion about the role of the Neocronicle, respectively the Voice of the Resistance portals. VotR will not be closed, it will co-exist with the Neocronicle portal. We have updated the plan file to clarify this.

numb
10-06-05, 12:53
I think something needs to be done about the LEs. I think they should auto pop out at a certain level if they have to be on the server at all. It'd be a incredibly annoying having an LE character following you around and picking up whatever you drop when you die.

Xylaz
10-06-05, 12:54
pvp server suggestions:

- allow char transfer

- remove LE chip
- item drop in warzones
- remove para
- remove doy/nc guards
- remove ppus (if possible)/weaken the role of ppus (reintroduce spirit mod for all classes)
- 1 slot only server (again - to weaken the role of remote safezones aka ppus)

Dribble Joy
10-06-05, 13:16
I think there is a difference, between 'Dangerous atmosphere' and 'griefer fest'....

numb
10-06-05, 13:25
I think the PPU spells should be limited to the highest TL a PE could use (in order to maintain some balance).

I'm pretty sure that it wouldnt be 100% of the server that were griefers aswell, especially if this brought back some old chars from NC1.

MeWhiteWolf
10-06-05, 13:27
also as stated previously - a one slot will result in no/very few tradeskillers on the pvp server. It's no good having increased rarepart drop if you have noone to make it into a real thing, unless you all have freinds who don't pvp and will make and level a char that they log just when u need em o_O , since that means they won't be able to join you fighting.

edit. ok so pluto had people making new accounts so they had more chars - um yeah that was because there was depth there ;)

Jesterthegreat
10-06-05, 13:35
I think there is a difference, between 'Dangerous atmosphere' and 'griefer fest'....

then don't play the server... one more reason that i support char transfer is that people will only whine about their merc chars with no where to go.

Crest
10-06-05, 13:46
I would rather have a belt drop than a item drop.
Belt drop works same as mob looting. Person doing most damage has first rights, then belt stays and anyone can loot it, no hacking required.

Why you may ask ?
Imagine I am levelling to get my char hi frantacally , I am minding my own business in say I06, and using my hunting healing light in slot 1. While taking on a WB, one spawns behind me, and I die quickly. My healing light drops to the floor.

Now, I Try GR back to chester and GR closed so i land back at app. I GR to battledome, and run with double synap, and full inv. Given that it is not near 12pm, I have a small chanhe of my healing light still being there. Lets be honest, by the time I get back its dissapeared cause of items left on floor.

Second thing is, LE people have no rights to pick up anything dropped by someone who take part in PVP. I know how I will get my rares, find all the hot spot fighting spots, wait for someone to die and drop their item, and before you know I will be a 0/2 with a LE in and a full inv.

Please reconsider tthis point. Keep quick belts, remove hacking them, offer player with most damage the rights and make QB not openned by LE players. I not sure about where team mebers have rights so it needs some thought

While on the topic of LE's players, to encourage them not ebing about, make them loose 2 items in a quick belt, and make their QB hackable with level 50 hack.
Why ? well since you are LE, you are leveling, there is no reason for you to die, unless you make a mistake. Given this, the incetive will be to remove your LE and PVP, or play on a less agrressive server.

Jesterthegreat
10-06-05, 13:48
I would rather have a belt drop than a item drop.
Belt drop works same as mob looting. Person doing most damage has first rights, then belt stays and anyone can loot it, no hacking required.

Why you may ask ?
Imagine I am levelling to get my char hi frantacally , I am minding my own business in say I06, and using my hunting healing light in slot 1. While taking on a WB, one spawns behind me, and I die quickly. My healing light drops to the floor.

Now, I Try GR back to chester and GR closed so i land back at app. I GR to battledome, and run with double synap, and full inv. Given that it is not near 12pm, I have a small chanhe of my healing light still being there. Lets be honest, by the time I get back its dissapeared cause of items left on floor.

Second thing is, LE people have no rights to pick up anything dropped by someone who take part in PVP. I know how I will get my rares, find all the hot spot fighting spots, wait for someone to die and drop their item, and before you know I will be a 0/2 with a LE in and a full inv.

Please reconsider tthis point. Keep quick belts, remove hacking them, offer player with most damage the rights and make QB not openned by LE players. I not sure about where team mebers have rights so it needs some thought

While on the topic of LE's players, to encourage them not ebing about, make them loose 2 items in a quick belt, and make their QB hackable with level 50 hack.
Why ? well since you are LE, you are leveling, there is no reason for you to die, unless you make a mistake. Given this, the incetive will be to remove your LE and PVP, or play on a less agrressive server.

so level with a TT epic rifle.

i like the proposed rule set... the only grey area is no mention of LE's

Crest
10-06-05, 13:58
so level with a TT epic rifle.

i like the proposed rule set... the only grey area is no mention of LE's

Hmm not everyone can use this , and is only available at mid levels, also this slows leveling down .... Rate f fire slower, damage less ... anyone playing on this server would have an objective of quick leveling, gain rares and then PVP .... They want to PVP or play a less hostile server ... Epic rewards are not good for leveling .... helll I have not seen anyone using one for months

Dribble Joy
10-06-05, 14:05
then don't play the server...
I don't intend to :p.

I might be tempted, but for the fact that a large number of people will use the fact 'it's a PvP server' to gank, grief, GR/apt camp and try to make as many people's life as miserable as possible.

I want to PvP, but not in a place where it has no meaning or purpose. If people want that, then I kinda think they have the wrong game....

Jesterthegreat
10-06-05, 14:05
Hmm not everyone can use this , and is only available at mid levels, also this slows leveling down .... Rate f fire slower, damage less ... anyone playing on this server would have an objective of quick leveling, gain rares and then PVP .... They want to PVP or play a less hostile server ... Epic rewards are not good for leveling .... helll I have not seen anyone using one for months

epics are fine for leveling. TSU rifle? almost PE damage... any no need to spec tc.

speedgat? great for leveling.

so monks have a sligh item drop issue... boo hoo. hide beind the ppu / hybrid skillz.

:edit:

I might be tempted, but for the fact that a large number of people will use the fact 'it's a PvP server' to gank, grief, GR/apt camp and try to make as many people's life as miserable as possible.

I want to PvP, but not in a place where it has no meaning or purpose. If people want that, then I kinda think they have the wrong game....

yes... any pvp you dont agree with is "ganking" and setup you dont agree with is "b0rked"... i remember when i could talk to you and not think "oh god... whats he bitching about now"...

pvp with no purpose? the fact that they are considering making a PvP server shows that people want to PvP for the purpose of PvP

people who dont wanna pvp should be allowed to move chars... if they dont like pvp maybe they should consider the sims online (by the same analogy people saying "go play CS" use)

Heavyporker
10-06-05, 14:14
A 1 slot PvP server means that Tradeskillers would be able to make an ACTUAL LIVING for fuck's sake. No more of this "palm a few parts to my resser, then my cster, then my pvp char, yadda yadda yadda".

Plus, reputation would really start to matter, thank you very much.

True - tradeskillers are now wide open. Guess what - they won't work for you unless there's some measure of safety TO work for you. Guess who's gonna have to protect them? You.

You got all the reasons in the world to protect him - he's got YOUR parts. Straight-to-ground drop means it could be YOUR SHIT that the pkers get to loot.

Dribble Joy
10-06-05, 14:20
yes... any pvp you dont agree with is "ganking" and setup you dont agree with is "b0rked"...
I love the way that anything I ever say is twisted to such an extent these days.

I am concerned with balance, absolute balance and I am getting increasingly frustrated by people to at the very least understand my point and the continuous move away from any balance we ever had (the skill changes seriously pissed me off, yes me PE benefited from them, but so what? it fucked things up).

pvp with no purpose? the fact that they are considering making a PvP server shows that people want to PvP for the purpose of PvP

people who dont wanna pvp should be allowed to move chars... if they dont like pvp maybe they should consider the sims online (by the same analogy people saying "go play CS" use)
Standing outside someones apt and 'killing' them each time they come out is not PvP.

You know perfectly well what I mean by 'griefing' and 'ganking'.

i remember when i could talk to you and not think "oh god... whats he bitching about now"...
The feeling is mutual.

Obsidian X
10-06-05, 14:37
KK heres an idea: Implement the Anarchy Breed on Mercury! Same concept as Beta, for outcasted runners. Seeing as everyone will be fighting everyone anyway, it makes sense. Maybe even Trader Union for tradeskillers, as with less harsh SL penalties, noone will give a shit about trying to exploit FS/SL anymore.

Nullvoid
10-06-05, 14:40
Porker...Pluto was 1 slot and yet nearly everyone I met there had at least 2 accounts, typically more so they could do precisely what you're talking about trying to abolish. It was almost identical to how Terra is now...sitting in p1(TH now) spamming away for any tradeskiller to appear, any poker at all...and in the end just logging your alt to do it yourself.

oh and yes, they don't want PvP, they want to PK/grief/gank. I suppose by saying that I'm a fluffy little carebear?

numb
10-06-05, 15:00
I dont buy this griefer thing at all. Wouldn't most 'griefer's be more interested in the targets they could actually grief rather than the hardcore PvP crowd that the PvP server will attract. The only people it would adversely affect is the people who are a bit crap on the PvP front and most of those people would be on the other servers right?

edit: DJ, your argument about someone waiting outside your app to gank you when you are low level isnt all that great. I'm sure you would get some response on your faction channel if you requested assistance. It certainly worked that way in early NC1 if someone was say killing the noobs in the sewers.

Nullvoid
10-06-05, 15:31
I find it interesting how the "hardcore pvp crowd" are generally the ones most likely to leap onto ooc right after dying in a fight so they can whine away...I didn't have my best armour on/heal wouldn't cast/ran out of stamina boosters/drugs ran/omg you need 500(read: 2) people to kill me/yadda yadda...not the behaviour of a skilled fighter in my opinion.

If they could cope with what they deal out then fine, but sadly few of them seem able to, hence my complete lack of respect for them and a wry smile when they refer to themselves as "hardcore pvpers".

numb
10-06-05, 15:40
I find it interesting how the "hardcore pvp crowd" are generally the ones most likely to leap onto ooc right after dying in a fight so they can whine away...I didn't have my best armour on/heal wouldn't cast/ran out of stamina boosters/drugs ran/omg you need 500(read: 2) people to kill me/yadda yadda...not the behaviour of a skilled fighter in my opinion.

If they could cope with what they deal out then fine, but sadly few of them seem able to, hence my complete lack of respect for them and a wry smile when they refer to themselves as "hardcore pvpers".

Personally, I've done very little PvP in NC2 so far (having only recently joined). I have seen this talk on OOC, and it does appear to be a lot of the same people who moan. Happened on Saturn too when I played there. Yet there are a LOT more people who actively PvP, and I've never seen that moaning in any of the fights I've got into in the past (and I used to PvP a lot when I played Saturn) - so it's not as bad as those people make it look.

Anyway PvP is inheritively competitive and in all competitive sports you always get the bad losers ;)

Selendor
10-06-05, 15:42
If KK are going to make all of the changes you are requesting for Mercury (Anarchy breed, Remove Para, soulight changes), then I for one think they should be changing most of these things for ALL servers. There is no point getting them to spend the next 6 months on a special server that only a small % of the population is going to play.

Don't forget that the existing servers need equal development and content.

If they were willing to do something about Para and PPUs on this new(sic) server then they should have done it on Terra and the others already. :mad:

Digital-Talios
10-06-05, 15:48

Very good. Right now Im on the fence about my future with KK. I think this hole pvp server will be the final judgement call. I hope that Terra will remain at its current population but I already suspect its population will drop. Perhaps the mercurians could come to Terra or the other german server to help raise their respective populations but I dont know how well that will work.

When I first heard about the new server I was all gun ho about having all the griefers leave Terra but I have soon realized they will probaly stay and with less people on the server even more griefing will result.

/me searches mmorpg.com for a back up game :(

Selendor
10-06-05, 15:54
I'd like to see the German community joined with us, we are an international server after all, and an awful lot of clan mates I hear in Ventrillo/Teamspeak are Germans already. Would just make for higher populations (and more lag...)

Crest
10-06-05, 15:57
epics are fine for leveling. TSU rifle? almost PE damage... any no need to spec tc.

speedgat? great for leveling.

so monks have a sligh item drop issue... boo hoo. hide beind the ppu / hybrid skillz.

:edit:

yes... any pvp you dont agree with is "ganking" and setup you dont agree with is "b0rked"... i remember when i could talk to you and not think "oh god... whats he bitching about now"...

Jester, I know its fun to post and rake in as many posts as possible, at the same time, always having an answer does not mean you are superior in any way,

Think about your post, think about what I said ....

Level 30 has a 3 slot item. He uses the 4th head brain slot for another chip as this means he can level faster - but introduces death by PKIng as a risk.

He dies in normal circumstances, and looses his weapon, he now wastes a further hour trying to get a new one, cause Trade skiller are hiding and no place for him to find one. ....
I understand you want to kill kill kill, but not everyone sits with a PPU stuck to the ass. Although the small clan I have has a high PPU to player ratio....10 memebers 14 members 3 ppu's. The last time we took aPPU anywhere was about Nov 2004. Yes we the stealth whores who you all hate, and take the shot and run ... but no PPU ... I digress.
Instead of thinking about how nice it is to gank everything with 2 legs .... think of the whole server infrstructure, and what incentives there are to 1) Pulling out LE
2) Level and stay in game ....
Ignoring both these would mean you have a few guys (Probably backed by a PPU) who think they are ubber, and a server filled wit LE players who should be somehwere else.....

Keeping belts will protect the item in the belt, while the person who deserves it has an oppurtunity to come and get without some un-skilled leach picking it up. It also offers a workable place holder for anything dropped when you made a mistake while doing PVM.

Unless you are happy for
1) PVP to go on
2) Some 0/2 (LE) nib or stealthing nib to be waiting for someone to die and collect your bounty - your reward.....

I agree, do not need to hack, Have a take all option to pick up belt and thats all ....
I killed XYZ, I run up to his belt, click on it, click take all... keep running ....
Instead of, you killed XYZ, I wait and pick up a 5 slot healing light your earned ..... See the difference ?

Dargeshaad
10-06-05, 16:03
I'm inclined to agree with Crest's proposals

Ozzon
10-06-05, 16:08
We'd like to clarify that not everything concerning the PvP Server is set in stone. We are evaluating the comments and suggestions made by the community concerning the ruleset of this server and will be adjusting the ruleset accordingly. We will release more specifics of the ruleset soon enough. [...]

1.The PvP server has to be one or two slots or there will be two PPU's for each warrior, thats obvious.
Just think about it for a second, it WILL happen if the server stays with 4 slots. That would destroy the whole idea of PvP server.

2.There has to be a fresh start or it will be totally impossible to achieve there anything for a long time, with capped gankers running around.

3.No place to hide except for your apt. means that the para HAS to be removed.

numb
10-06-05, 16:09
Crest, 3 slot items arent that hard to come by. When I join this server I am going to have plenty of back up weapons. It would be a bit silly not to considering you could lose it at any point - it makes no sense trying to find a tradeskiller more than once per weapon imo. Just get a job lot done, have a few 3 slots (or 4 if you're lucky!) + some 2 slots available to you in your apartment. When neocron went retail, most starter guides I read recommended you make a few of each gun incase this happened.

I personally think your belt idea isnt a bad idea at all, but whether it's needed is questionable. In NC1 before belt drop, when I died due to mobs, quite often I would be able to find my weapon. Unless someone sees where you die, it's gonna be a bit of a coincidence if they walk across a zone and bump into your weapon in the next 10 mins or so it takes for you to get out there.

In a PvP scenario, that 'unskilled leech' is gonna get it between the eyes if he even looks at the latest thing you've shot out of someone. Obviously that requires LE to be completely removed from the server, and I gather that would be easier to code than the belt system you are proposing.

Dribble Joy
10-06-05, 16:13
If you want to remove PPUs on the 'PvP' server, why keep them as they are on the others?

I don't see any reason why the gameplay balance should be any different on different servers.

The other servers still have PvP and will still be as focused on it as they are now.

//edit
The loot-rights belt idea is an old one. I would very much support it on all servers.

Exioce
10-06-05, 16:52
one character slot, ya hear me?!? ONE CHARACTER SLOT! :mad:

Dribble Joy
10-06-05, 17:33
Just to clarify my previous point;

My problem is with the people that intentionally try to ruin events, camp the sewers to kill lvlers, camp GRs, camp zonelines, those that specifically go out to have fun by causeing others misery.

Now I don't want to stop those things from being able to happen, GRing should be risky (I don't think there should be any GRs in safezones), hunting should have it's risks, etc. The thing is a matter of consequence.

This new 'PvP' server will concentrate these people and with it's even more lax than the largely unconsequential current servers rules, will 'legitimise' these actions, with nothing in response.

This I do not consider a 'dangerous atmosphere'.
Thus I shall not be going there.
Personally I don't think we even need this server but... nm..

Morganth
10-06-05, 17:43
I'd like to see the German community joined with us, we are an international server after all, and an awful lot of clan mates I hear in Ventrillo/Teamspeak are Germans already. Would just make for higher populations (and more lag...)

Yeah, merge Mercury and Terra to make a bigger atrmosphere for the remaining players to play on. Then use Mercury's old hardware (or Terra's dependant on which way it goes) to host a 2 slot PvP server WITHOUT PARA.

numb
10-06-05, 17:46
Yeah, merge Mercury and Terra to make a bigger atrmosphere for the remaining players to play on. Then use Mercury's old hardware (or Terra's dependant on which way it goes) to host a 2 slot PvP server WITHOUT PARA.

That is a nice idea. There are technical problems with it (like having characters on both server, or 2 people having apartments with same code in same location on each server) - but i think the solution would not be that bad.

Mechanicus
10-06-05, 17:48
a server merge would have to be done like nc1--> nc2 but keeping all items, apps would be the big problem

ROZZER187
10-06-05, 17:57
a server merge would have to be done like nc1--> nc2 but keeping all items, apps would be the big problem

that happens again and i am out :lol:

bring the 6 people from pandore to terra close pandore.
merge other servers and leave terra alone :D

10-06-05, 18:13
What I find slightly contradictory is that, since a server will have a 100% PvP focus, none of the other servers are having any concession towards non-PvP play (since the PvPers are being given what they want, what are the chances of the RP environment being thrown a bone or 2 on the other servers?)

Also mentioning that the events on the PvP server will not RP events brings a smile to my face as the vast majority of events to date have always been PvP events.

Mechanicus
10-06-05, 18:20
neocron is a pvp game, every server is a 'pvp' server, the new one is a 'hardcore pvp' server

jernau
10-06-05, 20:26
Crest is right, belts should stay. Just remove the hack mechanism and replace it with the mob-drop access rules.

I'm shocked that anyone who was in NC1 beta/early retail could ask for a return to the old system where dropped weapons often used to vanish before they even hit the ground and where LEs used to camp fights waiting to steal loot.

Dargeshaad
10-06-05, 20:58
Crest is right, belts should stay. Just remove the hack mechanism and replace it with the mob-drop access rules.

I'm shocked that anyone who was in NC1 beta/early retail could ask for a return to the old system where dropped weapons often used to vanish before they even hit the ground and where LEs used to camp fights waiting to steal loot.
I don't see how it could be too difficult either, like it is now with dogtags they only drop if you die in PvP and not PvM. So if you're killed by a mob on the new server, then simply just let it drop a belt with hack reqs like it is on the other servers and if you die in PvP then make an item drop on the ground as was proposed

Jesterthegreat
10-06-05, 23:07
What I find slightly contradictory is that, since a server will have a 100% PvP focus, none of the other servers are having any concession towards non-PvP play (since the PvPers are being given what they want, what are the chances of the RP environment being thrown a bone or 2 on the other servers?)

Also mentioning that the events on the PvP server will not RP events brings a smile to my face as the vast majority of events to date have always been PvP events.

what "RP bone" are you expecting?

you want KK to enforce RP? i havent seen them say they will enforce PvP on merc...

RPers have the tools... plus they can now make pimp apts to rp in... plus they not got the /me command... unfortunatly they lost the interesting faction system and had it replaced with red vs blue though.

hell if you really wanna RP there are holovests now. useless for a normal player... but usable for an RPer for sure

jernau
10-06-05, 23:43
Just a guess but I think he mean he wants more RP driven events (as opposed to "you lot attack that lot" or "look a shit-load of mobs"). In the past these have been very limited in number and scope.

There have always been a number of players who feel the game's "PvP core" gave them an excuse to turn every event into a frag-fest and KK have never done much about it because "this game's not for pussies". Now that there is a dedicated PvP server I see no reason why KK can't change the rules on the other servers (or at least one of them) to clamp down on such behaviour properly and improve the game's reputation in the wider gaming community.

Of course this would be easier if the EGMs had more tools but you never know....

Dribble Joy
11-06-05, 00:04
I'm not sure I want anything 'done' to the other servers.

The Sl/symp and the whole consequence for one's actions needs to be heavily revised, but I don't think any 'carebearing' will help...

jernau
11-06-05, 00:14
I'm not sure I want anything 'done' to the other servers.

The Sl/symp and the whole consequence for one's actions needs to be heavily revised, but I don't think any 'carebearing' will help...Where did I say that?

The fact is GMs exist for many reasons in RPGs and not just to watch for cheats.

Neocron allows it's players more freedom than any other MMORPG out there and I'd hate to see that change* but OTOH I know how bad this game's reputation is out there and that most of it is deserved.

* any more than it already has that is ;)

Dribble Joy
11-06-05, 00:33
Wasn't directed at you specifically, just to those that might think that the 'non PvP' servers need to be watered down.

jernau
11-06-05, 00:34
Wasn't directed at you specifically, just to those that might think that the 'non PvP' servers need to be watered down.
Ah OK.

**gets back in his box**

nobby
11-06-05, 03:36
Looks like Mercury shall have my old Saturn Chars!

Seems cool !
can't waity! :p

LiL T
11-06-05, 04:43
nvm

AkumaDaisuke
11-06-05, 05:27
Why is nearly everyone here fixed on PVP?
k pvp is actually part of the game but that's the same in every mmorpg!
and the idea of a pure pvp-server is total bullshit 'cause when i whant to pvp in that way i'll play a shooter.

btw nc2 actually is a MMORPG and not a mmo-shooter!

if you want a real diskussion about that, first read the german thread and get it translated for you, but what i can read here atm isn't a discussion but a playground for children who have already learned to write....

so far so sad

ps: with those post like that came before mine you don't have to expect a warm welcome on merc....

LiL T
11-06-05, 05:33
and the idea of a pure pvp-server is total bullshit 'cause when i whant to pvp in that way i'll play a shooter.

if you want a real diskussion about that, first read the german thread and get it translated for you, but what i can read here atm isn't a discussion but a playground for children who have already learned to write....

so far so sad

ps: with those post like that came before mine you don't have to expect a warm welcome on merc.... I know people may be pissed at there server getting changed to a Pure PVP one but ok what if they made a new server instead for pure PVP. If they did they why would people who don't like the idea have to whine about it, no one would be forcing them to play on it.

I did not expect a warm welcome on merc, however let me tell you I pay for the game and I can play on any server I like. If I wanted to continue to lvl a PE till cap then I can, If I want to speak openly in english on a public channel to another english speaker then I can. I don't speak german it really is not my fault its down to what I got tought in school.

Ryen
11-06-05, 09:04
I would like to see a GM controlling a high level NPC faction(City) leader, who walks up on the balcony in plaza 1 to give a speach, and is then shot dead by an unknown sniper. Later, the sniper is found to be a member of so-and-so CITY faction and a civil war ensures.

Jesterthegreat
11-06-05, 12:10

so far so sad

ps: with those post like that came before mine you don't have to expect a warm welcome on merc....

with a post like yours dont expect people to be nice to you btw... feel free to post your merc char names...

Original monk
11-06-05, 13:09
lol theres lil fights going on allready and there isnt even a pvpserver yet :lol:

about those drops ... like a weapon yust dropping on the floor ?? when the person gets killed ?? or any stuff in he's inventory ??

:D :D :D

baby i loot with style, i loot faster then the speed of light ... im from a time copbots dropped rifles witouth accesrights

you dont even know whats goin on but everything from t' ground will be gone

ya dont need an le for that :o

Njall
11-06-05, 13:20
Come on Pandore, we need players interested in something else than "red, green or yellow is dead" :D

Cor
11-06-05, 14:39
You want a PVP server for along time, now your going to get it and your still whining about it. You don't want the item drop....you want a belt drop, well you can't have it both ways. You got the server coming so live with the new rules I have no problem with the item drop and I also think, there should be NO character transfer and make it a 1 or 2 slotted server. I have no problem starting over with a new fresh character, but some of you hard core plays do or maybe it's not the true hard players, it just the regular whiners.
Wait a second.........Wait .......I feel a tear coming on........ :lol:

enigma_b17
11-06-05, 15:24
RE: Rockkwear Terminals:

Will we be finally able to change the Colour of our PowerArmour through the RW Terms? This would at least mean that not every single person on the face of the nc planet looks the same. (there was a bug before where u could do it but that disappeared after zoning, i think it would be a wise addition to give the ability to colour pa's using these terminals aswell, no?)

Obsidian X
11-06-05, 15:27

Will we be finally able to change the Colour of our PowerArmour through the RW Terms? This would at least mean that not every single person on the face of the nc planet looks the same. (there was a bug before where u could do it but that disappeared after zoning, i think it would be a wise addition to give the ability to colour pa's using these terminals aswell, no?)

Didn't KK say they removed the ability to change colour of PAs because it puit extra load on the server or something? I'm sure I heard that somewhere...

Dribble Joy
11-06-05, 15:53
You want a PVP server for along time, now your going to get it and your still whining about it. You don't want the item drop....you want a belt drop, well you can't have it both ways.
I think it is in everyone's interest to discuss the nature of the PvP server.

Vae Victis
11-06-05, 16:09

btw nc2 actually is a MMORPG and not a mmo-shooter!ok.. do u really think there is any1 out there playing PURE for the RP ? no1 roleplays, this game is way too expensive to rp, its boring and ingame theres nothing to do cept pvp

so far so sad

ps: with those post like that came before mine you don't have to expect a warm welcome on merc....we dont expect a warm welcome on mercury... we expect to be treated the same and not being put in a fucking box with a sign on it that says "english"
coz if u do that I'll put u in a box with a sign that says "racist" or another word

I think ur mercs are too fucking chicken to pvp Terranians, and throwing comments like "shut up go lvl" wont do u any good, the person who told that to me was a /64 ppu, to him I say "you goddamn lvl urself fucking tosser, /64 nibcake ppu!"
both my PPUs are fully capped and did it the hard way, if I had the time and no RL I'd lvl a PPU on mercury and get 1 of my m8s to make an APU.. it would take us 4 weeks max to get sorted and trust me, we would kill any german on that server.

[ edited ]

Tidus_Origin
11-06-05, 16:16

Changing ur PA colour was cool, even if it was a bug and only temporary. People had yellow PA, red PA - hell, even pink PA. Was kinda funny to see a pink PA-wearing PE running around plaza.

There should be an option to change your hair colour, too. My spy will get his blue hair back, someday! :lol:

Jesterthegreat
11-06-05, 16:21
ice... we all know that the german servers dont get rolled back... or get corrupted... and the germans dont get a stupid announcement like community english does...

but thats just a coincidence, right?

Eckhart
11-06-05, 16:48
ice... we all know that the german servers dont get rolled back... or get corrupted... and the germans dont get a stupid announcement like community english does...

*Nods*

The bias is more obvious than pigs flying in formation round the Eiffel Tower. The english community get warnings with regards to people 'creating trouble' on Mercury. Do the German community get warnings for deliberately doing all they can to make life difficult for the english community? Do they get warnings for the abuse they're hurling at english people leveling characters there at the moment? Of course not, because KK is once again showing how biased against the english community it is.

Admittedly both sides are at fault. I highly doubt that the english people are sitting back at taking the action of the Mercury players without any retaliation, therefore BOTH sides should get the warning announcement or neither. As it is it seems to me KK is trying to blame everything on the english community and ignoring anything that the german players on the server do wrong. Typical.

aKe`cj
11-06-05, 16:51

Oh .. now I see.

KK fucked up Saturn because they wanted to give GER players an advantage. KK fucked up Terra because they love to have people quitting the game...

Makes a lot of sense ... but... concerning the 'stupid announcment'

remember when this happened to Terra/Saturn and remember what a group of ppl did as a reaction? They swarmed the GER servers with lowbies punching players, guards, spamming - basicly - trying to be as much of an annoyance as they could ... yeah funny to see people freaking out because you are being an asshole to them and there's nothing they can do about - even if the German players had no impact on the Saturn/Terra fuckups at all. Now you wonder why they dont like you? Get a brain... and stop running this nationalistic debate "zeh Germans are all evil!" "All English people are bad!"... how low can we get from here?
:rolleyes:

A lot of people on Mercury play on Mercury and not on terra because it is different and they prefer it the way it is (was). They dont welcome the mass of Terra people joining them right now, because they fear that the things they dislike about terra will be made a habit on merc as well (allied pk and the like) - even more so with the new set of rules to come. This of course, isnt anything Terra's players have issued - as the above example concerning the int. server and their players "revenge" - there are Merc players who accuse the Terra players for decisions they didnt make. I dont say this is more/less justified ... but I do think it is a pitty that both sides have nothing better to do than to pour oil on the fire - add the few asshats that are in for any kind of griefing.... and there we have a nice conflict with both sides acting like retards.

fschepper
11-06-05, 17:06

The german community doesn't get announcements or news at all...
When Nidhogg posts some news, we can be happy if we get a simple translation two or three days later...

Edit: Just take a look here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=122351&page=3) & compare

msressi
11-06-05, 17:18
So, what do I do with my 3 tradeskillers on Mercury who are all way beyond wearing an LE.
And just how will the people communicate since its a german server.
Will TH at least still be safezone? This is very important to all tradeskillers.

Because without a safezone for the tradeskillers, there will soon be no tradeskillers available and then where will the PvPers get their custom cst'd weapons?

Nidhogg
11-06-05, 17:20
That announcement is in the process of being posted (when I can get hold of Bel.) ;) I've also instructed all the mods to edit any abuses of the Rules of Conduct.

This isn't an English thing, or a German thing - the rules apply to everyone.

N

/edit

So, what do I do with my 3 tradeskillers on Mercury who are all way beyond wearing an LE.
The LE is still up for discussion. One possibility is that it will be usable regardless of level but take a much longer time to implant/remove. We're interested in your thoughts on this subject.

N

LiL T
11-06-05, 17:59
The LE is still up for discussion. One possibility is that it will be usable regardless of level but take a much longer time to implant/remove. We're interested in your thoughts on this subject.
It will be abused on a PvP server people will use it to escape death for the grief they had caused. Example a -32 SL player feels hes done enough killing greens for the day, he puts LE chip in and his victims can't get revenge. However if its going to be possible it should take 1 hour to re implant it, a persons apartment door should be unlocked when they drop below -17 SL. With there location marked on the citycom, then they will have to run away and keep running till there LE is installed.

:) Should be fair right ?

/Edit

If its for the PvP server that is, I don't want some tradeskiller running with my stuff and not being able to hunt them down. As for tradeskillers in general I think it would be rather foolish to kill a constructer if you want weapons made in future. There hardly gonna be willing to service you, same with pokers and ressers its how the game works

fschepper
11-06-05, 18:04
Or just put a restriction on the LE (or create a new one, with this restriction) that it can only be put in with more than 25 points of positive soullight...

LiL T
11-06-05, 18:09
Or just put a restriction on the LE (or create a new one, with this restriction) that it can only be put in with more than 25 points of positive soullight...
Thats better I guess :)

Jesterthegreat
11-06-05, 18:18

N

i'd say spawn a 1/1% condition LE in every merc players inv.

this LE is not researchable, but can be used at any level.

this allows players to chose once and for all whether they wish to be involved in PvP or not.

CMaster
11-06-05, 18:39
My thinking is that the PvP server shouldnt be for those who don't want to PvP. Espeically with the posibility of LE players hanging around fights and picking up all drop items. Make it clear to newcomers to the game that the PvP server is a nasty place and you can PvP on the other server. On the other hand, it may be difficult to level without LE, so maybe have an LE in newbies heads that can never be reimplanted...

40$Poser
11-06-05, 19:26
the idea of the pvp server is good, tho what's going to suck beyond belief are those players who have a ppu with them always and those of us who don't. Perhaps a few tweaks or missing ppu spells on that server would be prime (IE. No parashock)

Morganth
11-06-05, 19:45
the idea of the pvp server is good, tho what's going to suck beyond belief are those players who have a ppu with them always and those of us who don't. Perhaps a few tweaks or missing ppu spells on that server would be prime (IE. No parashock)

I'd be up for that. The only character I am interested in leveling on Mercury is a hybrid, leaving me the possibility of going pure at any stage. Although my present interest in NC is diminishing, so I don't know if I can be bothered to level another character if I am going to leave, lol.

Dribble Joy
11-06-05, 19:48
tho what's going to suck beyond belief are those players who have a ppu with them always and those of us who don't.
As if it doesn't suck for people on the other servers...

Know what you mean though.

Morganth
11-06-05, 19:52
Perhaps the PvP server should be where they implement changes to PPUs? Kinda like a test realm. If people expect to be fucked around with how they need to be setup to be most effective in the game mechanics, they are less likely to create them.

I'm still going to have a PPU on Mercury, if I plan on playing. Although I'll be hybrid till I cap of course :rolleyes:

Darkana
11-06-05, 20:49
I haven't read the whole thread. Anyway, from what I have seen so far there seem to be at least two concerns about the LE chip: picking up dropped items and "bypassing" punishment for bad SL (or other bad behaviour). Let me put it that way: If you want a real PvP server, there should be no LE. If you fear the treatment of other, maybe higher ranked, players, you are not "hardcore" enough for a PvP server. Using the LE for leveling would be technically nothing else than getting a premade capped character where you can spend all the skill points into whatever seems good to you, get some PvP starter equipment and start off smacking others. I doubt that's what Neocron is thought for.

The item drop rules are pretty similar to what was usual in NC beta4, and I think early NC retail, too. Close to noone had a LE in, because it had severe restrictions. Nothing prevented you from picking up the stuff others dropped when they died. I cannot really remember this having been an issue ever, but then it was beta, you normally had only one char etc.pp.

Lets say we keep the LE the way it is:
LE players cannot pick up dropped items. The thing with the -SL and the LE is problematic, though. "Free" PvP and the current faction system. "Red" SL not always meaning you are bad (killing allied PKers, err, "PvP"ers). Easier access to other runners (for killing them) in the same city, because the guards won't hinder you (or even kill you). (Infact latter point would make TH the best place to meet for slaughtering each other, no guards, nothing, and everyone has access to it. Now who put all the junk there everywhere to get stuck and dying because of this? :p) In regard to the SL/faction stuff: What about drop rules with -16 or less SL?

Changing the LE implant time: If you like to wait 30 mins or more to get one implant in (and be rendered useless in a way), then go for it. I will promote this as the most stupid game design idea :p What you can do, if at all, is the add a second delay timer, which prevents players from changing their LE/non-LE status over and over, e.g. they would have to wait 24 hours or more before they can remove/implant it again. Alternatively you could, have the LE destroy itself after ripping it out, like it has been proposed already (which brings us back the first paragraph).

Now while it's probably fun to think about all this, have arguments with others etc.pp. there is a way bigger problem we have to face. KK decided, for whatever reason, Mercury to be the PvP ("Neptune") server. Now this is not a new server, but an existing server with an existing player community. If KK really decides to do this, and using Mercury for this, they will have to find a solution for the players there. The opinion of the Mercury players will or at least should have more weight than everyone elses, afterall it's "their" server, and having technically zero choices to migrate to a similar server they are nailed down. << To add some reasoning to this statement: First off, not every german does understand english or wants to bother with this. If they don't like/want to play on a PvP server, a choice would be moving to Mars, which is unfortunately an one slot server. Now there will be players, who want to use all their chars if they migrate. Changing Mars to a 4 slot will get you even more angry players, because the Marsians want to keep it the way it is. So what is left? How does KK think about this (e.g. regarding the cancellation of accounts)? >>

In the end it's all about how much KK is willing to risk with this and what resources they can pull (or want to pull).

LiL T
11-06-05, 21:36
Well you don't really need an LE to lvl up with, I just use them because I'm lazy :p there are alot of places to lvl out there. No one will ever pass you in days if you goto the right places, MB and CRP is just where everyone goes but you don't really need to go there :)

Jesterthegreat
11-06-05, 23:02
My thinking is that the PvP server shouldnt be for those who don't want to PvP. Espeically with the posibility of LE players hanging around fights and picking up all drop items. Make it clear to newcomers to the game that the PvP server is a nasty place and you can PvP on the other server. On the other hand, it may be difficult to level without LE, so maybe have an LE in newbies heads that can never be reimplanted...

thats all well and good... but alot of players played merc before it was a pvp server. so if its a conversion like planned something has to be done to accomodate them. either a transfer option or a comprimise

CMaster
11-06-05, 23:12
I think I expressed the sentiment that transfer should definatley be an option somewhere else - and if its to terra , the terrans should be encouraged to greet the new arrivals warmly.

Jesterthegreat
11-06-05, 23:38
heh

i'm just chillin on these forums til the rare using melee tank stops killing all the mobs at MB.

i'm sure theres no rule breaking reason behind it... its bound to not be harrassment... i'm sure he just KOS'd launchers, muties and aggies...

Eckhart
11-06-05, 23:45
heh

i'm just chillin on these forums til the rare using melee tank stops killing all the mobs at MB.

i'm sure theres no rule breaking reason behind it... its bound to not be harrassment... i'm sure he just KOS'd launchers, muties and aggies...
Its just immature :(

To be honest I dont see why they're doing it. All its doing is meaning they'll get a much much less than warm welcome when they come to Terra, and its likely people (since there will likely be a character transfer option so they wont be rolling noobs) will simply refuse to team with them at CRP etc because of their behaviour towards others now. It makes no sense, they're simply worsening their situation.

EDIT - thought I'd better clarify that. That doesnt mean Im going to act strangly towards them, doesnt mean I'll refuse to team with them. I can just see others doing it, some of the more silly on the server :rolleyes:

LiL T
11-06-05, 23:55
I'm pretty sure that melee tank was capped as well, I'm not arsed about it but thats pretty fukin sad. He got bored and left which was bound to happen so why I ask did he bother... lol whatever I'm not looking for trouble or to try and be a twat, I'm just lvling a character on another server.

Its just immature :(

To be honest I dont see why they're doing it. All its doing is meaning they'll get a much much less than warm welcome when they come to Terra, and its likely people (since there will likely be a character transfer option so they wont be rolling noobs) will simply refuse to team with them at CRP etc because of their behaviour towards others now. It makes no sense, they're simply worsening their situation.
I really don't know what there problem is, had they not been so hostile I don't think I would have had my PE at 47 DEX right now. I lived in germany for 5 years and they are nice people there down to earth much like the rest of the world. But in this game they seem to hate us ? I don't know but I don't hate them, if germans want to play on terra I have no problem at all and they can speak there langage. I don't expect them to speak english or respect us, they are saying its a german server, yes support is in german. I think this is KK's fault TBH they made there servers seperate which should never have happend.

It should have been 2 international servers and 1 international 1 slot server for those that cared. GM's both german and english for all servers, don't you think that would have been simpler ? Anyway I'm going to cap my PE and I'm going to make a hybrid tradeskiller, these people need teaching some manners tbh.

All within the games of coarse if people petition me I'm just roleplaying a mass murderer named littleterror k .

Jesterthegreat
12-06-05, 00:02
[ edited ]

LiL T
12-06-05, 00:10
[ edited ]

Eckhart
12-06-05, 00:11
[ edited ]

Jesterthegreat
12-06-05, 00:11
german sticky:

Uns liegen Berichte über Spieler vor, welche sich Charaktere auf Mercury erstellen um dort Ärger zu machen, besonders im Hinblick auf die Nationalität. Solche Verstöße gegen die Neocron 2 Verhaltensregeln werden streng verfolgt. Ihr seid gewarnt.

babelfished:

Us reports over players are present, who characters provide themselves on Mercury around there annoyance to make, particularly regarding the nationality. Such offences against the Neocron 2 behavior rules are strictly pursued. You are warned.

so... where do i report this to and how do i prove it? abuse@neocron.com? no way of proving shit there. helpdesk? wait hours... no thanks

any actual way of doing anything? or is it all talk and nothing actually happening?

:edit: i just have to alt tab every couple of mins... kill the sd'd mobs they drag into the bunker to try to kill me.

surely... not greifing though! they arent doing it on purpose!

:edit2: if any GM's feel like actually holding up these rules, pop by MB Bunker in J_01.

:edit3: the most amusing thing is... they think with the shitty netcode they can stand between a moving pistol PE and a mob. what morons.

LiL T
12-06-05, 00:17
lol stand between an LE'd character who can still fire through them....

Jesterthegreat
12-06-05, 00:20
lol stand between an LE'd character who can still fire through them....

aww... they are dragging over mad copbots for me now... still... they arent bothering to sd them so more xp for me!

Nidhogg
12-06-05, 00:59
Jesterthegreat, report abuse to abuse@neocron.com. If that's not fast enough for you then by all means report it here, but I'll be equally quick at taking action.

The same goes for anyone else.

N

/edit - for all the complaining you're doing, there isn't a single abuse ticket from either side registered in the system from either side.

CMaster
12-06-05, 01:05
You know, I feel sorry for whoever put foward this idea - they went from suggesting to start a new server to add interest and what they thought the players wanted - and have started a nigh-on race war...

Nidhogg
12-06-05, 01:07
You know, I feel sorry for whoever put foward this idea - they went from suggesting to start a new server to add interest and what they thought the players wanted - and have started a nigh-on race war...
More like a storm in a tea cup.

N

Toxen
12-06-05, 02:12
Tend to disagree there nid the disagreements have already begun on mercury, and we've already seen a few flame posts crop up here and there might be an idea to offer up some alternative plans to placate the general populace. seriously a direct conversion for mercury wasn't probably the best idea. So what do people think about these two possibilities.

1) Brand new server - Everyones happy may take a while to get up to speed, but will cost KK more in terms of maintence time, support and a multitude of other things gonna have other setup problems aswell

2) Shutdown for Code Change over period and a full world wipe - Now i know this is instantly not gonna go down well with the mercury community but this way "Its no ones server" so that argument and attached flame wars can't be dragged up, it also balances the servers out plus it won't be a gank fest of the people that have been on mercury for a while nuking the newer players seriously if it goes ahead like that people from other servers will just simply not bother going over to mercury for pvp which will deafeat the point of the changes and waste a huge ammount of dev time and effort.

ArthurDent2k
12-06-05, 07:44
ok.. do u really think there is any1 out there playing PURE for the RP ? no1 roleplays, this game is way too expensive to rp, its boring and ingame theres nothing to do cept pvp

Erm...Yes, I do. My Clanmates do so too. So?

we dont expect a warm welcome on mercury... we expect to be treated the same and not being put in a fucking box with a sign on it that says "english"
coz if u do that I'll put u in a box with a sign that says "racist" or another word

The Thing is that ATM there are peepz on both sides showing absolutely shabby behaviour and lack of manners. The "Mercurians" are enerved by (has to be said) primarily english comments like "I'm gonna kill you all", "Piss off you losers", "We'll rul0r U all", "Heil ******************" and such the like...on the other Hand I'm ashamed of german "Landsleute" throwing racistic comments in OOC and putting every one who doesn't speak german under general suspicion. Right now this can only be solved by both sides returning to normal,social behaviour. You can't blame one side alone.

I think ur mercs are too fucking chicken to pvp Terranians, and throwing comments like "shut up go lvl" wont do u any good, the person who told that to me was a /64 ppu, to him I say "you goddamn lvl urself fucking tosser, /64 nibcake ppu!"
both my PPUs are fully capped and did it the hard way, if I had the time and no RL I'd lvl a PPU on mercury and get 1 of my m8s to make an APU.. it would take us 4 weeks max to get sorted and trust me, we would kill any german on that server.
*sighs* And exactly such statements are the reason for the current atmosphere of distrust and asocial behaviour. :( Did it ever occur to you that Merc is NOT YET your PvP-Playground? That the "native" Mercurians would like to enjoy the last days of the world as they know it? We surely are NOT happy with KK's decision which was made without asking anyone. So,Reactions and general ingame moods are a bit upset right now and when you add such...sorry,brainless announcement up to it its no wonder no one likes the new players which lvl for their ultimate PvP-Experience before any change to the server is really announced or even done.

Greetings

Ford Prefect

P.S.: Sorry for being harsh, I didn't mean to piss you or anyone off Vae Victis, I just hope I could make clear what Factors led to the current situation and since english is not my native tongue I guess some formulations (? :) ) sound rougher than they're meant :angel:

40$Poser
12-06-05, 07:49
doesn't surprise me that people are saying retarded things such as that

Drake6k
12-06-05, 10:05
*crawls out from hole*

Ok you did it kk. Fix clothing changers and add a pvp server and I'll pay for another 6 months (well if the payment system works)
I read about um 6 or 7 random pages in this thread. Don't have time to read everything now.
I'll add my input on the pvp server :)

First I'm going to agree with everything FN said on the first page. The only way to make it fair for everyone and to prevent people from leveling now is to make a NEW server.

About SL:
It should be done the way it was at NC1 start. Red SL should only make guards in city attack you. You shouldn't drop more. I remember going red for laughs when leveling just for shits and a different color name. I'd just hang out in the wastes for the rest of the day then I'd be fine. It worked back then and the game only became less fun since they added the red SL drop. And you know 99% of the time the person who loses all their shit didn't deserve it.

Guards:
City guards should be like NC1 start. A tank with CS could aalllmosstt kill a copbot before he would die, those were the days. It was balanced, you could pvp in town, the guards did good damage but not too much and they DIDNT PARA.

PPUs:
When is pvp with ppus fun? Never. well at least almost never balanced and only enjoyable when the other guys dont have one to keep them alive. I say drop all ppu spells over tl 55 or so (just a number I'm pulling out my ass cause I know thats rez tl) Think about how much fun pvp would be with tanks, pes, hybrids, and spys... ACTUALLY DYING after 100 CS bursts. Ok hybrids aren't that fun but we cant remove the entire monk class too many people would bitch (but that would be fun huh). Remove high TL ppu spells. Do it or pvp will be completely one sided, people will be impossible to kill.

LE:
LE chip shouldn't even be on the server. Remove it completely, problem solved.

Xylaz
12-06-05, 11:06
yes, its a damn crucial - remove LE chip completely from pvp server.

and of course remove para, ppus and faction/nc/doy guards (or at least decrease their numbers)

Njall
12-06-05, 12:57
ok.. do u really think there is any1 out there playing PURE for the RP ? no1 roleplays, this game is way too expensive to rp, its boring and ingame theres nothing to do cept pvp
Yes, there is people playing pur RP.

Drake6k
12-06-05, 13:38
Oh yeah I got another thing for the pvp server.

Drops in warzones. :)

Doc Holliday
12-06-05, 13:39
I have read the thread. fully. i agree with alot thats posted here too and in my eyes most of it is fair comment. the bitching has begun again i see as always over anything thats new.

The one Significant thing i see which really has become a problem for people is the german/rest of you vs each other. Its a bit pointless on both sides but its happened before and it caused one great big empire on one side and lots of decent people to quit on the other. i know some of you will know what im reffering to.

However. The germans got a 1 slot server (all german) and a 4 slot server (all german) and the "international" community got a 4 slot server.

So why complain? im sorry but the comments of germans dont want to learn or currently do speak english is a bit shit. All the rest of the "international" players speak english then? i doubt it. ive seen plenty of people in game whos native language is non english and still struggle by and manage to get things sorted out in game.

I agree totally with the making of a 4 slot "pvp" server. i still dont see why KK should segregate the communities by english (now called int) and german. Its led to flame wars like this in the past and im guessing they have realised and are taking steps to break down these divisions.

I do feel bad for the Mercury players however. i would be pretty pissed at losing a server ive been playing on for ages to have to go to another server but lets be honest it wont take long to intermingle and you never know u might make new friends guys. thats to both sides :P

a4nic8er
12-06-05, 13:51
I like the idea of a 1 slot PvP server. Offer to transfer the characters from Mars to (an empty slot) on Mercury then make Mars the PvP server?

International has a 4 slot server, Germany has a 4 slot server, France has a 2 slot server, and we all share a 1 slot Pure PvP server. Starting from new.

Would be very interesting, methinks.

Toxen
12-06-05, 15:12
yes, its a damn crucial - remove LE chip completely from pvp server.
and of course remove para, ppus and faction/nc/doy guards (or at least decrease their numbers)

you do realise pulling the LE chip from the pvp server would cripple it beyond belief not to mention if its done without mecury gettin a full world wipe it will put the current mercurians at an enourmous advantage in that their resources will already be in place while people moving from mars, terra and pandore (unless they ran chars on mercury already) won't. Also with no safezones, no le's you think tradeskillers are gonna hang around where they can be found... nop nada especially with instadrop they wouldn't even have 100 sl to protect their belt for em. So based on that here are my predicitions for what will happen on mercury assuming a straightforward conversion is done and characters are left alone and LE's are pulled by KK.

1) The majority of n00b characters will be ganked by existing players repeatedly and it will become extremely anoyying to level.

2) With gettin ganked repeatedly less of the new mercurians will be likely to go tradeskiller creating an inbalance and it will start to become hard for the new mercurians to get good high quality top level weapons and rares.

3) Once the new mercurians get to a reasonable level they will look to retaliate for gettin ganked repeatedly while levelin as n00bs by existing mercurians.... and who will be number one target... existing mercurians tradeskillers needless to say this wil have negative effects on mecury's econnomy and we'll see a decreasing number of tradeskillers (or pure tradeskillers, we may see the rise of a new type of combat trader hybrid).

4) With the above pritty much going on till a sizable decrease in traders occurs and a sizable increase of new mercurians on the server we know whats gonna happen now... spys will become a underused class mainly due to some of their hardcore pvp failings PE's will take of the slack in the area of dex skill releated things but basicly its going to be monk-o-cron tanks will be something you play because you hardass or insane.

So *hops over to mercury and opens a robe wash* :D enjoy the monk fest.

Dribble Joy
12-06-05, 15:23
The main problem with no LEs is that it will become virtually impossible to tradeskill, simply because they will get killed, and with the high item turnover of combat, a decent tradeskilling community is going to be needed.

Toxen
12-06-05, 15:30
I can see one way around it... but its something that was avoided in that plan file... playershops traders work from the safety of home and can deposit stuff in the shops by remote. But it still leaves certain leveling problems for tradeskillers

MeWhiteWolf
12-06-05, 15:44
or as someone mentioned, a new LE model, how about one that has the combat effects of the gloves ;) I.E. -100 so u gotta be a pure tradeskiller to want to use it.

or perhaps put the law enforce +1 on the glove hell the req's arent that high

Jesterthegreat
12-06-05, 15:48
or perhaps put the law enforce +1 on the glove hell the req's arent that high

/me pk's to -50 sl

/me puts on a glove

/me laughs at the people trying to kill me

MeWhiteWolf
12-06-05, 16:10
valid i guess, but it is midnight here ;)
but LE imp it would work
or gloves now get a +SL req mentioned - after all a trader shouldn't need to pk

numb
12-06-05, 16:29
I dont see why tradeskilling would be such a problem. If people playing this pvp server are too scared to tradeskill then fine, it wont be hard to set up a trader organisation in an apartment, with some hired muscle to protect the traders. If so few people are going to trade skill, the prices could be increased significantly, to make it a very profitable operation for all involved.

I really think there should be no LE on the server. It might be harder to level in the popular spots due to PKers, but there are less populated spots to level at and I really dont think a chip disabling pvp should be on a PVP server. It makes no sense!

Riddle
12-06-05, 16:58
Traders can use an LE. We anticipate that they will likely have more to do on a server with an item drop so trading will still be vitally important.

LE question answered i think :)

Other Thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1824008#post1824008)

Nidhogg
12-06-05, 17:30
LE question answered i think :)

Other Thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1824008#post1824008)
It's not answered. That was just an example of what might happen. We might equally decide to drop the LE entirely and make crafting a more dangerous (and therefore more profitable) passtime. No decision has yet been made.

N

Riddle
12-06-05, 17:42
sorry Nid, I quoted you direct.

You said Traders can use LE, now we can't?? or maybe we can??

I said
With no safezones and no LE there will be no traders!

Imagine trying to build your rares when someone just rocks up and PK's you, then when you rep you realise that its only a 5 slot all arti item you just built that dropped!!

Fuck that! You need somewhere for traders to trade

You said

Traders can use an LE. We anticipate that they will likely have more to do on a server with an item drop so trading will still be vitally important.

N

Thats an example? It looks more like a statement of fact. If it's all still under review then why didn't you say that?

Nidhogg
12-06-05, 17:56
Thats an example? It looks more like a statement of fact. If it's all still under review then why didn't you say that?
Thanatos has made it perfectly clear that any statements made are purely theoritcal:
Just check the very first post on this thread to see that message.

N

/edit - I wasn't criticising you in that post btw, just correcting the assumption. ;) I definitely could have made myself more clear so you have a point.

Riddle
12-06-05, 18:00
Thanks for the clarification Nid ;)

Vid Gamer
12-06-05, 19:18
I would just like to see Paypal an option to pay for the game.

It would make me more inclined to reactivate my account. ;)

darkservent
12-06-05, 20:20
I would just like to see Paypal an option to pay for the game.

It would make me more inclined to reactivate my account. ;)

I thought your days in NC were over???

honour
12-06-05, 23:51
everything sounds cool but,

pls nerf holy para on this pvp server ! fighting will be much faster and fun

Jaxx.
13-06-05, 01:42
Regarding the ItemTracking and the future Player's Shops:

IIRC, ItemTracking was the main condition to have Player's Shop working. Currently, the problem is that only items over TL 80 are tracked so I wonder how Player's Shops gonna sell newbie stuff since for me Player's Shops are mainly said to be a cool thing for newbie to buy good stuff (ie. better stats, slots, etc).

aKe`cj
13-06-05, 02:09
...so I wonder how Player's Shops gonna sell newbie stuff since for me Player's Shops are mainly said to be a cool thing for newbie to buy good stuff (ie. better stats, slots, etc).

you just save/record whatever has been placed in the showcase, be it a milkyren or a zagerus belt - apart from that ...where was said playershops == itemtracking?

Jaxx.
13-06-05, 02:17
where was said playershops == itemtracking?

Donc la seule manière de mettre un projet similaire en place, c'est bien les player shops comme ils ont été promis. Et cette option, elle passe par l'item tracking.

Translation: The only way to set up such a project (ie. Player's Shop), it's Player's Shops as they were promised. And this option needs Item Tracking.

aKe`cj
13-06-05, 04:45
You need a way to see what item is where and a way to swap its place - if you can use parts of the procedures created for item-tracking, fine - this does in no way mean that both will share the same "track-record" ..why track thousands of weapons that will never even get close to be sold via playershops :)
XY being tracked with itemtracking by automaticly does not exclude other stuff being tracked relying on the same mechanics. Every Item TL 80+ is being tracked automaticly (flag created, item listed in another table... whatever, I have no clue) - technicaly the smallest problem to alter the group of tracked items or to add single items of a type thats not generally being tracked I guess ;)

Vid Gamer
13-06-05, 05:33
I thought your days in NC were over???

As a primary game, yes. But I wouldn't mind checking back in to see what's up every now and then. :)

Crest
13-06-05, 11:02
I personally think your belt idea isnt a bad idea at all, but whether it's needed is questionable. In NC1 before belt drop, when I died due to mobs, quite often I would be able to find my weapon.

Were all GR open to you, or as we have it ?
Did you drop a Backpack too, or did you have to carry everything with you.

This weekend, I killed 2 guys in I06. Hacked first belt and woke up dead (Stupid WB Spawned on me)
Try GR to Chester, No go back to app with SA out. Drop SA, and few other parts to gogo (AS PA in belt) and about to head back. Instead I log droner as he would not have double SI. Starting place is Battledome . Now there is a LE hunting in I 06 (so the time would be ticking before 1) he find my PA or 2)it dissapears. IF it just dropped out) Mainly cause there are 2 dead peeps going back for their belt, and mebbe mine. BD - hop onto hover after SI gone and get back. Stand in corner somehwere and lanch drone, scout around belts - no one, drop drone and hack belt(s) .Return back to home base

Toxen
13-06-05, 11:02
Jumping back to what im terming as "New Mercury" from now. So to summerise (yes i know not set in stone but listen). Intention: Pvp server acomplished by no safezones, new drop system, revamps SL system.

Well what safezones are there currently HQ's TH and MB not really gonna make much of a difference there.

New Drop system - the way it appears to have been set out makes the SL system pointless ur gonna drop something anyway and have no safeslot.

Revamped SL system - with the above its already pritty much pointless but if it regens faster you know you're basicly just gonna end up with everyone in one city ally ganking.

Now what gets me is that your wanting to setup a "PvP Server" yet your intending at the moment or least it seems that way to leave the LE in... sooo that makes it not a PvP server it basicly makes it a standard server with no safezones (not really gonna be that hard to adjust to considering we lost plaza and viaross in NC1-NC2, its also incredibly minor adjustment to the game). A hyper SL system (Lower hits, faster regen, again no real biggie in both implementation and how it would be received especially as alot of people are asking for the SL system to be radically rethought or scrapped which is basicly this without going far enough to screw many aspects of the game up). And finally its just a normal server with a new drop system and in the end of it the biggest adjustment the one that has the most impact is the fact that in worst case senario you don't have 20 seconds to retreive your belt before the item gets plucked and tbh it takes away one of the few joys hackers get plucking a nice juicy 5 slotter from someones belt and again not really hard to implement code wise.. item selection is already there for the quickbelt generation code, safeslot already has the code to be disabled infact the only thing that would be really needed to changed is the item thats spawned on death not that hard either. So with an LE in place on the pvp server it kinda really negated the attempt to setup a server designed around PvP.

Infact the more and more i read this it smells like mercurys going to be butchered merely for the purpose of testing how well some changes to the current pvp system would go down on other servers are the intended changes to mercury some prelude to possible similar implementations on the rest of kk owned servers? I feel sorry for existing mercurians now its feeling like their gettin the short end of the stick.

Toxen
13-06-05, 11:18
In addition: Just went back over the planfile about mercury.... that last little statement about reduced events... is it possibly you'll be reducing the current staff on mercury ?

Also with NEMA now gone to the wall can we get NEMA related stuff pulled from the servers and switched over to Neochronical ? especially as votr has stuff plastered everywhere? It just kinda feels like one of these things that will get shifted down the priorities list every patch.

13-06-05, 11:50
what "RP bone" are you expecting?

you want KK to enforce RP? i havent seen them say they will enforce PvP on merc...

RPers have the tools... plus they can now make pimp apts to rp in... plus they not got the /me command... unfortunatly they lost the interesting faction system and had it replaced with red vs blue though.

hell if you really wanna RP there are holovests now. useless for a normal player... but usable for an RPer for sure

I know this is several pages late but anyway....

'RP Bone'

Well for starters I didnt suggest that KK enforce RP, but the subsequent suggestion that future events on the non-PvP servers (sorry I dont buy this 'they are all PvP servers, this is just a 'hardcore'' one!) but more than just combat is certainly where I was heading.

In addition I'd like to see the city safe zones reinstated (IMO they added nothing to the game except more allied ganking) either that or leave them out and have the Copbots smoke you if you draw a weapon where they can see you (just like the manual said)

The thing I'd like to see the most is LE clans (and I still maintain that a clan shouldnt be able to hold an Outpost if any member has an LE)

Finally, the SL/faction penalties on the non-PvP servers should be even harshers than those on the PvP server (assuming KK every get around to addressing this point) to keep players in line with their faction goals and allegiences and not simply take a pop at anyone they please to relieve the boredom

Unfortunately I fear that, given the small size of the KK team, all their attention will be on the PvP server (trying to keep the majority of the dwindling playerbase happy and bringing back old players who have moved on) and not look at the possibility of addressing some of NC's 'image' problems and attracting more new players (those not of the 'PvP IS ALL!' mindset) to the game.

I also fear that the populations remaining on the non-PvP server will mirror those of the NC1 servers after NC2 went live (that is of course until some people realise they dont like the new PvP server and come back to the other servers most likely to gank the non-PvP minded players still there!)