PDA

View Full Version : Most Activity

BaDDaSS
09-06-05, 17:11
OK, so I'm back from a few-months break.

Still loving NC - imho it is the best game I have ever played.
So what if it's also one the buggiest :P

Infact I got into an argument with a guy in Game the other day when I asked for NC2 and he recommended SWG. lol.

What i'm wanting to know is, where is everyone hanging these days?

Plaza seems to be pretty dead, are most people in NC/MB/DoY?
Which clans are most active, and what factions?

Thanks in advance xD

BaDD

E. Cryton
09-06-05, 17:13
doy has the most runners, think crahn and tg are the most active factions.

ff and dark are the most active i think, dunno any real active nc clans.

Riddle
09-06-05, 17:20
Since the advent of random allied Pk'ing within the Plaza district, the old NC1 haunt is gone for good :(

You will find people spread amongst the faction HQ's ( Safezones) and TH when trading and hanging out for the bit of banter.

Standing around in Plaza is practically a waiting game before your shot at!!

Hence a load of people went anti city and the attraction of the new DOY maps, however i tried that and missed the NC streets :p

Digital-Talios
09-06-05, 17:23
Blood is pretty active. Thats a pro clan btw. Being on both sides of the fence I would say that only Neocron is worth fighting for. However Pro is outnumbered by DoY and those that are in Neocron about a quarter to half are anti alts who do random pking.

Dargeshaad
09-06-05, 17:24
Only once have I been shot at in NC, though I usually don't stand around and look around in plaza I frequently run from CA HQ -> PP3
Most frequently visited place? Hmmm that would probably be either the CRP zone or the CRP UG

enigma_b17
09-06-05, 17:31
I personally think nc is on its last legs.......another couple of months remaining in this state and there wont be enough ppl left to justify maintaining it.

E. Cryton
09-06-05, 17:32
riddle, i have the choise to go out for op-fighting or raiding crp, to get killed by ppu/whateva teams

or
to pk ppl i dont like at neocron, with the ability to leave as soon as ppus are showing up.

hey, i stay at nc and keep on killing my enemies !

Selendor
09-06-05, 17:34
Techaven genrep zone is the new plaza 1.

Both cities are screwed because of the low populations, meaning that DoY is deserted, and Neocron is full of allied pk'ers who can't be bothered to go and raid a deserted DoY (and in many cases are bored DoY runners themselves).

Still, one more person back is a larger population and takes us in the right direction ;)

E. Cryton
09-06-05, 17:37
selendor, as i already said, why whould i raid any doy-zones ???
waymore fun to kill my enemies at nc.

and as someone already said, cycrow ug is the zone for doy's to gather.

and btw, i think doy has around 75 - 80 % of the active, fighting runners, nc/mb the other 25 - 20.

BaDDaSS
09-06-05, 17:39
I can't understand the population thing.

The game is finally released in the UK.
Then again, it had no publicity what-so-ever.

Nobody I speak to knows about NC2, even hardcore gamers.
The only people who know about NC2, are the people who played NC2 Beta, and I couldn't get them to subscribe afterwards :(

Is it that NC2 is a poor game, and I just can't see it, because im a fanboy.
Or is it that the general MMO public prefer Fantasy genre?
/me hates Fantasy.
If I see another pixie/fairy/imp I shall go insane.

Riddle
09-06-05, 17:40
riddle, i have the choise to go out for op-fighting or raiding crp, to get killed by ppu/whateva teams

or
to pk ppl i dont like at neocron, with the ability to leave as soon as ppus are showing up.

hey, i stay at nc and keep on killing my enemies !

Not gonna get into another Allied Pk'ing rant :) Just pointing out that the old P1 of old is gone. With the server pops as they are it doesn't support this two sided war. Otherwise we wouldn't all be at TH :p

enigma_b17
09-06-05, 17:40
same old story, nc is best game in existance in concept and story, but in implementation there are so many holes, bugs and fuckups that noone can be bothered to stick around.

BaDDaSS
09-06-05, 17:41
An idea just popped into my head.

What if KK merged all the servers together, to make one nice larger server?

Of course the language thing would be an issue :(
And I can imagine people whining about 1/2/4slot character debates.

But it's just an idea :)

E. Cryton
09-06-05, 17:45
old idea, not a good idea.

Nidhogg
09-06-05, 17:51
It won't happen, but something interesting server-wise will happen in the near future. ;) Stay tuned for that plan file - not too long now...

N

[TgR]KILLER
09-06-05, 17:53
a server merge ? O.o

can't really see another ( 1/2 slot ) eng server comming. would love to play on a server as pluto was but the way i see it now it will just be as it was in the end of nc1 to. 2 dead servers instead of 1 semi active -_-

E. Cryton
09-06-05, 17:54
nidhoog, i dont believe that.
think its the same as with the ppu threads.

Nidhogg
I said a server merge wouldn't happen. Certainly not to my knowledge anyway.

N

/edit

nidhoog, i dont believe that.
think its the same as with the ppu threads.
I don't know what you mean. Sorry.

MisterP
Maybe upgrade so they can cope with 300 people without lagging?
Not having a pop Nid, but thats whats its been like the last few days.
I hope what you say is a good investment for both community and the company.

CMaster
09-06-05, 17:55
They're gonna solve the PPu "problem" by making Terra 1 slot, so there arent as many around...

BaDDaSS
09-06-05, 18:01
It won't happen, but something interesting server-wise will happen in the near future. ;) Stay tuned for that plan file - not too long now...

N

oooo000o!

Part of me is all warm and fuxxy with excitement!

The larger part is thinking "don't hold your breath mate, it might be a "not too long now..." like the others ;)"

Superbron
09-06-05, 18:05

NHm, interesting. I'll be tuned :D

[TgR]KILLER
09-06-05, 18:07
Hm, interesting. I'll be tuned :D

check sticky ;x

now as niddy says soon i will exept things to happen within 30 mins from now on hahaha.

Nidhogg
Go look at the stickies. ;)

N

/edit - damn j00! See, not all our "soon"'s turn out to be years. :p

BaDDaSS
Go look at the stickies. ;)

N

SEX <3

Tidus_Origin
09-06-05, 18:42
Infact I got into an argument with a guy in Game the other day when I asked for NC2 and he recommended SWG. lol.

That man should be fired IMMEDIATELY!!!! He's must've been spending too much time reading PC Zone :lol:

E. Cryton
09-06-05, 19:12
I don't know what you mean. Sorry.
well, kk started a few threads, with old, crappy ideas, to make ppl think they'd fix that problem ..
i think its the same with your statement.
there were so many anouncements, i dont believe in them anymore..

if they gonna change the server issues, i'm sorry, but i dont think they will.

Jesterthegreat
09-06-05, 19:38
I personally think nc is on its last legs.......another couple of months remaining in this state and there wont be enough ppl left to justify maintaining it.

yet they still spend the money on the NC1 servers... crazy business plans from KK...

but yeah... there is no "meeting place" like plaza 1... theres not enough peeps. closest thing it TH sometimes.

Nidhogg
09-06-05, 19:42
well, kk started a few threads, with old, crappy ideas, to make ppl think they'd fix that problem ..
i think its the same with your statement.
there were so many anouncements, i dont believe in them anymore..

if they gonna change the server issues, i'm sorry, but i dont think they will.
So you don't believe that we're going to post some server-related news as I stated in my earlier post on this thread?

N

Tostino
09-06-05, 19:48
So you don't believe that we're going to post some server-related news as I stated in my earlier post on this thread?

N
No he doesnt think you will do anything after you post it. He was just using the PPU balance threads as example (a bad one at that beacuse they were seeing if the community wanted what their ideas were before they put it in game).

E. Cryton
09-06-05, 20:20
what tostino said, i believe u'r going to post some threads, infos etc, but i dont think anything will happen...

MisterP
09-06-05, 23:01
I think thats the general consenus at the minute.
Nothing against Nid, I think he's completely full-filling his job. But i feel everyone is of the same opinion - We'll believe it when we see it, news means very very little.

Flashlite
10-06-05, 13:56
[ edited ]

Jesterthegreat
10-06-05, 14:03
[ edited ]

thats great...

i'll take that onboard...

[ edited ]

Flashlite
10-06-05, 14:07
[ edited ]

Jesterthegreat
10-06-05, 14:09
[ edited ]

funny... i started a noob last night... leveled with a group of 6 other noobs, chatted with 10 non-LE'd guys in plaza...

i'm pretty sure they werent bots.

but hey... if you wanna see the worst, feel free

Flashlite
10-06-05, 14:14
so 16 people in 1 day wow. i though it would be higher then that.

BaDDaSS
10-06-05, 14:37
so 16 people in 1 day wow. i though it would be higher then that.

With all due respect, fo and go play WoW :)
Don't turn my thread into a flame war.
If you love WoW, go play it and leave us to out Neocron2.

kthxbye?

Back on topic, I have looked around Plaza and DoY now, still can't find any people to hang with :(

I'm trying to get my msn/aim/yahoo/jabber lists to come play with me.
But as usual, people get turned off by the pay2play factor of MMOs :(

Flashlite
10-06-05, 14:57
[ edited ]

oh an i am still a fanboy of nc1. i still check this forum hoping kk would fix the bugs. so i can reactive my 2 accounts and fight in op wars again.

Nidhogg
10-06-05, 15:14
Flashlite, any more trolling from you and I'll close your forum account.

N

Preach
10-06-05, 15:18
Do it Nid hes a pixie loving whore tbh :P 8|

Darkana
10-06-05, 19:25
Back on topic, I have looked around Plaza and DoY now, still can't find any people to hang with :(DoY and NC may have the occasional newbie and runner moving around, but if there is a place to hang out nowadays, go and have a look at TH.

PS: Welcome back Baddass :)

BaDDaSS
10-06-05, 20:56
DoY and NC may have the occasional newbie and runner moving around, but if there is a place to hang out nowadays, go and have a look at TH.

PS: Welcome back Baddass :)

Ah, TH.
Looks like I won't be seeing much activity until I get my old account back then lol.
Not much chance of my newbie char getting there.

Tostino
10-06-05, 21:55

Ah, TH.
Looks like I won't be seeing much activity until I get my old account back then lol.
Not much chance of my newbie char getting there.
It's not very hard. I ran three 0/2's there and it only took about 25 min each.

her.
10-06-05, 23:00
yeaaaaa sure ya did pussy!!! heh nah just messin yea I ran my like 1/10 to tth just cuz if u donnt have th ure pretty much fucked wit the whole pokin thing and tradin thing...so i would say it is a must for u to run ure newbie to th...isnt too hard ;)

edit: damn forgot to put in tostinos quote.."yeaaaaa sure ya did pussy!!!" that part was meant for tostino :p

BaDDaSS
11-06-05, 05:59
Running to TH is not fun with a lack of endurance :P