PDA

View Full Version : the npcd-whine from yesterday on help continued

Original monk
08-06-05, 13:19
I started the ncpd mission yesterday ! I was in the mood and ready to become a good copper !

first i started out alone ... went to industrial 1 on the first mission ... i get some info from helpchannel and manage to get to jhonny five and get em on 30 hp ... i turn around and bam he despawns ...

my reaction: onow im bugged again :/ so i relog ... ffcourse that npc wont spawn jhonny 5 again :( so i cancel the mission and get back to the ncpd ..

get back to jhonny five and bam ... he's gone again ... yust despawns

i think ok ... so i have to kill em before he despawns .. must be a bug in the system .. so i get back to ncpd on another char (apu) and get myself a ppu to cover my ass while i kill em ...

this works and i continue the mission ... go to ind and find a corpse ... no sweat ... (poor noobs that have to drop by there tough .. for example to get to grand for the biotech epic ... hope they got there newbstealthtool with em lol .. there are always about 5 80/80 shotgunguys overthere... as most allready noticed ffcourse)

this worked out tough and i get to go to the church where this honey is getting married with the tough guy i have to kill (115/115 paineaserweilding dude)

im hittin em hitting em lalalala and bam .. i fatal .. result ... the dude is gone and as in the first example this girl doesnt wonna spawn em nomore ... cancel mission and bam start all over again ...

wohooo ... back to industrial kill jhonny 5 .. back to OZ 1 get the corpse etc ... and yah ... i arrive again at the curch ... to get that 115/115 guy to about 30hp again and bam ... he's gone ...

here my patience got put under fire ... tough wanting to become a decent cop (and get that daamn resistchip for my PE) i start over again ...

wohooo ... back to industrial kill jhonny 5 .. back to OZ 1 get the corpse etc ... and tadaa ... i arrive again at the curch ... this time he was about halfway health and i die ... bah ... result ... he despawned again before i get up from rezzing .. the honey doesnt wonna respawn em and bam ... cancel mission .. start all over again

now my question is: what the heck for a mission is this ?? i did half of the mission 3 even 4 times allready lol ... and still when i get home tonight i can start all over again :(

is this a bug ?? or is it supposed to be that you have to kill this guy in 2 minutes ?? its so freaking frustrating to keep doing that mission over and over lol :/

anyone have any hints on how to get em fast ?? i yust let em be DBed 3 times and start holy lightning em lol :/

still i have to do it for a 5th orso maybe even more times tonight :mad: spend a whole evening on a mission and still im not further then where i was where i started ...

can those despawntimes be made a bit longer ?? or can the mission be split up in parts like the epicmissions are ? so ya dont have to start from zero everytime ???

also i didnt do the mission before so i wonna know where i am .. is it after the paineaserguy that i have to go kill wb's or is there another npc to go kill after the 115/115 PEguy ?

i like to do these missions but it aint fun to see every npc despawn after a minute :/ to get the mission blocked completely and start over again :/

the mission is hard yeah ... cause the despawn time is yust rediculous ..

guess ill give it another try tonight, tough its getting kinda boring :(

CMaster
08-06-05, 13:22
You made one bi g mistake - and that was cancelling the mission each time they despawned. If you do enough daamge, you still get the mission complete - so go back to Commisionar Lightfield each time to see if he will give you the next part. Also, I never heard of Johnny Five despawning on anyone before they could kill him. More often I just hear the complaints that there are a ganag of Dragon's Wrath wandering OZ.

Bugs Gunny
08-06-05, 13:28
I've done it three times and quit doing it cuz i always tomed out or had the guy despawn.

Offering a PPR for your ncpd mini ppr chip :-)

Original monk
08-06-05, 13:28
You made one bi g mistake - and that was cancelling the mission each time they despawned. If you do enough daamge, you still get the mission complete - so go back to Commisionar Lightfield each time to see if he will give you the next part. Also, I never heard of Johnny Five despawning on anyone before they could kill him. More often I just hear the complaints that there are a ganag of Dragon's Wrath wandering OZ.

thanx ! quick and intresting info :) i went back the first time to check yeah but it didnt work ... the guy said sumthing about you gotta complete youre mission first ... the time after that i yust canceled and started all over again tough, i should try checking everytime tonight (if he despawns again)

jhonny five despawned quite quick yeah, yust like the paineaserguy .. them dragon's wrath guys where all over but that was pretty ok, aslong as there not firing all 5 simultanious :) (first time i went with a ppuhybrid, second time with a capped apu+ppu team)

ok cool, ill try this tonight, those tips are very appreciated :)

bugs: lol, if i ever get the chip i think ill frame it behind bulletfree glass and hang it in a nice place in my BDappartment :) im glad im not the only one thinking of yust giving up the mission and buying one on trade :P

CMaster
08-06-05, 14:34
Well, in my clan I think we have aquired 4, maybe 5 so far. As a rule, you want a tank with you - we oftne found two damage dealer was necessary, one just to take the aggro with AoE, themn the other (the one doing the mission) to do as much damage to Tulip as possible. We have never actually killed Tulip, but always got enough damage that after he despawned (note - our guys where normally dead first) that was enough for mission complete. Never had any trouble, even with a lowtech pistol PE (being PPUed) of Johnny Five despawning...
Oh, and the DW NPC in OZ1 really needs looking into.

Original monk
08-06-05, 14:59
Well, in my clan I think we have aquired 4, maybe 5 so far. As a rule, you want a tank with you - we oftne found two damage dealer was necessary, one just to take the aggro with AoE, themn the other (the one doing the mission) to do as much damage to Tulip as possible. We have never actually killed Tulip, but always got enough damage that after he despawned (note - our guys where normally dead first) that was enough for mission complete. Never had any trouble, even with a lowtech pistol PE (being PPUed) of Johnny Five despawning...
Oh, and the DW NPC in OZ1 really needs looking into.

owyeah, thats a nice idea also ! yust take another person who will draw aggro :) didnt even think of that before, then ya can shoot tulip relaxed witouth being bothered by the other guards :)

nice nice, that chip is mine :D

thanx again cmaster, youre a walking NC2 encyclopedia :)

Original monk
08-06-05, 21:50
thanx to good cooperation ingame and the extremely helpfull tips here on the forum it worked :D :D :D , it even ended sooner then i tought, think i was confusing a few missions here (again) :P

thanx (again)

:cool:

edit: if any mod likes, he can surely close the post, my epicproblem is solved :angel:

Brammers
09-06-05, 01:53
One thing I have to say, with all the problems with the NC Quest, the DoY version where you have to kill 35 Doomie's and 50 Warbots looks easy.

Mind you it took me two attempts and about 300k in Poke/GR fee's to complete the DoY quest.

Mr Kot
09-06-05, 03:11
SPOILERS AHEAD!!

If you haven't done the DoY quest yet, don't read further if you don't want to know the mission beforehand.

can those despawntimes be made a bit longer ?? or can the mission be split up in parts like the epicmissions are ? so ya dont have to start from zero everytime ???

This is exactly my thought after my miserable failed attempt to do the DoY quest.

Killed 35 Doomies no problem (i was on APU). Didn't take that long either. Getting back to Commander Hopkins was a bit of a timesink without a GR in the canyon.

Being sent to C-11 wasn't that bad either. With care, I can get where i need to be and avoid the aggro of any Y-reps. Didn't take that long either. Only died once, and that was due to a bug rather than my carelessness (crashed when zoning from C-12 to the C-11/B-11 boundary on my hover - hover ended up in B-11, my body got warped to reset point in C-11 next to 3 Y commanders and a crapload of belts - i was dead before i got out of synch :rolleyes: )

Back to Commander Hopkins again, he wants me to kill 50 warbots now, ffs.

Thinking id better wait for my ppu friend to log on to help me with this one, i log off until later that evening. Of course i think that the mission timer doesn't count while offline.

Bollocks it doesn't... later that evening, i log onto vent, tell my ppu all about my mission, log my APU, check armour, check spell, check im wearing correct belt, click GR to warp to El-Farid..............Mission failed!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I mean c'mon... why does the mission timer count while offline? No way was i online for more than 96 NC hours in aggregate. I watched the NC clock like a hawk from taking the mission and i was online for 36 NC hours tops.

And before i get the smartasses who say, "don't log off then, do the mission all in one go.." 96 NC hours is almost 10 hours of RL time. Some of us have a life outside NC and i'm not spending 10 hours of it non-stop staring at a monitor. My eyes would explode. At least the faction epics - although a timesink at times and a pain in the ass - could at least be done in some bitesize chunks. Mission 1, mission complete, go chill for a couple of days. Next week, start mission 2. Even when stuck for an epic kill, i've been online and offline for several RL days and the mission doesn't timeout. If it's possible with epics, please tweak these other quests too.

Is the crossbow mission as bad as this too?

:mad:

nobby
09-06-05, 14:27
sorry to hear that Dave :(

Wonder what the CM one is like :p

Original monk
09-06-05, 14:36
darn kot, if i hear you im happy about the ncpd mission :) i never did the doymission tough :/ when i read this chances are also small i gonna start it lol :)

tough i was asking for the same thing: make the resistchipmissions the same as epics, with submissions you have to complete instead of 1 giant mission that times out even when you logged off or where the npc's despawn quicker then you can equip youre weapon :) (with as a result a complete restart 8| )

i did the ncpd quest another 2 times yesterday and it worked woot, after a total of 6 times restarting lol ... i tought i had to go kill warbots or doomies after but that wasnt the case, phew :)

good luck on the doy one !

edit: i didnt do the new xbowmission yet, tough from what i heard its a combination of the old mission and the old coin mission :) those last 2 i did em both the first day after they came out and there ok .. its yust you have to be lucky that the right kind of juggernauts spawn type blablabla-X or sumthing ... and 9 outta 10 when ya started em ya got the whole alphabet but not X lol

with other words: i have no clue (tough toiletducktank did the mission, took em hours and hours he told, maybe he could give some info here when he accidentally drops by :) )

CMaster
09-06-05, 15:17
The new xbow mission take a long time (although the cster you have to use is dammmn slow). You don't have to wiat for the X types to spawn - they are all in the back room, and have been nerfed to 100/100. Anyway,, mission is in two stages, thankfully (so if something goes wromg, you dont have to go all the way back to the start). It also sends you all over the map. You;ll need to kill a lot of Juggers - you nedd 15 gyrostablizers, plus the parts for the actual xbow - and they only drop from the X types. They have an odd spawningnes snow. Have been in there and the x-types coninously respawn. Have been in there and after you have killed almost all of them about 10 spawn at once. Have been in htere and they dont respawn at all, you have to reset the factory after you have killed them. Anyway, my advide is take an APU/PPU team with Holy Fire barrle and fire apocalypse, and a dedicated hacker spy.

Mr Kot
09-06-05, 18:15
Anyway, my advide is take an APU/PPU team with Holy Fire barrle and fire apocalypse, and a dedicated hacker spy.

I'm cool with that... these missions are all about teamwork after all. But back to my question... did the mission ever timeout on you?

CMaster
09-06-05, 18:27
On me? No, but I did spend like 6 hours solid running it. However I seem to recall being at a metting between you and someone else where it was discussed (admittedly tied to a fatal). Also a clanmate of his had devlin take his parts, then the mission go FUBAr, meaning he had to restart the second mission on the run and gather the parts again...